MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission 2023-24: MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education program is specially designed for an in-depth exploration of food nutrition, and dietetic management based-curriculum. The distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics program of 2 years has numerous core, and elective lists of subjects that students need to cover in four semesters.
MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education includes subjects such as community nutrition, food microbiology, quantity food service, family meal management, food science, etc. The course study follows both thesis and practical approaches so that students may enhance their education as perfectly as possible in the nutrition and dietetics domain.
Those students who have undergraduate degrees with relevant streams easily can enrol on this Distance Course. The best plus point of this course is the money and time-saving Distance Learning program. Working Profesional also can take admission to this course and complete their studies.
It is now possible for students to have a wide choice range among various distance institutes. AICTE, UGC, and DEB approve each distance institute in India. With this approval, placement cells are also established that provide career growth for the passing graduates. There are opportunities for students in such universities.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Course Overview:
- Course Full Name: Master of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Eligibility: Admission to the MSc Nutrition Dietetics Distance Education program is possible for students who pass a three-year bachelor’s degree in nutrition and dietetics or an equivalent level from a recognized university.
- Duration: The MSc Nutrition & Dietetics distance education course takes 2 years to complete.
- Fee: To pursue Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course, students must pay INR 30,000 to INR 90,000 annually.
- Career Opportunity: Graduates of the Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics degree program will get career opportunities as community dieticians, clinical dieticians, management dieticians, nutrition product managers, and nutritionists
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Nutrition & Dietetics|
|Full Form||Master of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics|
|Approx. Fee||INR 30,000 to INR 90,000 per year|
Why Study MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education?
The distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course is beneficial in understanding the proper diet plans. Students in this course know about the importance of healthy living and how to refer a diet plan to the patients.
- The MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance course fee does not seem as expensive as it does in regular and online modes of education.
- The eligibility criteria and admission process of the open and distance learning advanced program of MSc Nutrition and Dietetics avoid entrance examinations.
- Most Universities permit direct admission and some follow merit but that too on the basis of qualifying examination scores only.
- Students have a chance to do more research and obtain a deep knowledge in the Nutrition and Dietetics domain as they can go beyond the coursework study with the help of the internet.
- The course is accepted and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is welcomed at higher education institutions and professional spaces like conventional mode.
Key Features of MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course lasts 2 years and falls under PG studies.
- MSc Nutrition distance learning course teaches about the nutritional values of various foods and their derived products, and for this purpose, they study the different eating items in detail.
- Its detailed studies involve the composition of food products and what nutrients are present in them.
- These candidates learn to make a proper diet plan for their clients, and even they benefit from it themselves. Such learning leads the learners to acquire good positions in society.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission 2023
The registration process for admission to the distance education course MSc Nutrition and Dietetics is ongoing at IMTS Institute for the current academic year. In order to book a seat for the program, candidates need to submit an online application form. Expert education counselors will guide you to fill out and submit this online application.
Candidates can submit their contact details to book a counseling session by filling out the registration form which is attached above on this page. Once you submit your details, our counselors will contact you to assist in filling out the application form.
The program is open to candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or a related field. Candidates must submit an online application form in order to be considered for admission. It is important that all the details provided by the candidate are accurate.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria are a major part of admission to the MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course. Interested candidates who wish to join the course have to complete those criteria for enrollment. The following of eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Students will be required to have a bachelor’s level degree with decent marks from UGC-recognized universities.
- A degree of BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics, Nutrition, or Dietetics will be preferred for selecting students.
- In the last exams for graduation degree, at least a score of 50 percent must have been secured.
- There is no entrance exam necessary for admission to this distance course.
- Experience and age limit requirement is not provided.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Fee Structure
The Fee required to pursue an MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course is approximately INR 30,000 to INR 90,000 per year. Students can pay their fees semester-wise or yearly-wise. It is also necessary to keep in mind that the institute will charge some amount as Identity Card Fees, Exam Fees, etc. Students can call on the above-given number for detailed information on fees.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission Process
Students who are going to apply for the MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Course through Distance Education need to obey the given admission process at IMTS Institute.
- Register using the application form provided on the page.
- Register yourself with the provided information and documentation.
- Applicants who need assistance with the application process can contact the IMTS counsellor.
- Students will receive a link to submit their fees.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirmation.
Documents Required for Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Admission
This is the following list of important documents required for admission to the Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course:-
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- 10th & 12th Class Marksheet
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate
- 5 Passport Size Photograph
- Date of Birth Certificate(DOB)
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Scope
MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics course has a wide scope for students. The government and private organizations are offering many jobs to such degree holders. Some of the popular jobs are community dietician, clinical dietician, management dietician, nutrition product manager, nutritionist, etc.
The salary for a job requiring a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics in India is between INR 2 LPA to 11 LPA. A person’s starting salary at a first job can be affected by various circumstances, and these characteristics can vary from job to job. After receiving a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics, one’s income may be affected by several factors, including prior experience in the field.
Placement Area for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
The Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course students have many career prospects. After completing the MSc Nutrition distance learning, the student will get a job in the following place given below:-
- Health care
- Civil Services
- Nutrition Research
- Educational Institutes
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Subjects
The MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education course consists of various core subjects to study. Each one of these helps a student to understand the use of nutrition and about the proper diet. A student in the duration of two years understand the concept of the following subjects:
- Fundamentals of Food and its Science
- Diet Therapy
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- Human Nutrition
- Human Psychology
- Medical Nutrition
- Life Cycle of Nutrition
- Nutrition Biochemistry
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Fundamentals of Food Science||Life Cycle Nutrition|
|Medical Nutrition and Management||Diet Therapy|
|Food Safety and Food Service Management||Nutritional Biochemistry|
|Sensory Evaluation and Culinary Science||Human Physiology|
|Community Nutrition||Food preservation and Food Microbiology|
|Human Nutrition||PRACTICAL II|
MSc Distance Education Specialization
Skills Required for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
The main focus of the course is on the nutritional value of food, the positive effects of nutrients on the human body, a balanced diet, how food is made, and how it should be eaten. So, a student who wants an MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics needs to know enough about these things. There are a few other skills that are important for this course:
- Need to know about different nutrients and how to use them in food.
- Must pay attention to safety and hygiene rules that affect health.
- Skills in talking to people.
M.Sc Nutrition And Dietetics Course Distance Education in India
MSc Nutrition and Dietetics is a 2-year master’s degree programme taught in India via Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode. Aspirants who have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply for admission to this programme. The fee for the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance learning course ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 90,000 per year.
Food safety and food service management, community nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, etc are part of the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics course curriculum. Such graduates can get a job with decent salary package in India. They can join the health and hospitality sectors.
Students from states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Odisha, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Panjab, Haryana, etc are taking admissions in distance mode at IMTS Institue. In previous years, the number of students are increasing at the institute as it offers quality education and the best students support services.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1- Can we do M.Sc nutrition and Dietetics in correspondence?
Ans- Yes, Students can pursue an M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics in correspondence from the most prestigious universities of distance modes like IGNOU, KSOU, and many others.
Q2- What is the salary of M.Sc nutrition and Dietetics distance education?
Ans- Graduate of Distance M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics may earn an average salary of INR 2 LPA to 11 Lakh per annum.
Q3- Is MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance degree valid?
Ans- Yes, The degree is valid if applicants pursue MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics through well-known institutions like IMTS Institute.
Q4- Who can take admission to MSc Nutrition and Dietetics?
Ans- Those applicants who have completed their bachelor’s degree in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized university and obtained good marks.