MA Mathematics Distance Education Admission 2023: Master of Arts (MA) in Mathematics through Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode is a 2-year postgraduate degree programme, which is designed to provide a comprehensive study of pure and applied mathematics to students. This course helps a student to develop an analytical approach with the latest knowledge to perform well in professional life.
For admission to the MA Mathematics correspondence course at IMTS Institute, applicants should have passed BA Mathematics/BSc Mathematics or another equivalent UG degree. The admission of a candidate will be complete through an online admission process.
With a fee structure of INR 10,000 per year, the program offers an affordable option for those interested in pursuing higher studies in mathematics. It is delivered in an online/distance learning format, allowing students to study at their own pace and convenience. Teachers, Statisticians, Researchers, Loan Officers, etc., are among the most common jobs for people with an MA in mathematics.
- MA Mathematics Full Form: Masters of Arts in Mathematics
- Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics is mandatory to be enrolled in this distance PG course. Students’ performance through entrance exams could be observed via some institutes.
- Duration: For a duration of 2 years, the Distance MA Mathematics course will be completed in distance mode, and students will study for 4 semesters.
- Fee: The cost of pursuing an MA Mathematics distance education course is INR 10,000 per year.
- Career-wise: After completing the correspondence MA in Mathematics one can look to pursue a Ph.D. degree or find employment. The financial firms, research, and government departments at the central and state level hire such graduates with salaries of INR 4 LPA to INR 9 LPA.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MA in Mathematics|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||INR 10,000 per year|
Key Features of Pursuing MA Mathematics Distance Education
- In this course, teachings are provided for practically implementing the knowledge of mathematics, and in-depth areas of the subject, such as calculus, algebra, and theorems, are studied at this master’s level.
- Having this degree make students enabled to be appointed as an accountant, statisticians, demographers, teachers, researchers, loan officers, and many more.
- It provides such prestigious job positions because its scope is high, and the salary such professionals can earn is about INR 4 to INR 9 LPA.
- Because of the rising number of students in this area, it’s now provided via learning methods that are distance and online manner.
- MA Mathematics Distance Education degree in India as well as in foreign countries, is well recognized as it is approved by UGC and DEB.
Why MA Mathematics Distance Education?
Several reasons make pursuing an MA in Mathematics distance education a valuable and rewarding choice:
- An MA Mathematics correspondence course can significantly enhance a student’s mathematical experience. It allows us to delve deeper into understanding various branches of mathematics such as theorems, mathematical structure, abstract concepts, etc.
- MA in Mathematics hones students’ analytical skills, making them better problem solvers in fields ranging from science and engineering to finance and data analysis.
- Mathematicians who hold an MA Mathematics degree are in high demand in various industries, especially in the sectors that rely on data analysis, optimization, and modelling.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into Distance MA in Mathematics has started at IMTS Institute for session 2023. MA Mathematics Distance Learning (ODL) course has been designed for students who wish to continue their mathematics studies by delving deeper into specific aspects of pure and applied math.
In order to be admitted to the course, students must meet the eligibility criteria. As well, mathematicians, scientists, and engineers with a mathematical bent may be interested in the modules.
- The main aim of MA Mathematics is for the students to research and analyze.
- 2-year master course offered by IMTS Institute, also called an art degree in mathematics.
- A student can take admission online and offline. Both modes are available.
- For online, they need to move to the University website link for offline. They need to visit the university campus.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
In order to enrol in the correspondence MA mathematics course, you must meet the following eligibility criteria. There are certain criteria that must be met by interested students.
- Candidates for MA in Mathematics distance education admission must have completed a bachelor’s degree in mathematics.
- Applicants have to obtain at least 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Entrance exams are not included in this course’s eligibility criteria in distance mode.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Fee
Different Universities/Institutions charge different fees charges for the MA Mathematics distance education programme. IMTS Institute is one of the best institutes that helps students for pursuing this master’s degree at a very low cost of approx INR 10,000 per year.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Duration:
The 2-year master’s degree programme MA Mathematics is equialy devided in to four semesters of duration 6 month each.
Students in this duration gain the skills and knowledge of various core and elective subjects related to mathematics such as algebra, real analysis, graph theory, probability, topology, partial differential equations and more.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Admission Process
In order to get registered for the course, follow the process given below:
- Candidates looking for admission to MA Mathematics distance education admission can register themselve by filling out the application form which is attched above.
- One you submit the filled regsitration form, then expert counselors of IMTS Institute will contact you.
- They will tell you the complete admission process including application form process, document verification process, documnet submission process, fee submission process, etc.
Documents Required for MA Mathematics Distance Education Admission
Here is the list of documents required for the MA Mathematics course.
- 5 Passport Size Photographs
- 10th and 12th class Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- Proof of Residence
- Adhar Card
- Cast Certificate
- Migration Certificate
Advantages of MA Mathematics Distance Education
- Time flexibility: There is no limited time for the study in the distance MA course. The students can study their course when they want. They can continue their study without lifting the current work.
- Low cost: The average fee of an MA Mathematics course is INR 10,000 per year which makes it easier for the candidates. The distance MA course is more affordable than the regular MA.
- Earn while you learn: During this course, the students can work at different companies to earn. The candidate of this course can expect good job opportunities and a salary graph.
- Online classes: The lectures of this program are professionally recorded for those students that cannot attend the regular classes. Online and offline methods do this course.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Syllabus
|SEM I||Algebra – I|
Ordinary Differential Equations
|SEM-II||Algebra – II|
Real Analysis – II
Partial Differential Equations
Complex Analysis – I
Number Theory Cryptography
Complex Analysis – II
MA Mathematics Distance Education in India
In India, an MA Mathematics course is available for students to pursue in Distance education mode. The UGC has granted permission for the course to be taught in correspondence. Many Indian Institutes offer admission to MA Mathematics distance courses. At IMTS, admission is ongoing for this course and other distance courses. Admission to this course is based on applicants’ marks in the bachelor’s degree.
Students from any part or region in India can enrol for admission to the MA Mathematics distance education programme, by filling out the online application form. There is no need to visit the campus. No matter the student belongs to Tamilnadu, Assam, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, or any other location.
Scope of MA Mathematics Distance Education
MA Mathematics Distance Education provides students with the opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills in order to develop and advance their careers. The advanced curriculum provides them with the opportunity to learn in a way that will prepare them in every possible way to tackle any challenges that society may present them when they enter the workforce.
As soon as students complete their study for MA in Mathematics Distance Education, they get to aspire for jobs in various disciplines like educational centres, research organizations, analysts, etc. Also, Students have options to pursue higher education in Mathematics, such as MPhil or PhD.
There are a large number of doors open after completing the MA Mathematics Degree through distance mode. Students can appear at many government entrance exams, such as UGC NET, CSIR NET, and many others. After qualifying for this national exam, they can apply for Assistant Professor in many Private or government universities.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Offered Salary
- The starting salary offered to correspondence MA Mathematics degree professionals ranges between INR 4 LPA to INR 9 LPA. The field of mathematics is not limited. M Phil and PhD in mathematics are advanced studies for graduation after MA in Mathematics.
- The top recruiting companies for such professionals are Boston Consulting Group, Intel, Qualcomm, and Google. Mathematics professionals can perform jobs such as Teachers, Loan Officers, Statisticians, Researchers, etc.
Career Prospects for MA Mathematics Distance Education
Distance MA courses in maths can lead to different jobs than others. After getting an MA in mathematics through distance learning, graduates have a wide range of job choices. There are jobs for MA Mathematicians in many different fields. The scope of an MA Mathematics in India depends on specialization and demand. The most common jobs for people with an MA in mathematics from a distance are:
- Aerodynamics Specialist
- Computer Programmer
- Loan Officer
Distance MA Mathematics Jobs in India
After completing a MA in Mathematics from a distance, students make their careers in many industries of India as accountants, Mathematicians, Loan officers, etc. Graduates of this course have a very bright future as many top companies are hiring MA Mathematics degree holders in their company. Below are the popular MA Mathematics Distance Education Job profiles:
- The Actuarial Profession
- Banking – Investment Banking
- Engineering Sciences
- Operational Research
- Accountancy & Professional Services
- Banking – Retail Banking
- Computing & ICT
- General Management
MA Mathematics Distance Education Employment Area
Obtaining a Master of Science in Mathematics in distance learning. Students who are interested in working at top financial firms are often required to have a solid understanding of analysis of the numbers, and the data requires advanced mathematics and statistics.
|Banks and Investment Firms||Computer Programmer|
|Central/State Government Departments||Demographer|
|Business and Industry||Aerodynamics Specialist|
|Insurance Agencies||Loan Officer|
|Treasury Management Specialist||Researcher|
Distance MA Course Specializations
MA Mathematics Distance Education (FAQs)?
Ans: Yes, an MA Mathematics degree and certification are acceptable in both sectors equally.
Q. Can I do MA in Mathematics without entrance?
Ans: Candidates may be admitted to MA Mathematics programs based on their past performance or merit.
Q. Who can apply for MA Mathematics distance education admission?
Ans: Candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or equivalent from a recognized university can apply for distance MA mathematics admission.
Q. What is the Scope of an MA in Mathematics?
Ans: Both private and Government sectors are interested in hiring MA Mathematics distance education degree holder students and are ready to pay higher salary packages according to their skills. As a result, there will be a rise in the demand for MAs in general studies and mathematics.
Q. What is the duration of an MA in Mathematics?
Ans: The duration of the MA Mathematics distance education course is 2 years.
Q. Can we do MA Mathematics in distance learning mode?
Ans: Yes, Several UGC-approved universities offer MA Mathematics distance education courses. If you fully fill out the eligibility criteria for applying then you are able to pursue this course.