PhD Distance Education Admission: PhD through distance learning mode is offered with a duration of 3 to 6 years. The flexibility of a PhD distance learning course is its key benefit. PhD through distance learning is a more practical alternative and may allow you to balance studies with other responsibilities, such as employment and family, than moving closer to the campus due to the financial and logistical consequences. The students get to learn and study at the doctorate level which is considered as the highest level of degree offered by any institution or university around the globe.
Students who have completed their MPhil or other aster level course from a recognized institution can apply for admission into a PhD distance education course. The process for admission to a PhD course is mainly based on the applicant’s entrance exam and in the interview round conducted by the institute.
After completing the PhD distance education course students can aspire to get job at doctorate levels and can be employed as a lecturer, professors, scientists, etc.
PhD course is not approved to be offered by the distance education mode. The University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2017 issued a notification stating that the PhD degree pursued from the distance education mode will no longer be approved by the organization.
PhD Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Duration||3 – 6 Years|
|Fee Structure||INR 24,750 to INR 1,58,400|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why PhD Distance Education?
You must be able to motivate yourself and have a very clear idea of your project. Here are some benefits of PhD through distance learning.
- It may be fairly solitary to pursue a PhD outside of a traditional academic setting, so being proactive in looking for connections within pertinent research communities is crucial.
- You will get the same degree of assistance and guidance as students who are enrolled on campus. Only supervision meetings would use audio and visual communication services.
- The average annual salary earned by PhD distance professionals is ranging from INR 4 to 9 lac per year.
PhD Distance Education Admission 2022
Admission into the PhD course is going on at the IMTS Institute and students can apply for it by filling out the registration form listed above on the page. Students after filling out the registration form will be contacted by our expert counselors and will be proceeded for admission.
The process for admission into this course is based on the entrance exam scores of the applicants and after that, the students will have to appear in the personal interview and the group discussion round conducted by the institution. Getting admission into this course requires students to have good prior knowledge about specialization and research skills.
Once the applicant has got admission into the PhD distance education course they will get to study about the specialization of the course in-depth with the help of the specially designed curriculum.
PhD Distance Education: Eligibility Criteria
- It requires to complete their Master’s Degree or M.Phil in a relevant stream to enroll for distance PhD courses.
- Merit minimum score for the PhD course study is 50% and students are also required to clear the entrance test which is a must for admission.
- It is mandatory to appear in the Entrance Exam and qualify for the exam.
Is Distance Education Valid for PhD?
No, PhD Distance Education is not approved to be pursued by students in India. However, students who can’t afford to pursue PhD in the regular mode can opt for getting admission into the PhD course through the part-time mode.
By getting into the part-time mode students will be provided regular classes either during the night shifts or on the weekends. Pursuing PhD part-time is approved as per the UGC guidelines but the distance PhD course is not approved by the UGC.
PhD Distance Education Admission Process
Selection process on the basis of merit in last qualification examination marks. Students can apply online from the university website.
- Visit the University Website.
- Click on the New Registration, if students are not registered.
- Fill out the form for new registration.
- The students choose your course and note down its Course ID.
- Then, click on the Application.
- Applicants should fill out the application form with the required information like Registration Number, Phone Number, Username, Students Name, Email, Roll Number, Passport, Captcha Code, etc.
- The course fee must be paid.
- Upload the required documents like Passport size photo, Scanned Signature, Aadhar card, Pan card, Marksheet of the previous qualification, Cast certificate, etc.
- Next, click on the submit button.
- A provisional acceptance of the student’s application has been made.
Types of PhD Courses
The PhD courses are offered in multiple forms so that the students can opt for the best suitable mode of the course for themselves. The type of PhD course is listed below:
- Regular PhD Course: The students are required to attend regular classes at the university and it will be mandatory for them be complete some attendance criteria set up by the university.
- Part-Time PhD Course: The part-time PhD course is a mode of students that enables the chance for pursuing a PhD degree for working professionals. As the applicants are provided with the opportunity for attending weekend classes at the university campus.
- Online PhD: The online mode for studying into the PhD course provides a student with the option of pursuing their study from home where they will be attending their classes regularly ut from the online modes. No applicant will be needed to visit the institution or university regarding to the classes.
- Distance PhD Course: The distance PhD course is the mode where students are not needed to attend time-bound classes. They get the study material from the university which they need to study and complete their education by themselves only,
PhD Distance Education in India
PhD is a doctorate-level course offered for admission to students who have pursued their master’s level study from a recognized institution and are aspiring to pursue senior-level study. In India the PhD distance education course is offered for admission in multiple institutions and the process is generally based on the entrance exam scores of the applicants.
Aspirants can pursue PhD distance education in India in various specializations like humanities, science, law, commerce, business management, etc. The students in India get to cover each and every topic very closely with the help of a specially designed curriculum for the course.
There are numerous PhD distance education courses that the students can opt for admission, but due to multiple choices, sometimes the students get confused. Therefore we have listed some of the best distance PhD programs in India:
- PhD in Geography
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Physics
- PhD in Botany
- PhD in Education
- PhD in Hindi
- PhD in English
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Law
- PhD in History
Specializations of PhD Distance Education
Some of the most looked after PhD Distance Education courses for admission are:
|PhD in Science||Master/M.Phil||INR 95,520|
|PhD in Commerce||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,05,520|
|PhD in Humanities||Master/M.Phil||INR 98,250|
|PhD in English||Master/M.Phil||INR 88,640|
|PhD in Literature||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,20,640|
|PhD in Law||Master/M.Phil||INR 94,850|
Scope of PhD Distance Education
Distance PhD course comes up with several career-enhancing opportunities that lead them to great heights in their professional careers. On completing the Distance PhD program an applicant will be ready with the upgraded skills that will help them in facing professional challenges.
Students can aspire for jobs in various disciplines such as research organizations, scientific laboratories, testing agencies, medical research centres, etc. They will be able to grab easy promotions at the organizations they are working in or can even be able to apply for multiple senior profile jobs.
Assistant Professor: After completing the PHD Course in any traditional or professional course, Phd scholars are invited to teach in many universities and earn a decent salary.
The average salary package that an applicant can aspire to get after pursuing the distance PhD course can be around INR 12.55 LPA to INR 35.65 LPA.
Be the first to leave a review.