MSW Distance Education Admission 2023-24: Master of Social Work (MSW) is a postgraduate degree program that one would like to pursue after graduation if one studied social work or related subjects at the undergraduate or school level. The advanced MSW distance education program in social work focuses on building comprehensive knowledge about two major parts of social work—social welfare and evolution, or developmental humanity.
The four-semester MSW Distance Education course structure is made up of the history and philosophy of social work, human growth and development, social exclusion and inclusive policy, visual culture, the fundamentals of medical social work, poverty reduction, microentrepreneurship, and so on.
If a candidate has questions about how to apply or how the course is set up, they can talk to our expert counselors, who are available 24×7 to answer their questions.
- MSW Full Form: Master of Social Work
- Course Duration: The duration of the distance MSW course is 2 years.
- Fee: Approx. fee for Distance MSW ranges from INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 per year.
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% to 55% marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized university/institute.
- Career-Wise: MSW Distance Education course can get from INR 2.75 LPA to INR 7.25 LPA.
- Syllabus: The course subjects contained fieldwork and research training such as Human Development, Development & Welfare Services, Dissertation, Social Welfare Management, Poverty & Livelihood, Social Policy & Social Legislation, Field Work, Social Development in India, etc.
MSW Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Social Work|
|Course Approved By||UGC/DEB|
|Approx. Fee||INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 / Year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
If candidates need any sort of help for MSW distance education program admission and career counseling, they may dial 9210989898 and experience the advantage of free career counseling offered by IMTS Institute.
Why MSW Distance Education?
Compared to on-campus classes, MSW distance learning programs often cost less per credit. Given that this program is less expensive, the pricing difference makes sense. Some benefits of doing MSW Distance Education are given below.
- The course allows students to study from anywhere in the world, which means a person living in a corner of any country or India can easily obtain advanced learning experiences without following the offline path except giving examinations.
- Master of Social Work distance education program has a low fee that heavily entices students because nobody wants to skip a chance to earn a postgraduate degree at the lowest cost.
- The learning process is flexible and can be freely done by students with the aid of online or e-learning materials.
- There are many uncountable universities approved by UGC that offer the MSW distance degree program. The list and their admission process are well detailed in the article ahead.
MSW Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to the distance MSW course is open now at various institutes in India for session 2023-24. This course is for students who want a good job in social work. People who want to learn MSW often study Humanities, Societal Theories, Human Tendencies, and Psychology. Also, the distance mode of this course makes it easy for students to study and finish their educations by working together.
When students finish the BSW, they will be better able to learn and apply advanced learning topics. Students get help with their schoolwork through lecture schedules, and people who sign up for distance-mode learning have access to study materials.
Also, on the IMTS website, students can use a WhatsApp chat box to get help with their schoolwork from our expert counselors.
MSW Distance Education Application Form
Filling out the application form is the first step to securing admission at IMTS Institute. The form is given above and interested students can fill the form for admission to MSW Distance Education. Only eligible candidates can apply and students can check the eligibility mentioned below. The application form must be submitted before the last date.
MSW Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
MSW Distance Education Eligibility Criteria says that students should complete their graduation from a UGC-recognized university (BSW completion will be preferred for admission).
- The minimum marking is through the merit score evaluation, as there are no entrance examinations for the MSc course.
- Students for this course admission do not require a certain age, as there is no age bar for the academic selection.
MSW Distance Education Fee
IMTS Institute offers a very reasonable fee structure for students who want to enroll in MSW courses through distance mode. The fee is low in distance mode than in the regular mode. Generally, the fee ranges from INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 per Year.
MSW Distance Education Admission Process 2023
A common admission process for Distance MSW courses at IMTS Institute is followed by each applicant such as:
- Sign up through the given application form on the page.
- Register yourself with the given details and the required paperwork.
- If applicants want assistance in the process, they can contact the IMTS counselor.
- Students will get a link to proceed with fee submission.
- Following this, you will get an email confirmation about registration.
Required Documents for Admission to MSW Distance Education
- 10th & 12th Class Marksheet
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- 5 Passport Size Photograph
- Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
What are the main features of MSW Distance Education?
MSW Distance Education or Master of Social Work Distance Education is a master-level program. By opting for this course, the students can develop their careers with bright prospects. Some of the major features of the MSW course Distance Education are:
- The correspondence course MSW opens the path towards getting a master’s degree in a discipline that is among one of the most favored and over-whelmed among students in recent times.
- By opting for MSW course distance education, the students can pursue their education without attending classes like in the regular mode.
- The fee for pursuing the MSW in Distance Mode is also lesser when compared with the regular mode.
- Students getting admission to the MSW Distance Education course will get the study material for completing their studies from their places.
- The degree status remains the same whether the course is pursued in distance or regular mode.
- While pursuing the MSW in Distance mode, students can pursue a regular mode job or another course.
Is MSW Distance Education Worth it?
- There is a high demand for this course, so it is worth it.
- This course is open to candidates who are pursuing or planning to take advantage of it. The course offers to learn about social work.
- There are many jobs in the industry for graduates of the course. It is possible for specialists with this degree to work in government and many other private sectors.
MSW Distance Education Syllabus
The Master of Social Work curriculum includes professional social work practices in hospitals, communities, schools, and other social services. The curriculum for MSW Distance Education is divided into four semesters. The Distance MSW program covers the History and Philosophy of Social Work, Human Growth and Development, Visual Culture, and other topics.
The following is the complete syllabus for MSW Distance Learning.
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|MSW51||Indian Society||MSW61||Social Disorganization & Legislation|
|MSW52||Social Work & Human Psychology||MSW62||Social Research Methods|
|MSW53||Theory and practice of Social Work||MCW63||Social Policy and Administration|
|MSW54||Sociological Concept||MSW64||Personnel Management|
|MSW55||Indian Social Institutions||MSW65||Criminology and Penology|
MSW Distance Education in India
IMTS Institute is one of the best institutions in India for students looking for distance learning courses. There is no doubt that this institute is where a student can seek the best support and guidance in choosing the course that is most suitable for them.
IMTS Institute has multiple expert career counselors that help the students choose the right course specialization and even help them provide directions for admission to MSW Distance Education.
MSW Distance Education in Mumbai
- Many colleges and institutes provide MSW Distance courses in Mumbai. Many universities and colleges accept admission for the current session for MSW Distance courses. Students who are thinking of pursuing an MSW Distance course can take admitted to it. IMTS institute is also providing MSW Distance courses approved by UGC. The value of the MSW Distance course from IMTS Institute is the same as a regular MSW course.
MSW Distance Education in Kerala
- This is a PG-level degree program in social work. Many universities and colleges offer MSW Distance Education courses in Kerala. MSW in Kerala from distance mode is an option for candidates unable to attend regular classes for various reasons.
- Degree holders of MSW Distance learning in Kerala can get employment in numerous sectors such as non-government organizations (NGOs), social welfare organizations, government departments, and private organizations. IMTS Institute is also offering MSW degree programs from a distance. Students can also choose IMTS Institute.
MSW Distance Education in Telangana
At Telangana, multiple universities offer MSW Distance courses to those applicants who have an interest and completed their BSW degree from any discipline university for MSW Distance Education in Telangana. Students also can get admission to IMTS Institute. Students will get proper learning as regular courses. Admission has started at IMTS Institute for the current session. Students must have passed their bachelor’s degree from a UGC-recognized board, and admission is based on merit score.
Scope of MSW Distance Education
Master of Social Work or MSc in distance education drives plenty of options to make aspirants believe, they have chosen the right path to reach somewhere called success. The advanced degree program in MSW distance education helps candidates develop expertise in managing social issues.
Students who have post-graduated from the distance MSW degree program can serve both themselves and the social cause by selecting employment options in one of the following fields such as community development, health and wellness, environmental conservation, human rights, education, and so on.
Postgraduate degree holders can work in the roles of counsellor, researcher, policy analyst, social worker, educator, and more. Professionals in one of the mentioned fields may earn around INR 5 LPA to INR 7 LPA.
Career Options After MSW Distance Education
An MSW graduate can work in the public and private sectors, depending on their desired employment or skills. They also can further their specialty by enrolling in a doctoral program or extending their education by taking additional full-time courses. However, even a Distance MSW degree has a broad career scope because of the demand and necessity.
Students who have completed a distance MCom have good jobs option with good salaries, and they have the opportunity to advance in the industry in the future. Students who want to study while also working will go through IMTS has a lot of credibilities, which will make it a great place to start.
The following are some of the finest job designations for MSW graduates in the government sector:
In the private sector, MSWs can pursue careers in the following areas:
|Project Coordinator||Junior Research Fellow|
|Program Coordinator||Documentation and Communication Officer|
Salary of an MSW Distance Education Graduate
Education, grades, and skills determine the salary of graduates. Salaries paid to graduates of the Distance MSW course in India vary according to the candidate’s experience and skills. Based on Pay Scale, distance MSW salaries are between 2.75 LPA and 7.25 LPA. Through work experience or certificate courses, graduates can increase their salaries.
The following are some common job profiles with average salaries:
|Job Roles||Average Annual Salary|
|Professor/Lecturer||INR 7.50 LPA|
|Consultant||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Project Coordinator||INR 3.90 LPA|
|Social Worker||INR 3.88 LPA|
|Program Manager||INR 4.10 LPA|
MSW Distance Education FAQs?
Ques 1: How to get admission into MSW Distance Education?
Ans: Candidates who want to get admission to this course visit the official website of IMTS Institute and fill out the registration form.
Ques 2: MSW programs are pursued from a Distance mode?
Ans: Yes, the MSW program is available in Distance mode.
Ques 3: What is the duration of distance MSW courses?
Ans: MSW distance education duration is 2 years.
Ques 4: Is Distance MSW less costly?
Ans: Yes. Distance MSW course is less costly in comparison to regular mode.
Ques 5: How much are MSW fees via distance learning?
Ans. The average fee of MSW Distance Education is approx. INR 7,700 to INR 20,000 / Year.
Ques 6: Is it possible to take the exam msw online course distance learning?
Ans. There is no confirmation of the exam mode for the Distance Education MSW course. The mode of the exam will vary from institution to institution.
Ques 7: Is MSW distance degree valid in government and private?
Ans. Yes, The MSW degree in distance mode is valid in both the private and government sectors, Applicants can make their career in both fields after completing their MSW course from UGC approved university or institution.
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|