MA English Distance Education Admission 2023: Master of Arts in English, abbreviated as MA English, is a postgraduate degree program of two-year duration offered in distance learning mode at various government, and private universities in India. The program is a higher degree in English that focuses on extending the literature, and linguistic knowledge of students through several works from classical Greek to postmodern times.
Distance MA English has a total of four semesters and includes various subjects based on poetry, novels, short stories, and prose. The literature-oriented postgraduate MA in English Distance Education comprises the works of some globally recognized writers such as William Shakespeare, John Donne, Charlotte Bronte, Edmund Spenser, and so forth.
In order to be eligible for admission to the MA English distance education program, candidates must pass a bachelor’s degree in English language or literature or a related domain from a recognized university. The average fee for the MA English distance education program is 10,000 Indian rupees annually.
IMTS Institute provides Distance MA in English courses to students who have graduated in English or a relevant discipline. The candidates also study stories and novels of various kinds written by various worthy novelists and writers of English literature.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Arts in English
- Eligibility: Students with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks in bachelor’s degrees are eligible to apply to this degree program. It is preferred to have a BA degree. Conductance of entrance exams is not necessary for distance courses.
- Duration: It is provided that the completion time period of the distance MA English degree program is 2 years.
- Fee: Average annual fee for MA English Distance Education is INR 10,000 per year.
- Course Learning: MA in English helps students master the English language, develop analytical skills, and develop critical thinking.
- Career-wise: MA English Distance Education provides huge opportunities to students with job positions like scriptwriter, teacher, journalist, and editor.
- The annual salary such degree holders can avail is about INR 3 to 5 lacs. They can also join the sectors like journalism and teaching to get vast exposure to the field.
Students who want to apply to the MA English Distance Education but need help to do so can make a call to IMTS Institute at 9210989898 for free admission counseling.
MA English Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in English|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Fee Structure||INR 10,000 per year|
Is Distance MA English worth it?
MA English Distance Education is a popular postgraduate program that focuses on English literature, linguistics, drama, prose, and poetry. Students can choose a particular area of literature to specialize in this course because literature has a wide learning prospectus.
Definitely, the distance MA English course is an excellent study course because of its high demand in many fields.
- Skills: The most important skills in this course are communication skills that are both verbal and written, active listening along with a greater understanding of English literature.
- Time Flexibility: Enrolling in a distance course allows the candidates to study anytime or review the course as many times as they want and also to study on their own with schedules set accordingly, making this course is most flexible.
- Fee and Cost: An average fee for this distance MA English course varies from INR 10,000 a year in most colleges, making it an affordable study program at the master’s level.
- Earn While You Learn: As this MA English distance course is most flexible thus, it allows the learners to earn in the meantime and get the financial support that is mostly needed by many students who face difficulty in paying fees.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Why choosing MA English is the right choice? Key Features
Candidates may be enticed by seeing the benefits of the MA English distance education program in the following pointers.
- MA English Distance Education has covered almost every continent of the world in terms of sharing the development of the English language and Literature.
- Without the aid of a college or university professor, students who are interested in studying the English language and literature program in the distance learning mode can pursue and comprehend the chronology and works of Victorian, classical, Elizabethan, romantic, and other eras.
- However, those who need support may contact the course coordinator from Monday to Saturday during working hours.
- The cost-effectiveness, and flexible nature of the MA English distance education program majorly allured the students irrespective of their class.
- Students are not totally detached from the college even though they have opted for the distance learning program of Ma English. Admitted students— as per their wish— can attend offline/online PCP classes on the weekends.
- The MA English open and distance learning postgraduate degree is equivalent to the regular or online learning program. Future career options are made possible by the approval of UGC.
MA English Distance Education program is offered at numerous universities throughout the world, and students who believe that this is all they need to know about it need to get ready to learn more about it in greater detail from the following sections of this article.
MA English Distance Education Admission 2023
Distance MA English course admission has been started by IMTS Institute for the academic session 2023. Interested students can fill out the application form attached above in the article. On the IMTS official website, students can apply online for the program. IMTS Institute offers distance MA English admission in two sessions (January & July). Students who are interested in a career in English can enroll in a 2-year distance MA English program.
MA English Distance Education Application Form
The application form is active on the official website of the IMTS Institute. Students can fill out the form that is mentioned on the page. After filling in the personal details such as name, course name, and Date of birth, they will get verification and confirmation calls where they can ask their queries.
MA English Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the MA English Distance Education must meet certain requirements. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the MA in English Distance Education.
- This course can be pursued by students who have studied graduation in a relevant stream and it will be preferred if they have a BA English degree.
- No entry of students is based on the entrance exam as the admission is directly based on previous exam marks that are required to be 35% minimum.
- IMTS Institute provides direct admission into MA English courses.
MA English Distance Education Fees
The average fee for the MA English program through distance learning costs an amount of Rs 10,000 per year. The fee will include all charges like tuition fees, exam fees, identity card fees, etc. Students must have to submit the fee to confirm their admission before the last date. Students who have already enrolled have to submit the fee at the beginning of the new semester.
MA English Distance Education Best University
Students can pursue MA in English at the best universities in India. Several universities are offering this course in distance mode. The duration to complete the course is 2 years at every university but the fee may vary. IMTS Institute is also offering MA in English Distance Education. Students can fill out the form given above.
MA English Distance Education Admission Process
The admission process for MA English DDE will be based on online mode. Interested students can apply for admission by filling out the registration form with the correct details. Candidates must register with a valid email address and contact number. After successful registration, the counselor from IMTS Institute will contact the students.
A link to pay the MA fee along with all the information about the MA program will be sent to him/her. Please review the details carefully and pay the admission fee online to secure your seat at IMTS Institute.
MA English Distance Education Syllabus
An MA in English distance program is completed in 2 years as it is a post-graduate level. The course curriculum is spread over 4 semesters. The detailed structure is given below:
|Semester||Subject of Study|
Poetry I – From Chaucer to 17th Century
Drama I- Elizabethan and Jacobean Drama
Fiction I – Origins and Developments upto 18th Century
Indian Writing in English and in Translation
Elective Paper-I Classics in Translation
Poetry II – Eighteenth to Nineteenth Century
Drama II – Restoration to Twentieth Century
Fiction II – Nineteenth to Twentieth Century
English for Careers
English Language and Linguistics
Literary Criticism and Literary Theory
Literature, Analysis, Approaches and Copy Editing
Twentieth Century Poetry
Writings by and on Women
Introduction to Translation Studies
Research Methodology and Project Writing
English Literature for UGC NET/SET Examination
Scope of MA English Distance Learning
When a student gets to complete the MA English Distance Education course they get to look for a successful and bright career that will make them live their dreams. The students in this course are provided with the opportunity for improving their skills and knowledge for matching the level of competition that they are going to bear in their professional careers.
Completing a course MA English Distance Education provides the student’s opportunity to equip themselves with many skills such as critical thinking skills, analytical thinking skills, and to have a good command of the English language.
In addition to the completion of this course, completion of this course provides students with the opportunity to continue their education by completing a Ph.D. in English after getting their MA in English so that they are able to obtain positions such as English translator, journalist, teacher, etc.
MA in English is one of the most opted specializations in Masters of Arts courses. There are various job opportunities after completing MA in English distance education. The salary offered depends on the job designation as well as some other aspects like skills, experience, location, organization, etc. The starting salary remains between INR 3 LPA to INR 5 LPA. It may increase with experience.
Employment Area for MA English
Through the MA English course in distance learning, various employment areas get open for the candidates, they are as follows:
- TV & Media
- Translation Agencies
- Communications Industry
- Indian Civil Services
- Online Tutoring
- Publication Houses
- Advertising Industry
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Magazine or newspaper editor
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Language Translator
- IELTS Trainer
- English Editor
- English Teacher
- English Tutor
- Stenographer (English)
- Content Writer
- Content Trainer
- Junior Parliamentary Reporter (English)
- English Translator
- Customer Support Executive
- English Proof Reader
- Media Analyst
- English Language Specialist
Content Writer: English is one of the most widely used languages in the world. As a result, many businesses now have a greater need for English content writers. The pay that content authors receive is based on their abilities. In general, many businesses provide between Rs. 20,000 and 25,000 per month. With time and experience, the pay eventually rises.
Stenographer: After finishing the MA program in English with the distance method, candidates can apply for stenographer jobs. They can apply for government as well as private jobs. In the government sector, the salary structure is also good.
English Tutor: An MA in English graduate who completes programme through distance learning is qualified to serve as an English tutor in coaching facilities. English is gaining popularity as a representation of high standards and intelligent people. Graduates might receive a pay package ranging from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 5,000,000 depending on the job’s scope.
English Teacher: After completing the MA English Distance Education, students can become English teachers. In private schools, students can apply and after passing the interview they can join. For government schools, students need to pass NET/JRF and other exams to be eligible. They can get a decent salary package both in private and government institutions.
Customer Support Executive: A student can become a Customer Support Executive (CSE) after completing the MA English. Top employee recruiters want such candidates who have good English knowledge and communication skills.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)?
Ques: Is an MA English Distance Education degree or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans: Yes, MA English is approved by UGC, DEB, and AICTE.
Ques: Can students pay a fee in instalments?
Ans: Yes, Students can pay their fees in instalments, either semester-wise or year-wise.
Ques: What will be the examination mode?
Ans: Examination can be held in either offline or online mode at the concerned centers as per university rules.
Ques: What is the eligibility for pursuing MA English?
Ans: To get admission to MA English programme, students should have earned a bachelor’s degree from any UGC-approved university. A minimum of 50 percent marks are also required.
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|