BSc Botany Distance Education Admission: BSc Botany distance education program in botany is a crucial degree program for students who desire to learn, research, and develop comprehensive knowledge on the functionalities, and development of plants. The three-year undergraduate degree program goes beyond the study of plants with the help of several subjects.
The six-semester distance degree program of BSc Botany comprises various subjects, including plant-focused subjects such as plant biotechnology, plant breeding, plant ecology, mycology, phycology, plant science, and more. The course study follows the path of projection, and research-based education to provide practical knowledge to learners.
An average BSc Botany professional earns between 3 lakhs and 7 lakhs per year. Indian Institute of Ecology, Wildlife Conservation Society, and National Chemical Laboratory are among the best recruitment agencies. A Botany degree can lead to a Master’s degree or a career in R&D (Research and Development).
- BSc Botany Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Botany
- Eligibility: A 10+2 in the stream of science is required to be obtained by aspirants with at least marks of 50% in the last examination.
- Duration: A distance BSc Botany is 3 year-long course.
- Fee: The average fee range for the distance BSc Botany course starts from INR 10,000 per year.
- Career-wise: Upon finishing this program students can continue their MSc in Botany. There are various job profiles such as botanist, ecologist, plant pathologist, botany technician, and so on.
BSc Botany Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Botany|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fees||INR 10,000 / Year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
How is BSc Botany Course Beneficial?
- Students generally find the BSc Botany in distance education cost-effective and flexible, which is rare to discover in any other mode.
- The course training or practical class sessions are normally organized on the weekends. Students who cannot reach the authorized campus for BSc Botany classes can download the lecture video on their smartphones anywhere and anytime.
- Not only electronic learning videos, but students have the whole coursework of BSc Botany distance education in control of reading online.
- In comparison with a regular degree program, the BSc Botany in distance education mode scarcely requires an entrance test examination.
- The course is full of job opportunities. After completing the program, they can also opt for the master’s and then a research program to go into the teaching or research profession.
- The course professionals can get jobs in research organizations, herbal products companies, farm management organizations, etc.
- They can also work in the State Departments, the Botanical Survey of India, the Environmental Protection Agency, etc.
BSc Botany Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS Institute offers distance education courses in BSc Botany. Students must be ready to take on new skills, new challenges, and new activities in the field of research and also be good at problem-solving.
The BSc Botany Distance Education program lasts three years and has six semesters. This article explains how students can apply online, find out about fees, and evaluate their eligibility for distance education BSc Botany.
BSc Botany Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to enroll in this course must meet the eligibility requirements:-
- A student must have passed the 10+2 course to enroll in this course.
- The minimum percentage after passing 10+2 should be 50% with a recognized board.
- Colleges take admission in this course on behalf of the merit score.
- The students who want to pursue this program must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB).
Candidates who want to pursue a BSc Botany distance education course at a very low and affordable cost price can fill out the application form attached above. The fee range for this programme is started from INR 10,000 per year.
Distance BSc Botany Syllabus
Students can check here the syllabus of BSc Botany, a biological course in plant life. Following is the syllabus of this program:
|1st Year||2nd Yar||3rd Year|
|Diversity of Microbes||Biology and Diversity of Seed Plants I||Plant Physiology|
|Cell Biology||Plant Anatomy||Ecology|
|Diversity of Archegoniates||Biology and Diversity of Seed Plants II||Biochemistry & Plant Biotechnology|
|Genetics||Plant Embryology||Economic Botany|
|Practical (Annually) Semester I & II||Practical (Annually) Semesters III & IV||Practical (Annually) Semester V & VI|
Skills Required for BSc Botany Distance Education
- Those students who are good in the computer field and laboratory research, and possess problem-solving and self-assessment skills are the most appropriate ones.
- Applicants who have good oral and written communication skills are best suited for the course.
- If they are interested in pursuing higher degree studies like a Master’s degree and then research work is also a good match for the course.
- Candidates who like nature and its flora and fauna also can go for it.
BSc Botany Distance Education Employment Areas
- Environmental Consultancies
- Food and Herbal Industry
- Colleges & Universities
- Medical Content Writings
- Nursery Farms
- Pharmaceutical Company
Medical Content Writings
A student with BSc in Botany can work as Medical Content Writer. There is a wide scope of medical content writers as not everyone can write about medical products or services. They write technical content about the product or service offered by their organization.
BSc Botany Distance Education Job Types:
|Plant Biochemist||Nursery Manager|
|Farming Consultant||Forester/Park Ranger|
|Plant Pathologist||Plant Explorer|
Plant Biochemist: A Plant Biochemist studies the chemistry of living processes at molecular and cellular levels. The process which covers cell development, reproduction and metabolism is also studied.
Plant Pathologist: The main job role of a Plant Pathologist is to study the health of plants, and identify diseases, pests, and all other problems related to the health of plants.
Farming Consultant: Agriculturists provide advice and guidance regarding how agricultural land can be used and managed. Their goal is to ensure that land-based businesses are viable from the standpoint of commercial viability for farmers, landowners, and others who are interested in agriculture
Molecular Biologist: Molecular biologists are individuals who study the genetics of animals, plants, and humans and their relationship to each other. An individual who specializes in molecular biology will be able to use their knowledge of chemistry, genetics, physiology, physics, and biology to study DNA and RNA from humans, plants, animals and other organisms.
BSc Botany Specialization List
|Plant physiology||Economic Botany|
FAQs About BSc Botany Distance Education?
Q. Is a BSc Botany Distance Education Degree valid for abroad study or jobs?
Ans- Yes, the degree offered by these Universities are approved for study in India, Abroad also other countries of the world.
Q. Can I do BSc in Biology with distance education?
Ans- Yes, Top universities offering this programme students can choose IMTS Institute for BSc Botany Distance education.
Q. Can BSc be done by distance?
Ans- Yes, it is possible to earn a BSc degree through distance education. IMTS Institute offers the BSc degree in a distance mode to students and students are free to pursue it this way.
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|