MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education: MA Journalism and Mass Communication distance education is a degree program having a duration of 2 years and studied at the postgraduate level. This distance course provides information about journalism, communication, and mass studies practices and principles. Various institutes offer this distance course to allow students to learn at any location.
MA Journalism & Mass Communication Admission Updates 2023:
- 07 November 2023: MA Journalism & Mass Communication applications are now being accepted by IMTS Institute for the 2023-24 academic year. 10 November 2023 is the last date for applications. Apply Now
- 07 November 2023: NIILM University is now inviting application forms for admission to the programme MA Journalism & Mass Communication for session 2023-24. The last date to apply is 11 November 2023.
- 07 November 2023: Subharti University is inviting application forms for admission to MA in Journalism & Mass Communication. The last date to apply is 10 November 2023.
- 07 November 2023: Students can apply for admission to MA JMC at Sri Krishna University. The deadline for admission is 11 November 2023.
Eligibility: It is a PG course for which candidates need to have a UG degree in the related stream but preferably in MA JMC. Entries on a merit basis are made by taking criteria of 35% marks.
Fees: MA JMC Distance Education course fees are INR 20000 to INR 40000.
Admission Process: For distance, MA J&MC courses, applications are accepted online so that any candidate can apply for the course easily.
What is MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education?
Distance MA Journalism and Mass Communication course teaches students about the media and journalism via different online tools, including virtual workshops, online libraries, and more.
A distance degree of MA J&MC is equally worth as a traditional degree and offers almost the same career opportunities. With this degree, positions like Journalist, screenwriter, Editor, and more can be pursued.
MA distance education in Journalism and Mass Communication involves learning various means of communication just to convey updates to a large audience. Generally, candidates in this course are given classes that teach and train them in photography, editing, writing, and reporting, among others.
Career-wise: Such postgraduates are readily appointed as a journalist, art directors, feature writers, proofreaders, presenters, and so on. Almost a salary equal to INR 3 LPA and INR 9 LPA is offered at such posts.
MA JMC Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Eligibility||Bachelor degree in any discipline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Fee Structure||INR 20,000 to 40,000 per year|
Why MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education?
There are many people who are interested to learn about Journalism and Mass Communication. Many graduates get to realize their career and take an interest in Journalism and Mass Communication then, they can take admitted to MA JMC Distance Education. Nowadays, the media is getting the attention of people because everyone wants to know about the activities happening around them.
There are various reasons to choose MA JMC Distance Education. Some of the main reasons include:
- This degree provides students with the opportunity to excel in their professional careers, including becoming a Journalist, Public Relations expert, Actor, Film director, and much more.
- The distance education MA Journalism and Mass Communication program offers flexibility which certainly helps students to maintain a balance in learning and developing two skills at the same time.
- The course fee in comparison to regular or online mode is low and turnkey for aspiring students. The details on the fee structure of each university have ahead provided in the article.
- The MA Journalism and Mass Communication program in open and distance learning mode is seemingly created in order to meet the demands of contemporary students who prefer to study whenever they want, without any constraints whether in a train, bus, or car.
- The regular advanced degree program of MA Journalism and Mass Communication admission is massively influenced by entrance examination-based merit, whereas the distance education mode of education avoids entrance examinations and offers admission largely on academic scores.
- With the help of this degree, students can pursue their dreams of becoming a photographer or cinematographer, providing them with vast knowledge related to their field.
- A student can also pursue a variety of fields, including radio, freelance writing, and many more.
Is MA in Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education Worth it?
A distance MA in Journalism & Mass Communication is a worth-it study course for candidates who want to join the mass & media industry. The two-year master’s degree program of MA Journalism and Mass Communication in the open and distance learning mode consists of an introduction to communication, types, and forms of communication, mass communication and its process, communication models, interview: importance planning, techniques, and so much more to study.
- Skills: There are various skills that are acquired throughout the learning process of this course, and these are writing, reporting, research, data analysis, visual communication, graphics, mass media content creation, journalism, critical thinking and adaptability, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: A distance MA J&MC course is one the most opted degree course where candidates can learn and also save a lot of time to gain the related field experience by taking part in related activities.
- Fee and Cost: Approximately, students are asked to pay INR 20,000 to INR 40,000 per year for an MA specialized degree program in journalism and mass communication in distance mode.
- Earn While You Learn: Earning is the need of every individual, and specifically, the candidates who cannot even pay their fees can study this course and also work at the same time.
Distance MA Course Specializations
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to the MA JMC Distance education course has been started for the academic session 2023-24. Interested students can fill out the application form attached above to book a session with IMTS Institute counselors. Our expert education and career counselors help you to know all about the Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication distance education course admission, eligibility, fee detail, application form process, etc.
The procedure for admission is mainly based on the merit list released by the institutions after comparing the scores sheets of the applicants in their previous and preliminary exams. Students interested in applying for MA JMC Distance Education admission to this course can do so by visiting the official website of the university and filling out the application form in the prescribed manner in order to submit their application for admission.
After completing their first bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and securing an aggregate score of at least 35% on the aggregate examination, applicants with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply for admission to the program.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
The MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Admission will depend on the eligibility criteria. The following criteria are mentioned below,
- There is a requirement for students to get a graduate degree first in any related discipline and study from a known University.
- On the least basis, the minimum score is students must be 35% throughout the last degree.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue this course is not required to appear in any admission exam as the entries are just based on basic merit criteria.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Application Form
Application form for MA JMC distance education admission has been released for the academic session July 2023-24. Eligible candidates can fill out and submit the application form attached above in this article to book a counseling session to know the complete application process, fee, required documents list, etc.
It is a very simple process to complete the online application form. All students need to do is fill out the above-mentioned form with the correct information. It is necessary for students to provide their name as it appears on their educational documents, their active phone number, their email address, and the name of their courses.
MA Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education Fee
Different universities offer different fees for students willing to pursue MA in distance education. However, the average course fee is Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- (Depending on the institute the candidate is willing to apply to).
MAJMC Distance Education Admissions Process
Every individual who aspires to this course can apply through the procedure below:
- Open the webpage of IMTS and go to the application portal.
- After giving details about your previous academics, you can submit the form.
- Prior to submission, a fee will be paid.
- Students can access IMTS counselors for admission.
- It will help you to be automatically registered using the fee submission link provided by the counselor.
Documents Required for MAJMC Distance Education Admissions
- 5 Passport Size Photographs
- Adhar Card
- 10th and 12th class Marksheet
- Relevant UG Degree
- Domicile Certificate
MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education in India
Journalism and mass communication courses are in high demand in India. The course is available as a Master’s degree program. Two years are required to complete the MA JMC program. A number of universities offer this course through distance learning. IMTS Institute is also a medium to pursue MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. This application form must be filled out by students who wish to apply for admission to this course.
MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education in Chennai
The IMTS Institute accepts applications from Chennai students interested in pursuing an MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. Many students who are interested in a career in journalism choose this course. In order to be admitted to the course, one must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Merit list criteria will be used to determine admission to the MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education program.
Distance MA Journalism & Mass Communication Syllabus
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill-Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 1
Digital Media Arts (Foundational)
Television Production (Foundational)
Elective Radio / Photography
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill-Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 2
Main Course1 – Digital Media Arts / Television Production
|Electives – (a) Advanced Screenwriting (b) Advanced Cinematography (c) Advanced Editing (d) Advanced Sound (e) New Media Storytelling|
Sound for the Media
Digital Media Arts Studies / Television Studies
Digital Media Arts Projects & Workflows / Television Production
Projects & Workflows
Digital Media Arts Production / Television Production
CBCS Theory paper
MA Journalism & Mass Communication Distance Education Features
- Journalism concepts like covering news, researching and covering social and political issues, history, and others are taught during the course.
- Even when taken in the most popular mode of learning these days, the online and distance MA in journalism & mass communication degree has a wide range of applications.
- Degree holders get various options of employment in positions like journalist, transmission executive, columnist, public relations officer, news analyst, and so on.
- In such higher positions, one can have a salary starting from INR 3 LPA and that can rise with experience up to INR 9 LPA.
- It is a well-recognized distance degree program that also has approval from UGC and specifically from the Distance Education Board (DEB) to be offered in distance mode.
Scope of MAJMC Distance Education 2023
The MAJMC distance learning course offers huge possibilities for students, as there is a high chance that they will be able to get a job after passing this course. As a result of passing this course, students will be able to aspire to become employed in various sectors in the future. Reporters and correspondents do this work for publication houses. To become a good reporter or correspondent, one must have good interpersonal skills, as well as know how to operate a camera and microphone.
In general, the average salary package that applicants will be able to obtain after passing the MA JMC Distance Education course will range between INR 3 LPA and INR 9 LPA, depending on their skills and experience.
It is also possible to increment in the salary after having a good experience in the same field. Candidates can get salary hikes, promotions, and other facilities offered by organizations after completing a specific time period.
Job Types for MA JMC Distance Education
After completing MA in Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education, the students will have various options in the job sector, and below we have talked about some popular jobs after this course.
- Fashion Photographer
- Feature Writer
- Film Director
- Floor Manager
- Freelance Writer
- Art Director
- News Analyst
- Special Correspondent
- Staff or Freelance Writer
- Transmission Executive
- TV Correspondent
- Production Worker
- Proof Reader
- Public Relations Officer
- Radio Jockey (RJ)
- Sound Technician
Video Journalist: Students, who have completed the MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education program from relevant institutions, can apply for video Journalist Jobs in big companies in India or foreign countries. A Video Journalist’s job is to edit a video, develop it, and report it. And the average salary package of a Video Journalist ranges from 1.4 Lakhs to 9.5 Lakhs, or it can range even more.
Radio Jockey: A radio jockey is a person who uses their voice and talents to entertain, refresh, and provide information to the public or followers. They also take interviews with celebrities, artists, and specialists in any field to share their knowledge and publicity. The salary of a radio jockey starts from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,00 per annum.
Screenwriter: Also known as a screenplay writer or scriptwriter, it has huge demand in the film industry and news industry. Having these skills candidates can make their future bright because of the huge demand, there is a good salary package is around 5 to 9 Lakh per annum.
Employment Areas for MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education
- Circulation and Public Relations
- Radio Telecasting Companies
- TV Channels
- Legal Affairs Department
- News Agencies
- Periodicals and Magazines
- Advertising Agencies
- All India Radio
- Books and Novels
- Broadcasting Corporations
- Central Information Service
- Photography Companies
- Press Information Bureau
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ques 2. What Is MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education?
Ans: Students will learn about writing magazines, newspapers, and other media in this master’s degree program in the media field.
Ques 3. Is it possible to get a MA in Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education degree through distance mode?
Ans: In India, a large number of UGC-affiliated Universities offer MA JMC degrees in distance learning mode including MA JMC.
Ques 4. What can you accomplish with JMC masters?
Ans: The following are some of the best career options after MA JMC Distance Education.
- Radio Jokey
- News Analysts
- Freelance Writer
- News Anchor
- Video Jockey
- Proof Reader
- Television Reporters
- Advertisement Managers
- Screen Writer
- News Editor
Ques 5. Who can apply for the MA JMC distance course?
Ans. Students who have completed their BA JMC course from a recognized university obtain good scores.
Ques 6. What is the average fee for a Master of Arts in JMC distance education course?
Ans. There are various institutions and universities that provide the distance course in MA JMC interested applicants can pursue would be INR 12,000 (approx).
Ques 7. Is distance MA in Journalism and mass communication valid?
Ans. Yes, a distance MA in Journalism and mass communication is totally valid. The UGC has granted permission to pursue this course in distance learning.