MA in English Distance Education: MA in English is a 2-year degree that strengthens your reading, writing, and speaking skills in English. This course provides study works of famous writers, practice creative writing, and learn how to analyze literature. The eligibility is a bachelor’s degree with 40% marks. Many universities like NIILM, WC, and Subharti offer this program in distance mode so student can learn according to their flexibility. Fees range from ₹10,000 to ₹30,000 per year. Admissions to the MA in English program are open at IMTS Institute and the last date to apply is 10 March 2024. Apply Now
After completion, Students can work as an English teacher, editor, writer or translator. Build a bright career using your English language skills through this course. Master of Arts in English is the full form of MA English Distance Education and is basically a 2-year postgraduate course; this course is suitable for individuals who wish to pursue higher education in the English Language. To be eligible for MA English distance education, the candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 40% marks from a UGC-approved university. There are a number of universities that are currently accepting applications for MA English Distance programs; it is recommended that interested students complete the application process before 10 March 2024.
- Full Form: Master of Arts in English
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Bsc degree in any discipline
- Fee: INR 10,000 – 30,000 per year
- Subjects: Fiction, European literature, American literature, prose, poetry, literary criticism, English language.
- Career Opportunities: English Editor, English Teacher, English Tutor, Content Writer, English Translator
- Benefits: Affordable fees, and flexibility for working professionals.
- Specializations: English Literature and Language
- Popular Universities: NIILM University, WC University, Subharti University
- Admission Last Date: 10 March 2024
IMTS Institute offers Distance MA in English courses specifically designed for students who have completed their graduation in English or a relevant discipline. In these courses, students also study various types of stories and novels written by esteemed novelists and writers in the field of English literature.
Students who want to apply to the MA English Distance Education but need help to do so can make a call to IMTS Institute at 9210989898 for free admission counseling.
MA English Distance Education Latest Updates: (February 2024
- IIMTS Institute invites Students for applications for admission to MA English program for academic session 2024-25. Apply before the Last Date for admission of 10 March 2024. Apply Now
- Admission commenced at Subharti University for MA English course beginning 2024-25 academic year. Interested candidates should apply before the last date of 09 March 2024. Apply Now
- NIILM University Haryana has started the admission process for its MA English program for the 2024-25 academic session. Submit the application by 07 March 2024 Last Date for admission. Apply Now
- SKU University announces admission open for MA English course for 2024-25 academic year. 05 March 2024. Apply Now
- Mangalayatan University has opened admission for the MA English program for the academic session 2024-25. Candidates can apply before the continued last date of 06 March 2024. Apply Now
- William Carey University commenced admission for the MA English course for 2024-25 academic year. Apply before the Last Date for admission of 08 March 2024. Apply Now
MA English Distance Education Highlights
|Master of Arts in English
|Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
|UGC / DEB
|INR 10,000 per year
Is Distance MA English worth it?
MA English Distance Education is a popular postgraduate program that focuses on English literature, linguistics, drama, prose, and poetry. Students can choose a particular area of literature to specialize in this course because literature has a wide learning prospectus.
Definitely, the distance MA English course is an excellent study course because of its high demand in many fields.
- Skills: The most important skills in this course are communication skills that are both verbal and written, active listening along with a greater understanding of English literature.
- Time Flexibility: Enrolling in a distance course allows the candidates to study anytime or review the course as many times as they want and also to study on their own with schedules set accordingly, making this course is most flexible.
- Fee and Cost: An average fee for this distance MA English course varies from INR 10,000 a year in most colleges, making it an affordable study program at the master’s level.
- Earn While You Learn: As this MA English distance course is most flexible, it allows the learners to earn in the meantime and get the financial support that is mostly needed by many students who face difficulty in paying fees.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Why choosing MA English is the right choice? Key Features
Candidates may be enticed by seeing the benefits of the MA English distance education program in the following pointers.
- MA English Distance Education has covered almost every continent of the world in terms of sharing the development of the English language and Literature.
- Without the aid of a college or university professor, students who are interested in studying the English language and literature program in the distance learning mode can pursue and comprehend the chronology and works of Victorian, classical, Elizabethan, romantic, and other eras.
- However, those who need support may contact the course coordinator from Monday to Saturday during working hours.
- The cost-effectiveness, and flexible nature of the MA English distance education program majorly allured the students irrespective of their class.
- Students are not totally detached from the college even though they have opted for the distance learning program of Ma English. Admitted students— as per their wish— can attend offline/online PCP classes on the weekends.
- The MA English open and distance learning postgraduate degree is equivalent to the regular or online learning program. Future career options are made possible by the approval of UGC.
MA English Distance Education program is offered at numerous universities throughout the world, and students who believe that this is all they need to know about it need to get ready to learn more about it in greater detail from the following sections of this article.
MA English Distance Education Admission
IMTS Institute offering admission to the UGC-DEB-approved MA English distance education programme for the academic year session 2024. One can register for admission or book a counselling session by filling out the registration form which is attached to this article. For admission to the MA English programme candidates should have passed BA English or Equivalent undergraduate degree with at least 45% marks.
Students who are interested in enrolling in the MA English courses should check their eligibility before applying for admission. The course is very popular among students who want to build their careers in teaching, translation and outbound telly calling. Admission to MA in English courses in distance mode will be accepted based on their previous marks in the UG degree.
IMTS Institute: Online Reputation is Remarkable
It is very satisfactory experience so far. I must mention your service department and Mr Adarsh. Ms Pooja also never fails to respond to my queries. I am very happy and have high hope that I will remain satisfied after competition of course.
Very nice experience for taking admission in MA history. All my questions have been answered regarding my admission and examinations, the study material is good to, The support team at IMTS does a good job helping students in their academics.
My recent course with Distance Learning Centre is an absolute joy. I was a little nervous about taking the plunge and enrolling. I need not have been. The course itself was clear and excellently facilitated. Both the course leader and my team at IMTS were supportive, enthusiastic and encouraging. A huge thank you for such a support and being communicative…
Thanks for the service team for their excellent work. The service team is very helpful… The service department is responding very quickly and being responsible whenever I contact them regarding studies and doubts…!!
MA English Distance Education Application Form
To get more information about admission to the Master of Arts in English through distance learning mode, candidates can fill out the application form of IMTS Institute attached above. After filling in the personal details such as name, course name, and Date of birth, they will get verification and confirmation calls where they can ask their queries.
MA English Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the MA English Distance Education must meet certain requirements. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the MA in English Distance Education.
- This course can be pursued by students who have studied graduation in a relevant stream and it will be preferred if they have a BA English degree.
- No entry of students is based on the entrance exam as the admission is directly based on previous exam marks that are required to be 35% minimum.
- IMTS Institute provides direct admission into MA English courses.
MA English Distance Education Fees
The average fee for the MA English program through distance learning costs an amount of Rs 10,000 per year. The fee will include all charges like tuition fees, exam fees, identity card fees, etc. Students must have to submit the fee to confirm their admission before the last date. Students who have already enrolled have to submit the fee at the beginning of the new semester.
- IMTS Institute offers an MA English distance learning course at an average fee range of Rs 10,000* per annum.
- The per semester fee charge for the MA English programme at WCU Institute is Rs 5000*/-
- The tuition fee for the MA English course at Mangalayatan University is Rs 8,500* per year.
- The annual tuition fee charged by Subharti University for a BA English distance learning course is Rs 12,000*/-
MA English Distance Education Best University
Students can pursue an MA in English at the best universities in India. Several universities are offering this course in distance mode. The duration to complete the course is 2 years at every university but the fee may vary. IMTS Institute is also offering an MA in English Distance Education. Students can fill out the form given above.
Some of the popular universities for distance MA English courses are WC University, Subharti University, Mangalayatan University, and Sri Krishna University. These universities offer online admission to eligible students. One can get admission without any entrance exam.
Students can enrol in the MA English course at any of these universities after completing the eligibility criteria. These are the best universities for the course and offering quality education.
MA English Distance Education Admission Process
The admission process for MA English DDE will be based on the score of candidate in the last qualifying examination. Interested students can apply for admission by filling out the registration form with the correct details. Candidates must register with a valid email address and contact number. After successful registration, the counselor from IMTS Institute will contact the students.
A link to pay the MA fee along with all the information about the MA program will be sent to him/her. Please review the details carefully and pay the admission fee online to secure your seat at IMTS Institute.
MA English Distance Education Syllabus
An MA in English distance program is completed in 2 years as it is a post-graduate level. The course curriculum is spread over four semesters. During this duration, a candidate gets advanced knowledge of English by studying various core subjects such as poetry, drama, fiction, Indian writing in English and translation, American literature, English for career, film studies, translation studies, research methodologies, etc. The detailed structure is given below:
|Subject of Study
Poetry I – From Chaucer to 17th Century
Drama I- Elizabethan and Jacobean Drama
Fiction I – Origins and Developments upto 18th Century
Indian Writing in English and in Translation
Elective Paper-I Classics in Translation
Poetry II – Eighteenth to Nineteenth Century
Drama II – Restoration to Twentieth Century
Fiction II – Nineteenth to Twentieth Century
English for Careers
English Language and Linguistics
Literary Criticism and Literary Theory
Literature, Analysis, Approaches, and Copy Editing
Twentieth Century Poetry
Writings by and on Women
Introduction to Translation Studies
Research Methodology and Project Writing
English Literature for UGC NET/SET Examination
Scope of MA English Distance Learning
When a student gets to complete the MA English Distance Education course they get to look for a successful and bright career that will make them live their dreams. The students in this course are provided with the opportunity to improve their skills and knowledge to match the level of competition that they are going to bear in their professional careers.
Completing a course MA English Distance Education provides the student’s opportunity to equip themselves with many skills such as critical thinking skills, analytical thinking skills, and to have a good command of the English language.
In addition to the completion of this course, completion of this course provides students with the opportunity to continue their education by completing a Ph.D. in English after getting their MA in English so that they are able to obtain positions such as English translator, journalist, teacher, etc.
MA in English is one of the most opted specializations in Masters of Arts courses. There are various job opportunities after completing an MA in English distance education. The salary offered depends on the job designation as well as some other aspects like skills, experience, location, organization, etc. The starting salary remains between INR 3 LPA to INR 5 LPA. It may increase with experience.
Employment Area for MA English
Through the MA English Distance education, various employment areas get open for the candidates, they are as follows:
- TV & Media
- Translation Agencies
- Communications Industry
- Indian Civil Services
- Online Tutoring
- Publication Houses
- Advertising Industry
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Magazine or newspaper editor
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Language Translator
- IELTS Trainer
- English Editor
- English Teacher
- English Tutor
- Stenographer (English)
- Content Writer
- Content Trainer
- Junior Parliamentary Reporter (English)
- English Translator
- Customer Support Executive
- English Proof Reader
- Media Analyst
- English Language Specialist
Content Writer: English is one of the most widely used languages in the world. As a result, many businesses now have a greater need for English content writers. The pay that content authors receive is based on their abilities. In general, many businesses provide between Rs. 20,000 and 25,000 per month. With time and experience, the pay eventually rises.
Stenographer: After finishing the MA program in English with the distance method, candidates can apply for stenographer jobs. They can apply for government as well as private jobs. In the government sector, the salary structure is also good.
English Tutor: An MA in English graduate who completes program through distance learning is qualified to serve as an English tutor in coaching facilities. English is gaining popularity as a representation of high standards and intelligent people. Graduates might receive a pay package ranging from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 5,000,000 depending on the job’s scope.
English Teacher: After completing the MA English Distance Education, students can become English teachers. In private schools, students can apply and after passing the interview they can join. For government schools, students need to pass NET/JRF and other exams to be eligible. They can get a decent salary package both in private and government institutions.
Customer Support Executive: A student can become a Customer Support Executive (CSE) after completing the MA English Distance Education. Top employee recruiters want candidates who have good English knowledge and communication skills.
English Translator: After completion of the MA English distance education course, a student can work as an English Language translator. It is a good job at present, as the scope of language translators increased rapidly in India in the last few years. The salary package for English translators is also good.
Magazine or Newspaper Editor: Several news agencies are hiring MA English degree holders for the post of Magazine Editor. Students can apply for the post after completing the degree from any UGC-approved university. One can build his/her career in Journalism with this degree.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)?
Ques: Is an MA English Distance Education degree or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans: Yes, MA English is approved by UGC, DEB, and AICTE.
Ques: Can students pay a fee in installments?
Ans: Yes, Students can pay their fees in installments, either semester-wise or year-wise.
Ques: What will be the examination mode?
Ans: Examination can be held in either offline or online mode at the concerned centers as per university rules.
Ques: What is the eligibility for pursuing MA in English?
Ans: To get admission to the MA English program, students should have earned a bachelor’s degree from any UGC-approved university. A minimum of 50% marks are also required.
Ques: Who is eligible for MA English?
Ans: Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks from a recognized university. It may vary from university to university.