BLIS Distance Education Admission 2024: BLIS, or Bachelor of Library and Information Science distance education, is a 1-year course that teaches how to manage libraries. The candidate needs a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university, and there is no age limit to pursue this program. The fee for this program ranges from INR 8,000 to 42,000 per year. Interested students should complete the application process by 15 March 2024 at IMTS Institute to avoid the late fine.
- Eligibility: Distance education in BLIS requires a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, and there are no age restrictions.
- Fees: The cost of a BLIS distance study program ranges from INR 8,000 to 42,000 per year, making quality library and information science education accessible to prospective students.
- Entrance exam: Admission to a distance BLIS program is not subject to an entrance exam.
- Subjects: BLIS subjects include Foundations of Library and Information Science, Information Sources and Services, Management of Library and Information, Library Cataloguing, Library Administration, Library and Information Technology, Library Classification Practical, and Library Cataloguing Practical. In these classes, you will receive a comprehensive library science education.
- Last date Admission: The application procedure is clear and planned to ensure a smooth transition into library and information science study with the end of BLIS admissions around 15 March 2024.
- Jobs: The BLIS distance course offers graduates a variety of job options, including librarian, library assistant, and manager. Payscale reports that Indian BLIS graduates earn INR 3-6 LPA on average. A BLIS degree can open doors in archives, research institutions, cultural repositories, cataloguing departments, and more.
- Admission Process: The aspirants can now easily apply for this course via the online portals of the institute. Individuals interested in pursuing this should qualify as equivalent to intermediate. This is an affordable course in distance mode.
Latest Admission Updates (February 2024)
- Applications are now open for the BLIS program at IMTS Institute for the current academic session 2024-25. Submit your application form before the deadline extended to 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- Limited seats remaining for Subharti University BLIS program admission commenced in the 2024-25 academic year. Interested candidates should apply before the last date 12 March 2024.
- SKU University invites aspiring candidates to apply for the BLIS program for the 2024-25 academic year before the deadline of 14 March 2024.
- Admission applications are now open at Mangalayatan University for the BLIS program for the 2024-25 academic session. The deadline is extended to 13 March 2024.
Students are encouraged to apply by highlighting the new deadline and the unique qualities of each university’s BLIS Distance Education program.
Is BLIS Distance Education Valid? The distance education course at BLIS is completely valid. Students overwhelmingly study the BLIS Distance Education program each year, giving reality to the dream of studying in a library and information science program without the need to visit the study centre regularly.
Note: This is not the end of the explanation for the Bachelor of Library and Information Science distance education program, but rather the beginning of what students may learn in the following sections of this article.
BLIS Distance Education Highlights
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
|UGC / DEB
|UG degree in any stream
|INR 8,000 to INR 42,000
Why BLIS Distance Education?
Due to technological advancements that enable indefinite data storage and the course’s multiple options in numerous industries, the BLIS Distance Education course has grown to be a successful alternative in today’s market. Here are some benefits of doing BLIS in distance mode.
- The Distance BLIS Course mode does not have any learning restrictions. Believe it or not, the program curriculum can be covered anytime and anywhere because of the technology-driven study content.
- Distance education BLIS degree programs have the same approval and validation status in the academic and post-academic arenas. Both the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) have approved the distance BLIS program.
- Students can earn their degrees through a BLIS distance learning program without having to leave their hometown or city.
- Students may easily complete their studies with the help of the BLIS Distance course due to its well-thought-out design.
- With the curriculum, there are a number of lucrative employment options available to graduates, including positions in foreign embassies, art, and cultural archives, catalog departments, library facilities, and much more.
- Distance BLIS graduates can earn an average salary starting from INR 3 to 7 lac per year.
There are numerous career-enhancing opportunities that an applicant gets after pursuing this course, as they can get a job as a librarian in an educational institution or public library, etc.
BLIS Distance Education Admission 2024
Students can only fulfil their dream of pursuing a BLIS distance education program if they succeed in the bachelor’s degree. Nearly all universities in India serving through distance education mode approve admission to the basic requirement of 35 percent in the qualifying degree.
The registrations can only be done by the applicants via online mode as the institution is not accepting any offline applications or registrations. No applicant would be needed to appear on the institute campus regarding the admission process as the admissions will be completed by the institution via the only mode only.
If applicant faces issues or have confusion regarding the admission process or the course structure can contact our expert educational counsellors who are available to help students with their careers, and will guide them in every possible manner. Eligible students also can take direct admission if they want to take counselling sessions easily by calling 9210989898 (IMTS institute counselling number).
IMTS Institute’s Reputation at Google: 5000+ Reviews
As a student studying a course, I convey my gratitude for the IMTS’s service and instruction. All of the members are very understanding, provide information about admission and exams, and provide help at every step, which is quite important .
Excellent faculty and service department.
I am very much satisfied with this IMTS Institute because this Institute is doing a good work for your future. If you want to continue any type of course or any type of studies in the future, then you can have complete trust on this Institute because this institute will give you a lot of support for your better future and this Institute will give you a lot of support. He also cooperates more.
Great IMTS Customer support from Service team beginning to end of the process. The team are really informed and go the extra mile at every stage. As specially Mr Ajay and Mr Aakash from service department
First thing first, the service- its amazing, you can contact imts anytime and you’ll be answered withing a minute or two. Person behind the desk are always polite and on their toes to resolve any issues. All in all my experience with IMTS is fantastic. Kunwar from service department always helped and guided me in any confusing situation. HAVING A FABULOUS EXPERIENCE HERE.
BLIS Distance Education Application Form 2024
In order to submit the online application form for BLIS Distance Education Admission, students must check the eligibility criteria. Students are required to complete the online application form. Also, the applicant must check the details provided by them, before submitting the application form.
The form is given above. It requires a few details like the student’s name, contact number, email ID, and course. Students must fill in all details correctly. After submitting the form, applicants will get a response from the institute as soon as possible.
Distance BLIS Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary that students meet certain eligibility requirements listed by the institutions in order to be able to enroll in the Distance Education course. Depending on the admission process of the institution, these requirements may differ from institution to institution. Blis course eligibility is mentioned below for admission.
- It is required that the applicant should have completed their bachelor’s study before applying for admission.
- In the bachelor’s study, the applicant needs to score a minimum of 45% score from a recognized institution.
- There are no age criteria for getting admission to the course.
- 5% relaxation is offered to students of the reserved category for admission in the BLIS Distance Education course.
BLIS Distance Education Fee
Compared to regular education, distance education has a relatively low BLIS fee. Through distance education, BLIS course Fees at rates ranging from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 42,000 per year. Other fees are included in the fee besides tuition and identity card fees. it can be paid online by students. Alternatively, you can pay in installments. Students can find course details for distance courses at the official portal of institutions or colleges.
Is Distance BLIS Worth it?
A distance BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) degree will lead the candidates to gain great career chances within the related area.
- Skills: This course will make you excellent at technical skills, managerial skills, time management, knowledge of policies, standards, issues, customer services, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: As no physical classes are required here with no need to go to campus thus, time is saved, and students study by choosing the best available time for them, and at other times extra activities can be performed.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of distance BLIS is under the range of many candidates who face financial issues as its fee ranges from INR 8000 to 42000 per year on an average basis.
- Earn While You Learn: It is possible to learn for working professionals and earn along with the time flexibility of this course provides this opportunity where students can meet their expenses.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Students who want to apply for admission to the BLIS Course Distance Education can do so by following the process listed below:
- Visit the official admission portal of the institution offering admission to the BLIS DDE course.
- Fill in the registration form and note down the credentials made for the registration purpose.
- Log in to the application form submission portal by using the credentials made for registration purposes.
- Upload all the documents and provide the information that the institution has asked for in the application form. The size of the scanned image must specify the criteria specified for image size.
- While filling out the application form it is necessary to make sure that the information listed in the form is correct if any of the information will be found incorrect then the application will be rejected.
- Pay the application fee by selecting the fee payment link. After submission of the fee download the fee submission receipt.
- Confirmation details for the processing of the application form for admission will be sent to the applicant through the contact details provided by the applicant.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus for BLIS consists of subjects that span two semesters. However, specific subjects in the ‘library science syllabus’ may vary from college to college across India. BLIS syllabus currently includes information about storing library data, as well as newsletters, books, and e-books. The syllabus for the Indian librarian course is as follows:
|Library, Information, and Society
|Library Management And Information Centres
|Information Sources And Services
|Library Information Technology
Scope of BLIS Distance Education
The scope of BLIS is always confusing for many of the students who wish to opt for this course learning, but the scope is wide and the students who successfully complete their academic journey can experience a good career.
The opportunity for the job is available in both private as well as government sectors. The scope is always a growing factor and there are necessary changes that take place in the academic journey and this helps students for the creating effective growth.
Library Science is a very good stream and learning library information and science is exciting and very different from all other bachelor courses. Also, one more scope option after completing this course is teaching where they can start and get a good job profile. Furthermore, there are also a large number of private offices that offer jobs to students who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Library and Information Science program.
BLIS Distance Education Required Skills
For the Bachelor of Library and Information Science program to be successful, prospective students must also possess a certain set of hard and soft skills. Upon completion of the course, graduates will have acquired these skills and will stand out as professionals in their respective fields.
These skills also enable the graduates-to-be to take a practical approach to their work, which will yield the best results. Several of these abilities are detailed below:
|Knowledge of library resources
|Execute independent judgment
|Critical Thinking Ability
|Leadership and associate qualities
|Ability to organize job duties
|Serve the library community
BLIS Distance Education Career Options
Graduates who might wish to go on to higher education have different options than graduates who might want to get into the workforce. Additionally, they are eligible to apply for librarian positions at numerous colleges, institutions, and public and private libraries. Graduates of BLIS programs can work as librarians and makeup to INR 15,000 to 20,000 per month at academic and research institutions.
If you are a graduate who is interested in becoming a teacher, you can register for the NET exam. It has been found that students can pursue fresh paths after completing this course due to the enhancement of archiving and information processing technology.
BLIS Distance Education Salary
Payscale says that the average salary for an Indian BLIS graduate is INR 2.9 LPA. As the BLIS course has grown, so have the number of places where graduates can work, such as archive departments and organizations, research facilities, cultural repositories, cataloging departments, etc.
In fact, as the graduate gains more experience, their pay range may even increase. BLIS graduates who have more education also have a better chance of getting a higher salary. When you obtain a BLIS, you can expect to receive an average salary of INR 2.5 to 3 LPA for different jobs.
|Approx. Average Annual Salary
|INR 3 LPA
|INR 3.25 LPA
|INR 2.75 LPA
|INR 2.65 LPA
|INR 2.4 LPA
BLIS Distance Education Jobs
In India, BLIS graduates can find jobs in governmental, non-governmental, and academic organizations. There are numerous areas in which this course is beneficial, including foreign embassies, art and culture archives, catalog departments, and libraries. Here is a table that you should check out.
|Library Information Officer
BLIS Distance Education Employment Areas
|Companies and Organisations with large Information handling requirements.
|Public / Government Libraries.
|Universities and other Academic Institutions.
|Information Centres / Documentation Centres.
|Photo/ Film Libraries.
|Museums and Galleries with Reading Rooms and Research Facilities.
|Private Organisations and Special Libraries.
|News Agencies and Organisations.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: Is BLIS a professional course?
Ans: Students who want to set their career as Librarians can pursue the course. Some other important roles are also available for students like library trainee, archivist, storage specialist, etc.
Ques: Can I do BLIS after 12th?
Ans: No, A student should have a bachelor’s degree to pursue BLIS.
Ques: Can I do MLIS without BLIS?
Ans: Yes, students can do MLIS after completing their BLIS degree from any UGC-approved University.
Ques: What is the Duration of the BLIS Course?
Ans: BLIS is a professional degree course in the field of Library & Information Science that takes 1 year to complete.
Ques: What is the Fee for the BLIS Course?
Ans: The average fee for the distance BLIS course is between INR 12,000 to INR 30,000.