MSW Distance Education Admission 2023: MSW stands for Master of Social Work. It takes two to three years to complete. Social work and pedagogy are the main focus areas of MSW Distance Education. It is expected that the application process for the MSW Distance Education degree program will begin soon. Prior to the deadline, eligible applicants can submit their applications. The majority of colleges offer MSW Distance Education programs based on merit, but some may also require entrance exams.
- MSW Full Form: Master of Social Work
- Course Duration: 2 to 3 years
- Fee: The approx. average fee for Distance MSW ranges from INR 7,700 to INR 20,000.
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% to 55% marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized university/institute.
- Syllabus: The course subjects contained fieldwork and research training such as Human Development, Development & Welfare Services, Dissertation, Social Welfare Management, Poverty & Livelihood, Social Policy & Social Legislation, Field Work, Social Development in India, etc.
- Career-Wise: MSW Distance Education course can get from INR 2.75 LPA to INR 7.25 LPA.
In the MSW Distance Education program, students will study a variety of topics related to social work and pedagogy. Students gain knowledge and skills related to social welfare through this program. The course curriculum, whether completed online or weekly, provides a practical experience and improves management, communication, and analytical skills. MSW Distance Education graduates can pursue careers in social welfare organizations, NGOs, and other fields. A distance education program allows students to complete their master’s degree without taking regular classes.
If an applicant faces any confusion or has doubts regarding the admission process or the course structure can contact our expert counselors, who are ready 24×7 to solve their queries.
MSW Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Social Work|
|Course Approved By||UGC/DEB|
|Fee Structure||INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 / Year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why MSW Distance Education?
In comparison to on-campus classes, MSW distance learning programs often cost less per credit. Given that this program is less expensive to run, the pricing difference makes sense. Some benefits of doing MSW Distance Education are given below
- You can take an MSW distance education course without having to attend regular MSW classes, which is one of its benefits. Consequently, you might enroll in this program to work as a social worker.
- The annual salary earned by MSW Distance professionals is ranging from INR 2.75 LPA to 7.25 LPA.
MSW Distance Education Admission 2023
Master of Social Work is a study of courses that are related to societal changes. Students who want to have a good career in social work can opt for this course study. The completion of the BSW will help students to be more precise in learning and adapting advanced learning topics.
Humanities, Societal theories, Human tendency, and Psychology are some of the popular subjects available for students who want to learn MSW. Also, the distance mode of this course helps students to conveniently study and complete their educational journey by working side by side.
Academic assistance is provided to the students through lecture schedules and study material is made available for the applicants who enroll in the distance mode learning.
Students here in today’s article will get detailed information related to the course study where we have jotted down the important points. Also on the IMTS official website, we have a WhatsApp chat box that can be accessed and students can go on here and can get educational assistance from our expert counselors.
MSW Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
MSW Distance Education Eligibility Criteria says that students should complete their graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university (BSW completion will be preferred for admission).
- The minimum marking is through the merit score evaluation as there are no entrance examinations for the MSc course.
- Students for this course admission do not require to have a certain age, as there is no age bar for the academic selection.
MSW Distance Education Fee
IMTS Institute is offering a very reasonable fee structure for students who want to enroll in MSW courses through distance mode. The fee is low in distance mode than in the regular mode. Generally, the fee is ranging from INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 per Year.
MSW Distance Education Admission Process 2023
A common admission process for Distance MSW courses at IMTS Institute is followed by each applicant such as:
- Sign up through the given application form on the page.
- Register yourself with the given details and the required paperwork.
- If applicants want to seek assistance in the process they can contact the IMTS counselor.
- Students will get a link to proceed with fee submission.
- Following this, you will get an email confirmation about registration.
What are the main features of MSW Distance Education?
MSW Distance Education or Master of Social Work Distance Education is a master-level program and by opting for this course the students get the opportunity for developing their careers with bright prospects. Some of the major features of the MSW course Distance Education are:
- The correspondence course MSW opens the path towards getting a master’s degree in a discipline that is among one of the most favored and over-whelmed among students in recent times.
- By opting for MSW course distance education, the students will get an opportunity for pursuing their education without attending classes like what happens in the regular mode.
- The fee for pursuing the MSW in Distance Mode is also lesser when compared with the regular mode.
- Students getting admission to the MSW Distance Education course will get the study material for completing their studies from their places.
- The degree status remains the same whether the course is pursued in the distance mode or the regular mode.
- While pursuing the MSW in Distance mode students have the option of either pursuing a regular mode job or another course.
Is MSW Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, this course is worthy, Because the demand for the course is very high. The candidate who is pursuing or planning to take advantage of this course may kindly take admission to it. The course offers to learn about social work. Graduates of the course have good career scopes and many jobs in the industry. Specialists with this degree may get Government jobs and many other industries as they want.
MSW Distance Education Syllabus
The Master of Social Work curriculum includes professional social work practices in hospitals, communities, schools, and other social services. The curriculum for MSW Distance Education is divided into four semesters. The History and Philosophy of Social Work, Human Growth and Development, Visual Culture, and other topics are covered in the Distance MSW program.
The following is the complete syllabus for MSW Distance Education
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|MSW51||Indian Society||MSW61||Social Disorganization & Legislation|
|MSW52||Social Work & Human Psychology||MSW62||Social Research Methods|
|MSW53||Theory and practice of Social Work||MCW63||Social Policy and Administration|
|MSW54||Sociological Concept||MSW64||Personnel Management|
|MSW55||Indian Social Institutions||MSW65||Criminology and Penology|
MSW Distance Education in India
In India, IMTS Institute is among one the fine institutions for students who look to get admission in any course at a distance mode. This institute has emerged to be the place where a student can apply to get the best support and counseling for choosing the course of their interest.
IMTS Institute has multiple expert career counselors that help the students in choosing the right specialization of the course and even help them in providing directions for admission to MSW Distance Education.
MSW Distance Education in Mumbai
Many colleges and institutes provide MSW Distance courses in Mumbai. Admission for the current session is accepting by many universities and colleges for MSW Distance courses. Students who are thinking of pursuing an MSW Distance course can take admission to it. IMTS institute is also providing MSW Distance courses approved by UGC. The value of the MSW Distance course from IMTS Institute is the same as a regular MSW course.
MSW Distance Education Kerala
MSW Distance Education is a PG-level degree program in social work. Many universities and colleges offer MSW Distance Education courses in Kerala. MSW Distance Education in Kerala is an option for candidates unable to attend regular classes for various reasons. Degree holders of MSW Distance Education in Kerala can get employment in numerous sectors such as non-government organizations (NGOs), social welfare organizations, government departments, and private organizations. IMTS Institute is also offering MSW degree programs from a distance. Students can also choose IMTS Institute.
Scope of MSW Distance Education
Graduates of MSW programs can also choose to pursue advanced degrees. These include advanced degrees in research (MPhil, Ph.D.), advanced degrees in management (MBA), professional certificate programs, and relevant postgraduate diploma programs. Having a second degree, whether it’s in the same profession or a totally new one, increases your work options. Options for higher education include:
- MBA in Social Work Management
- Phil in Social Work
- Ph.D. in Social Work
- Certificate course in Social Work & Criminal Justice System
Career Options After MSW Distance Education
An MSW graduate can work in both the public and private sectors, depending on the type of employment they desire or their skills. They also have the option of furthering their specialty by enrolling in a doctoral program or extending their education by taking additional full-time courses. However, even an MSW degree has a broad career scope because of the demand and necessity.
The following are some of the finest job designations for MSW graduates in the government sector:
In the private sector, MSWs can pursue careers in the following areas:
|Project Coordinator||Junior Research Fellow|
|Program Coordinator||Documentation and Communication Officer|
Salary of an MSW Distance Education Graduate
Education, grades, and skills determine the salary of graduates. Salaries paid to graduates of the Distance MSW course in India vary according to the level of experience and skills acquired by the candidate. Based on Pay Scale, distance MSW salaries are between 2.75 LPA and 7.25 LPA. Through work experience or certificate courses, graduates can increase their salaries.
The following are some common job profiles with average salaries:
|Job Roles||Average Annual Salary|
|Professor/Lecturer||INR 7.50 LPA|
|Consultant||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Project Coordinator||INR 3.90 LPA|
|Social Worker||INR 3.88 LPA|
|Program Manager||INR 4.10 LPA|
Frequently Asked Questions About MSW Distance Education
- How to get admission into MSW Distance Education?
- Ans: Candidates who want to get admission in this course visit the official website of IMTS Institute and fill the registration form.
- MSW programs be pursued from a Distance mode?
- Ans: Yes, MSW program is available in Distance mode .
- What is the duration of distance MSW courses?
- Ans: MSW distance education duration is 2 years.
- Is Distance MSW less costly?
- Ans: Yes. Distance MSW course is less costly in comparison to regular mode.
- How much MSW fees via distance learning?
- Ans. The average fees of MSW Distance Education is approx. INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 / Year.
Be the first to leave a review.