MSc Computer Science Distance Education Admission 2023: Students are invited to register for admission to the BSc CS distance education course for the academic year session 2023-24. Candidates who have found themselves eligible can register before the last date 10 November 2023. Candidates for admission to distance BSc Computer Science course are required to have passed 12th or equivalent with at least 45% marks. This programme takes a minimum of 3 years to complete.
MSc Computer Science Admission Updates
- 07 November 2023: IMTS Institute has started admission to MSc Computer Science programme. Students can apply for admission on or before the last date 10 November 2023. Apply now
- 07 November 2023: Admission to the MSc CS programme is ongoing at Sri Krishna University. 11 November 2023 is the last date of admission.
- 07 November 2023: WC University is inviting online application forms for admission to MSc Computer Science course. The admission deadline is 11 November 2023.
- 07 November 2023: Subharti University has commenced admission to MSc CS programme for the session 2023. Students can apply on or before the last date 10 November 2023.
The curriculum of MSc Computer Science Distance Education covers all the essential topics and concepts that an applicant will be required to uplift the level of their career in the 2 years duration of the course. Students get to complete their studies even if they are unable to attend any regular mode classes at the institute.
The aspirants for admission into the course need to make sure that they have passed their graduation-level study from a recognized institution before filling out the registration form for admission. The registration form is to be filled out by the applicants via online mode as no offline registrations are accepted by the institute.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Science in Computer Science
- Eligibility: Graduation-passed candidates are eligible to apply along with a minimum of 40% marks secured in previous exams. Students who have a BSc in computer science are kept at preference.
- Duration: It is 2 years for MSc Computer Science distance education.
- Fee: MSc distance education in CS course fee is around INR 25,090 to INR 36,990 per year.
- Career-wise: A lot of career options are available for postgraduates such as IT analyst, IT consultant, professor, technical analyst, database administrator, and others. The average salary of such professionals can be INR 3.25 LPA to INR 8.65 LPA.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Computer Science|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
|Fee Structure||INR 25,090 to INR 36,990 per year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Eligibility||BSc in CS or any related degree|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
Why MSc Computer Science Distance Education?
The Master of Science in Computer Science via distance learning program provides students with the fundamental expertise required to succeed in their chosen fields of work. Even if students work full-time jobs after enrolling in the course, they can continue their studies.
One of the biggest reasons that attract students to enroll in the MSc Computer Science Distance Education course is that the average fee that an applicant needs to pay for pursuing the course is comparatively lower than other modes of this course.
Is Distance MSc Computer Science Worth it?
Getting an MSc Computer Science degree in remote learning mode can be worth it if you get a fluent knowledge of computers and obtain a degree from a well-recognized institute in India.
- Skills: This distance Master’s program can teach you various computer and other skills. Some of them are operating skills, programming skills, website development, software development, hardware repairing skills, oral, networking, and research skills.
- Time Flexibility: You can set up your own schedule and workload for the MSc in Computer Science via distance learning.
- Fee and cost: MSc Computer science program through distance mode provides the advantage of low cost. Its tuition fee is low compared to a regular MSc. The tuition fee for this MSc specialization is between INR 25,090 to INR 36,990 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: You can avail advantage of earning money while studying in this MSc Program because you have the facility to schedule study and job time according to your choice.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Computer Science distance education course admission started at IMTS Institute for the academic session 2023. The students who are willing to get admission into the course need to fill out the registration form before the last date.
The selection of applicants getting admission into the course is done by the institute directly after considering the previous qualifications of the applicants.
MSc Computer Science is available at Post graduation level after doing a bachelor (BSc) degree in any stream, but the student must have the PCM group in 12th as the main subject or equivalent. The student learns all the aspects of computer science in deep like programming, designing, coding, testing, and maintaining the software and other computer science-related subjects.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
For getting admission into the MSc Computer Science Distance Education course the students are needed to fulfill some eligibility requirements listed below:
- The students aspiring for admission into this course should have passed their bachelor-level studies.
- In the bachelor’s study applicants need to have scored a minimum of 40% aggregate score from a recognized institution.
- Students of the reserved category will get a compensation of a 5% score for admission.
- Applicants must have studied Computer science and Mathematics in the bachelor in 2 semesters.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Fees
Below are the fees for the MSc in Computer Science from Distance Education. Students need to look at it, and one more important thing is to fill out the admission fees before the last date.
- MSc Computer Science Distance Education Admission fee should be paid before the last date.
- IMTS offers Distance MSc Computer Science at a cost-effective fee.
- Students must pay their admission fee to confirm their admission.
- The tuition fee for the complete Two years M.Sc science course ranges from INR 25,090 to INR 36,990 per year.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Application Form 2023
The application form must be fulfilled if students want to take admitted to the MSc Computer Science distance education program. The program is available to those who have completed the BSc in a relevant discipline. The application form is available at the IMTS Institute’s website. The details in the form must be correct so that the counselors can contact them easily. Students will be assisted wherever and whenever they need it.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Admission Process
In order to apply for IMTS Institute’s MSc Computer Science Distance Education program, applicants must follow the following steps:
- Upon entering the page, you will be able to fill out a registration form.
- Ensure that the registration form is filled out with all the required information and paperwork.
- IMTS counsellors can help you with your application.
- A link will be provided to students for fee submissions.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Benefits of MSc Computer Science Distance Learning
The MSc Computer Science Distance Education course comes with several benefits and advantages that help students rising their career levels. Some of the major advantages of this course are:
- An applicant gets to complete their education without attending any regular mode classes,
- The average fee for pursuing this course is low compared to the regular mode of this course,
- Students getting admission in this course get to grab essential information about computer science that will help them in getting successful easily.
- Cloud computing, cyber security, software engineering, and human-computer interaction are some of the other subfields that can be specialized in within this field.
- The field of computer science offers a diverse selection of high-quality employment opportunities, each of which comes with a good salary.
MSc Computer Science Distance Education in India
MSc Computer Science in distance learning mode is approved by UGC DEB and It is offered by IMTS Institute to students. This course teaches about computer and software programming. The eligibility to pursue this course is BSc or equivalent bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Students must score a minimum of 40% marks in the previous exam and can apply for admission to the IMTS Institute. Students from several states such as Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh take admission to Institute.
Scope After MSc Computer Science Distance Education
Graduates of the MSc Computer Science Distance Education program can pursue successful and bright careers. MSc CS Distance Education students have a high career scope since they are able to apply for jobs in various sectors, such as the information sector, communications sector, media sector, etc.
There are big brands that recruit students after the completion of their MSc Computer Science distance learning. Also, there are job roles like IT Analyst, IT Consultant, Database Administrator, Software Programmer & more.
This course can earn an applicant an average salary package of INR 3.25 lakhs per annum to INR 8.65 lakhs per annum. The companies where students can apply for jobs are TCS, HCL, Dell, Oracle, and Accenture.
Employment Areas for the MSc Computer Science Distance Learning
|Technical Analyst||Network Administrator|
|Software Programmer||Product Development-Analyst or Architect|
|Software Designer||IT Consultant|
|Database Administrator||IT analyst|
|Professor||Web Application Developer|
Technical Analyst: The main job of a Technical Analyst is to perform research, identify faults, and recommends software and application to improve the quality of systems and networks. Students after completing the MSc in Computer Science can earn a decent salary package. There are many MNCs and organizations that offer jobs to such graduates.
Software Programmer: The main responsibility of a software programmer is to write codes for mobile apps and computer programs. They also try to reduce troubleshooting issues. They do everything to ensure that computer software and applications work smoothly.
Software Designer: “Unlock innovation as a software designer. Craft elegant solutions, transform ideas into code, and shape the digital future. Join a dynamic field where creativity meets technology, and your designs drive progress.”
MSc Computer Science Distance Learning Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Data Structures||User Interface Design|
|Object Oriented Programming||Computer Graphics|
|Computer Organization||Object Oriented Analysis & Design|
|Discrete Mathematical Structures||Advanced Computer Architecture (OR) Microprocessor & Applications|
|Software Engineering||Cryptography & Network Security (OR) TCP / IP|
|Distributed Operating System||Data Warehousing & Data Mining|
|Data Base Management Systems||Embedded Systems (OR) Image Processing|
|Theory of Automata and Formal Language||Artificial Intelligence (OR) Compiler Design|
|Design & Analysis of Algorithms|
MSc Computer Science Distance Education Skills
To get an MSc in Computer Science, candidates must have the skills needed to understand the fields in depth. Several skills are required, including computer skills, intellectual prowess, and communication skills which are useful in the future. The most important technical skill for someone who wants to get an MSc in Computer Science is the ability to solve problems. The following are some of the key competencies needed for an MSc in computer science:
- Critical Thinking
- Technical Skills
- Data Analysis
- Math Abilities
- Creativity Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Software and Hardware Skills
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ques 1: Is MSc Computer Science demanded in IT Sector or the government sector?
Ans: Yes, the MSc CS is approved by UGC-DEB. Therefore both private and Govt. sectors accept these graduates and offer higher salary packages.
Ques 2: Is the MSC Computer Science Distance Learning degree or certificate valid as MCA?
Ans: Yes, MSc Computer Science Distance Education is valid as MCA or other equivalent Master’s degree.
Ques 3: Can students pay fees in installments?
Ans: Yes, Students can pay fees in installments.
Ques 4: What will be the examination mode?
Ans: The mode may be changeable depending on university rules.
Ques 5: Can I do M.Sc in Computer Science in distance education?
Ans: Yes, The distance M.Sc Computer Science is approved by UGC. Therefore the students who complete their BSc CS or equivalent can do this programme in distance mode.
Ques 6: Is M.Sc from distance valid?
Ans: Yes, M.Sc from distance mode is valid if it is pursued by a recognized university.
Ques 7: Is MSc Computer Science Course from distance learning worth it?
Ans Yes, Indeed MSc in Computer Science from Distance Learning is totally worth it because, after that, students have many options. They can become IT consultants, IT analysts, Software programmers, and even more than that.