BLIS Distance Education Admission 2023: BLIS, or Bachelor of Library and Information Science distance education, is an undergraduate course provided by IMTS Institute to provide comprehensive knowledge of managing libraries. The course duration varies in distance mode from 3 to 4 years. Learning BLIS is now easier and more flexible based on distance mode.
Admission Process: The aspirants can now easily apply for this course via the online portals of the institute. Individuals interested in pursuing this should qualify as equivalent to intermediate. This is an affordable course in distance mode.
BLIS Admission Updates 2023:
- 21 September 2023: IMTS Institute invites online applications for the BLIS programme for academic year session 2023-24, and the last date to apply is 25 September 2023. Apply Now
- 21 September 2023: The application forms for the BLIS programme are now available at NIILM University for session 2023-24; apply on or before 30 September 2023.
- 21 September 2023: For admission to the BLIS program at William Carey University in the session 2023-24, applications can be submitted by 30 September 2023.
What is BLIS Distance Education?
Distance BLIS program is well designed to train students and help them evolve their library administration skills to serve with proper expertise in library and information services-oriented fields.
The Curriculum of this Bachelor of Library Science Distance Education course is divided into 2 semesters, comprising subjects such as library cataloguing, library classification, library, information, and society, ICT fundamentals, document processing practice, organizing and managing information, etc.
Fees: with an annual structure of fees ranging from INR 8,000 and 42,000/-
Eligibility Criteria Overview: In order to get a successful admission to the BLIS course in distance education mode, please ensure that you have passed a bachelor’s degree in any stream from an accredited university/institute or college.
Career Options: Once the course of distance BLIS is completed, candidates acquire a degree with greater scope in the related professional area. These degree holders are obtaining career opportunities like librarian, assistant, library manager, etc.
Is BLIS Distance Education Valid? The distance education course at BLIS is completely valid. Students overwhelmingly study the BLIS Distance Education program each year, giving reality to the dream of studying in a library and information science program without the need to visit the study centre regularly.
Note: This is not the end of the explanation for the Bachelor of Library and Information Science distance education program, but rather the beginning of what students may learn in the following sections of this article.
BLIS Distance Education Highlights
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Eligibility||UG degree in any stream|
|Fee Structure||INR 12,000 to INR 30,000|
Why BLIS Distance Education?
Due to technological advancements that enable indefinite data storage and the course’s multiple options in numerous industries, the BLIS Distance Education course has grown to be a successful alternative in today’s market. Here are some benefits of doing BLIS in distance mode.
- The Distance BLIS Course mode does not have any learning restrictions. Believe it or not, the program curriculum can be covered anytime and anywhere because of the technology-driven study content.
- Distance education BLIS degree programs have the same approval and validation status in the academic and post-academic arenas. Both the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) have approved the distance BLIS program.
- Students can earn their degrees through a BLIS distance learning program without having to leave their hometown or city.
- Students may easily complete their studies with the help of the BLIS Distance course due to its well-thought-out design.
- With the curriculum, there are a number of lucrative employment options available to graduates, including positions in foreign embassies, art, and cultural archives, catalog departments, library facilities, and much more.
- Distance BLIS graduates can annually earn an average salary starting from INR 3 to 7 lac per year.
There are numerous career-enhancing opportunities that an applicant gets after pursuing this course, as they can get a job as a librarian in an educational institution or public library, etc.
BLIS Distance Education Admission 2023
Students can only fulfil their dream of pursuing a BLIS distance education program if they succeed in the bachelor’s degree. Nearly all universities in India serving through distance education mode approve admission to the basic requirement of 35 per cent in the qualifying degree.
The registrations can only be done by the applicants via online mode only as the institution is not accepting any offline applications or registrations. No applicant would be needed to appear on the institute campus regarding the admission process as the admissions will be completed by the institution via the only mode only.
If applicant faces issues or has confusion regarding the admission process or the course structure can contact our expert educational counsellors who are available to help students with their careers, and will guide them in every possible manner. Eligible students also can take direct admission if they want to take counselling sessions easily can take by the call on 9210989898 (IMTS institute counselling number).
BLIS Distance Education Application Form 2023
In order to submit the online application form for BLISC Distance Education Admission, students must check the eligibility criteria. Students are required to complete the online application form. Also, the applicant must check the details provided by them, before submitting the application form.
Distance BLIS Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary that students meet certain eligibility requirements listed by the institutions in order to be able to enroll in the Distance Education course. Depending on the admission process of the institution, these requirements may differ from institution to institution. Blis course eligibility is mentioned below for admission.
- It is required that the applicant should have completed their bachelor’s study before applying for admission.
- In the bachelor’s study, the applicant needs to score a minimum of 45% score from a recognized institution.
- There are no age criteria for getting admission to the course.
- 5% relaxation is offered to students of the reserved category for admission in the BLIS Distance Education course.
BLIS Distance Education Fee
Compared to regular education, distance education has a relatively low BLIS fee. Through distance education, BLIS course Fees at rates ranging from Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 30,000 per year. Other fees are included in the fee besides tuition and identity card fees. it can be paid online by students. Alternatively, you can pay in installments. Students can blis course details for distance courses at the official portal of institutions or colleges.
Is Distance BLIS Worth it?
A distance BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) degree will lead the candidates to gain great career chances within the related area.
- Skills: This course will make you excellent at technical skills, managerial skills, time management, knowledge of policies, standards, issues, customer services, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: As no physical classes are required here with no need to go to campus thus, time is saved, and students study by choosing the best available time for them, and at other times extra activities can be performed.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of distance BLIS is under the range of many candidates who face financial issues as its fee ranges from INR 12000 to 30000 per year on an average basis.
- Earn While You Learn: It is possible to learn for working professionals and earn along with the time flexibility of this course provides this opportunity where students can meet their expenses.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Students who want to apply for getting admission to the BLIS Course Distance Education can do so by following the process listed below:
- Visit the official admission portal of the institution offering admission to the BLIS DDE course.
- Fill in the registration form and note down the credentials made for the registration purpose.
- Log in to the application form submission portal by using the credentials made for registration purposes.
- Upload all the documents and provide the information that the institution has asked for in the application form. The size of the scanned image must specify the criteria specified for image size.
- While filling out the application form it is necessary to make sure that the information listed in the form is correct if any of the information will be found incorrect then the application will be rejected.
- Pay the application fee by selecting the fee payment link. After submission of the fee download the fee submission receipt.
- Confirmation details for the processing of the application form for admission will be sent to the applicant through the contact details provided by the applicant.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus for BLIS consists of subjects that span two semesters. However, specific subjects in the ‘library science syllabus’ may vary from college to college across India. BLIS syllabus currently includes information about storing library data, as well as newsletters, books, and e-books. The syllabus for the Indian librarian course is as follows:
|Library, Information, and Society||4|
|Library Management And Information Centres||4|
|Information Sources And Services||4|
|Library Information Technology||4|
Scope of BLIS Distance Education
The scope of BLIS is always confusing for many of the students who wish to opt for this course learning, but the scope is wide and the students who successfully complete their academic journey can experience a good career.
The opportunity for the job is available in both private as well as government sectors. The scope is always a growing factor and there are necessary changes that take place in the academic journey and this helps students for the creating effective growth.
Library Science is a very good stream and learning library information and science is exciting and very different from all other bachelor courses. Also, one more scope option after completing this course is teaching where they can start and get a good job profile. Furthermore, there are also a large number of private offices that offer jobs to students who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Library and Information Science program. As a result of working in such companies, the students will be able to earn a very good salary.
BLIS Distance Education Required Skills
For the Bachelor of Library and Information Science program to be successful, prospective students must also possess a certain set of hard and soft skills. Upon completion of the course, graduates will have acquired these skills and will stand out as professionals in their respective fields.
These skills also enable the graduates-to-be to take a practical approach to their work, which will yield the best results. Several of these abilities are detailed below:
|Knowledge of library resources||Execute independent judgment|
|Critical Thinking Ability||Leadership and associate qualities|
|Ability to organize job duties||Serve the library community|
BLIS Distance Education Career Options
Graduates who might wish to go on to higher education have different options than graduates who might want to get into the workforce. Additionally, they are eligible to apply for librarian positions at numerous colleges, institutions, and public and private libraries. Graduates of BLIS programs can work as librarians and make up to INR 15,000 to 20,000 per month at academic and research institutions.
If you are a graduate who is interested in becoming a teacher, you can register for the NET exam. It has been found that students can pursue fresh paths after completing this course due to the enhancement of archiving and information processing technology.
BLIS Distance Education Salary
Payscale says that the average salary for an Indian BLIS graduate is INR 2.9 LPA. As the BLIS course has grown, so have the number of places where graduates can work, such as archive departments and organizations, research facilities, cultural repositories, cataloging departments, etc.
In fact, as the graduate gains more experience, their pay range may even increase. BLIS graduates who have more education also have a better chance of getting a higher salary. When you obtain a BLIS, you can expect to receive an average salary of INR 2.5 to 3 LPA for different jobs.
|Job Role||Approx. Average Annual Salary|
|Online Research||INR 3 LPA|
|Collection Development||INR 3.25 LPA|
|Cataloging||INR 2.75 LPA|
|Reference Service||INR 2.65 LPA|
|Customer Service||INR 2.4 LPA|
BLIS Distance Education Jobs
In India, BLIS graduates can find jobs in governmental, non-governmental, and academic organizations. There are numerous areas in which this course is beneficial, including foreign embassies, art and culture archives, catalog departments, and libraries. Here is a table that you should check out.
|Cataloging||Library Information Officer|
BLIS Distance Education Employment Areas
|Companies and Organisations with large Information handling requirements.||Public / Government Libraries.|
|Foreign Embassies.||Universities and other Academic Institutions.|
|Information Centres / Documentation Centres.||Photo/ Film Libraries.|
|Museums and Galleries with Reading Rooms and Research Facilities.||Private Organisations and Special Libraries.|
|News Agencies and Organisations.|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: Is BLIS a professional course?
Ans: Students who want to set their career as Librarians can pursue the course. Some other important roles are also available for students like library trainee, archivist, storage specialist, etc.
Ques: Can I do BLIS after 12th?
Ans: No, A student should have a bachelor’s degree to pursue BLIS.
Ques: Can I do MLIS without BLIS?
Ans: Yes, students can do MLIS after completing their BLIS degree from any UGC-approved University.
Ques: What is the Duration of the BLIS Course?
Ans: BLIS is a professional degree course in the field of Library & Information Science that takes 1 year to complete.
Ques: What is the Fee for the BLIS Course?
Ans: The average fee for the distance BLIS course is between INR 12,000 to INR 30,000.