BLIS Distance Education Admission 2023: BLIS stands for Bachelor of Library and Information Science. It is a one-year bachelor’s degree focused on library administration and management. A BLIS Distance Education program admission process has begun. Applications can be submitted by applicants who meet the eligibility requirements before the deadline. BLIS Distance education admission requires a UG degree as the minimum requirement. Each university sets its own fees for its courses.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university
- Duration: This course lasts for one year.
- Fee: BLIS distance education average course fee for one semester is about INR 12,000 to INR 30,000.
Students who enroll in the BLIS distance education will gain knowledge of how to manage library information, access digital books, as well as maintain them. Graduates of BLIS distance education can become educators, Project Trainees, Junior Library Attendants, Library Information Assistants, Professional Assistants, and more. BLIS graduates’ average income depends on their experience and skill level.
BLis Course Distance Education is being offered by IMTS Institute. The admission process has started and students must fill out the online application form on or before the last date. The admission process can be completed online and no physical presence is required for admission at IMTS Institue. Only eligible candidates can apply for the admission to BLis Course.
BLIS Distance Education Highlights
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Eligibility||UG degree in any stream|
|Fee Structure||INR 12,000 to INR 30,000|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why BLIS Distance Education?
A bachelor’s degree in library and information science is an undergraduate degree. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a one-year program following the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Students learn more about libraries in the BLIS course. Libraries’ value, strategies to improve them, and ways to save library data online and offline.
Due to technological advancements that enable indefinite data storage and the course’s multiple options in numerous industries, the BLIS Distance course has grown to be a successful alternative in today’s market. Here are some benefits of doing BLIS in distance mode.
- Students can earn their degrees through a BLIS distance learning program without having to leave their hometown or city.
- Students may easily complete their studies with the help of the BLIS Distance course due to its well-thought-out design.
- Distance BLIS graduates can annually earn an average salary starting from INR 3 to 7 lac per year.
There are numerous career-enhancing opportunities that an applicant gets after pursuing this course, as they can get a job as a librarian in an educational institution or public library, etc.
Key Features of BLIS Distance Education Course
In recent times, the interest of students has increased in library and information science. The main objectives that applicants get after choosing the BLIS Distance Education course are:
- By choosing the Distance BLIS course students get the opportunity to complete the course without visiting the institution’s campus regularly.
- The fee for completing the course in the distance mode is also lesser compared with the regular mode course.
- The syllabus of the course remains the same whether opted in the distance mode or in the regular mode by the student.
- The value of the degree is also the same as in the regular mode if compared to the BLIS DDE degree.
- By opting for the course with an open learning mode students have a to chance for doing studies from any place or any region.
- By completing the BLIS Distance Education course, students will be eligible to apply for the campus placement option for getting a good profile job.
Is Distance BLIS Worth it?
A distance BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) degree will lead the candidates to gain great career chances within the related area.
- Skills: This course will make you excellent at technical skills, managerial skills, time management, knowledge of policies, standards, issues, customer services, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: As no physical classes are required here with no need to go to campus thus, time is saved, and students study by choosing the best available time for them, and at other times extra activities can be performed.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of distance BLIS is under the range of many candidates who face financial issues as its fee ranges from INR 12000 to 30000 per year on an average basis.
- Earn While You Learn: It is possible to learn for working professionals and earn along with the time flexibility of this course provides this opportunity where students can meet their expenses.
BLIS Distance Education Admission 2023
Students aspiring for admission into the course need to fill out the registration form listed above in the article. Once an applicant completes the registration process, they are directly selected for admission by the institute.
The registrations can only be done by the applicants via online mode only as the institution is not accepting any offline applications or registrations. No applicant would be needed to appear on the institute campus regarding the admission process as the admissions will be completed by the institution via the only mode only.
If applicant faces issues or has confusion regarding the admission process or the course structure can contact our expert counselors, who will guide them in every possible manner. Our educational counselors are available 24×7 for the help students with their careers.
BLIS Distance Education Application Form 2023
Applicants must provide correct details in the application form attached above for BLIS distance education course admission. Make sure all the details should be according to the educational certificates. It will be verified later in the admission process. Students must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form that is mentioned below.
Distance BLIS Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary that students meet certain eligibility requirements listed by the institutions in order to be able to enroll in the BLIS Distance Education course. Depending on the admission process of the institution, these requirements may differ from institution to institution. Here are a few of the general requirements for admission to the BLIS Distance Education program:
- It is required that the applicant should have completed their bachelor’s study before applying for admission.
- In the bachelor’s study, the applicant needs to score a minimum of 45% score from a recognized institution.
- There are no age criteria for getting admission to the course.
- 5% relaxation is offered to students of the reserved category for admission in the BLIS Distance Education course.
BLIS Distance Education Fee
Compared to regular education, distance education’s BLIS fee is relatively low. The fee of a distance education BLIS program ranges between Rs. 12,000 and Rs. 30,000 per year. There are also some other charges included in the fee, such as tuition, identity card, and exam fees. Paying the fee online is an option for students. Fee payments can be made in installments.
BLIS Distance Education Admission in Delhi
Admission to BLIS course distance education is open in many institutions in Delhi for the year 2023-24. Institute of Management and Technical studies is the leading institute in Delhi and is well known for its distance education programmes. All the admission can be done through the online portal. Students do not need to go anywhere. They can complete all admission processes on their screens.
BLIS Distance course admission are generally based on merit lists. The institutions evaluate students based on their scores on the previous qualifying or preliminary exam held at a recognized institution.
BLIS Distance Education in Tamilnadu
South India’s Tamil Nadu state is located in the southern part of the country. In the area of high-quality education, there is a lot of potential for growth. To earn a BLIS degree through distance learning, you should go to IMTS if you live in Tamil Nadu. Education can be obtained without having to leave home through this nationwide system. To enroll in the BLIS programme in India, one needs a 12th-grade diploma from an accredited school.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Students who want to apply for getting admission to the BLIS Course Distance Education can do so by following the process listed below:
- Visit the official admission portal of the institution offering admission to the BLIS DDE course.
- Fill in the registration form and note down the credentials made for the registration purpose.
- Log in to the application form submission portal by using the credentials made for registration purposes.
- Upload all the documents and provide the information that the institution has asked for in the application form. The size of the scanned image must specify the criteria specified for image size.
- While filling out the application form it is necessary to make sure that the information listed in the form is correct if any of the information will be found incorrect then the application will be rejected.
- Pay the application fee by selecting the fee payment link. After submission of the fee download the fee submission receipt.
- Confirmation details for the processing of the application form for admission will be sent to the applicant through the contact details provided by the applicant.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus for BLIS consists of subjects that span two semesters. However, specific subjects in the ‘library science syllabus’ may vary from college to college across India. B.Lib.I.Sc syllabus currently includes information about storing library data, as well as newsletters, books, and e-books. The syllabus for the Indian librarian course is as follows:
|Library, Information, and Society||4|
|Library Management And Information Centres||4|
|Information Sources And Services||4|
|Library Information Technology||4|
What is the Scope of BLIS Distance Education?
The scope of BLIS is always confusing for many of the students who wish to opt for this course learning, but the scope is wide and the students who successfully complete their academic journey can experience a good career.
The opportunity for the job is available in both private as well as government sectors. The scope is always a growing factor and there are necessary changes that take place in the academic journey and this helps students for the creating effective growth.
Library Science is a very good stream and learning library information and science is exciting and very different from all other bachelor courses. Also, one more scope option after completing this course is teaching where they can start and get a good job profile.
What are the Benefits of BLIS Distance Education?
- They can apply for jobs in sectors such as news agencies and organizations, public/government libraries, universities, and other academic institutions, after completing the course.
- They can find work in private organizations and special libraries, photo/film libraries, and foreign embassies.
- Furthermore, they can pursue higher degrees in the same field.
- Candidates might also choose to plan and coordinate the library’s financial operations, which are crucial and necessary jobs to complete.
BLIS Distance Education Required Skills
Bachelor of Library and Information Science requires a thorough study of the course material, but prospective students must also possess a certain set of hard and soft skills to achieve fruitful results during the BLIS Course duration. The acquisition of these skills ensures that graduates have a comprehensive understanding of the course and stand out as professionals in their respective fields upon completion.
These skills also enable the graduates-to-be to take a practical approach to their work, which will yield the best results. Several of these abilities are detailed below:
|Knowledge of library resources||Execute independent judgment|
|Critical Thinking Ability||Leadership and associate qualities|
|Ability to organize job duties||Serve the library community|
|Accuracy in typing|
BLIS Distance Education Career Options
Graduates who might wish to go on to higher education have different options than graduates who might want to get into the workforce. Additionally, they are eligible to apply for librarian positions at numerous colleges, institutions, and public and private libraries. Graduates of BLIS programs can work as librarians and make up to INR 15,000–20,000 per month at academic and research institutions.
Graduates who want to become teachers can register for the NET exam. Because of the development in archiving and information processing technology, students can choose to pursue fresh paths after completing the course.
BLIS Distance Education Salary
Payscale says that the average salary for an Indian BLIS graduate is INR 2.9 LPA. As the BLIS course has grown, so have the number of places where graduates can work, such as archive departments and organizations, research facilities, cultural repositories, cataloging departments, etc.
The range of pay could even go up over time as the graduate gets more experience. With more education after BLIS, there is also a better chance of getting a higher salary. After getting a BLIS, the average pay range for different jobs is between INR 2.5 and 3 LPA. The range of salaries for BLIS graduates is shown in the table below:
|Job Role||Approx. Average Annual Salary|
|Online Research||INR 3 LPA|
|Collection Development||INR 3.25 LPA|
|Cataloging||INR 2.75 LPA|
|Reference Service||INR 2.65 LPA|
|Customer Service||INR 2.4 LPA|
BLIS Distance Education Jobs
|Cataloging||Library Information Officer|
BLIS Distance Education Employment Areas
|Companies and Organisations with large Information handling requirements.||Public / Government Libraries.|
|Foreign Embassies.||Universities and other Academic Institutions.|
|Information Centres / Documentation Centres.||Photo/ Film Libraries.|
|Museums and Galleries with Reading Rooms and Research Facilities.||Private Organisations and Special Libraries.|
|News Agencies and Organisations.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BLIS a professional course?
Students who want to set their career as Librarians can pursue the course. Some other important roles are also available for students like library trainee, archivist, storage specialist, etc.
Can I do BLIS after 12th?
No, A student should have a bachelor’s degree to pursue BLIS.
Can I do MLIS without BLIS?
Yes, students can do MLIS after completing their BLIS degree from any UGC-approved University.
Be the first to leave a review.