BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology Distance Education Admission: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Radiology Imaging Technology program is a 3-year degree. The course is not permitted to be studied through distance education from institutions, colleges, or universities, in India. The University Grants Commission (UGC) completely rejects off-campus learning due to a training-based understanding of the program’s curriculum that ideally can be done only in-campus.
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology program focuses on training in treating disease with the aid of image-based techniques including ultrasound, X-ray, computed tomography, MRI, positron emission tomography, etc.
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology Admission Updates 2023:
- 21 September 2023: Eligible candidates can apply for BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology admission at IMTS Institute on or before 05 October 2023. Apply Now
- 21 September 2023: NILM University application forms for the BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology programme are now available for session 2023-24; apply on or before 30 September 2023.
For admission to the BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology program, candidates must 12th, certificate, or diploma level study in X-ray Technology. The requirement of marks for a BSc undergraduate degree in Radiology Imaging Technology varies from 45 to 50%. The course estimated fee ranges from Rs. 20,000 annually.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology
- Eligibility Criteria: Students must have completed their 12th board examination. To be considered for admission, candidates must achieve at least 40% marks.
- Duration: its duration is 3 years.
- Fee: Annual fee charged by most of the institutes for the BSc Radiology and Image Technology course is approx Rs. 20,000 per annum.
- Career-wise: The average salary package that an applicant can expect to get after pursuing the B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology course is around INR 3.22 LPA to INR 6.58 LPA which can vary as per the skills possessed by the applicant.
The program is designed for those students who are working or cannot attend regular classes to choose the best career opportunity in the field of Radiology & Imaging Technology. Students who have passed their 12th grade can enroll in a BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology program. Students who complete this course will gain a better understanding of pathology, anatomy, ultrasound, and radiography, among other concepts.
Note: BSc Radiology & Image Technology doesn’t offer in distance education mode.
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology DDE Highlights
|Course Name||BSc (Radiology & Imaging Technology)|
|Eligibility||12th + Science|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Average Fee||INR 20,000 per year|
Why Distance BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology?
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology program would be perfect for individuals considering the factors below.
- Aspirants would learn the fundamentals of radiography and imaging, which would improve their ability to diagnose illnesses more precisely.
- Students are equipped with the knowledge to comprehend the job role that awaits them in the field thanks to the practical organized learning of the BSc Radiology Imaging Technology program.
- After successfully completing the BSc in Radiology Imaging Technology program, one has a wide range of career options.
- The professional degree program “Bsc in Radiology Imaging Technology” actually encourages students to delve deeper and learn more about radiology imaging technology with the help of a postgraduate degree in order to open up more career options.
Candidates interested in applying to the three-year BSc Radiology Imaging Technology undergraduate degree program may read the sections of the article below that have been specifically created to provide all the information necessary for admission to the Imaging Technology Program.
Is BSc in Radiology and Imaging Technology worth it?
Yes, BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology is an excellent study program when studied through regular mode and provides equal opportunities as given to the regular degree holders.
- Skills: This course provides a thorough understanding of radiology and imaging technology and the skills like analytical, critical thinking, computer skills, logical reasoning, diagnosis skills, and so on.
- Fee and Cost: About INR 20,000 is the annual average fee for this study course, and this cost makes it an affordable study program and is in the range of many Students.
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology Course Details
- The BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology carries a 3 year duration.
- The course is offered at the undergraduate level course is divided into six semesters over a period of three years.
- After passing the 12th in Science stream, this course can be pursued by interested students.
- After completing this program, an MSc and later on, a PhD in the same specialization can be done.
- The average fee range for BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology is approx. Rs. 20,000 per annum.
- Admission is granted directly and many job options are there after finishing the course like MRI Technician, CT Scan Technician, Radiologist, etc.
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology DDE Admission 2023
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology course is offered by numerous institutions based on the scores of applicants in the qualifying exam. Universities release a merit list containing the names of applicants selected by them as eligible and then invited to finalize the admission process. But, as we mentioned above this programme is not offered in distance learning mode by any institute in India.
Students applying for admission into the course will get the opportunity to learn about various concepts related to radiology and imaging technology. All the students completing the course will be able to apply for jobs at numerous profiles like radiology technician, MRI technician, ultrasound technician, etc.
Students who complete the eligibility requirements will be able to apply for admission to this course in regular mode. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below in the article and students should check their eligibility.
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology Application Form
The application form is the first step to secure the admission to BSc in Radiology & Imaging course. Students can read out the below description for an application form.
- BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology Application form must be filled out online. There is no offline registration form offered to students.
- Students must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the online registration form.
- Students can complete the admission process by paying the admission fee.
- Students can learn more about this course by filling out the attached application form.
- Once a candidate submits an inquiry form, then our education counselors will contact them within 48 hrs to give answers to all the queries regarding their desired course.
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology DDE Eligibility
For BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology, Students have to follow the below-mentioned eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria will help you to know whether you are eligible to take admission or not.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to B.Sc. Radiology & Imaging Technology DDE programme is to pass the 12th board examination from any recognized institute or board.
- The admission process will be based on merit as the students must score a minimum of 45% marks to be considered for admission.
B.Sc Radiology and Imaging Technology DDE Fees Structure
For those who wish to apply for the BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology course, they must check and complete the online application form that is listed above if they wish to apply for the course. For the B.Sc Radiology and Imaging Technology course, you will have to pay an annual fee of INR 20,000.
You need to pay an admission fee in order to be able to reserve a seat on the course. The Internet offers many ways in which applicants can pay their admission fees in order to apply for admission to the university.
B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology Colleges in India
In the last few years, a number of universities and affiliated colleges started offering programs Like BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology. If the student has met the eligibility criteria for admission to these universities/colleges, then he or she can apply for admission. The entrance exams and the merit list criteria will be used to determine the candidates who will be admitted to these courses.
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology is a very popular course among students in India due to its job-oriented curriculum. Several universities in India are offering the course at an affordable fee structure. Students can secure admission at their desired university after completing the eligibility requirements.
Students from states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Maharastra, Gujarat, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Assam and Haryana are taking admission to BSc in Radiology & Imaging Technology course. Students from any state in India can apply after completing the eligibility criteria.
Note: BSc in Radiology and Imaging Technology has not been approved in distance mode by UGC and DEB.
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology in Tamilnadu
Various universities in Tamilnadu are offering Radiology & Imaging Technology courses. Interested students can apply through the online admission portal provided by the university. Admissions will be based on merit list criteria and a few universities also conduct entrance exams. After completing the course students can get placement in hospitals, medical labs, and clinics in Tamilnadu.
There is no university in Tamilnadu that offers the course in distance mode. BSc Radiology & Imaging Course can be completed in regular mode only.
B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology Subjects
Medical Biochemistry, Human Anatomy, Radiography, Pathology, Quality Control, Clinical Radiology, Physiology, Radiation, and Physics, are the core subjects of the BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology course.
This article offers detailed information on B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology Subjects. Students can call on the above-given number for more information regarding course and subjects.
BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Dark Room Techniques||Patient Care|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
Trends in Imaging
|Imaging Technologies||Quality Control|
|Imaging Safety||Clinical Postings|
Advantages of B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology
Radiology succeeds in several scientific areas like Computer Science and Imaging Technology. It affords extensive possibilities in the field of research studies for researchers and scientists. Hence learners can avail a willing source of a successful career in research institutions and academics.
Students who are accepted into the B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology offer a great opportunity to aspire towards a successful career as they get an array of benefits after choosing to enroll in the course. Here are some of the benefits that they get:
- Quality Education,
- Affordable fee structure,
- High-Quality Study Material,
- Advanced Curriculum,
- Time Flexibility, etc.
Scope of B.Sc Radiology and Imaging Technology
The scope after pursuing the B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology is vast as the students pursuing the course get to learn and improve their skills in the discipline. Students get to aspire for jobs at various medical centers, nursing houses, testing laboratories, etc.
The average salary package that an applicant can receive on pursuing the B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology course can be from INR 3.22 LPA to INR 6.58 at the start of their career.
Radiology Assistant: Candidates who get posted as Radiology assistants in ant healthcare centers or Research Laboratory get a decent salary for their work. Generally, they get Rs. 20,000-25,000 per month. It may depend upon the skill, and knowledge of candidates.
B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology Jobs
Candidates who complete the BSc in Radiology & Imaging Technology have a wide range of job opportunities available. Top recruiters offer a decent salary package to such candidates. Additionally, they will be able to earn more money if they pursue higher education in the same field. They may work at the following designations:
- Radiologist Technician
- MRI Technician
- Medical Stenographer
- CT Scan Technologist
- Radiology Nurse
Both private and Government sectors accept BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology degree holder candidates. Hospitals, research centres, and laboratories hire these candidates and pay high salary packages according to their expertise levels. Some top Recruiters are as follows:
- Manipal Hospital
- Columbia Asia
- Apollo Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Max Hospital
B.Sc radiology placement:
Graduates of the BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology degree program will have various opportunities available to them. The following are some of the job profiles that are mentioned below:
- X-Ray Technician
- Scientific Assistant
- Therapy Radiographer
- Radiation Protection Specialist
BSc Radiology and Imaging Technology salary in India
The salary for individuals with a BSc in Radiology and Imaging Technology in India can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and the employing institution. On average, entry-level professionals can expect a salary range of INR 2.5 to 4 lakhs per annum. With experience and specialization, the salary can increase to INR 5 to 10 lakhs per annum or more.
Other BSc Specializations with Eligibility & Fees
|B.Sc||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Botany||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Hons Botany||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Economics||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Fire and Safety||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Home Science||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 25,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Multimedia||12th (Science Stream)||INR 20,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Physical Sciences||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Physics||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Environmental Science||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Physics||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Microbiology||12th (Science Stream)||INR 20,000/ YEAR|
|B.Sc Hons Microbiology||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 40,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Hotel Management Tourism||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 / YEAR|
|B.Sc Mass Communication||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Geography||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 40,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Geology||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 40,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Agriculture||12th (Science Stream)||INR 30,000/ YEAR|
|B.Sc Hardware & Networking||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Telecommunication||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000 – INR 30,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Electronics||12th (Science Stream)||INR 30,000/ YEAR|
|B.Sc (Electronics & Communication)||12th (Science Stream)||INR 30,000/ YEAR|
|B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 40,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc Software Engineering||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR 40,000* / YEAR|
|B.Sc IT||12th (Science Stream)||INR 10,000– INR40,000/ YEAR|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Question 1: What is the duration of the BSc Medical Radiography and Imaging Technology course?
Answer: The BSc Medical Radiography and Imaging Technology course lasts a minimum of three years and can be extended to six years.
Question 2: Is there an entrance exam for BSc Medical Radiography and Imaging Technology?
Answer: No, you can do this course without passing any entrance exam. Institutes offer admission on the base of merit list criteria.
Question 3: Can I do BSc in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology without NEET?
Answer: NEET is not necessary to apply for BSc Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology admission. Candidates can apply for admission to this course based on their 12th score. But the eligibility criteria for admission vary in different universities/Institutes.
Question 4: What is the BSc radiology and imaging technology salary per month?
Ans: At the beginning of his or her career, a candidate can expect to earn between INR 25,000 and 50,000 per month after completing this undergraduate degree program. Candidate salaries depend on a number of factors, including the type of organization, expertise, and location of the job.
Question 5: What are the eligibility criteria for BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology?
Ans: A minimum of 10+2 is required to make a candidate eligible for taking admission to this bachelor’s degree course. Also, a candidate should score a minimum of 50% marks in the examinations with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Question 6: Can I pursue a BSc in radiology & Imaging technology distance education program?
Ans: No, BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology program is not offered in distance learning mode. It is not approved by the University Grant Commission Distance Education Bureau.
Note: UGC and AICTE have prohibited offering BSc Radiology and Image Technology courses via open and distance learning modes. At a result, no one university is offering this programme in distance learning mode.