Distance Education in Nepal, Kathmandu: Distance learning courses in Nepal & Kathmandu are a great resource for the students of that area and the surroundings to get benefit from such learning. It provides students with a chance for completing their degree in a way without leaving their other important tasks and job.
Various distance courses are taught in Nepal & Kathmandu offered by IMTS Institute. At the UG level, students can obtain courses such as BA, B.Com, BCA, and Bachelor’s degree in Tourism Studies. The courses being taught at the PG level include MBA, MCA, Masters in Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM), MA in English, etc.
Many certificates and diploma courses are offered through Open and Distance Learning in Nepal & Kathmandu. There are also PG diplomas offered in distance mode such as PGD in Financial Management, HRM, Operations Management, Computer Applications, and so on. In all of the courses, admissions are based on merit. The fee for each course is also varying. Institutions like IMTS Institute provides admission to Distance courses.
What is Open & Distance Learning? Why is it so Popular in Nepal?
Distance Education is a mode of study where students get to complete their education even if they are unable to attend regular mode classes. Students who are opting to study and pursue a job at the same time generally opt for distance education in Nepal as it prospers their chances for success.
Opting for distance education in Nepal & Kathmandu generally provides the opportunity for either pursuing another degree course or a regular mode job. In both cases, the students are either getting dual degrees or getting an educational degree along with professional experience. The students who can’t continue their studies due to many reasons also opt for distance mode as studying in this mode is generally less costly than the regular mode.
In recent times, multiple institutions have evolved around the globe that have started offering admission to distance education courses like the IMTS Institute.
Top Distance Courses for Admission
Advantages of Online Distance Education in Nepal
- Flexibility: The most significant benefit of distance education is the flexibility one can have from these programs. Students can study their study materials at their own choice of time and have general knowledge of their social and professional welfare.
- Cost: Distance education in Nepal & Kathmandu is less costly rather than regular courses. Open & Distance learning removes the costs involved in infrastructure, communication, and a variety of other side-by-side costs otherwise incurred by ‘full-time’ students.
- Comfort: There is no doubt that distance learning is one of the most popular forms of education due to its comfort level. It is possible for you to learn any course from anywhere in the world. Take advantage of your favorite chair, desk, or bed to start learning. There is no doubt that comfort learning enhances your ability to concentrate on your subject subjects and enhances your creativity in the process.
- Learning while working: The online mode of education allows a person to learn while working. In this way, if a student works in Nepal and cannot do the regular courses, he is allowed to study at home with distance education, and so he saves lots of time and money and time. The candidate’s professional career is also enhanced since the knowledge he gains is quickly put into practice.
- Direct Admission: Students who complete their Bachelor’s degree make up their minds to study further through regular mode and must qualify for the national level or university level entrance exams. whereas for admission to distance education courses in Nepal students will get direct admission based on the previous year’s academic scores.
- Employment: When it comes to your resume, online degrees look great. There is nothing more fascinating to employers than your online degrees, not because you wanted to earn the degree in the first place, but rather because you are eager to develop your skills and knowledge to the maximum. It is also important to note that online degrees can be helpful if you need to advance in your career and job.
Students are able to earn diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees in Kathmandu, Nepal, through distance education. A number of universities in the capital city of Nepal, Katmandu, offer all of these courses as distance learning courses at their campuses. Many students have great success potential when it comes to distance learning.
Generally speaking, they are given the highest positions in prestigious companies and also receive competitive salaries because they are recognized for having a strong reputation in the industry.
Distance Learning Courses in Nepal
There are a lot of universities in Nepal providing distance courses. The courses are Diploma, bachelor’s, master’s, certificate, PG Diploma, PG Certificate, etc. Some of the distance courses offered in Nepal are the following:
- BA: To get into BA courses in distance education, a 12th pass is the minimum requirement with a minimum of 35% score.
- BCom: 12th pass in the commerce stream is required to take admission to distance Bachelor of Commerce.
- BCA: The entry requirement for BCA is a 12th pass in relevant subjects.
- BTech: Candidates must have passed 10+2 in the science stream, preferably with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- MA: Students must have completed Graduation in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- MCom: For MCom, a BCom is essential from a recognized university.
- MCA: To get admission to MCA, a degree in BCA is necessary. MCA course duration is 3 years.
- MTech: A BTech in the relevant discipline is needed to be completed to get admission to the MTech program.
Distance MBA, BBA, BCA, MCA in Nepal & Kathmandu
In Nepal & Kathmandu or nearby countries, students who can’t pursue regular classes can go for distance learning from top institutes like IMTS Institute. ODL Programs like MBA, BBA, BCA, MCA & more are available for students living in Nepal and Kathmandu. Students do not need to visit the institution physically; all the classes and curriculum are available through the online portal.
Bachelor’s degree courses are open to students who have passed class 12th with a recognized board in Nepal. All streams of study are available at the undergraduate level at IMTS Institute. There is a strong emphasis on job-related courses. These programs can also be pursued by students while working.
Online Bachelor Degree in Nepal
A lot of students who are working full-time jobs have no time to devote to pursuing regular courses in Nepal and Kathmandu due to their busy schedules. The option of online learning and distance learning is available for those who are not interested in taking regular classes. Some institutes, such as IMTS Institute, provide advanced-level distance learning experiences in Nepal as well as in Kathmandu. There are many different bachelor’s degree programs available for students to choose from, including BA English, BA Education, BSc Botany & more.
After the 12th grade, students are eligible to enroll in courses at the undergraduate level. Those students, on the other hand, who have taken the exam during the last semester of their bachelor’s degree programme are eligible to apply for master’s-level courses or have finished their degrees. They are required to have attended a university that is recognized by the UGC. Candidates can submit applications to attend traditional courses as well as professional courses such as MBA.
Scope of Distance Education in Nepal
During the past two years, there has been a major growth in the scope of distance education in Nepal. Across the globe, we can see how distance education is becoming increasingly popular, one of them being Nepal. Due to the fact that Nepal is a very hilly country, it is very difficult to go to famous cities for higher studies, so students no longer have to worry about going to famous cities for higher studies.
Nepal now has a number of universities that offer distance education, which is among the best. A good example of such an institute is the IMTS Institute.
Q 1: Is an open University Degree valid in Nepal?
Ans: Yes, UGC approved open university degree is valid in Nepal.
Q 2: What are the advantages of distance education?
Ans: There are v several advantages of distance education:
- It’s flexible.
- it saves you time.
- Allows students to manage their own time to study.
- Helps the students to develop technical skills.
- It’s mainly beneficial for working professionals.
Q 3: Which course is best for distance education?
Ans: It is completely dependent on the candidate’s interest. Some students are interested in arts courses whereas some are interested in pursuing science courses, commerce courses, etc. But here we suggest you some popular courses in Arts, Science, and Commerce stream, you can choose any one of them.
- BA: Bachelor of Arts
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Application
- BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration
- BA JMC: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- BCom: Bachelor of Commerce
- BSc: Bachelor of Science
- MA: Master of Arts
- MSc: Master of Science
- MCom: Master of Commerce
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- MCA: Master of Computer Application
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|