Master Of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Admission: Distance Master of Occupational Therapy is a two-year professional program. An undergraduate degree in occupational therapy is required to apply for admission to this course. In distance mode, it gives a flexible schedule to a candidate. So they can study at their own peace of time.
Admission Process: Access to this program is based on entrance tests or merit. The Master of Occupation Therapy fee varies from year to year. So, candidates must check the fee details before registering for the course.
Graduates can work as a counselor, occupational therapy assistants, teachers, researchers, professors, community or mental health specialists, etc. Initial salary ranges from INR 2.7 to 7.9 LPA, depending on expertise and talent.
- Course Full Form: Masters in Occupational Therapy.
- Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy with a minimum of 50% marks is required for those interested in pursuing an MOT degree. Admission for this PG program in OT is merit/entrance based.
- Duration: Minimum duration for completing MOT is 2 years.
- Fee: Overall average fee for this Distance MOT program is between INR 50,000 to INR 85,000 per year.
- Career-wise: Professionals with Master’s in OT can get various jobs like Occupational Therapist, CHE, Professor, etc.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Highlights
|Course/Full-Form of MOT||Master Of Occupational Therapy|
|Course fee||INR 50,000 to INR 85,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2 to INR 10 Lakhs|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Is Distance Masters of Occupational Therapy worth it?
It is worth studying for a master’s degree in Occupational Therapy at a distance mode, and it is recommended to be studied at a known institute.
- Skills: The most common skills, such as analytical skills, critical thinking, active listening, interpersonal skills, multitasking, and others, can be learned from this course.
- Time Flexibility: Distance courses are best known for their flexibility in terms of time; this is because the candidates in such courses are allowed to prepare a schedule accordingly and choose when to study and How to study.
- Fee and Cost: An approximate cost for this course is about INR 50,000 to INR 85,000 per annum, which is a reasonable amount that many students can pay, and thus they can complete their studies.
- Earn While You Learn: Most of the candidates working to support their needs in life can benefit from this course by completing higher studies and doing the task of earning simultaneously.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS Institute admission is going on for the Master of occupational therapy program. Students can apply and submit application form at the official website. Admission to a Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education is offered either based on an entrance test or based on merit. In an entrance exam, a total score from the applicant’s test score is created.
- Students who plan to obtain a master’s degree in occupational therapy may hold a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor’s degree must be in physiotherapy from a recognized college or university with a minimum score of 50 percent.
- Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education or MOT is a course completed in 02 years. It is a PG-level professional course.
- The OT theories help treat physically or mentally disabled persons. It also helps emotionally challenged people. To recover from injury or disease, MOT includes professional guiding methods. Students by these methods learn to be a therapist enabled to deal with different patients.
- Some subjects in the syllabus are the Application of OT in rehabilitation, OT in mental health, OT in physical dysfunctions, etc.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Eligibility
MSc Occupation Therapy: MSc Occupation Therapy is a master’s level degree programme in Occupation Therapy. The programme takes 2 years of duration to complete. Candidates must have a BSc/Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subjects with at least 45-50% marks to apply for this programme.
- Students desiring to study this course have to meet the eligibility criteria. The criterion says a student must have a BSc in Occupational Therapy. The lowest required score is 50% or above.
- Admission is based on a merit list. In the case of value, the authority only considers the UG marks.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Fees
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Admission is mandatory to pay the registration fee first. After the registration, all the documents such as academic and personal are verified. Once it is confirmed that the documents are authentic then, applicants are instructed to pay the fee online. The average tuition fee for a distance Master of Occupational Therapy is about INR 50,000 to INR 85,000 per year.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Salary Offered
An Individual Student with a master’s degree in occupational therapy can earn a decent salary package after completing the course. The average annual salary of the students ranges from INR 2 to INR 10 Lakhs. There are various job sectors and areas in which students can make their careers. They can earn a decent salary by working in organizations like NGOs, Nursing homes, hospitals, health centers, community health centers, special schools, Defense Services, mental health services, rehabilitation centers, and more.
The job positions available to graduates of this program are diverse and may include roles such as an occupational therapist, community health specialist, researcher, mental health specialist, counselor, teacher, and professor.
Master Of Occupational Therapy Distance Learning Syllabus
|Subjects of Study|
|Anatomy & Physiology||Occupational Therapy Management|
|Treatment Approaches and Models in OT||OT in Neurosciences|
|OT in General Conditions||Advanced OT in Pediatrics|
|OT Intervention in Orthopedics and Neurology Conditions||OT in Mental Health|
|Occupational Therapy Intervention in Pediatrics||Advanced OT in Orthopedics|
|Occupational Therapy in Mental Health||Advanced OT in Cardio-Respiratory Conditions|
|OT in Cardio-Respiratory Conditions||Advanced OT in hand Therapy|
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Scope
A broad scope is out there for candidates who have completed a Master of Occupational Therapy through distance learning. Candidates will get various opportunities in different sectors. They can work in Government & Private Hospitals, Nursing homes, Health Centres, etc. They can easily earn about INR 2 to INR 10 Lakhs. They can pursue further academics like a PhD. They can apply for jobs abroad as well.
Master’s in Occupational Therapy Distance Learning in India
In India, students can pursue a Master of Occupation Therapy course after completion of a BSc/Bachelors’ degree in the relevant field with 45-50% marks. Several popular govt and private institutes offer admission to this master’s degree program on the basis of entrance exam/merit. IMTS institute offers a Distance Master in occupational therapy in India. Students can apply for admission to fill out the form above for other required details. This course is also known as Physical Therapy and is designed to cure and rehabilitate mentally, emotionally, and physically, challenged people.
Master of Occupational Therapy Distance Education Jobs
Occupational therapy graduates have many job options after completing a Master’s degree in distance learning. It depends on the job designation and how the salary is structured. Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Supervisors, Assistants, Caretakers, Social Workers, etc., are among the jobs available. There is a range of salaries between INR 2 to INR 10 Lakhs for a starting job. In the same field, one can pursue a Ph.D. after completing this degree.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: In India, is occupational therapy in demand?
Ans: In India, we only have about half the number of occupational therapists we need. The same applies to foreign countries as well. OTs are in short supply in 46 countries.
Ques 2: Is there a master’s in OT?
Ans: Postgraduates with master’s degrees in occupational therapy can develop therapeutic regimes for assisting people with physical injuries or mental illnesses. There are three levels of education in occupational therapy MSc, PGDip, and PGCert.
Ques 3: What is the salary of an MSc Occupation therapist?
Ans: A candidate with an MSc Occupation Therapy degree can expect to earn between INR 2 to INR 10 Lakhs.