B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education: Admission to a 3-year duration course BSc Hons Botany Distance education is open at IMTS Institute for the upcoming 2024 session. Interested students need to pay between INR 22,000 to INR 48,000 per year fee to pursue a bachelor of science honours in botany program. 12th from a recognized board of Senior Secondary Education is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to this UG degree program. Apply before the deadline of 29 February 2024 @www.imtsinstitute.com to secure your admission seat for the upcoming 2024 session.
Bachelor of Science in Botany honours course provided the complete learning and training knowledge in plant forms, geographical distribution or taxonomy of flora, molecular genetics, seed biology, biotechnology, and cell, with uncommon and special reference to the Indian environment, forestry, ecology, and commodities.
In this article, students check the online admission process, fees, and eligibility for Distance B.Sc Hons botany, given below.
Latest Update: Fill out the form to get any information related to the course. IMTS Institute provides all the information related to the course or admission.
MSc Electronics Distance Admission Updates (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute invites applications for admission to BSC Hons Botany for the 2024-25 academic session. Submit before the extended deadline of 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Admission commenced at Mangalayatan University for BSC Hons Botany for 2024-25. The eligible candidates must complete the application by 27 February 2024.
- NIILM University has opened admissions for BSC Hons Botany beginning 2024-25. The application deadline is extended to 28 February 2024.
- William Carey University invites interested candidates to apply for admission to BSC Hons Botany for 2024 before 27 February 2024.
- Subharti University has started the admission process for BSC Hons Botany for the 2024-25 academic session. The last date to apply is extended to 28 February 2024.
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Highlights
|B.Sc Hons Botany
|INR 22,000 to INR 48,000 / Year
|Intermediate/12th Examination from a recognized school board in science streams
|Online / Offline
|UGC / DEB
Why Distance BSc Hons Botany?
Botany is the branch of science that deals with the structure of plants, their places of growth, their classification, etc. Students study in the course the structure, growth, development, and metabolism of a wide range of biological disciplines.
Students enrolled in the B.Sc Hons botany distance education program gain knowledge about plant forms, geographical distribution, taxonomy of flora, cytogenetics, molecular genetics, and biotechnology. There are six semesters in the program, and the course lasts three years.
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Admission 2024
The maximum duration for this degree program is three years. The admission mode for this degree program is offered through online mode. The main subjects included in this degree program are Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant breeding, Algae, fungus, etc. The main focus of this degree program is on the study of plants, fungi, and much more.
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Eligibility
- B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education can be gained by anyone who has passed their 12th class level education from any recognized board.
- A student must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their major subjects in the 12th class.
- An aggregate of a minimum of 50 percent marks is required for admission.
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Fee
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance course fees range from Rs 22,000 to Rs 48,000 per year. Fees also differ from university to university. For accurate information, students should call the above-mentioned contact number. Counsellors are available from 10 AM to 6 PM on working days. The staff will assist you in getting the latest information about the program.
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Admission Process
Students can take admission through online mode at @www.imtsinstitute.com. The following is the process to apply:
How to Apply
- To apply for admission to the B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education program, one must fill out the above application form.
- After submitting the form, our expert counsellor will reach out to you directly, informing you all about the course.
- For document verification and registration fee submission, a link will be sent to the registered mobile or email address.
Distance B.Sc Hons Botany Syllabus
|Subjects of Study
|Humanities and Social Science (FHS)
|Science and Technology (FST)
|Elective Honours Courses
|Subjects of Study
|Microbiology and Algae
|Fungi, Lichen & Plant Pathology
|Plant Anatomy & Applied Botany
|Practical Botany I
|Bryophyte & Pteridophyte, Gymnosperm & Palaeobotany
|Morphology & Embryology, Taxonomy
|Practical Botany II
|Environmental Botany, Plant Geography
|Plant Bio-Chemistry, Plant Molecular Biology
|Practical Botany III
|Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics
|Biometry and Plant Breeding, Plant tissue culture
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Course Suitability
- Those candidates who are interested in biology and want to make their career in the field of plant science are most suitable for the course.
- The candidates should know how to work under the microscope as they have to work in the laboratory for most of the time.
- The candidates should also know how to operate the computer systems as in modern times the role of the computer helps a lot in the analysis of the sample under test.
How is B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Course Beneficial?
- The course gives the candidates a good base for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D., and M.Phil.
- The candidates can also opt master’s degree programs in the following specializations Like Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Toxicology, etc.
- After passing the master’s course they become eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/ college.
- There are various job opportunities in front of the candidates after successfully passing the course.
Employment Areas After B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education
- Environmental Management Units
- Biotechnology Firms
- Fermentation Industries (including Breweries)
- Colleges/Universities Agricultural Research Services
- Cosmetic Companies
- Botanical Survey Centres
- Farm Management Organizations
- Floriculture Sector
- Food and Herbal Industry
- Food Institutes
- Plant Gene
- Herbal Products Companies
- Horticulture Companies
- Medical Research Centres
- Lumber and Paper Companies
- Seed and Nursery Companies
- National Parks
- Medical Laboratories
- Research and Development Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Testing Laboratories
Job Profile for Graduates After B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education
- Environment Consultant
- Biological Technician
- Conservationist Botanist
- Ethnos Botanist
- Farming Consultant
- Forest Ranger
- Nursery Manager
- Molecular Biologist
- Plant Biochemist
- Plant Pathologist
- Plant Explorer
- Plant Researcher
- Weed Scientist
B.Sc Hons Botany Distance Education Salary in India
Graduates of B.Sc. Hons. Botany Distance Education can work in crop consulting, resource management, cosmetics, herbal medicine, and other fields. After getting a distance B.Sc. Hons. Botany degree graduates can work for both state and private companies.
In India, people who get a B.Sc. Hons. in Botany through distance education earn an average income of INR 5.1 LPA. BSc Botany graduates get paid different amounts based on their education, experience, skills, location, job profile, and work area. Graduates’ salaries can go up as they get more skills and knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Who is eligible for BSc Hons botany?
Ans: Students who have completed their 12th class in science stream from any recognized board. A minimum of 50 percent marks is also required for admission.
Ques: Is BSc Hons botany worth it?
Ans: Yes, for students who have completed their 12th class with biology as a subject can pursue BSc Hons Botany course. It is worth for them. They can become botanist after completing the course.