BSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023: BSc Home Science is a bachelor course offered by the institutions for the duration of 3 years that can be extended to 6 years if there are any backlogs or any other issues. The program in distance mode emphasizes the following happiness, and health of all people living in the home. The science portion of the course focuses on human daily life and the activities that enable people to maintain their homes and the lives of those close to them.
Admission Process: The admission procedure for the BSc Home Science distance education program is online. The general eligibility for this UG distance program is 10+2 education with 50% marks. This course’s selection is based on merit and depends on class 12th marks.
BSc Home Science Admission Updates 2023:
- 06 November 2023: The admission process for the Home Science courses has begun at IMTS Institute for session 2023-24. Candidates can apply for the BSc Home Science course until 10 November 2023. Apply Now
- 06 November 2023: The NIILM University admission process has begun for the BSc Home Science programme for the academic year 2023-24. Eligible candidates can apply by 11 November 2023.
- 06 November 2023: WC University is inviting online application forms for admission to BSc Home Science course. The admission process will continue till 11 November 2023.
- 06 November 2023: Admissions to BSc Home Science are ongoing at Subharti University. Interested and eligible students can apply for admission before 10 November 2023.
What is BSc Home Science Distance Education?
With the help of BSc Home Science Distance Education, people may learn the art and science of managing their homes, encouraging family well-being, and designing functional living environments.
The BSc Home Science distance education program consists of a syllabus that is divided into six semesters, such as food nutrition, family relationships, home management, civil management, sustainable development, food, and nutrition elements, applied life sciences and human health, and so on.
Learners who complete their 12th standard with 45% marks from a recognized institution and any equivalent can apply for admission into BSc distance education in home science. This bachelor of science distance course admission is based on entrance or merit score.
Students who complete this BSc course are likely to be able to pursue further study or get hired in careers such as food technologists, nutritionists, researchers, and many others after completing this course.
- BSc Home Science Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Home Science
- Eligibility: The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the Bachelor of Science degree in Home Science is to pass the 12th board examination with an average mark of 45%. The admission process will be based on merit scored by the students in the last examinations. There will be no entrance exam to get admission to IMTS Institute.
- Duration: At least a 3 years time frame is required for this course.
- Fee: There is a varying fee that is INR 15,000 to INR 55,000 per year.
- Career-wise: As the hotel service sector has gained rapid growth thus the number of jobs is also expanded. assistant manager, cabin crew, HM trainee, sales manager, and hotel manager are some of the job profiles with INR 3 to 7 LPA income.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Home Science|
|Eligibility||10+2 or Equivalent|
|Average Course Fee||INR 15,000/- to INR 55,000/- per year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
Is Distance BSc Home Science Worth it?
Doing a BSc in Home science through distance mode can make your career shine if you get this education from one of the top recognized institutes of India.
- Skills: Distance BSc in Home science can teach you skills in food preservation, human development skills, family resource management skills, research skills, oral and leadership skills, time management, and analytical thinking skills.
- Time Flexibility: Students can learn at their own pace and occasionally even asynchronously in BSc Home Science distance learning courses, which is not possible in a regular class environment.
- Fee and cost: Tuition and other expenses of this distance BSc course are cheaper as compared to a regular course. The academic fee for this program is average, starting from INR 15,000 to INR 55,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: This distance course in Home Science is making you capable of doing a job to earn money while studying for a professional degree.
Why BSc Home Science Distance Education?
Home science courses can be pursued by working professionals who cannot attend courses in person because of their work schedules, but they can obtain in-depth knowledge through distance education. In addition to practical knowledge, it requires a theoretical understanding of the subject matter. Students are not required to be from a specific course to apply to the course. Below is given some benefits of the BSc Home Science distance education program.
- Compared to a regular degree, the BSc Home Science distance education program is inexpensive and can be studied by any class of students.
- Distance universities offer admission to BSc Home Science programs by mostly ignoring the entrance examination at any level. Students may get the list of entrance examination-excluded universities for BSc Home Science along with free counseling from the IMTS Institute. Interested students just need to turn in an application form planted on this website with accurate details.
- The regular degree program does not offer adjustability as students get into the distance education program of BSc Home Science.
- Those interested in pursuing a career in the health and hospitality sector, both within the private industry as well as the government sector will find this course to be a great fit.
- In order to continue their education, admitted students in the BSc Home Science open and distance learning program are not required to travel to the campus. Instead, they can do so anywhere they choose to study with the help of the program coordinator and E-learning materials.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023
Online registrations for admission to the distance BSc Home Science course are currently ongoing at IMTS Institute for the July 2023 session.
Candidates, who find themselves eligible for admission can register on or before the last date 22 October 2023. The minimum eligibility criteria for making an entry to the BSc Home Science course via open and distance learning mode is HSE (12th) from any recognized board with least 45-50% marks.
Admission to this program is based on the qualifying marks scored by the candidate in the previous classes. Admission of candidates for this programme will be made via the application form which will be submitted online.
If students have any queries regarding admission, they can call on the above-given number. Our counselors will help them during working hours.
Once a candidate registers themselves, our counselors will contact him/her via call or WhatsApp to assist them in submitting an application form or clearing student queries regarding BSc Home Science distance learning.
BSc Home Science Distance Application Form
While filling out the application form, students should keep ready their all educational documents. All the details filled in by the student must be according to the educational certificates. The information must be correct and filled in by the student. If the information will not be matched according to the certificates, the form will be rejected.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Whenever an applicant aspires to get admission into the BSc Home Science Distance Education course they are expected to fulfill some of the conditions, such as:
- A pass in the 12th class is required by the applicant before filling out the registration form for admission.
- If a student has passed the diploma or any other 12th class equivalent course then they can apply for admission into the course.
- The selection of students will be done based on their previous qualifications.
- There are no specified age criteria announced by the institute for the selection of students.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Fees
Students interested in the field of home science may register by submitting the application form cost. They must first complete the online application form. There is no opportunity to pay the registration form fee; nevertheless, students can submit it using several online means.
Interested Students pursuing a B.Sc. in Home Science via distance education should be aware of the average course fees, ranging from INR 15,000 to INR 55,000 each year (may vary).
Subjects Under BSc Home Science Distance Education
This course includes the home science aspects which cover the overall essence of subjects like: –
- Human development
- Family dynamics
- Food preservation
- Personality development
- Fashion Designing
- Entrepreneurship development
- Basic research methods
- Family life education
- Family resource management
BSc Home Science Distance Education Skills
Over time, the knowledge we acquire in home science classes enables us to develop a variety of skills that enable us to solve difficulties in real life. The broad occupational profile is a key focus in the subject of home science. To be able to hire top candidates, aspirants must have a specific skill set. Skills required of BSc in home science graduates include:
- Team player
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
- Communication skills
BSc Home Science Distance Education Scope
There is a broad scope after the distance BSc in Home Science through distance education. The graduates of this course can easily find jobs as there is excessive growth in the food industry. Various jobs are available in hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, cafes, as a dietician, etc. It will only increase in the future. Therefore, students can easily opt for this course. They can also go for higher studies like MSc or Ph.D. in the same field.
Both the government and private sectors are offering various job positions to BSc Home Science degree holders. Students can prepare for government jobs like SSC CGL, Civil Services, etc. Students can also apply for teaching jobs at private and government schools with the required process.
Career Prospects of BSc Home Science Distance Education
Graduates of the BSc Home Science program can find work as a Hospital Attendant, Housekeeper Nanny, Baby Care Taker, Cook, Teacher, and Fashion Designer. The average annual income generated by a home scientist ranges between INR 3 to 7 LPA. Graduates of this field have become accepted in fields such as:
- Health Care Worker
- Interior designers
- Apparel merchandisers
- Food technologists and scientists in the food industries
- Nutritional consultants in food areas
- Biochemists and microbiologists in labs and industries
- Psychological counselors at the health
- Teaching professions
- confectionery entrepreneurs
- Researchers, etc
BSc Home Science Distance Education Salary
BSc Home Science is a popular course for science stream students. They can apply for it after the 12th. After completing it in distance mode, candidates can apply for different job positions for which salary structure differs. The average salary ranges between INR 3 LPA – INR 7 LPA.
BSc Home Science Distance Education Jobs Profile for Graduates in India
Private and public sectors are expanding the scope for distance BSc Home Science programs in India. Food processing, textiles, and lifestyle are just some industries where BSc Home Science graduates can find a job. The following are some distance education job profiles in India for those with a BSc Home Science degree:
- Research Associate
- Textile Quality Executive
- Food Technician
- Health Educator/ Teacher
- Research Analyst
- Food Analyst
- Research Analyst
- Health Coach
BSc Home Science Distance Education in India
In India, the University Grant Commission (UGC)-Distance Education Bureau (DEB) give authority to the universities to offer admission to distance education courses, and as per the UGC-DEB BSc Home Science distance education is valid in India. Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent qualifications are eligible to get admission to this programme.
IMTS Institute is a popular institute in India that helps students to earn UGC-approved courses at a reasonable cost. Students who are looking for a BSc Home Science correspondence course can enrol themselves by filling out the application form which is attached to this article.
BSc Home Science Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Presently, There is no university located in Tamilnadu that offers admission Home Science courses via Open and Distance Learning. But, IMTS Institute gives the opportunity for the students of Tamilnadu to complete their higher education degree in Home Science via distance learning mode.
Currently, admission to Home Sciences courses is ongoing at IMTS Institute for the academic year (July-June) session 2023. Aspirants who have passed 12th board examination from a recognized board can register themselves before the deadline.
Credential Which Makes Distance Education Different
This Bachelor’s degree can obtain through online education and distance education in many countries of the world. Online education and distance education has become much more increased because of their many advantages to everyone.
With the availability of online education as well as distance education, more and more people are pursuing this degree as a result of the availability of both.
- Healthy interplay with students and networking facilities.
- Different virtual specialist assistance.
- Provide video material for our students as per university rules.
- Unified curriculum for students.
- Superior support assistance.
- Infrequent residency experiences.
- Provide e-library, Study material Support.
- Do away with complaints with a mobile support system.
- Online specialist classes & Doubt Clearance Sessions depend on university rules.
FAQ Regarding BSc Home Science Distance Education
Ans- Yes, B.Sc Home Science Distance Education is approved by the UGC-DEB. Student certificates are valid in all government and private organizations. Their Certificates can be attested by government organizations.
Ans- Yes, B.Sc Home Science DDE Degrees offered by Universities are approved for study in India or Abroad. it’s also approved by UGC, DEB, and AICTE.
Q: Can I complete my BSc in two years?
Ans: The typical idea about what a Bachelor’s degree entails is that it needs to be completed over the course of three years at a university or college. In spite of the fact that obtaining such a degree in such a short period of time is possible, it is not very easy.
Q: Is BSc home science Distance education have a good career?
Ans: In the public as well as the private sectors, there are so many employment opportunities for Home Science graduates in distance mode, since they have a chance to work in sectors such as service and tourism, healthcare, education, and research.