CTET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Check the Qualification, Marks Relaxation, Age Limit and other details
The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, will soon issue the notification and complete information bulletin for the CTET 2023. The CTET Application Form for CTET 2023 July examination would be available on ctet.nic.in from April 2023.
All the candidates are advised to go through the detailed notification to learn about the CTET Exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other important exam-related details before filling out the online application form. Candidates must especially check their eligibility before they apply because the inability to meet the eligibility criteria can result in the cancellation of their candidature.
On that note, let’s learn about the qualification requirement, age limit, and other important eligibility criteria details that you need to know if you are appearing for the CTET 2023 exam.
CTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Education Qualification
Check out the crucial details regarding the eligibility criteria for CTET 2023 listed below:
Education Qualification for Classes 1-5: Primary Stage
Candidates look into the following points of class 1-5 educational qualification:
- Candidates must have passed or appeared in the last year of the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education and have passed or appeared in the senior secondary examination or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 45% marks and a two-year certificate in elementary education (by whatever name known) as stipulated by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, 2002.
- Senior Secondary (or similar) diploma with at least 50% marks and passing or appearing in the last year of a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education program (B.EI.Ed)
- Bachelor of Education and graduation with at least 50% marks (B.Ed)
Educational Qualification for Classes 6-8: Elementary Stage
Examine the details of eligibility for classes 6-8 provided below:
- Graduation and successful completion of a two-year elementary education diploma program.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and completion of enrollment in a 1-year Bachelor of Education program (B.Ed)
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and enrollment in a 1-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) program approved by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the last year of a four-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and completion or enrollment in a 1-year B.Ed (Special Education)
Candidates from reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled, would be permitted a 5% reduction in the qualifying marks in the minimum Educational Qualification for eligibility.
CTET Age Limit
The CTET examination has no age restrictions. You can retake the CTET as many times as you wish to improve your score. Students should have a minimum age of 17 to appear in the CTET exam. There is no maximum age limit decided by the authority. Apart from the age limit, students should also complete the other eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- There are no age restrictions for taking the CTET exam.
Other important information related to CTET 2023 Eligibility
Here are some important details about the CTET 2023 eligibility requirements:
- A diploma or degree course in teacher education should be recognised by NCTE.
- The Rehabilitation Council of India should acknowledge the Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed (Special Education) courses (RCI).
- A candidate having a D.Ed (special education) must go through training. This is an NCTE-approved course – 6 months of a special primary education curriculum.
- The educational requirements listed above are for language, maths, social science, science, and so on.
- The eligibility standards for a Physical Education teacher can be referenced to the NCTE rule of 03 November 2001.
- The state government’s standards apply to teachers of art education, craft education, labour education, home science, and other subjects.
- Candidates who are enrolled in an NCTE-approved teacher education program are also eligible.