LLM Distance Education Admission: LLM course stands for Masters of Laws. LLM in distance mode is an alternative to a full-time LLM degree. This course is specifically designed to provide a milestone for students to reach a higher career in the field of law. LLM through distance mode is 2 to 3 years.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Law
- Eligibility Criteria: The students who have completed their LLB course from a recognized institution can apply for the program.
- Duration: The duration of the LLM course is generally around 2 to 3 years.
- Distance LLM Fee: The fee of the LLM course generally stays between INR 50,500 to INR 75,500. The fee can be changed according to university demand.
Note: LLM is not offered for admission in the Distance Learning mode as the Bar Council of India has not provided approval to the LLM from distance education.
Students who have less time availability for studies can study LLM in distance mode. The LLM course is meant to be opted by students who have completed their bachelor’s in law and want to pursue a master’s level course in the same.
The LLM distance course is specified to be opted by the students opting to make a career around the law and legislature. Students interested in learning about various rules and laws, and the judiciary system of the country should fill up the application form for LLM Distance Education admission.
LLM Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Law|
|Duration||1 to 3 Year|
|Fee Structure||INR 18,500 – INR 67,500|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why Distance LLM Course?
A good number of students in India get enrolled in the distance LLM course. The distance learning course of LLM is pursued by students who are engaged in some professional work and cannot afford to take regular classes. A few reasons to study this course are:
- It will allow the students to do various other tasks or do a job while doing this LLM course.
- Students can take lectures at home or if they are working professionals, can also take them at their job place.
- A very low fee structure makes it easier to study for a lot of students.
- Having a similar syllabus as regular LLM is a major advantage.
LLM Distance Education Admission 2022
Master of Law and Legislative course is a PG course available for students who want to have advanced learning related to law studies. Distance mode is seriously not a valid mode available for LLM course studies. Students should be aware that the course for the law is considered to be full-time. No part-time or distance mode will be UGC-approved.
Mostly what is being done is that there are some creative lines jotted down by some of the universities on social media and after that students get amazed with it and start the admission procedure, but once the academic curriculum begins, it is realized that they have been bluffed and the degree is not valid.
We have noticed this majorly, so in this article, we have specified that there is no such course available for distance mode learning. If students want any other information related to the course and any other educational information then they can revert us.
Why opt for LLM Distance Learning?
Opting for the LLM Distance Education course provides applicants with multiple opportunities for improving the standard of their knowledge and skills around the law prospect. There are multiple reasons that encourage a student for opting to get admission in the LLM Distance Education course. Some of them are listed below:
- By opting for an LLM in Distance Education mode, students get the opportunity for increasing their knowledge and gaining a degree while pursuing a regular mode course or job.
- The fee structure of a distance mode course is comparatively low when compared with the course in regular mode.
- In the distance mode of the LLM course, the study material is provided to the student by the institution at the start of their course.
- Students have the freedom to study as per their schedule and at their place.
- The status of the degree gained from the distance education mode is equal to the degree gained from the regular mode.
Distance LLM Entrance Exam
The method of admission into the LLM Distance Learning course is generally determined by the performance of participants in the entrance exam conducted at the national level. There are multiple entrance exams conducted for admission to LLM courses. Some of them are the CLAT, LSAT, CLAT, IPU CET, etc. Applicants scoring high in one of the entrance exams will get the opportunity to get into the LLM Distance Learning course.
LLM Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the LLM distance course is offered by the institutions to students who can complete the minimum eligibility requirements listed for admission. Some of the basic requirements that are generally asked from students for LLM distance learning are:
- The applicant for admission is needed to have passed the LLB course from a recognized institution.
- One will require to qualify for the entrance exam to be conducted by the institution for LLM in Distance Education.
- The applicants of the reserved category get a relaxation of a 5% score for getting admission.
LLM Distance Education Admission Process
Distance LLM is offered for admission by multiple institutions. The admission process will vary as per the institution’s criteria and the course requirements. Below, we have listed a general application process as described after comparing most institutions:
- Visit the institution’s website that you aspire to for LLM Distance Education.
- Fill up the application form listed by the institution for admission.
- Upload documents asked by the institution in the form such as previous scorecards, identity proofs, signatures, photographs, etc., in the form of a scanned image.
- Pay the registration fee by selecting the link stating fee submission. Applicants should pay the registration fee through one of the online modes like net banking, UPI, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Download the fee submission receipt for future use.
- Confirmation of the application form will be provided to the applicant by the institution through the contact details provided by them in the form.
Documents Required for LLM Distance education Admission
An Applicant must have the following documents at the time of verification of documents. He/she must possess the original form of documents as well as 2 photocopies of each document. All the Documents must be self-attached.
- Class 10th and 12th pass Results and certificate
- Bachelor’s marks sheet for all semesters.
- Recently captured 7 passport-size photos.
LLM Distance Education in India
Is the LLM course offered in Distance mode?
No, the LLM course is not offered in the distance education mode as the Bar Council of India has not given approval to any law degree in the distance education mode. Therefore, if any applicant pursues a law degree from a distance mode then they will not be able to represent a case in front of the court.
Is distance LLM Recognised by the Bar Council of India?
No, Distance LLM is not recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Is online LLM Recognised by UGC?
No, Online LLM is not recognized by UGC. University Grants Commission (UGC), has clearly mentioned that it will not provide approval for the online study of some courses like LLM distance education.
Is LLM Distance Education in India Valid?
No, LLM Distance Education in India is not valid. The prestigious educational institution i.e, UGC has announced that a professional degree in law is allowed to pursue in distance learning mode.
Be the first to leave a review.