MA History Distance Education Admission 2024: Master of Arts in History program spans a duration of 2 years and requires a graduation degree as the eligibility criterion. It is approved by UGC/DEB and offers both online and offline modes for the admission process. This post-graduation level course, offered by the IMTS Institute, has a fee structure of INR 15,000 per year. 04 March 2024 is the last date to submit the application for the 2024 session.
Graduates from MA History can work in archaeological departments, museums, academic institutes, etc. Graduates may also become curators, historians, archaeologists, librarians, teachers in high schools, etc. Initial salary ranges from INR 3 to 10 lakhs, depending on expertise and talent.
Students pursuing this course will learn about historic events, civilizations, cultures historic places, and many more. Candidates can now proceed with this programme conveniently via distance learning without affecting their busy schedules. In short, an MA in History is a perfect choice for students who have a keen interest in learning about Historical events.
- MA Course Full form: Master of Arts in History
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for admission to a Masters in History, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a UGC-approved university. Admission to IMTS Institute will be based on merit, so students with a minimum score of 45% will be considered for admission.
- Duration: This course is pursued in distance mode for a time period of 2 years. This course can be extended up to 3-4 years.
- Course Fee: The fee for pursuing the course is INR 15,000 for one year at IMTS Institute.
- Career Options: Students after completing the MA History Distance Education course are eligible to apply for jobs at profiles like an archivist, education officer, civil service administration, etc.
MA History Distance Education Admission Updates (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute invites Students for applications for MA History for the 2024-25 academic session. Apply before 04 March 2024. Apply Now
- Limited seats for MA History at Subharti University for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply by 02 March 2024.
- NIILM University Haryana announces MA History admission for the 2024-25 session. Submit applications before the Last Date for admission of 01 March 2024.
- SKU University opens MA History admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. The last date is 02 March 2024.
- Magalayatan University commences MA History admission for the 2024-25 session. Apply before 01 March 2024.
- William Carey University invites Students for applications for the MA History program for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply before 04 March 2024.
MA History Distance Education Highlights
|Master of Arts in History
|UGC / DEB
|Online / Offline
|INR 15,000 / Year
Why MA History Distance Education?
There are a lot of reasons to choose MA History via distance mode as it provide students with a lot of opportunities in this competitive market. Since the curriculum covers the important aspects of historic events and cultures so it opens door for careers like teaching, archaeology, and many more. Following is the list of reasons why you should choose MA History Distance Education:
- Diverse Curriculum
- Skill Development
- Career Support
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Features of MA History Distance Learning
- This course provides awareness about the past and the errors and achievements of mankind. In this way, students come to know what they were in history and can analyze the future as well.
- MA History Distance Education has a great scope in many public and private sectors and due to the increasing number of students in this field, it is now taught through the online and distance mode.
- Pursuing this course can lead students to pave their career path and get job roles like historians, archivists, history teachers, museum curators, archaeologists, and so on.
- The distance MA History program is greatly recognized in India and also in many other countries as this has gained worthy approval from UGC and DEB.
- MA History Distance Education provides fundamental information about Ancient Indian Culture and its parameters; this course also provides an intensive understanding of various views of our history and civilization.
- After completing the MA History course, candidates get jobs within the Arts industry, which pays the employee at different scales. It helps in encouraging the preservation and management of our heritage.
- Subjects pursuing this course study completely different subjects like the History of India, Ancient History, Medieval History, Economic History, World History, etc.
- As a result of this program, students will gain strong writing and analytical skills, as well as research skills, which will help them in their careers as writers, editors, or analysts.
MA History Distance Education Admission 2024
IMTS Institute has started admission for MA History Distance Education for the academic session 2024. Admission to this distance degree requires a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. A student can apply online mode. If students are eligible, they can get admission quickly.
The students who complete the application process for admission into the course will be selected for admission by the university directly after completing the registration process. The institute looks for students who have passed their bachelor-level education from a recognized institute.
Admission to MA History Course at IMTS Institute does not require any entrance exam score. IMTS Institute is offering direct admission for this course in distance mode. Students can secure their admission just filling out the application form given above.
MA History Distance Education Eligibility
- For admission to MA Distance Education, students must have completed their bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects to be considered for admission.
- The previous degree must be gained from any UGC-recognized university.
- Its admissions are merit-based and no entrance exam is included in the criteria.
- The minimum percentage required from students is 45% overall.
MA History Distance Education Application Form
There is an application form for MA History that can be found above on this page. An eligible student can only register if he or she meets all the requirements. An applicant who has completed his or her graduation with a minimum score of 45% will be considered for admission.
The application form required some details that must be correct. Students who want to enroll in MA History at IMTS Institute can fill out the form given above. The student’s name, contact number, email ID and course must be correct. The process will be completed online.
MA History Distance Education Fees
The approximate fee for pursuing a distance MA History course is INR 15,000 per year. The cost of this distance learning course can be varied at different institutes. The fee also includes other charges like exam fees, tuition fees, ID Cards fees, etc. Students can pay the fee online through the UPIs, Debit/Credit Cards, and Net Banking.
MA History Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Steps to get admission to Distance MA History programme:
- Aspirants who are interested to get admission to the correspondence MA History course need to fill out and submit the application form attached above on this page.
- Once you submit this form with complete details. Then our counsellors will call you within 24 to 48 hrs.
- You can discuss the complete course detail and admission with them.
- Also, they will tell you the steps to fill out the application form.
- Follow these steps to book your seat for the course.
Benefits of MA History Distance Education
- Time flexibility: The distance MA has a flexible time course for their students. It has four semesters in its duration.
- Low cost: INR 15,000 is its fee structure. The fee for the MA History Distance Learning course is affordable for the candidates.
- Earn while you learn: The candidates of this program can work in other institutes during the study period. It has the quality of earning and learning because candidates can work in different places.
- Online classes: All books and course-related material is provided to the candidate online. Distance education is the only program that gives lectures and courses in online /offline mode.
MA History Distance Education Syllabus
|Ancient and Medieval Societies
|Historiography and Research Methods
|Political Structures in India Through the Ages
|Indian National Movement
|History of Indian Economy-1: From Earliest Times to C.1700
|Social and Political Thought in Modern India
|Gandhi‘s Political Thought
|Environmental Histories of the Indian Subcontinent
|Social Structures in India Through the Ages
|Urbanization in India-1
|History of Indian Economy-2: C.1700 to 2000
|Urbanization in India-2
MA History Distance Education Subjects
Following are the core subjects that a university offers during the MA history course programme:
- Evolution of Ideas and Institutions in Ancient India
- Nationalist Movement
- Modern World-II
- Social And Cultural History Of India
- Ancient and Medival Chhattisgarh
- Modern World
- Social And Cultural History Of Tamil Nadu From Sangam Age To A.D 1565
- History of Medieval India
- History of Medieval India
- Contemporary World
- Nationalist Movement
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Evolution of Ideas and Institutions in Medieval India
MA History Distance Education in India
Correspondance MA History is a specialized course in the arts stream offered in India, which sees a large number of annual enrolments. This increasing enrolment is a testament to the high proportion of educated individuals in India with a focus on history. IMTS is one of the institutions that offer the MA History Distance Education degree as part of its curriculum. For more information, candidates can fill inquiry form or contact our counsellor for a complete guide.
The number of students enrolling for MA History in distance mode is increasing significantly at IMTS Institute. In previous years, students from states like Maharastra, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Delhi and Uttrakhand came forward for admission to MA in history at IMTS Institute.
MA History Distance Education in Kerala
Kerala offers distance education programmes at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels through several universities. A lot of students fill out the application form attached above for the distance MA History course. However the students can visit the website of any university/institute to get information about their distance education programme History including eligibility, fee structure, the application process, etc.
MA History Distance Education in TamilNadu
Correspondence MA History is a popular course in Tamil that is pursued by many students. IMTS Institute offers an MA History distance education course for students in Tamilnadu. It is a popular distance learning program in this state.
Candidates who have completed their undergraduate degree in the relevant subject can enroll themselves for admission. The applicants must submit an application form to be considered for admission. Candidates of Tamilnadu can submit their details via the registration form attached above to get admission details.
Scope after MA History Distance Education
The students who are studying the MA History Distance Education course will get the opportunity to get into a highlighted and successful career as the scope for a career after the course is quite bright.
There are plenty of opportunities for students to apply for jobs at various reputed organizations that do research work, such as the archaeology department, museums, and research organizations, and they can also enroll themselves in various teaching positions. detailed information mentioned in the below section must go through the article.
Employment Areas for MA History Distance Education
As a completion of the program, graduates have the opportunity to find employment in various government sectors, such as museums, archaeological departments, academic institutions, etc. Positions for Lecturers are among those available. Here are some job profiles you might find interesting.
- Historical Parks
- Museums & Art Galleries
- Publishing Houses
- Tourism Industry
- Public Relation Offices
- Survey Agencies
- Archaeology Sites
- Historical Fiction Writing
Tourism in India is rapidly growing and provides a number of jobs. MA History Distance Education graduates can work as tourist guides, historic site managers, etc. India’s tourism industry plays a significant role in our economy, so working in it can also contribute to its development. It is really beneficial for those students who want to pursue this MA history degree via distance learning.
Jobs After MA History Distance Education
MA History Distance Education is the most commonly pursued course worldwide. IMTS also offers career counselling for the MA History program. Students can move for the job after completing the course in the field mentioned below.
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Museum Education Officer
- Civil Service Administrator
- Historical Research Assistant
- National Parks & Historic Sites Manager
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Question 1: Is this MA History valid for the government or private Sectors?
Answer: Yes, this MA History degree and certification are good in both sectors.
Question 2: Is MA History or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Answer: Yes, degree and certification are acceptable for jobs and study in India or Abroad.
Question 3: What are the benefits of an MA in History?
Answer: A Master’s Degree in History is the equivalent of two years of study at an undergraduate university that concentrates on a particular period of history within a particular or popular culture. There is employment in a wide variety of fields, such as the arts, sociology, humanities, and psychology.
Question 4: Is MA History distance valid?
Answer: There is no problem with the MA course taken through distance learning.
Question 5: Can I do a Distance MA in History without a BA in History?
Answer: Yes, you can do an MA in history course in distance learning mode without BA in History. But you have to complete an undergraduate degree from a reputed university in any discipline.