BSc Botany Distance Education Admission: The distance BSc Botany program is a three-year undergraduate degree program. The BSc Botany degree program focuses on studying plants, fungi, and algae. The selection procedure for BSc Botany programs is based on merit/entrance examinations. Graduates have several work prospects in both the public and private sectors.
The average income of a BSc Botany professional is INR 3 to 7 LPA. Some of the best recruitment agencies are the Indian Institute of Ecology, the Wildlife Conservation Society, and the National Chemical Laboratory. An undergraduate degree in Botany can lead to a Master’s degree or a career in R&D (Research and Development).
- BSc Botany Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Botany
- Eligibility: A 10+2 in the stream of science is required to be obtained by aspirants with at least marks of 50% in the last examination.
- Duration: A distance BSc Botany is 3 year-long course.
- Fee: Average fee charged in the relevant universities is INR 20,000 to 28,000 per year.
- Career-wise: Upon finishing this program students can continue their MSc in Botany. There are various job profiles such as botanist, ecologist, plant pathologist, botany technician, and so on.
BSc Botany Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Botany|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fees||INR 20,000 – INR 28,000 / Year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
How is BSc Botany Course Beneficial?
- The course is full of job opportunities. After completing the program, they can also opt for the master’s and then a research program to go into the teaching or research profession.
- The course professionals can get jobs in research organizations, herbal products companies, farm management organizations, etc.
- They can also work in the State Departments, the Botanical Survey of India, the Environmental Protection Agency, etc.
BSc Botany Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS Institute offers distance education courses in BSc Botany. Students must be ready to take on new skills, new challenges, and new activities in the field of research and also be good at problem solving.
The BSc Botany Distance Education program lasts three years and has six semesters. This article explains how students can apply online, find out about fees, and evaluate their eligibility for distance education BSc Botany.
BSc Botany Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to enroll in this course must meet the eligibility requirements:-
- A student must have passed the 10+2 course to enroll in this course.
- The minimum percentage after passing 10+2 should be 50% with a recognized board.
- Colleges take admission in this course on behalf of the merit score.
- The students who want to pursue this program must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology(PCB)
For BSc Botany through distance learning, the fee is INR 20,000 to INR 28,000 per year. Students check the process and details.
Distance BSc Botany Syllabus
Students can check here the syllabus of BSc Botany, a biological course in plant life. Following is the syllabus of this program:
|1st Year||2nd Yar||3rd Year|
|Diversity of Microbes||Biology and Diversity of Seed Plants I||Plant Physiology|
|Cell Biology||Plant Anatomy||Ecology|
|Diversity of Archegoniates||Biology and Diversity of Seed Plants II||Biochemistry & Plant Biotechnology|
|Genetics||Plant Embryology||Economic Botany|
|Practical (Annually) Semester I & II||Practical (Annually) Semesters III & IV||Practical (Annually) Semester V & VI|
Skills Required for BSc Botany Distance Education
- Those students who are good in the computer field and laboratory research, and possess problem-solving and self-assessment skills are the most appropriate ones.
- Applicants who have good oral and written communication skills are best suited for the course.
- If they are interested in pursuing higher degree studies like a Master’s degree and then for research work are also a good match for the course.
- Candidates who like nature and its flora and fauna also can go for it.
BSc Botany Distance Education Employment Areas
- Environmental Consultancies
- Food and Herbal Industry
- Colleges & Universities
- Medical Content Writings
- Nursery Farms
- Pharmaceutical Company
Medical Content Writings
A student with BSc in Botany can work as Medical Content Writer. There is a wide scope of medical content writers as not everyone can write about medical products or services. They write technical content about the product or service offered by their organization.
BSc Botany Distance Education Job Types:
|Plant Biochemist||Nursery Manager|
|Farming Consultant||Forester/Park Ranger|
|Plant Pathologist||Plant Explorer|
Plant Biochemist: A Plant Biochemist studies the chemistry of living processes at molecular and cellular levels. The process which covers cell development, reproduction and metabolism is also studied.
Plant Pathologist: The main job role of a Plant Pathologist is to study the health of plants, and identify diseases, pests, and all other problems related to the health of plants.
BSc Botany Specialization List
|Plant physiology||Economic Botany|
FAQs About BSc Botany Distance Education
Q. Is a BSc Botany Distance Education Degree valid for abroad study or jobs?
Ans- Yes, the degree offered by these Universities are approved for study in India, Abroad also other countries of the world.
Q. Can students pay fees in installments?
Ans- Yes, Students can pay their fees in installments either semester-wise or Year wise.
Q. What will be the examination mode?
Ans- An examination can be held in either offline or Online mode at the concerned centers as per university rules.
Be the first to leave a review.