BA Home Science Distance Education Admission: BA Home Science is a 3-year undergraduate-level distance learning program in the domain of home science. The eligibility criteria require passing the 12th standard in any stream with a minimum of 35% marks. The average annual course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to 30,000 at different institutes. IMTS Institute offers this program through distance education till the deadline of 04 March 2024.
The curriculum covers nutrition, resource management, human development, textiles, communication etc. This Bachelor of Arts in Home Science degree is approved by UGC and DEB for distance mode. The average starting salary for graduates is around Rs. 3.5 – Rs. 7.5 lakhs per annum. Other similar online/distance learning programs are BA English, BA Social Work, BA Political Science etc.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Arts in Home Science
- Duration: BA Home Science is a three-year curriculum that studies home living. Home management, food nutrition, sociology, rural development, physiology, arts, textiles, family relationships, civil development, clothing, and more are taught in the course.
- Eligibility: This course requires 35% from a recognized 12th board. Preliminary exam scores determine course admission.
- Fee: BA Home Science Distance Education cost is INR 10,000 each year.
Career Wise: BA in Home Science prepares students for careers in Food Science, Resource Management, etc. Graduates can work as Interior Designers, Nutrition Consultants, Resource Managers, and more. Graduates earn between INR 3,50,000 LPA to INR 7,50,000 LPA.
Latest Admission Updates: (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute invites Students for applications for BA Home Science Distance for the 2024-25 session. Apply before 04 March 2024. Apply Now
- Limited seats for BA Home Science Distance at Subharti University for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply by 01 March 2024.
- NIILM University Haryana announces BA Home Science Distance admission for 2024-25. Submit applications before the Last Date for admission of 01 March 2024.
- SKU University opens BA Home Science Distance admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. The last date is 02 March 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences BA Home Science Distance admission for the 2024-25 session. Apply before 02 March 2024.
- William Carey University invites Students for applications for the BA Home Science Distance program for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply before 04 March 2024.
BA Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Bachelor of Arts in Home Science
|12th degree with 35%
|INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per year
|Online / Offline
|UGC / DEB Level
|Rs.3.5 – 7.5 L per annum
|Other Similar courses
|BA English, BA Social Work, BA Pol Science
Why BA Home Science Distance Learning?
The best thing about the BA Home Science Distance Education is that students of any stream can pursue this course. Mostly arts students prefer to learn the course and if we go for deep analysis, we can see the number of students is increasing as the course covers the personal and professional requirements of an individual.
IMTS is offering this course in distance mode. Students who have started working with any organization or can not attend regular classes because of any reason can opt for BA Home Science Distance Learning. The institute is providing the whole study material including printed/online and recorded videos to the student.
Distance BSc Home Science enhances a student with the study of family & child development, textile & clothing, nutrition, healthy diet, etc. After completion of this course, a candidate will be able to work as a cook/Chief, teacher, health care worker, hospital attendant, etc., and expect to earn between INR 3 to 7 LPA at beginning.
Is Distance BA Home Science Worth it?
BA Home Science distance education is worth it because it has a great scope in national and international organizations, NGOs, research development authorities, and so on. students can go through the article for complete information. It has good career opportunities with good salary growth.
- Skills: Multiple skills can be acquired by studying BA Home Science Distance Education, such as observational, communication, critical analysis, decision-making, problem-solving skills, giving reasonable arguments, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: This course carries multiple advantages where; time flexibility is its major advantage because it makes the students relaxed in deciding where, when, and how to study with a preferred schedule.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of studying a distance BA Home Science course is INR 10,000 per year, which is the most reasonable and affordable for students with having lower financial background.
- Earn While You Learn: Candidates are getting various perks of this course where the enrolled students are also doing professional jobs and earning good and getting experience.
- Digital classes: In online classes, students learn different subjects like Product economics, home expenditure management, etc.
Key Features of BA Home Science Distance Learning
- BA Home Science Distance Education course teaches the students to make better their lifestyle in every aspect including clothing, childcare, health, food, personality development, and so on.
- Students can now pursue this course in online and distance learning modes. Most students choose distance learning because of the perks this learning provides.
- Its time duration in the distance mode is almost equal to 3 years where minor changes in it can occur based on students’ interests and at a minimum it has 6 semesters.
- For taking admission to this course there is no specific national or state entrance exam and the admissions are made directly.
- For this course, approval has been taken from UGC and DEB in order to provide it with equal value as the regular courses have.
BA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2024
The admission process for Distance BA Home Science is ongoing at IMTS Institute for session 2024. The course admission will be given through a direct method, no entrance exam will be conducted. It is a top-rated course in arts, many universities offer bachelor’s degree Home Science programs in distance learning mode. The students can apply for this BA Home Science Distance Education program online.
The application for must be submitted before the admission deadline. To secure admission to BA Home Science course in distance mode students must satisfy the eligibility requirements. Below in the article, the eligibility criteria are given. students can check their eligibility.
BA Home Science Distance Education Application Form
IMTS Institute has opened application forms for the academic session 2024 for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Home Science. The application form can be found on the official website, where students can fill it out. As a student, you must make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements of the institute before filling out an application form.
Different universities/institutes serve the distance education course BA Home Science at different fee ranges. It depends on the university’s reputation, curriculum, and faculties provided by the university. IMTS Institute offered this course at a very low cost for the convenience of students at the fee range of approx Rs. 10,000/- per year.
Distance BA Home Science Eligibility Criteria
- There is a requirement for candidates to acquire at least a level of 12th learning from a recognized institute.
- Their marks in the last degree are mandatory to be more than the average percentage.
- Any subject in the previous studies will not affect the choice for this course.
BA Home Science Distance Education Admission Process
A very common procedure is there for all students to apply to BA Home Science.
- IMTS website is to be visited by applicants in the first step.
- Fill in the details, attach documents, and submit the form to complete registration.
- There is another option to contact the IMTS admission counselor.
- Through the counselor, you will have to pay the fee via a link that the counselor sends.
- It will let your form be filled out directly and registered automatically.
- After completion of the process, an email will be there in your inbox about confirmation.
Documents require for BA Home Science Distance Education Admission
It is very important to have all the required documents to complete the admission process documents are as follows:
- 10+2 Certificates
- Date of birth (DOB) certificate
- Caste certificate
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- Passport size Photo
BA Home Science Distance Education Subjects List
|Home Science Extension
|Family Resource Management
|Diet Therapy I
|Diet Therapy II
|Applied Physical Science
|Customer Products Safety & Legislation
|Fundamentals of Sociology: Social and Culture
Advanced Home Science Extension & Communication
BA Home Science Distance Education In India
The course is much popular among students in India. Students who have arts backgrounds choose this course. Several universities/institutes in India are offering the course in distance mode. IMTS Institute is one of the most popular institutes for distance education. Students can apply for the course online.
in India, The course is available in distance mode. UGC-DEB has approved the course. Students do not need to attend classes on a regular basis like in regular mode. One can complete the course from anywhere in India.
Students from several states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Haryana, Delhi, UP, MP, and Gujarat are enrolling in the course with the highest number. The distance mode of education is providing a golden opportunity for working professionals who can not attend classes in physical mode.
BA Home Science Distance Education Scope
Students can get jobs in various Employment areas such as Hospitals, Hotels, Manufacturing Industries, Textile Businesses, Tourist Resorts, Food Industries, Commercial Restaurants, Cafeterias, Fashion Journalism, Dress Making Shops, Apparel Merchandising Companies, Community Development Programs, Fashion Designing Companies, Consultancy, and Counselling Centres, etc.
The advanced courses to learn after BA in Home Science are MA in Home Science, MBA, and other PG Diploma in home science.
BA Home Science Distance Education Job Areas
|Consultancy and Counselling Centres
|Apparel Merchandising Companies
|Fashion Designing Companies
|Community Development Programs
BA Home Science Distance Education Job Types
Students got various job opportunities in the Private sector and Government sector after this distance learning course. They have a chance to work in different job profiles after the course. Some of the job profiles are given below after completing the BA course.
|Baby Care Taker
|Child Care Giver
|Health Care Worker
BA Home Science Distance Education Top Job Salary
- Home Economist – INR 3-7 LPA
- Nutritionist – INR 3-7 LPA
- Sports Dietician – INR 5 LPA
- Production Industry – INR 4-7 LPA
- Health Educator – INR 3.5-7.5 LPA
BA Home Science Distance Education Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Question 1: Is a BA Home Science Distance Education Degree valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Answer: Yes, the Degree offered by these Universities are Approved for study in India, Abroad also other countries of the world.
Question 2: Can students pay fees in instalments?
Answer: Yes, Students can pay their fees in instalments either semester-wise or Year wise.
Question 3: What will be the examination mode?
Answer: An examination can be held in either offline or Online mode at the concerned centers as per university rules.