MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education: MA Journalism and Mass Communication at distance education is a postgraduate course that leads to the learning of critical skills to analyze the spectrum of media and technical skills. For transferring information to audiences, this field involves the use of television, radio, cinema films, magazines, and newspapers which are essential components of mass media.
MA distance education in Journalism and Mass Communication involves learning various means of communication just to convey updates to a large audience. Generally, candidates in this course are given classes that teach and train them in photography, editing, writing, and reporting, among others. Candidates that successfully pursue this degree can be employed in broadcasting corporations, radio telecasting companies, advertising agencies, all India radio, press information bureau, etc.
- MA JMC Full Form: MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education
- Eligibility: It is a PG course for which you need to have a UG degree in the related stream but preferably in MA JMC. Entries on a merit basis are made by taking criteria of 50% marks.
- Duration: Only 2 years is the minimum time period that is needed even in the distance mode to accomplish the studies of this course.
- Fee: MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education course fee are INR 12000 to INR 20000.
- Career-wise: Such postgraduates are readily appointed as a journalist, art directors, feature writers, proofreaders, presenters, and so on. Almost a salary equal to INR 3 and INR 9 LPA is offered at such posts.
MAJMC Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Eligibility||Bachelor degree in any discipline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Fee Structure||INR 12,000 to 20,000 per year|
Why MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education?
There are many people who are interested to learn about Journalism and Mass Communication. Many graduates get to realize their career and take interest in Journalism and Mass Communication then, they can take admission in MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education. Nowadays, the media is getting the attention of people because everyone wants to know about the activities happening around them.
There are various reasons to choose MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education. Some of the main reasons include:
- This degree provides students with the opportunity to excel in their professional careers, including becoming a Journalist, Public Relations expert, Actor, Film director, and much more.
- With the help of this degree, students can pursue their dreams of becoming a photographer or cinematographer, providing them with vast knowledge related to their field.
- Students can also pursue different fields, including Radio, freelance writing and many more.
Is MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Worth it?
A distance MA in Journalism & Mass Communication is a worth it study course for candidates who want to join the mass & media industry.
- Skills: There are various skills that are acquired throughout the learning process of this course, and these are writing, reporting, research, data analysis, visual communication, graphics, mass media content creation, journalism, critical thinking and adaptability, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: A distance MA J&MC course is one the most opted degree course where candidates can learn and also save a lot of time to gain the related field experience by taking part in related activities.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of this course is INR 12,000 to 20,000 per year, this fee is reasonable for a MA J&MC Communication course in distance mode. There are no other expenses of convenience, assignments, projects, and so on.
- Earn While You Learn: Earning is the need of every individual, and specifically, the candidates who cannot even pay their fees can study this course and also work at the same time.
Distance MA Course Specializations
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into MA Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education course for the academic session 2023 is to be started by multiple institutions. The procedure for admission is mainly based on the merit list released by the institutions after comparing the scores sheets of the applicants in their previous and preliminary exams.
Students can apply for admission into this course by visiting the official website of the university and filling out the application form in the prescribed manner to submit their application. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and an aggregate score of at least 50% are eligible for admission after completing their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- There is a requirement for students to get a graduate degree first in any related discipline and study from a known University.
- On the least basis, the minimum score is students must be 50% throughout the last degree.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue this course is not required to appear in any admission exam as the entries are just based on basic merit criteria.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Application Form
To take admission, students have to fill out the application form. The form is given on the official website. Students have to fill out the application form with the correct details. Interested candidates will get a call soon for other formalities of admission. In case of any problem contact our counselor for help.
MA Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education Fee
MA Journalism & Mass Communication distance course is offered by a variety of universities. A specific amount of cost is charged by the institutions to the students who pursue this course. As it is a distance program, the concerned universities offer the course at an affordable cost. Students must pay the required amount of fee in order to complete the course.
Different universities offer different fees for students willing to pursue MA in distance education. However, the average course fee is Rs 12,000 to Rs 20,000 (Depending on the institute the candidate is willing to apply to)
MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education in India
The demand for Journalism and Mass Communication courses is increasing in India. The course is available at the Master level. MA JMC is a course of 2-year duration. Several universities are offering this course in distance mode. IMTS Institute also offers MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. Students can apply for admission to this course by filling out the application form given above.
MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education in Chennai
Students from Chennai who want to pursue MA in Journalism and Mass Communication can apply at IMTS Institute. This course is very popular among students who want to build their careers in Journalism. To get admission to the course, one should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Admission to MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education will be based on Merit list criteria.
MAJMC Distance Education Admissions Process
Every individual who aspires to this course can apply through the procedure below:
- Open the webpage of IMTS and go to the application portal.
- After giving details about your previous academics, you can submit the form.
- Prior to submission, a fee will be paid.
- Students can access IMTS counsellors for admission.
- It will help you for being automatically registered using the fee submission link provided by the counsellor.
MA Journalism & Mass Communication DDE Syllabus
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill-Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 1
Digital Media Arts (Foundational)
Television Production (Foundational)
Elective Radio / Photography
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 2
Main Course1 – Digital Media Arts / Television Production
|Electives – (a) Advanced Screenwriting (b) Advanced Cinematography (c) Advanced editing (d) Advanced Sound (e) New Media Storytelling|
Sound for the Media
Digital Media Arts Studies / Television Studies
Digital Media Arts Projects & Workflows / Television Production
Projects & Workflows
Digital Media Arts Production / Television Production
CBCS Theory paper
MA Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education Features
- Individuals enrolled in this course learn the concepts such as covering particular social and political issues of the society, expertise to identify news, history and role of journalism in society, and understanding of news.
- The scope of this degree is bright in various sectors even when taken in the online and distance mode which is the most used mode of learning nowadays.
- Degree holders get various options of employment in positions like journalist, transmission executive, columnist, public relations officer, news analyst, and so on.
- In such higher positions, one can have a salary starting from INR 3 LPA and that can rise with experience up to INR 9 LPA.
- It is a well-recognized distance degree program that also has approval from UGC and specifically from the Distance Education Board (DEB) to be offered in distance mode.
Scope of MAJMC Distance Education
The MAJMC distance learning course offers huge possibilities for students, as there is a high chance that they will be able to get a job after passing this course. As a result of passing this course, students will be able to aspire to become employed in various sectors in the future.
The average salary package that an applicant can aspire to get after passing the MA JMC Distance Education course ranges from INR 3.12 LPA to INR 8.32 LPA.
Job Types for MA JMC Distance Education
After completing MA in Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education, the students will have various options in the job sector, and below we have talked about some popular jobs after this course.
- Fashion Photographer
- Feature Writer
- Film Director
- Floor Manager
- Freelance Writer
- Art Director
- News Analyst
- Special Correspondent
- Staff or Freelance Writer
- Transmission Executive
- TV Correspondent
- Production Worker
- Proof Reader
- Public Relations Officer
- Radio Jockey (RJ)
- Sound Technician
Video Journalist: Students After completing the course in a minimum year of 3 years can apply for Video Journalist in many private organizations. They need to coordinate with other co-workers and edit the video.
Radio Jockey: A radio jockey is a person who uses their voice and talents to entertain, refresh, and provide information to the public or followers. They also take interviews with celebrities, artists, and specialists in any field to share their knowledge and publicity. The salary of a radio jockey starts from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,00 per annum.
Employment Areas for MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education
- Circulation and Public Relations
- Radio Telecasting Companies
- TV Channels
- Legal Affairs Department
- News Agencies
- Periodicals and Magazines
- Advertising Agencies
- All India Radio
- Books and Novels
- Broadcasting Corporations
- Central Information Service
- Photography Companies
- Press Information Bureau
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
- Radio Jokey
- News Analysts
- Freelance Writer
- News Anchor
- Video Jockey
- Proof Reader
- Television Reporters
- Advertisement Managers
- Screen Writer
- News Editor
Be the first to leave a review.