BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Education: Distance BA in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology is one of the traditional degree programs that come under the arts, and humanities fields. The 3-year UG program that walks in the footsteps of distance learning covers several topics for assisting learners in acquiring quality and standard education in archaeological facts, the history of the Indian subcontinent, and much more.
Distance BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology in the open and distance learning mode to comprise various theory-oriented subjects such as Indian history and archaeology, introduction to Indian society and economy, reconstruction of ancient history and geographical background, the Harrapan civilization, pottery, and stone tool studies, etc.
Through distance learning, Many students can now enrol in BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology courses. IMTS Institute is offering this distance BA course for admission in the academic session 2023. Through this course, students get access to information about the integration of archaeology with applied sciences and various methods of archaeology.
Students may proceed and successfully complete the admission process at any university they wish from the ones mentioned in the article ahead. For any assistance in admission, they are free to contact the IMTS Institute admissions team from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on 9210989898.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Highlights
|Course Name||BA in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Course Fees||INR 10000 to INR 20000 Year (may vary)|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Jobs Roles||Archaeologist, Conservation Officer, Museum Education officer, Heritage Manager, Lecturer, and Gallery Curator|
What is BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology?
BA in Ancient History program is focused on the study of human history from its beginnings through the middle ages, ranging from the beginning of ancient human history up to the present day. The subjects covered by this course’s curriculum include Medieval History, Ancient History, Post-Classical History, Greek and Roman Civilizations History, History of India, and Greek and Roman Civilizations History.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Arts in Ancient Indian History & Archaeology
- Eligibility: Anyone from anywhere can apply to the distance learning program of the BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology program after completing the Higher school education or 10+2 from a recognized institution or board.
- Duration: It is no longer than a period of 3 years.
- Fee: The cost of this BA in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Learning is estimated on average up to INR 10000 to INR 20000 annually.
- Career-wise: This BA in Ancient Indian History DDE will be assisting in making a career as a librarian, professor, civil servant, and above all an archaeologist or research assistant. Their starting salary can be INR 2 LPA and can go higher as INR 7 LPA.
Why BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology?
With a BA in Archeology, we can analyze and research this material evidence to gain insight into society’s sociocultural insights. Studying these artefacts in BA in Archaeology sheds light on the ethics, principles, religion, and ritual practices of that society at the time through the study of these artefacts.
- The course does not create a border in the distance education mode as it is seen in the regular mode, where students cannot go beyond the coursework because of the lack of time.
- Students may drive their education in another professional diploma, certificate, or degree program when studying the BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Education program.
- The UGC approval status, affordable nature due to low fees, equal value in the academic and professional worlds, and more all contribute significantly to the Distance BA Ancient Indian History and Archeology program is a great choice.
- There are many fascinating aspects to this course, and as a result, it provides a rich foundation for the development of the mindset that is essential for the ethical and creative aspects of being an archivist or historian.
Is BA Ancient Indian History Worth It?
Yes, BA in Ancient Indian History & Archaeology Distance Learning is a worth doing course because it leads the students toward a respectful and successful career. The students who opt for admission into this distance course get to increase their knowledge, thinking, and research skills so that they can look for the betterment of historical aspects.
- Skills: The students who learn this course can get skills such as chronological thinking, historical research skills, analysis and decision-making about historical events, historical analysis and interpretation, historical comprehension, etc.
- Time Flexibility: In terms of managing time, this course is the best choice students in this course will take the classes of their choice, and all the assignments and projects will be done online.
- Fee and Cost: In terms of cost, the distance courses are the most reasonable, and the fee for distance BA Ancient Indian History is INR 10000 to INR 20000 annually based on institutes.
- Earn While You Learn: It is a good opportunity for working professionals because they usually do not have enough time to spend on studies, and via this method, they earn long.
Distance BA Course Specializations
Key Features of Distance BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology
- In this course, students get knowledge about recent advancements in Pali, Religion, Archaeology, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Conservation, Museology, World Civilization, and Cultural History.
- This distance course falls under the UG category and takes almost a time period of 3 years to study completely. Its duration can be increased by one or two years depending on the institute.
- Candidates do not need to appear in any admission test for securing entry to this online and distance degree program.
- Students who complete this course can find employment as historians, archivists, research assistants, librarians, and lecturers, among many others.
- Experiencing new excavating sites is an interesting part of the archaeologist’s job profile. Archaeologists dig for ancient societies, arts, cultures, rituals, etc., using government and private funding, and they find important discoveries.
- It is approved by UGC and DEB and given equal importance as given to the regular courses.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology ODL Admission 2023
IMTS Institute is accepting applications for the BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology program. To apply for admission to this course, students need to fill out the application form listed above. Registration forms allow students to select the course mode and specialization.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology is a specialization course offered for admission by multiple institutions with the objective of providing good quality distance education in the history and archaeology discipline. The syllabus of this course is designed in such a manner that the students will get to study and cover the basic concepts of ancient Indian history and archaeology.
Distance BA Ancient Indian History & Archaeology Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility conditions for those who are interested in taking admissiion to the BA Ancient Indian History & Archeology distance education programme, which are mentioned below:
- At least gaining an educational level of intermediate is mandatory to get an entry for the BA in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology course.
- Candidate should score at least 40% marks in the 12th board examinations.
- There is no particular age limit for getting admission to this course.
- This course is suitable to build a career in the field of Archaeology.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Education Application Form
An Application form for the distance BA Ancient Indian History and Archeology is attached above. This form can be filled out by the applicants who are eligible and interested in applying for admission to this programme. Once you submit this form, our best career counsellors will contact you soon. They will guide you about the course, admission process, fee, eligibility, etc. Also, they will help you to fill out the application form. So, When you fill out the attached registration form, ensure to submit the right details.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology DDE Application Form Process
- Students aspiring for admission into the Distance BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology course can fill out the online application form attached above.
- Once you complete this application form, our admission counselor will contact you within 48 hours to provide a complete guide about the admission process, eligibility, course fee, etc.
- There is no need to physically visit the campus for admission, you can submit the application form, fee, and all the essential documents online.
BA Ancient Indian History Fees
There is no fixed fee structure for any course because the cost of courses varies annually. The IMTS Institute is providing a very affordable cost structure to its students who desire to enroll in the BA Ancient Indian History & Archeology distance education program for the current academic year of 2023. The typical annual price structure ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000*.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Education in India
BA Ancient Indian History and Archeology is a popular course in India which is pursued by a large number of students every year. 12th pass-out candidates are eligible to apply for admission to this programme and the course is available at the fee range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 per year.
Students from anywhere in India can enrol themselves for admission to BA distance education courses at IMTS Institute whether they belong to Tamilnadu, Noida, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan or any other state. It is one of the most famous institutes that offer its services all over India.
In order to level up their professional careers, students are provided with the opportunity to learn and improve their skills. The career options after BA in Ancient History and Archaeology are numerous in India. That’s why to get better jobs; students must assure to pursue the program from the best institute in India.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Syllabus
Students of the BA Ancient Indian History and Archeology distance education programme study the history of human generation from 5,000 BC to the present, as well as the archaeological structure created by them. Historically, human generations have been very interesting. There is a variety of core subjects covered in this course, such as Greek and Roman Civilizations, Late Ancient History, Early Ancient History, and Middle to Late Bronze Age.
|Semester||Subjects of Study|
Political History of India (600 BC – 300 AD)
Political History of India (300 AD – 750 AD)
Historical Geography of Ancient India
Cultural Heritage of Varanasi
History and Elements of Indian Archaeology
Prehistoric Cultures of India
Political History of North India (750 AD – 12th Century AD)
Political History of South India (Circa 750 AD – 13th Century AD)
Main Currents of Ancient Indian History
Indian Culture and Human Values
Protohistoric and Early Historic Cultures of India
Survey of Archaeological Remains
Ancient Indian Religions: Vedic
Ancient Indian Religions: Jainism and Buddhism
History of Ancient Indian Literature
History of Museum and Collection
Museum Education and Public Relations
Ancient Indian Social Life and Institutions
Ancient Indian Economic Life and Institutions
Museum Administration & Management
Early Indian Art and Architecture (From the Beginning to Gupta Period)
Art and Architecture of Early Medieval India
Concept and Methods of History Writing in Ancient India
India’s Cultural Contact with Outside World
Early History of India (From Origin of Man to the Development of Jana and Janapadas)
Legal Institutions in Ancient India
A History of Indian Philosophical Thought
Ancient Indian Polity and Administration
Ancient Indian Palaeography and Epigraphy
Ancient Indian Numismatics
Ancient Civilizations (Bronze Age to Iron Age)
Principles and Methods of Archaeology
History of Science and Technology in Ancient India
A History of Western Philosophical Thought
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Subjects
The BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology course takes three years and teaches students about the past of human generation from about 5,000 BC back to the present. The course teaches students how to think critically, analyze things in depth, write persuasively, and express themselves in a clear way.
BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology is a three-year program. After successfully finishing it, students can apply for the Master’s program and then for research studies. There are five mandatory subjects in the course. BA Ancient History subjects include:
- Ancient History
- Early ancient History
- Greek and Roman Civilizations
- Late ancient History
- Middle to Late Bronze Age
Scope of BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology Distance Education
Ancient History and Archaeology have a wide range of research scopes and archaeologist career in India have a large number of job opportunities, such as educational services, tourism, civil service, journalism, research areas, museums, etc. It is estimated that the average salary of graduates from India is between Rs. 16000 to Rs. 58000 per month on an annual basis.
Job Roles After Distance BA Archaeology
- Conservation officer
- Documentation Specialist
- Museum education officer
- Heritage manager
- Historic buildings inspector
- Gallery Curator
Employment Areas After BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology
A candidate with this degree can apply for the following job areas:
- Civil Services
- Archeological Departement
- Historical Parks
- Education Services
- Research Areas
According to industry, job profile, and other factors, an average BA in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology holder earns between INR 2 and 7 Lakhs per annum. The salary of a student can be increased after they have gained experience. Additionally, they may be promoted based on their performance.
FAQs Regarding BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology
Q 1. Why do we need to study BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology?
Ans: In the BA Ancient Indian History and Archaeology, we study the cultures and traditions of ancient India, exploring the origins and early practices of agriculture in ancient India.
Q 2. What jobs can we get with BA in Ancient History and Archaeology Degree?
Ans: With BA Ancient History & Archaeology degree a candidate will be able to apply for various job profiles like:
- Assistant Quality Surveyor
- Conservation Officer
- Documentation Specialist
- Gallery curator
- Heritage Manager
- Historical Building Inspector
Q 3. Can I study archeology in distance education?
Ans: Yes, Students can pursue BA in Ancient Indian History Archaeology in distance mode. The course has been approved by DEB and UGC.
Q 4. Can a BA history student do MA in Archaeology?
Ans: Yes, A student with BA in Ancient Indian History Archaeology through distance education can apply for the MA in Archaeology.
Q 5. What is a BA in ancient Indian history and archaeology?
Ans: Bachelor of Arts in Ancient Indian History & Archaeology degree program takes three years to complete. Archaeology practices and methods, as well as the integration of applied sciences with archaeology, are topics covered in the course.
Q 6. Is BA in ancient Indian history and archaeology distance UGC/DEB Approved?
Ans: Yes! BA in ancient Indian history and archaeology distance is approved by UGC/DEB and it is valid all over India.