MLib Distance Education: M.Lib is a 1 to 2-year PG program offered in distance learning mode. Admission to the distance MLib program for the current academic session is ongoing. Students who want to get admission to this course can fill out the IMTS Institute application form listed below, our counselors will contact you to clear all your queries related to the course or admission.
Distance M.Lib program is frequently less expensive than going the conventional route. The curriculum may not always be less expensive than regular classes, although overall costs are generally lower. It is known as the Master of Library Science in Distance Education.
- Full form of MLib: Master in Library Science
- Eligibility: The eligibility for the MLib Distance Learning course, students must have completed their Bachelor’s degree studies while having more than 65% scores from a recognized institute/university.
- Duration: Total duration of this course is 2 years.
- Subjects: The subjects of MLib Distance Education in streams such as Library Automation, Foundation of Library & Information Science, Library Management, Marketing of Information Products and services, Library Security Technology, etc.
MLib Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master in Library Science|
|Fee Structure||INR 20,000 per year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why Study M.Lib Distance Education?
With the M.Lib distance learning programme, students may balance employment and study while still having time for professional development. The ability to be flexible is particularly appreciated by those who have families to support and can’t pursue a regular university education. Some main advantages of the M.Lib distance education program are given below:
- MLib Distance learning course doesn’t need commuting, therefore students can save time.
- Another advantage of M.Lib distant learning is that, as opposed to typical physical classes, you are more likely to work with updated learning resources.
- M.Lib Distance Education program professionals can annually earn a salary between INR 3 to 7 lac.
MLib Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission windows are open for the distance MLib course. It is an effective learning course available for students. Library assistance, Book management, Data Science, and perseverance of the historical written. Students for the Library Science course have the option to opt for distance mode learning and the educational curriculum is set up in a way where online lectures, educational assistance, and study material is provided to the students through online mode.
B.Lib course completion can help students to have a good academic career after the course completion. IMTS is on a mission to help students with accurate information and guide them to have a good educational career.
There are free counseling sessions available for students. Just they need to chat with our career counselors and they will guide you for the best. Also, the article has not yet ended go through the whole article for detailed information related to Mlib Distance Education.
MLib Distance Education Admission Application Form
IMTS Institute has started the online submission of the application form for admission to MLib Distance Education. Students can apply through the online portal on the official website @imtsinstitute.com. Before filling out the form students should have ready their all documents.
Eligibility Criteria for MLib Distance Education Admission
For the eligibility criteria, students need to note down some important pointers that are such as :
- For MLib Science, students need to complete the BLib course.
- The marking criteria are through the evaluation of merit scores and the minimum marks students should obtain are such as 50%.
- There is no entrance examination for the distance mode Mlib course.
- There is no age limit to take admission.
MLib Distance Education Fee
The fee offered by the institute is reasonable and under budget. Students can ask for installments also, in case of any financial problems. The average fee for MLib distance education is ranging from Rs. 20,000 per year.
MLib Distance Learning Admission Process
The applicants can apply online for distance MLib by visiting the official website of the university. The admission is based on the merit list.
- The applicant needs to visit the official website of the university and fill up the application form.
- The applicants must fill out the application form with all the required information.
- Students need to fill up information like Registration Number, Phone Number, Username, Students Name, Email, Roll Number, etc.
- The fee for the course must be paid by the applicant by clicking on the link.
- Upload the required documents like Passport size photo, Scanned Signature, Phone Number, Aadhar card, Pan card, Marksheet of the previous exam, etc.
- Next, click on the submit button.
- The students take a printout of the application form for future reference.
MLIS Distance Learning Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation of Library & Information Science||Fundamentals of Computer and ICT|
|Information Organization and Processing||Information Storage and Retrieval|
|Information Sources, Systems and Networks||Search Strategy & Vocabulary Control|
|Information Organization and Processing (Classification) Practical||Information Needs and Seeking Behaviour|
|Cataloguing||Computer Application Practical|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Management of Libraries & Information Centres||Preservation and Conservation of Library Resources|
|Research Methodology and Bibliometrics||Electronic Resource Management|
|Internet & Web Resources||Marketing of Information and Knowledge Management|
|Digital Library & Information Systems||Library Internship|
|Library Software Practical|
Scope of MLib Distance Education
MLIB students can work in a variety of global companies after remotely completing their degree. As a result of this degree program, students are able to enhance their knowledge and abilities in the field of library science. Those who graduate from this program have excellent job prospects across the world with excellent pay in prestigious sectors.
- Information Handling Divisions
- News Agencies
- Photo Library
- Film Library
- Information Centers
- Government/Private Libraries
Salary: Candidates who complete the Master of Library Science distance education course can expect to earn between Rs 3.6 LPA to 4.8 LPA at the beginning of their career. Whereas, candidates with 4 to 5 years of experience can expect to earn between Rs 4.8 LPA to 8.4 LPA. Similarly, the salary of a candidate with this degree will be increased with the improvement of expertise level. However it varies with the job location, organization type, employment area, etc.
After completion of the MLib degree a candidate can apply for the following job profiles:
- Deputy Librarian
- Assistant Librarian
- University Librarian
- OT Technician
- Library Assistant
- Technical Assistant
- and more
Be the first to leave a review.