MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education: MA Journalism and Mass Communication at distance education is the postgraduate course that leads to the learning of critical skills to analyze the spectrum of media and technical skills. For transferring information to the audiences, this field involves the use of television, radio, cinema films, magazines, and newspapers which are essential components of mass media.
MA distance education in Journalism and Mass Communication involves learning various means of communication just to convey the updates to a large audience. Generally, candidates in this course are given classes that teach and train them about photography, editing, writing, and reporting, among others. Candidates that successfully pursue this degree can be employed in broadcasting corporations, radio telecasting companies, advertising agencies, all India radio, press information bureau, etc.
- MA JMC Full Form: MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education
- Eligibility: It is a PG course for which you need to have a UG degree in the related stream but preferably in MA JMC. Entries on a merit basis is made by taking criteria of 50% marks.
- Duration: Only 2 years is the minimum time period that is needed even in the distance mode to accomplish the studies of this course.
- Fee: MA Journalism and Mass Communication Distance Education course fee is INR 12000 to INR 20000.
- Career-wise: Such postgraduates are readily appointed as a journalist, art directors, feature writers, proofreaders, presenters, and so on. Almost a salary equal to INR 2.5 and INR 9 LPA is offered at such posts.
MAJMC Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Eligibility||Bachelor degree in any discipline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Fee Structure||Rs 12,000 to 20,000 INR|
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Features of MA Journalism and Mass Communication
MA Journalism and Mass Communication is a specialization course offered for admission by objectifying to provide knowledge related to journalism and mass communication. Students get to increase their knowledge and skills in these disciplines so that they can be able to look for a glamorous career ahead.
Students getting admission to MA Journalism and Mass Communication study about the various concepts and topics related to the media prospect. Students gain presentation and research skills that help them in presenting their views in front of the crowd and doing research work for a certain topic.
Why study MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education?
There are various reasons to choose MA in Mass Communication Distance Education. Some of the main reasons include:
- This degree provides students with the opportunity to excel in their professional careers, including becoming a Journalist, a Public Relations Experts, an Actor, Film directors, and much more.
- With the help of this degree, students can pursue their dreams of becoming a photographer or cinematographer, providing them with vast knowledge related to their field.
- Students can also pursue different fields, including Radio, freelance writer and many more.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Admission 2022
Admission into MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education course for the academic session 2022-23 is to be started by multiple institutions. The procedure for admission is mainly based on the merit list released by the institutions after comparing the scores sheets of the applicants in their previous and preliminary exams.
Students can apply for admission into this course after visiting the official website of the university and filling out the application form in the prescribed manner. Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institution can apply for admission if have got a minimum of 50% aggregate score.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Highlights
- Individuals enrolled in this course learn the concepts such as covering particular social and political issues of the society, expertise to identify news, history and role of journalism in society, and understanding of news.
- The scope of this degree is bright in various sectors even when taken in the online and distance mode that is the most used mode of learning nowadays.
- Degree holders get various options of employment in positions like journalist, transmission executive, columnist, public relations officer, news analyst, and so on.
- In such higher positions, one can a salary starting from INR 3 LPA and that can rise with experience up to INR 9 LPA.
- It is a well-recognized distance degree program that also has approval from UGC and specifically from the Distance Education Board (DEB) to be offered in distance mode.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- There is a requirement for students to get a graduate degree first in any related discipline and study from a known University.
- On the least basis, the minimum score is students must be 50% throughout the last degree.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue this course is not required to appear in any admission exam as the entries are just based on basic merit criteria.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Fee
Different universities offer different fees for students willing to pursue MA in distance education. However, the average cost includes: Course fee is Rs 12,000 to Rs 20,000 (Depending on the institute the candidate is willing to apply to)
MAJMC Distance Education Admissions Process 2022
Every individual who aspires for this course can apply through the procedure below:
- Open the webpage of IMTS and go to the application portal.
- After given details about your previous academics, you can submit the form.
- Prior to submission, a fee will be paid.
- Students can access to IMTS counsellor for admission.
- It will help you for being automatically registered using the fee submission link provided by the counsellor.
MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education Syllabus
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 1
Digital Media Arts (Foundational)
Television Production (Foundational)
Elective Radio / Photography
CBCS Theory paper
CBCS Skill Based paper
Media & Cultural Studies 2
Main Course1 – Digital Media Arts / Television Production
|Electives – (a) Advanced Screenwriting (b) Advanced Cinematography (c) Advanced editing (d) Advanced Sound (e) New Media Storytelling|
Sound for the Media
Digital Media Arts Studies / Television Studies
Digital Media Arts Projects & Workflows / Television Production
Projects & Workflows
Digital Media Arts Production / Television Production
CBCS Theory paper
Employment Areas for MA Journalism Mass Communication Distance Education
- Circulation and Public Relations
- Radio Telecasting Companies
- TV Channels
- Legal Affairs Department
- News Agencies
- Periodicals and Magazines
- Advertising Agencies
- All India Radio
- Books and Novels
- Broadcasting Corporations
- Central Information Service
- Photography Companies
- Press Information Bureau
Job Types for MA JMC Distance Education
Students can move for the job after completing the course in the field that is mention below.
- Fashion Photographer
- Feature Writer
- Film Director
- Floor Manager
- Freelance Writer
- Art Director
- News Analyst
- Special Correspondent
- Staff or Freelance Writer
- Transmission Executive
- TV Correspondent
- Production Worker
- Proof Reader
- Public Relations Officer
- Radio Jockey (RJ)
- Sound Technician
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Be the first to leave a review.