BSc Electronics Distance Education: BSc Electronics is a specialized course offered for admission for students with an interest in electronics and the science field. It is an undergraduate degree that focuses on the study of electrical components, including diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. It is a technical learning program that can be taught only in regular learning mode.
The six-semester BSc Electronics program is supported by a variety of core, elective, and practice-focused subjects like electronic devices, applied quantum mechanics, microcontrollers and microprocessors, numerical analysis, digital and analogue electronics, etc.
As far as the Distance BSc Electronics course is concerned, the admission process is based on a merit list system. A short list of students is drawn up by the university after comparing the scores of students on the preliminary exam and the previous qualifying exam.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Electronics
- Eligibility: Having eligibility means you have completed the 12th-level examination, particularly in the discipline of Science. The students will not have to appear in any admission exam and just 50% are thereby mandatory to obtain in 10+2.
- Duration: This course will have a completion span of three years.
- Fee: The cost of pursuing a BSc Electronics course in distance mode is approx. Rs. 30,000 per annum.
- Career-wise: These graduates have job options of electronics technician, service engineer, site maintenance technician, etc. A good salary amount of INR 2-10 LPA is earned by them.
Is BSc Electronics distance education valid in India?
The BSc Electronics program is not taught in distance learning mode in India. UGC-DEB & ACITE does not give permission to offer this course in distance mode. Because the course curriculum is based on practical classes which is not pursue via distance learning mode.
BSc Electronics Course Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Electronics|
|Eligibility||10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as main subjects|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||INR 30,000 per year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Key Features of BSc Electronics
- The average course fee for BSc Electronics is INR 30,000 per year.
- BSc Electronics deals with vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits.
- After doing a BSc in Electronics, students can go for higher education in the same field & can pursue, an MSc in Electronics, an M.Tech in Electronics, and other post-graduation degrees.
- Online admission mode is also available for this BSc Electronics course.
- The basic eligibility for this distance BSc Electronics course is students must have passed the 10+2 examination & studied physics, chemistry & mathematics as main subjects.
Why Choose BSc Electronics?
A BSc in Electronics program is always a tempting option in the science and technology field of professional education. Some advantages of the BSc Electronics degree program are marked below.
- The BSc degree program is a skill-oriented course that helps its students become experts in electronics, quantum, and related fields with the aid of a strong curriculum.
- Students during the course are encouraged to put theoretical knowledge into practice in the specific training arena of the university or college.
- The BSc degree program in electronics in the contemporary world is one of the most alluring programs since it is not possible to have a world without the influence of electronics and its related subjects.
- Nearly 30 to 35 educational institutions, or universities, in India, offer the BSc Electronics degree program along with career guidance and ideal placement opportunities, preventing students from having to look for employment on their own.
Is BSc Electronics Worth it?
An electronics degree has a great scope in the modern world. Doing this BSc degree in distance mode can be worth it if you learn it from the most prominent science college in the country.
- Skills: This bachelor’s degree in electronics can provide you with skills in circuit analysis, electronic device repairing skills, communication skills, software analyzing skills, computer programming skills, and research skills.
- Time Flexibility: Distance learning for the BSc in Electronics enables students to plan their time around other commitments. You have the freedom to choose the times and days of your classes.
- Fee and cost: In comparison to regular learning, the cost of studying BSc electronics through remote learning is very low. The academic fee for this distance education course is approximately Rs. 30,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Distance education has the advantage of time flexibility; through this benefit, you can also avail another advantage, and that is job advantage. You can do a job along with the study of distance BSc Electronics.
BSc Electronics Distance Education Admission 2023?
University Grant Commission(UGC) DEB does not approve any university/institute to offer admission to the BSc Electronics program in distance learning mode. This program is not taught in distance mode because it requires practical classes. Eligible candidates can apply for the program at IMTS Institute only in a regular mode of learning.
As soon as students complete the enrollment process they are elected directly by the IMTS Institute for admission based on their previous examination scores. Students will only be able to register their names for admission via online mode as the institution is not accepting any offline applications.
Students can apply for admission before the last date. The institute is accepting applications for admission to BSc in Electronics from eligible students only. The eligibility criteria are given below and students can check their eligibility according to parameters.
BSc Electronics Eligibility Criteria
A student must meet these general requirements before starting a Bachelor of Science in Electronics. A BSc in Electronics is only for people who meet these guidelines.
- One needs to have passed your 10+2 with PCM subjects from a certification board to get a job.
- The grade point average for the 10+2 exams must be at least 50%.
- As a result, it is very important that candidates appearing for these entrance exams possess a solid grasp of Physics and Mathematics since most of the difficult questions are asked only from these two subjects.
BSc Electronics Fees
- It is mandatory to pay the admission fee through online gateways. There are many online platforms such as Net Banking, Demand Draft, etc.
- IMTS keeps on changing its admission fee. New applicants must take updates about the new fee structure for the academic session 2023.
- The average fee for BSc Electronics in distance education is INR 30,000 per year.
Application Form for BSc Electronics
The application form for the BSc Electronics distance education course can be found above in this article. It is important to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application. Make sure all the details are filled out according to the educational certificates, this is crucial to being contacted correctly.
Documents Required for BSc Electronics
There are some documents that are necessary to get admission to BSc Electronics Distance Education. The list of documents is given below:
- Class 10th Report Card & Certificate
- Class 12th Result and Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Address Proof
- Recently Captured Passport Size Photo
B.Sc Electronics Distance Education In India
The curriculum of the B.Sc Electronics program is based on practical classes, which is not possible to conduct in distance learning mode. Therefore, the University Grants Commission Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB) and AICTE do not permit any University/College/Institute in India to offer admission to B.Sc Electronics program in distance education mode.
Therefore, candidates looking for admission to B.Sc Electronics distance learning in India should give up this idea and apply for the program in a regular mode of learning. You can apply for this program in any university in India, it does not matter whether the student is from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, etc.
BSc Electronics Syllabus
The Bachelor of Science program in Electronics is covered over a duration of 3 years. The subjects are taught in detail and comprehensively. Various aspects related to electronics are covered in a total of 6 semesters, each of 6 months. The subjects that students study in the BSc Electronics program are discussed below:
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|Fundamentals of Electronics II||Audio Production||DTP|
|Personal Computer Computing I||Environmental Studies II||
Web Designing Development Lab
|Fundamentals of Electronics I||Environmental Studies I||
Principle of Journalism
|Personal Computer Computing II||Electronic Communication I||
|English||Advance Photo Techniques||
|–||Digital Electronics I||
Web Designing Development
|–||Digital Electronics II||Videography|
|–||Relational Database Management System||Seminars|
|–||Electronic Communication II||–|
Scope of BSc Electronics
After completing a BSc in electronics, Students have a choice of whether they can go for the job or they can go for higher studies. If they want to do higher study that will be beneficial for their career and knowledge. The consumer electronics goods market is growing rapidly, making India one of the most sought-after investment destinations in the world. Display technologies are currently one of India’s major exports. As we all know in India there is a massive demand for electronics, and because of that graduates will find better jobs.
BSc Electronics Jobs
BSc Electronics has a broad scope and is not restricted to one particular industry. It is in demand in various sectors across the country, depending on the industry. The following are some possible career paths for graduates of the BSc Electronics program:
- Service Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Technical Director
- Field Test Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Research & Development Software Engineer
BSc Electronics Govt Jobs
After completing the BSc Electronics through distance mode of education, students can apply for various govt jobs. They have to qualify the exams like SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, SSC MTS, NDA, and many other civil services exams. These govt jobs can provide a better salary package and other accommodation. Students can secure their job posts after clearing the entrance exams.
BSc Electronics Salary
The average BSc Electronics salary in India ranges between INR 2 LPA to INR 10 LPA. After completing this degree in distance education, graduates will be able to work in various job areas which allows them to earn an initial annual salary of Rs 2 Lakh per annum which can go up to Rs 10 Lakhs per annum.
BSc Electronics degree holders can get a higher package after gaining experience of 1 or more than one year in the same field. Students can get promotions, salary hikes, and facilities in the same organization also.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ans- Yes, BSc. Electronics valid in the private and government sectors.
Ans: Yes, many degrees are available after BSc. Electronics Distance Education.
Ans: The mode may change depending on institution rules.
Q. Is distance BSc Electronics a good course?
Ans: The course is approved by the UGC. Several Govt. & Private companies/Organisations/Industries hire these graduates and pay good salary packages according to their expertise level. As a result, the course is a good option for students wanting to pursue a career in electronics.
Q. Is BSc electronics useful?
Ans: Offcurse, apart from many jobs, Students can launch their own company to produce electrical products and components after earning a BSc in electronics. Aspirants can also look for technical work with IT companies or banks, or they can pursue further study in the same or similar fields.
Q. What is a BSc Electronics distance education course?
Ans: Distance BSc in Electronics Science is a 3-year undergraduate course offered by the institutions for students who completed their 12th board examinations from a recognized board of education. During this course a students learn about electronic circuits, electronic items manufacturing & structure, their maintenance, etc.
Note: As per the UGC-DEB & AICTE guidelines, BSc Electronics is a technical course, and its curriculum is based on practical classes which is not possible to conduct in distance mode. Therefore, BSc Electronics distance education is not valid in India.