BLIS Distance Education: Admission windows of various universities remain open till now, students need to apply before the last deadline. A UG-Degree is the minimum eligibility criterion to get BLIS Distance education admission. It is 1-year duration course and the average fee range for B.Li. Sc. course in ODL mode is between 12,000 Rs to 30,000 Rs.
Students having an interest in making a successful career in the library and information sector should opt for the course. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) course is also known by the name BLIB or B.Lib.I.Sc by some institutions. The main objective behind offering this course from distance education mode is to provide the option for completing their study even when the aspirant can’t attend regular classes.
Students can learn a lot about managing a library system with a BLIS distance education course. If one decides to enroll in a distance BLIS course, one should look for the ideal location that can provide one with this program at a low cost.
BLIS Distance Education Highlights
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Eligibility||UG degree in any stream|
|Fee Structure||INR 12,000 to INR 30,000|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why B.Lib.I.Sc Distance Education?
A bachelor’s degree in library and information science is an undergraduate degree. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a one-year program following the completion of a bachelor’s degree. It is possible to simplify BLIS courses to BLibISc or BLISc.
That’s why students learn more about libraries in the BLISc course. Libraries’ value, strategies to improve them, and ways to save library data online and offline.
Libraries, documentation centers, and information centers/institutions require human resources at various levels.
Due to technological advancements that enable indefinite data storage and the course’s multiple options in numerous industries, the BLIS Distance course has grown to be a successful alternative in today’s market. Here are some benefits of doing BLIS in distance mode.
- Students have the chance to earn their degree through a BLIS distance learning program without having to leave their hometown or city.
- Students may easily complete their studies with the help of the BLIS Distance course due to its well-thought-out design.
- Distance BLIS graduates can annually earn an average salary starting from INR 3 to 7 lac per year.
There are numerous career-enhancing opportunities that an applicant gets after pursuing this course, as they can get a job as a librarian in an educational institution or public library, etc.
Key Features of BLIS Distance Education Course
In recent times, the interest of students has increased in library and information science. The main objectives that applicants get after choosing the BLIS Distance Education course are:
- By choosing the Distance BLIS course students get the opportunity to complete the course without visiting the institution’s campus regularly.
- The fee for completing the course in the distance mode is also lesser compared with the regular mode course.
- The syllabus of the course remains the same whether opted in the distance mode or in the regular mode by the student.
- The value of the degree is also the same as in the regular mode if compared to the BLIS DDE degree.
- By opting for the course with an open learning mode students have to chance for doing studies from any place or any region.
- By completing the BLIS Distance Education course, students will be eligible to apply for the campus placement option for getting a good profile job.
BLIS Distance Education Admission
Students aspiring for admission into the course need to fill out the registration form listed above in the article. Once an applicant completes the registration process, they are directly selected for admission by the institute.
The registrations can only be done by the applicants via online mode only as the institution is not accepting any offline applications or registrations. No applicant would be needed to appear on the institute campus regarding the admission process as the admissions will be completed by the institution via the only mode only.
If applicant faces issues or has confusion regarding the admission process or the course structure can contact our expert counselors, who will guide them in every possible manner. Our educational counselors are available 24×7 for the help students with their careers.
BLIS Distance Education Application Form
Students are invited to fill out the application form for BLIS Distance Education. They can fill out the online application form available on the official website of IMTS Institute for admission-related queries. The last date to apply for the course is 31 December 2022. Students are suggested to not wait for the last date and Apply now.
Distance BLIS Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary that students meet certain eligibility requirements listed by the institutions in order to be able to enroll in the BLIS Distance Education course. Depending on the admission process of the institution, these requirements may differ from institution to institution. Here are a few of the general requirements for admission to the BLIS Distance Education program:
- It is required that the applicant should have completed their bachelor’s study before applying for admission.
- In the bachelor’s study, the applicant needs to score a minimum of 45% score from a recognized institution.
- There are no age criteria for getting admission to the course.
- 5% relaxation is offered to students of the reserved category for admission in the BLIS Distance Education course.
BLIS Distance Education Fee
The fee for BLIS through distance education is comparatively low from regular education. The average fee range for the program BLIS distance education is Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 30,000 per year.
BLIS Distance Education Admission in Delhi
Admission to BLIS course distance education is open in many institutions in Delhi for the year 2022-23.
BLIS Distance course admission are generally based on merit lists. The institutions evaluate students based on their scores on the previous qualifying or preliminary exam held at a recognized institution.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process
Students who want to apply for getting admission to the BLIS Course Distance Education can do so by following the process listed below:
- Visit the official admission portal of the institution offering admission to the BLIS DDE course.
- Fill in the registration form and note down the credentials made for the registration purpose.
- Log in to the application form submission portal by using the credentials made for registration purposes.
- Upload all the documents and provide the information that the institution has asked for in the application form. The size of the scanned image must specify the criteria specified for image size.
- While filling out the application form it is necessary to make sure that the information listed in the form is correct if any of the information will be found incorrect then the application will be rejected.
- Pay the application fee by selecting the fee payment link. After submission of the fee download the fee submission receipt.
- Confirmation details for the processing of the application form for admission will be sent to the applicant through the contact details provided by the applicant.
BLIS Distance Course Syllabus
|Library, Information, and Society||4|
|Library Management And Information Centres||4|
|Information Sources And Services||4|
|Library Information Technology||4|
Scope of BLIS Distance Education
The scope of BLIS is always confusing for many of the students who wish to opt for this course learning, but the scope is wide and the students who successfully complete their academic journey can experience a good career.
The opportunity for the job is available in both private as well as government sectors. The scope is always a growing factor and there are necessary changes that take place in the academic journey and this helps students for the creating effective growth.
Library Science is a very good stream and learning library information and science is exciting and very different from all other bachelor courses. Also, one more scope option after completing this course is of teaching where they can start and get a good job profile.
BLIS Distance Education Required Skills
BLIS requires a thorough study of the course material, but prospective students must also possess a certain set of hard and soft skills to achieve fruitful results during the BLIS Course duration. The acquisition of these skills ensures that graduates have a comprehensive understanding of the course and stand out as professionals in their respective fields upon completion. These skills also enable the graduates-to-be to take a practical approach to their work, which will yield the best results. Several of these abilities are detailed below:
|Knowledge of library resources||Execute independent judgment|
|Critical Thinking Ability||Leadership and associate qualities|
|Ability to organize job duties||Serve the library community|
|Accuracy in typing|
BLIS Distance Education Jobs
|Cataloging||Library Information Officer|
Be the first to leave a review.