BSc Psychology Distance Education Admission: This program offers a three-year degree in psychology. It’s a great option for students who want to continue their education while balancing other duties. Through distant education, students can also study psychological principles and theories at their convenience.
Students in the distance learning Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology benefit from studying psychological concepts and theories from home, giving them an advantage over their peers. Its flexibility and low cost attract psychology enthusiasts. Distance learning BSc Psychology programs provide a broad understanding of the human mind.
Eligibility: The BSc Psychology Distance Education program requires a 12th grade diploma from a recognized institution. A minimum of 50% is required with physics, chemistry, or biology backgrounds.
Fees: Correspondence BSc Psychology at IMTS Institute costs 10,000–30,000 Indian Rupees per year, making it affordable for a wide range of students.
Entrance Exam: No entry examinations are required for admission to IMTS Institute for BSc Psychology Distance Education. Previous academic performance simplifies the application process.
Subjects: There are core and elective courses in the BSc Psychology Distance Education program in subjects such as neuropsychology, behavioral science, interpersonal and dynamical behavior theory, and cognitive psychology.
Last Date for Admission: The BSc Psychology Distance Education program anticipates a smooth educational journey with applications due by June 2024.
Admission Process: The process for admission into Distance BSc Psychology admission is certainly based on the merit list process. The eligible applicants having at least 10+2 education completed are welcome to apply for this BSc specialization.
BSc Admission Updates 2023:
- 24 November 2023: IMTS Institute invites the application forms for the various specializations of BSc programme for the current academic session, one can apply by 28 November 2023. Apply Now
- 24 November 2023: The application window of Mangalayatan University is now open for admission to BSc courses, eligible candidates can apply by 30 November 2023.
- 24 November 2023: SKU University opens its application windows for the session 2023-24. Eligible candidates can apply for the BSc programme at this university on or before the last date 30 November 2023.
What is BSc Psychology Distance Education?
BSc Psychology Distance Education presents a unique chance for those interested in comprehending the human mind and behaviour. This program equips students to go on a meaningful path of understanding the complexity of the human mind thanks to its flexibility, diversified curriculum, and wide range of job opportunities.
The course primarily emphasizes the growth of knowledge of human behaviour and mental processes. The undergraduate psychology degree program also aids in going through the human perception, personality and diversity components.
The distance education program of BSc Psychology covers core and elective ranges of subjects such as Neuropsychology, behavioural science, interpersonal and dynamics behavior theory, cognitive psychology, etc. The psychology program subjects are divided into four semesters, allowing students to study them separately and effectively at once.
- BSc Psychology Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Eligibility: Admission requirements vary as per the college criteria but everywhere having a qualification of 10+2 in the science stream is mandatory.
- Duration: The distance BSc Psychology program is a three-year UG degree.
- Fee: The fee structure of distance BSc Psychology ranges between INR 10,000 to INR 30,000* per year.
- Career-wise: Students with a distance BSc in Psychology can find employment. Those who have completed this degree are ready to apply as psychologists. Their starting salary can be INR 4 LPA.
Can we do BSc Psychology by distance? Yes, students can enroll for BSc Psychology through distance education. This course is approved by UGC in distance mode. Admission to this course in distance mode will be done on the basis of merit list criteria.
Note: IMTS Institute is also a medium to enroll in BSc Psychology Distance Education courses along with free counseling sessions. Students can apply through the listed application form in this Article. Students also can dial phone no (9210989898) for IMTS Institute free counseling.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Psychology|
|Fee Structure||INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Eligibility||12th in science with 50%|
Why Distance BSc Psychology?
If you have passed the 12th grade in the science stream and are interested in entering the psychology field, it is certainly worthwhile. Psychology is a branch of study that examines one’s personality through a variety of processes and verbal and non-verbal diagnostic methods. You can make a career as a psychotherapist, psychologist, and many other careers with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree.
In the BSc Psychology Distance Education program, students will learn about various topics such as human psychology, mental health, social understanding, etc., which will help them build a successful career in this field. Through this course, applicants can uplift their career level by improving the skills they learn from the course. Some major facts are mentioned below to choose a BSc Psychology distance education.
- It is not only the fee that is the beneficial factor for aspiring students, but also the flexible nature of the BSc distance program, which demonstrates why it is so popular in the psychology field even when online and regular modes serve side-by-side.
- Apart from the cost-effectiveness, the BSc distance program in psychology is also convenient, as students can study anytime and anywhere by eliminating the need to visit the campus.
- The distance education program for the BSc in Psychology has made it possible for students to study at any top university in the country without stressing in the queue.
- There are dozens of institutions and universities welcoming students for distance BSc Psychology programs. All that students need to know about the university, fees, and admission process for the BSc Psychology program can be obtained from home by submitting a registration cum counseling form available at the website of the IMTS Institute. There is no fee required for admission counseling.
- In addition to BSc degree in psychology, distance education can also be taken as a step to becoming a social worker. Children that have disabilities or people who are mentally ill, as well as poor people who are mentally ill. It is also possible for psychologists to become recruiters so that they can understand the ability of the job-seeking candidate and recruit them accordingly.
Is Distance BSc Psychology Worth it?
BSc in Psychology via distance learning is the most advantageous study program in terms of career opportunities and many other things.
- Skills: The skills that can be acquired by studying a BSc Psychology Distance degree are critical thinking, numeracy, empathy, active listening, logical reasoning, problem-solving skills, interpersonal communication, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: A distance BSc in Psychology course is most flexible in terms of time as this avails more time to the candidates, and in this way, they can learn many other things or take part in various activities.
- Fee and Cost: The cost charged by the institute for correspondence BSc Psychology courses is between 10,000 to 30,000 Indian Rupees per year. It is affordable to most students as compared to traditional education pattern fees.
- Earn While You Learn: It is one the best course where you can do a job in the available time and earn during studies that will be helpful in various ways.
Key Features of BSc Psychology Distance Learning
- Bachelor of Science or BSc in Psychology correspondence course includes all the aspects of clinical, organizational & counseling fields.
- The program is available in various modes like online, correspondence, and distance.
- Psychology is the study offered by various institutes at different levels, being the most needed study for better mental health & care.
- Psychology is a subject that focuses on discipline, which is a major aspect of the subject. There is a strong emphasis on discipline training in the Bachelor of Science in Psychology Distance Education program as an essential part of the curriculum.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology Distance Education program is a three-year degree program that can be completed by correspondence. There are top institutes offering BSc Psychology degree programs through distance education like IMTS Institute.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to BSc Psychology distance education course has been going on for the academic year session 2023-24. Interested candidates can fill out the application form at IMTS Institute to book a counseling session with the expert education counselors to know the application form process for BSc Psychology correspondence course admission. Students who are willing to get admission into the course can apply for admission by registering their names in the form listed above on the page.
The process for admission into this course is purely based on the merit list process; therefore, the applicant’s preliminary exam scores will be considered by the institute. Students will be able to complete the admission process from the online mode only with the help of our expert counselors.
Students after getting admission into the BSc Psychology Distance Education course, will be able to learn about various subjects like Community Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Human Behavior, etc.
BSc Psychology Distance Learning Application Form
The BSc Psychology distance education course application form will need to be submitted by students interested in enrolling in the course. All applicants must submit online the correct details of their contact information and their academic background with their application. A student can also contact the education counselors if they have any questions regarding the application form submission process.
The application form fee must be paid by the candidate at the time of submission. Once the application form has been completed, students must check it one more time before submitting it. Student application forms that are incorrect or incomplete will be rejected by the University/institution.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students who are aspiring to get admission into the BSc Psychology Distance Education course need to complete the minimum eligibility criteria that the institutions list for admission. Some of the basic requirements for admission are:
- A pass in 12th class from a recognized institution
- Students with physics, chemistry, and biology will get preferences for admission.
- A minimum score of 50% is needed.
- No specific age criteria are listed for admission.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Fees
The application fee for BSc Psychology Distance Education Admission must be paid to complete the registration process. The registration fee varies from year to year. All required documents must be verified before submitting the first semester or first-year admission fee. It costs between Rs. 1000 and Rs. 2000 to submit an application.
The average fee charged for BSc Psychology is approx. INR 10,000 to INR 30,000*/Year. It may change according to university demand.
BSc Psychology Distance Education in India
Distance BSc in Psychology in India is approve by UGC and it is a stepping stone for indivisuals interested to earn skills in Psychology field. The distance learning way to obtain this bachelors degree provide flexiblity in terms of learning schedule that helps the candidates to manage other responsibilities such as work or family responsibilities without leaving their studies. Also it is a coast effective programme campared to traditional on campus learning.
IMTS Institute is one of the leading institutes in India that provide opportunity to candidates to obtain their higher education degree. They will be contacted at the earliest by the institute. Direct admission is conducted for the BSc Psychology distance course. Apart from this candidates can also visit the official website of IMTS Institute.
Students are enrolling in the distance mode course from various states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Delhi and Maharashtra. One can apply for the course after completing the eligibility requirements. Students can start the admission process by filling out the application form attached above.
BSc Psychology Distance Education in Bangalore
There are many institutes in Bangalore providing admission to the distance BSc course with a specialization in Psychology. All the institutes require a candidate to have passed at least 12th with the science stream to grant admission. Admission is directly given as it is a distance course. Students can also apply to the top institute like IMTS which assists students to complete their education through distance learning mode.
BSc Psychology Distance Education in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu provides the best universities in the country where distance education is offered. There are also top institutes that offer BSc Psychology distance education. The salary offered also depends on the institutes from where you have got your degree. Therefore, students must apply to the best institute. They can apply to the IMTS Institute for which the application form has been given above.
Is BSc Psychology Distance Education Valid?
Yes, The regulatory bodies UGC & DEB allowed several universities in India to offer BSc Psychology programmes in distance learning mode. With the increase in demand for Psychology graduates in the healthcare sector, a large number of students want to pursue BSc Psychology distance education.
Some of them belong to this sector, whereas some are looking to make an entry in this field. The BSc Psychology correspondence program gives the opportunity to both types of students to make their careers in this field as certified psychology professionals.
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is opted for by lakhs of students in distance learning mode. With increased focus on mental health, the demand for this course and these graduates has increased. When it comes to distance education mode for a specific course, students have doubts regarding its validation.
If we talk about the BSc Psychology distance course, is approved by UGC DEB (Distance Education Bureau). Hence, students can apply for the course without any fears of its validity.
Advantages of BSc Psychology Distance Education
Students who aspire to apply for admission in the BSc Psychology Distance Education course are provided with several advantages:
- The students are provided with the best and updated curriculum in this course by the institutes so that as soon as an applicant passes the course they are job ready,
- The aspirants get the study material from the institute at the start of their course.
- It delivers Candidates a superb option of resuming their job along with their studies which helps many Aspirants who have to retain on working to help themselves and their homes
- Fees of regular BSc Psychology programs are very high and are unaffordable to many Students. Distance BSc Psychology is more affordable as compared to regular BSc Psychology.
- Psychology is a profession that gives those who pursue it the opportunity to learn about a variety of research methods in detail. Furthermore, students are also required to acquire skills that include collecting data, organizing it, analyzing it, and explaining it.
BSc Psychology Distance Education Syllabus
The BSc Psychology distance program is completed over a duration of 3 years. It consists of 6 semesters in which students are taught in detail regarding every aspect of the human mind. They are taught subjects like Health, Industrial, Social Psychology, etc. The complete syllabus for BSc Psychology is given below in the table:
|Semester I||Foundation in English|
|General Psychology – I|
|Biological Psychology – I|
|Semester II||Foundation in English|
|General Psychology – II|
|Biological Psychology – II|
|Semester III||Foundation in English|
|Developmental Psychology – I|
|Research Methods & Statistics|
|Learner‘s Choice – CBCS|
|Semester IV||Foundation in English|
|Developmental Psychology – II|
|Experimental Psychology- I (Practical)|
|Life Skills Education|
|Semester V||Abnormal Psychology – I|
|Social Psychology – I|
|Guidance & Counselling Psychology|
|Industrial /Organizational Psychology|
|Learner‘s Choice – CBCS|
|Semester VI||Abnormal Psychology-II|
|Human Resource Development|
|Experimental Psychology- II (Practical)|
|Basic Counselling Skills|
Scope of BSc Psychology Distance Education
The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology provides students with a multitude of career opportunities. In India, psychology encompasses a wide variety of fields, such as clinical psychology, organizational psychology, and counseling. As a result, there are many job roles and employment opportunities available. A job application can be submitted to both government and private companies once the course has been completed.
By pursuing the BSc Psychology Distance Education course the students get to look for a career beyond any limitations as they will be able to apply for jobs at multiple reputed firms and at multiple senior profiles.
After successfully passing the distance education course in BSc Psychology, applicants can expect to receive a salary package that is comparable to that of other graduates from INR 2.25 LPA to INR 5.66 LPA in the starting stage of their professional career. It has good career growth in the future.
Require Skill For BSc Psychology Distance Education
In order to learn concepts and enhance their academic experience, those who are completing a Bachelor’s degree in psychology in distance mode need a variety of skill sets to be successful.
- Communication skills
- Research skills Work ethics
- Analytical skills
- Numerical ability
- Science skills
BSc Psychology Distance Education Employment Areas
There are a number of job openings that are available to students after they complete a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in the public or private sector. It is common for recruitment to take place in a variety of areas, including the following:
- Child/Youth Guidance Centres: A graduate of BSc Psychology can work in child/Youth Guidance centers. These centers offer families comprehensive diagnostic assessments by professionals. The aim of the Youth Guidance Centres is to guide and support students in continuing Education and Training.
- Prisons: In India, there is a large number of prisoners who are suffering from any kind of mental instability. A BSc Psychologist is required to treat them well. Students can work as psychologists to help them.
- Rehabilitation Centres: These centers work for drug-addicted people. Students can serve their best to rehabilitate a person in his/her normal condition after completing their degree.
- Welfare Organizations: These organizations work for society with multiple roles. They also need psychologists to help people who are suffering from trauma, depression, and other mental instability. Students can work with such organizations and establish their careers.
- Private Psychiatry Centers: A psychiatrist who has his or her own private practice provides private practice psychiatry. Rather than a hospital or clinic, these types of care usually take place in offices
Jobs After BSc Psychology Distance Education
Job Profile For Freshers
- Psychology Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Junior Psychiatric Expert
Job Profile For Graduates
- Industrial Psychologist
- Psychoanalysis Expert
- Child Psychologist
- Research Assistant
- Psychology Program Manager
- Mental Health Counsellor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ans: Yes, BSc Psychology Distance Education is a bachelor’s degree and it’s valid in UAE or the US.
Question 2: Can we do BSc Psychology by Distance?
Ans: Yes, any students who complete their 12th board examination with the relevant subjects can apply for BSc Psychology distance education admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Question 3: Can I get a job with BSc Psychology distance education degree?
Ans: Candidates with BSc Psychology distance education degree can apply for a job in Psychology counseling, Therapy, Industrial Counseling, and more.
Question 4: Does BSc psychology distance education have a scope?
Ans: Psychology graduates can find work in a variety of fields, including mental health counselors, research assistants, child psychologists, industrial psychologists, etc. As part of the B.Sc Psychology curriculum, students complete internships, training, and projects to prepare them for the profession they are pursuing.
Question 5: After completing a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, is there a possibility of finding a job?
Ans: A psychologist can work as a counselor in a variety of fields, such as universities, hospitals, schools, clinics, government institutions, etc.