MSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission: Master of Science in Microbiology is a postgraduate course taught in distance mode at IMTS Institute. It provides comprehensive information to students about various microorganisms, their functions, and the various processes linked with them. It is usually taught for two years. This distance course is one of the flexible learning programs.
Admission Process: Admissions of candidates to distance MSc Microbiology are made with an online application system. A BSc in Microbiology or a similar subject will be required for selection. This course will be cost-effective. It will cost around INR 10,540 to INR 40,250 per year.
MSc Microbiology Admission Updates 2023:
- 21 September 2023: IMTS Institute has opened admissions for the session 2023-24. Those students who are interested in taking admission to MSc Microbiology can submit their application form on or before 25 September 2023. Apply Now
- 21 September 2023: NIILM University is inviting applications for the MSc Microbiology program for the session 2023-24. Interested candidates can submit the application form by 30 September 2023.
- 21 September 2023: SKU University inviting applications for the MSC Microbiology course for the current session, students can apply by 28 September 2023.
What is MSc Microbiology Distance Education?
Distance MSc Microbiology will make students experts in microbiology. For study purposes, students can access online libraries and visual presentations. Individuals who desire to be a microbiologist and build a career in any relevant field should pursue this course. It has an equal scope in the job area of other MSc Microbiology degrees.
Students in the MSc distance learning program in microbiology are required to study and gain expertise in the following subjects such as food microbial technology, immunology, molecular biology, medical bacteriology, plant-microbe interactions, and so on.
Students enrolling in this course will have the chance to learn both theoretically and professionally about microbiology. This specialization prepares students to work as biomedical scientists, food technologists, clinical researchers, etc.
Eligibility: It is mandatory for students to first complete the BSc degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 45% to 55% marks.
Fee: The average fee for the Distance MSc in Microbiology is INR 10,540 to INR 40,250 per year.
Top Job Profiles: Degree Holders may work as microbiologists, Research scientists, biotechnologists, Quality Control microbiologists, and medical Laboratory technicians.
Salary: After pursuing the MSc Microbiology Distance Education course, students will get an average salary of INR 3.58 LPA to INR 7.43 LPA.
Students who desire to study in the MSc Microbiology ODL program can ask for admission assistance from IMTS Institute. The Institute offers free career counseling on MSc Microbiology and many other programs. To know more, kindly contact at 9210989898.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc in Microbiology|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Eligibility||BSc degree with a minimum of 45 to 55% of marks|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Approx Fee||INR 10,540 to INR 40,250 per year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Average Offered Salary||INR 3.58 LPA to 7.43 LPA|
|Jobs Area||Micro Biologist, Researcher, Medical Officer, Medical Writer, Nutritionist|
|Job profile||Microbiologists, Research Analysts, Nutritionists, Pharmacologists, and so on|
About IMTS Institute
As a distance learning institution that has existed for over 16 years, IMTS Institute has established a reputation as the country’s leading institute by offering advanced facilities and being dedicated to students. The IMTS Institute has tried to benefit and guide students in every possible way.
The IMTS Institute offers multiple specializations and multiple-level MSc courses that can be pursued through distance learning. IMTS Institute dreams of providing education to every student in any part of the world, regardless of their economic status. It is becoming the first choice of students and working professionals day by day for several reasons. For most of them, there is no entrance exam for admission; for secondary, the course fee is very affordable and pocket-friendly.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
Why MSc Microbiology via Distance Learning?
The Master of Science in Microbiology in distance mode allures students based on the points below. Interested candidates must read them.
- The MSc Microbiology Distance Education program has a cost-effective nature. It does not mean the students are treated less favorably than any of the other modes of education—they receive consistent support from the program coordinator— both online and offline.
- The study materials are generally accessible for students in the E-Learning format at the official website of the university. Students can also opt for the hard copy of learning materials.
- Classes are organized by the universities and colleges for the MSc Microbiology distance education program every weekend to provide a platform where students may interact with each other and subject specialists.
- Those who cannot come– due to the long distance– can also download the audio-video lectures routinely uploaded on the official website of the university for the MSc Microbiology program.
- The course does not place any limitations on the learner but instead promotes independence, allowing them to manage their education more independently rather than depending on others.
- MSc Microbiology Distance Education saves time that students can use for their academic benefit by doing in-depth research outside the coursework.
The information mentioned above for the MSc Microbiology Distance Education program is just an indication of what students are likely to study in the upcoming section of this article.
Key Features of Distance MSc Microbiology
In the below section key features of the Master of Science in Microbiology distance learning course. Interested applicants should all the features points to get more info about this course.
- MSc Microbiology distance education mode is an opportunity for students who cannot complete their education in this discipline due to high fee expenditure.
- The regular time-bound class can easily accomplish their education via distance mode.
- When students apply for admission into the distance MSc Microbiology course, they get eligible to avail the advantage of both pursuing education while doing a regular mode job and gaining professional experience.
- Students can finish their degree in 2 to 4 Years without disturbing their ongoing schedule.
- After completing the bachelor’s course, students can pursue further higher education and work in the same profession to gain experience and practical knowledge.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS Institute has invited online application forms for the MSc Microbiology distance learning program for the academic year session 2023-24. Admission to the course is based on merit or marks obtained by the candidates in the last qualifying examination, BSc Microbiology or Equivalent. The application form is listed above; candidates can register themselves by filling out the correct details in this form, such as name, course name, email ID, etc.
Before submitting the application form, students must check the application form once again. The application form should be fielded according to students’ documents like name, age, address, father’s name, etc. For more information regarding the admission process, students can visit the official website of IMTS Institute.
It is a 2 years post-graduate level course offered for admission in the distance mode to students interested in learning about various micro-organisms. The course is open to students who have finished their bachelor’s degree and medical background. The program is a specialization of a master of science program and can be done in distance mode. Before applying for the MSc Microbiology distance education program, candidates must have passed a BSc in Microbiology or its equivalent from a recognized university.
To apply for the MSc Microbiology Distance Education course, students must complete the above registration form to be considered for admission. The students filling out the form can select the best course and specialization most appropriate for them regarding their interests. Interested learners can apply for this Distance PG program at any time after they have finished their bachelor’s degree in science with a specialization in Biology, Microbiology, or a closely related field.
Those looking to advance their careers in the microbiology field may opt for admission to the MSc Microbiology Distance Education course. A successful career begins with a solid understanding of the basic concepts covered in this course.
Getting admission into this course will multiply the chances of students in this discipline as the demand for professionals with master’s degrees and professional experience is slightly higher than other prospects.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students aspiring to get admission into the MSc Microbiology Distance Education course must complete eligibility conditions marked as mandatory by the institution. Some of those conditions are listed below:
- In the bachelor’s study, applicants must have scored a minimum of 45% from a recognized institution.
- BSc Physical science, BSc Life science, BSc Microbiology, or its equivalent degree holders can apply for MSc Microbiology Distance Education admission.
- A relaxation of 5% score is given to students in the reserved category.
- There are no age criteria for applying for admission into Distance MSc Microbiology.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Fee
The average fee for MSc Microbiology in distance mode ranges from INR 10,540 to INR 40,250/ Year and may change. Along with the Admission fee, the enrolled students are asked to pay the exam fee before the last submission date of the exam form.
Features of MSc Microbiology Distance Education at IMTS Institute
- Quality Education: IMTS provides excellent career opportunities for students with holistic development in personality. It adopts the latest and revised syllabus for the students and comprises the best academicians from the education industry.
- Affordable Fee Structure: IMTS Institute offers an affordable fee structure to the students so that the accessibility of quality education will reach massive areas and underprivileged students.
- Online Student Support Facility: Distance learners require extensive customer support. For that, IMTS Institute has established student support services through an online web portal at our official website, where students can register and ask questions anytime.
- Useful Study Materials: Students get online access to their study materials that they can use any time to study whenever they get time. The charges for these study materials are pocket-friendly. They can even access the study materials on mobile phones.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Admission Process
Applicants who are interested in applying to the MSc Microbiology Distance Education program at IMTS Institute should follow these steps: while filling out the application form applicant should write every required detail in a proper manner.
- A registration form will appear once you enter the page.
- Fill out the registration form with all the necessary information.
- You can get help with your application from IMTS counselors.
- Students will be provided with a link to submit their fees.
- Your registration will be confirmed by email once it has been successful.
Documents Required for Admission to MSc Microbiology Distance Education
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- 10th & 12th Class Marksheet
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- 5 Passport Size Photograph
- Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
Is Distance MSc Microbiology Worth it?
- Skills: This distance degree will provide you with skills in enzyme technology, food protection skills, microbial genetics identification skills, dairy protection techniques, and analytical, logical, writing, and oral skills.
- Time Flexibility: You have the luxury of finishing the easier coursework with a distance-learning MSc in Microbiology, giving you more time to concentrate on your more challenging courses.
- Fee and Cost: This MSc course in Microbiology is very cheap compared to doing this course in regular mode. The tuition fee for this distance MSc starts from INR 10,540 to INR 40,250 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Through this distance MSc program, you can do a part-time job or a business to earn some revenue because this course is time-saving, and you can study on your schedule.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education in India
In India, students can pursue a Master of Science in Microbiology through distance learning, offering various career options. Many universities in India provide distance learning courses, such as the Master of Science in Microbiology. Several universities have received permission from the UGC to provide education in microbiology on their campuses. It is generally the case that most universities offer first-come-first-served admission.
The MSc Microbiology Distance Education course enables students to opt for another Ph.D. or a regular job. Once applicants have opted for admission into the course, they can uplift their skill level, which will help them upgrade their career level.
IMTS Institute is offering admission to MSc in Microbiology for students from all states in India. One who falls into the eligibility criteria can apply for admission. Students from states like Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Assam, and Gujarat are securing admission at IMTS Institute.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education in Delhi
The Delhi/NCR region is considered the hub for food & research industries due to the huge demand & being a metro city. Students living in Delhi/NCR or nearby & are aspiring to get admission to the course can do so now. IMTS Institute offers MSc Microbiology Distance Education for the academic session 2023 to eligible students living in Delhi/NCR or anywhere else. Students can achieve their dream of completing their studies and getting into successful job roles in microbiology.
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Syllabus
MSc Microbiology is a distance course that is provided for 2 years. A total of 4 semesters are covered under the subject. Exams are conducted each semester based on the topics taught. In the distance MSc course in Microbiology, a student studies the following subjects:
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Biostatistics and Computer Applications||Microbial Physiology||Bioprocess Engineering and Technology||Pharmaceutical Microbiology|
|Bioinstrumentation||Molecular Immunology||Enzyme Technology||Recombinant DNA Technology|
|Bioenergetics and Molecular Enzymology||Recent Trends in Virology||Environmental Microbial Technology||Bioinformatics, Microbial Genomics, and Proteomics|
|Food and Dairy Microbiology||Microbial Diversity and Extremophiles||Fermentation Technology|
Scope of MSc Microbiology Distance Education in India
After pursuing the MSc in Microbiology Distance Education, students get their skills par the level required for a successful and high-level career. They get multiple skills that lead them to a career where they can opt for high-salary jobs.
The students doing this course get to perform multiple tasks like researching different microbes on various things and improving the quality of microbes by researching through the various states. Some of the top job profiles for MSc Microbiology Distance Education degree holders are Microbiologist, Research Scientist, Biotechnologist, Quality Control Microbiologist & Medical Laboratory Technician.
After pursuing the course, students can appear for jobs at medical labs, the government food industry, pharma companies, etc. The average salary package that students can aspire to get after pursuing the course can go from INR 3.58 LPA to INR 7.43 LPA.
- Microbiologists work in pathology or cytology laboratories in hospitals.
- Opportunities exist in the pharmaceutical industry’s R&D division.
- The Agricultural Research Department recruits microbiologists for research. Several organizations involved in biotechnological research offer opportunities related to microbiology and immunology.
- Handle and maintain industrial production organisms or cultures, including preservation and maintenance, and carry out bacterial and fungal fermentation operations from the lab to the industrial scale.
Employment Areas of the MSc Microbiology via Distance Learning
The range of learning that can be achieved through a Master of Science in Microbiology has grown due to a direction toward research and evolution as well as the progression of technology. Many industries in India are willing to pay a good salary to M.Sc. Microbiology graduates monthly.
|Water Companies||Waste Management Companies|
|Educational Institutes||Microbiology Lecturer|
|Agri-Chemical Companies||Chief Hygienist|
|Food Standards Agencies||Quality Control Executive|
|Environmental Consultants||Assistant Professor|
|Food and Beverage Companies||Research Officer|
MSc Microbiology Distance Education Graduate Salary in India
Distance MSc Microbiology degree holder graduates get different salaries based on a number of things. The graduate salary depends on the candidate’s experience, area of specialization, job description, placement opportunities, etc.
The average salary in India for someone with an MSc in Microbiology from a distance learning program is between INR 3.58 LPA and INR 7.43 LPA. Graduates can pursue higher education to gain more knowledge and improve their skills. Because of this, the starting pay of a professional will be higher.
Ques 1: Is MSc Microbiology Distance Education demanded a safe option for a career?
Ans: Yes, it requires a degree, and it’s safe for a better career in medical and research centers.
Ques 2: Is MSc a microbiology degree or certificate valid in other countries for the job and study?
Ans: MSc Microbiology Distance Education is valid for a job and studies in another country.
Ques 3: Can students pay fees in installments?
Ans: Yes, Students can pay fees in installments.
Ques 4: What will be the examination mode?
Ans: Mode may be changeable depending on rules.
Ques 5: Is MSc Distance Education possible?
Ans. Yes, there are so many colleges and institutes that offer MSc Distance Education courses. Applicants can apply at any approved institution for admission.
Ques 6: Which job is good after completing the MSc Microbiology distance?
Ans. After the MSc Microbiology distance course applicant can work as a Research Associate, Biomedical scientist, Microbiologist, Pharmacologist, etc.
Ques 7: Can I open lab after M.Sc microbiology?
Ans. Yes, candidates can open their own pathology lab after completion of the MSc Microbiology distance education program. Also, candidates can start their own diagnostic lab after completion of this program.
Ques 8: Which field in Microbiology has the highest Salary?
Ans: As per our knowledge, Biomedical Scientist is the highest-paying career in microbiology. It pays an average of 9,00,000 Indian rupees per year.