PhD Distance Education Admission: PhD through distance learning mode is offered with a duration of 3 to 6 years. The flexibility of a PhD distance learning course is its key benefit. The students get to learn and study at the doctorate level which is considered the highest level of degree offered by any institution or university around the globe.
Distance learning may be a more practical alternative that allows you to balance studies with other responsibilities, such as employment and family, than moving closer to the campus.
Students who have completed their MPhil or other aster level course from a recognized institution can apply for admission into a PhD distance education course. The process for admission to a PhD course is mainly based on the applicant’s entrance exam and the interview round conducted by the institute.
After completing the PhD distance education course students can aspire to get jobs at doctorate levels and can be employed as a lecturer, professors, scientists, etc.
PhD course is not approved to be offered by the distance education mode. The University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2017 issued a notification stating that the PhD degree pursued from the distance education mode will no longer be approved by the organization.
PhD Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Duration||3 – 6 Years|
|Fee Structure||INR 24,750 to INR 1,58,400 per year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
About IMTS Institute
IMTS is India’s most trusted and leading distance learning institute. Since its founding over 15 years ago, IMTS Institute has worked for the benefit of students and will continue to do so forever. There are a variety of disciplines and levels of courses available at IMTS Institute to students.
Currently, the institute has been successful in securing more than 25,000 admissions. At IMTS Institute, there are more than 350 expert and qualified counselors that are always striving to make students’ lives better. At Big brand companies, like Google, HCL, IBM, & more IMTS Institute has prepared professionals who are leading the way.
Why PhD Distance Education?
You must be able to motivate yourself and have a very clear idea of your project. Here are some benefits of PhD through distance learning.
- It may be fairly solitary to pursue a PhD outside of a traditional academic setting, so being proactive in looking for connections within pertinent research communities is crucial.
- You will get the same degree of assistance and guidance as students who are enrolled on campus. Only supervision meetings would use audio and visual communication services.
- There will be many opportunities for you to conduct research in your field during your programme. Additionally, while pursuing your PhD, you can develop new theories and techniques in the field of your specialization.
- The average annual salary earned by PhD distance professionals is ranging from INR 4 to 9 lac per year.
PhD Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into the PhD course is going on at the IMTS Institute and students can apply for it by filling out the registration form listed above on the page. Students after filling out the registration form will be contacted by our expert counselors and will be proceeded for admission.
The process for admission into this course is based on the entrance exam scores of the applicants and after that, the students will have to appear in the personal interview and the group discussion round conducted by the institution. Getting admission into this course requires students to have good prior knowledge about specialization and research skills.
To ensure success in the PhD distance education program, students are required to utilize the specially designed curriculum. This is to gain a better understanding of the specializations of the PhD program.
PhD Distance Education: Eligibility Criteria
This is a Doctoral level course that has bit different eligibility criteria for admission that has to be completed by the candidate. The following criteria are mentioned below,
- The master’s degree should complete for admission by the disciplined university for PhD course.
- Merit minimum score for the PhD course study is 50% and students are also required to clear the entrance test which is a must for admission.
- It is mandatory to appear in the Entrance Exam and qualify for the exam.
Fee for PhD Distance Education
To confirm their admission, students should submit the fee before the deadline. Other charges, such as tuition, identity card fees, exam fees, and so on, will be included in the fee. Students can contact the above-mentioned number with any questions about fees. The average annual fee for this course ranges from INR 24,750 to INR 1,58,400.
Is Distance Education Valid for PhD?
No, PhD Distance Education is not approved to be pursued by students in India. However, students who can’t afford to pursue PhD in the regular mode can opt for getting admission into the PhD course through the part-time mode.
By getting into the part-time mode students will be provided regular classes either during the night shifts or on the weekends. Pursuing PhD part-time is approved as per the UGC guidelines but the distance PhD course is not approved by the UGC.
PhD Distance Education Admission Process
Selection process on the basis of merit in last qualification examination marks. Students can apply online from the university website.
- Visit the University Website.
- Click on New Registration, if students are not registered.
- Fill out the form for new registration.
- The students choose your course and note down its Course ID.
- Then, click on the Application.
- Applicants should fill out the application form with the required information like Registration Number, Phone Number, Username, Students Name, Email, Roll Number, Passport, Captcha Code, etc.
- The course fee must be paid.
- Upload the required documents like Passport size photo, Scanned Signature, Aadhar card, Pan card, Marksheet of the previous qualification, Cast certificate, etc.
- Next, click on the submit button.
- A provisional acceptance of the student’s application has been made.
Types of PhD Courses
The PhD courses are offered in multiple forms so that the students can opt for the best suitable mode of the course for themselves. The type of PhD course is listed below:
- Regular PhD Course: The students are required to attend regular classes at the university and it will be mandatory for them be complete some attendance criteria set up by the university.
- Part-Time PhD Course: The part-time PhD course is a mode of students that enables the chance for pursuing a PhD degree for working professionals. As the applicants are provided with the opportunity for attending weekend classes at the university campus.
- Online PhD: A student can study the PhD online from home, where they will attend their classes regularly using the online mode. Regarding the classes, applicants will not need to visit the institution or university.
- Distance PhD Course: The distance PhD course is the mode where students are not needed to attend time-bound classes. They get the study material from the university which they need to study and complete their education by themselves only,
PhD Distance Education in India
PhD is a doctorate-level course offered for admission to students who have pursued their master’s level study from a recognized institution and are aspiring to pursue senior-level study. In India the PhD distance education course is offered for admission in multiple institutions and the process is generally based on the entrance exam scores of the applicants.
Candidates have the option to pursue a PhD through remote education in India there is a variety of subjects, including humanities, sciences, law, commerce, and business management, amongst others. With the assistance of a curriculum that was developed specifically for the class, the students in India have the opportunity to cover every topic in great detail.
There are numerous PhD distance education courses that the students can opt for admission, but due to multiple choices, sometimes the students get confused. Therefore we have listed some of the best distance PhD programs in India:
- PhD in Geography
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Physics
- PhD in Botany
- PhD in Education
- PhD in Hindi
- PhD in English
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Law
- PhD in History
Specializations of PhD Distance Education
When we discuss getting a Ph.D. through the online distance learning format, we have several different specialties and applicants. Don’t worry about it; we’ve included some of the most popular courses below, along with the prerequisites and costs associated with taking them.
|PhD in Science||Master/M.Phil||INR 95,520|
|PhD in Commerce||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,05,520|
|PhD in Humanities||Master/M.Phil||INR 98,250|
|PhD in English||Master/M.Phil||INR 88,640|
|PhD in Literature||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,20,640|
|PhD in Law||Master/M.Phil||INR 94,850|
Scope of PhD Distance Education
In addition to career-enhancing opportunities, distance PhD courses offer participants a wide range of career-enhancing opportunities. A Distance PhD program will prepare an applicant for professional challenges with upgraded skills.
Many students aspire to work in research organizations, scientific laboratories, testing agencies, medical research centres, etc. As a result, they will be able to gain easy promotions within the organizations where they work as well as apply for multiple senior positions.
Assistant Professor: After completing the Ph.D. Course in any traditional or professional course, Phd scholars are invited to teach at many universities and earn a decent salary.
The average salary package that an applicant can aspire to get after pursuing the distance PhD course can be around INR 12.55 LPA to INR 35.65 LPA.
Ques: What is the eligibility for a PhD in distance education?
Ans: Candidates who wish to do a doctoral degree program in distance education mode need to pass at least a master’s degree with a minimum passing score of 55 percent.
Ques: What is the average fee for Ph.D. distance education?
Ans: The average fee for the Ph.D. degree program at distance education universities or institutions in India ranges from INR 16,800 to INR 1,26,000.
Ques: Is the Distance Education PhD degree course valid?
Ans: No, Universities don’t have approval from UGC for PhD admission in 2023.
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|