MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023-24: MSc Geography Distance Education is specially dedicated to providing an in-depth study of geographical branches that rely on economic, cultural, political, and physical elements. The two-year postgraduate degree program of MSc Geography in open and distance learning mode is the perfect advanced degree for a specific category of students who desire to study and research geographical components.
The MSc Geography ODL program four-semester covers a good deal of core and elective subjects dependent on both theory and practical instruction. The course curriculum of the MSc Geography two-year master’s degree program in open and distance learning mode consists of the following subjects— fundamentals of remote sensing, statistical technique, environment, and ecology, Geography of natural hazards, biogeography, philosophy of Geo-Science and so on.
The basic admission eligibility criteria for the MSc Geography ODL program is securing a BSc in Geography, or BA in Geography, or a related degree from an approved university with a minimum of 40 percent mark. On average, the fee for private and government institutions or universities is INR 19,000 per year. It is definitely possible to spot variations in the fee structure from university to university. The details on the same are handed out in the article’s specially designed section which can be traced ahead.
MSc Geography Distance Education is an ideal option for everyone who may not bore with the time constraints and expensive fees of regular learning. The course is advantageous for many other reasons that are marked in the following pointers.
- The distance education program of MSc Geography offers an E-learning facility to students—allowing them to access the learning materials anytime—they wish to study from anywhere—free of cost.
- The MSc Geography Distance Education program emphasizes self-learning. Self-learning is not a situation where students are completely cut off from communication with concerned institutes/Universities, but it is a balancing act to develop management expertise in students, which is beneficial in their personal and coursework development.
- The significance of the MSc Geography Distance Degree program lies in the success rate it has achieved for placing previous alumni in various professional fields of Geography at handsome packages.
- No admission in the distance learning mode requires the performance of the admission test or entrance examination for the MSc Geography Distance learning program if students apply through IMTS Institute.
The process of admission can be learned for the MSc Geography Distance Learning program with other important details from the beginning of the next section.
MSc Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc in Geography|
|Full form||Master of Science in Geography|
|Average Fee||INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year|
|Eligibility||Graduation (BSc Degree) with 45 to 50%|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
|Career Options||Geography Professors, Geo Analyst Trainees, Geography Teachers, and many more.|
Is Distance MSc Geography worth it?
Yes, MSc Geography Distance Education is worthwhile in learning and enhancing knowledge, whereas getting equal job opportunities as for the regular degree holders.
- Skills: The candidates who study distance MSc Geography gain excellent analytical skills, exploration skills, research aptitude, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, logical reasoning approach, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: In such distance learning courses, students are not bound to learn at a fixed time in a day; they are provided with their choice of setting the study timings, and all of these perks make this course time flexible.
- Cost: In distance mode, the cost of an MSc in Geography varies from INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per annum in most distance institutes.
- Earn While You Learn: Every student who desires or needs to work to earn some amount can avail of this flexibility through distance learning, where studies can be completed along with earning.
Why Distance MSc in Geography?
Distance MSc in Geography is a professional degree course with multiple profits and advantages for students. Some of the main reasons for opting MSc Geography distance course are:
- The demand for professionals who can easily handle and create an earth or country geography bond among workers has recently been high.
- After pursuing the course, students get to complete it at a lesser fee when compared with the regular mode course.
- The expected salary packages of applicants pursuing this course are comparatively higher than many other bachelor courses.
- By opting for this course, students will increase their geographical and research skills.
- The students will be able to develop a sense of kindness and nature that will help them in helping the people around them in every possible manner.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023-24
Admissions to the MSc Geography Distance Learning course at IMTS Institute have begun for the academic 2023. Fill out the registration form on the website page to register your name for admission if you are interested in applying or need any information about the course.
Our expert counselors at IMTS Institute are available to answer any queries related to the course or career of students via the official website of IMTS Institute – imtsinstitute.com or the above form. Students will be provided with solutions for their queries in every possible manner.
Master of Science Geography requires a bachelor’s degree (BSc in Geography preferred). The admission process will only be completed through the institution’s official website, so students will not need to visit the campus.
MSc Geography Distance Education Application Form
Students who wish to continue their studies after completing BSc or BA in Geography may fill out an application form. All documents must be gathered and submitted online with the application form. It is required that students enter their names as they appear on their 10th-grade certificates. Before the deadline, they must apply for MSc Geography Distance Education admission.
Distance MSc Geography Eligibility Criteria
This course is designed for those applicants who will match the eligibility criteria for MSc geography Distance Education course admission. Following of the criteria are mentioned below.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum score of 45% to 50% is required for Distance MSc Geography admission.
- BA Geography, BSc Geography, or another equivalent degree holder can apply for admission to Distance Universities in India.
- The degree should obtain by UGC-approved University for Distance MSc Geography course admission.
- No age bar for Applicants.
MSc Geography Distance Education Fee
Interested students who want to pursue MSc in geography distance mode must pay the course fee. The average fee for MSc geography is INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year (which may change according to the university’s demand).
MSc Geography Distance Education in India
In India, admission for the MSc Geography Distance Education course has started at the IMTS Institute, Students who are looking for admission to a distance MSc course can apply online. Various Distance Universities provide MSc Geography Distance learning, and IMTS is the best option for students. This course varies for 2 years and can be completed in 4 years. A student who has a bachelor’s degree in Geography is eligible for admission.
MSc Geography Distance Education in West Bengal
- Students who want to pursue MSc in Geography from a distance can enroll now for an ongoing session. Many institutions provide distance MSc Geography in West Bengal. Distance MSc Geography allows students to gain knowledge and skills without regular on-campus classes. IMTS Institute is one of the best distance education institutes in India. Students must check about Colleges and Institutes before enrolling in it.
MSc Geography Distance Education in Tamil Nadu
- Admission to this course is open all over India. Students who want to pursue MSc Geography from Distance can choose IMTS Institute because it is a full-distance education institute in India. In Tamilnadu, many colleges and institutes offer this course. Candidates who want to get admission to M.Sc Geography Distance Education can visit the official website of IMTS Institute and fill out the registration form before admission closes.
MSc Geography Distance Learning in Delhi/NCR
- Delhi/NCR has many top institutes offering distance MSc degrees in Geography. To enroll in this course, students must have a BSc degree. IMTS Institute, a well-known distance learning institute in Delhi/NCR, offers ODL courses. Courses offered through distance learning have become increasingly popular over the past few years. It is possible for students to finish their degrees without leaving their jobs.
Distance MSc Geography Syllabus
|Evolution of Geographical Thought||
Advanced Geography of India
|The physical basis of geography||
|Principles and Theory of Economics Geography||
Agricultural Geography (Elements & Applied)
|Advanced Geography of Monsoon Asia (Choice)||
|Geography of Rural Development (Choice)||
|Comparative Geography of USA and Russia (Choice)||
|Geography of South Asian Countries (Choice)||
Climatology and Oceanography
|Advanced Regional Geography of West Europe (Choice)||
|Man and Natural Environment (Choice)||Pedology|
|Quantitative Techniques in Geography (Choice)||
Benefits of MSc Geography Distance Education
Through Distance MSc Geography course will get numerous advantages to pursue this course. There is no need for students to attend physical classes in order to complete the course. The study schedule is not fixed; students can study at any time of the day and at any place that is convenient for them. The candidates must physically be present at the examination center in order to give exams. It is also possible for candidates to do this course in distance mode while continuing to work full-time. They can then apply for a promotion once they have completed this task.
Scope of MSc Geography Distance Education
The MSc Geography Distance Learning offers students several field options that will assist them in upgrading their professional careers. Students learn about climate, demographics, cartography, and other topics after enrolling in the course.
Students who have completed their MSc Geography Distance Education course can aspire for a job in various sectors like Universities, Environment, demographist, climate record sector, etc.
MSc Geography Distance Education: Salary
In India, the average salary for an M.Sc Geography student is around INR 3,40,000 to INR 6,70,000, according to Pay Scale. Graduates with an M.Sc in Geography may receive a salary range that depends on their specialization and knowledge of geography. Graduates are paid differently depending on the position they have been assigned.
Jobs for MSc Geography Distance Education
M.Sc. Geography covers both private and public institutions. The Master of Science in Geography can also lead to jobs in journalism, especially in travel industries.
|Geography Professor||Content Developer – Geography||Management Trainee|
|Geo Analyst Trainee||Accountant Assistant||Senior Geographic Technician|
|Geography Teacher||Geographic Information System – Technician||Geography Expansion Leader|
|Subject Matter Expert – Geography||Business Development Executive||Sales/Marketing Executive|
Placement Area after MSc Geography Distance Education
MSc Geography Distance Education FAQs
Ques 1: Is MSc Geography distance education UGC DEB approved?
Ans: UGC DEB has approved the MSc Geography in distance learning mode.
Ques 2: Is MSc Geography Distance Education in demand in the private or government sector?
Ans: The private and government sectors are demanding this postgraduate degree for the Job.
Ques 3: Is MSc a geography degree or certificate valid for government and private jobs?
Ans: Both Government and private organizations hire MSc Geography distance education degree holders.
Ques 4: Can I do MSc in Geography from a distance?
Ans: Yes, candidates who fully fill out the eligibility criteria for admission to the MSc Geography correspondence course can fill out the application form for admission. Eligibility criteria are mentioned above in the article.
Ques 5: Can I get govt. Jobs after MSc Geography distance education?
Ans: It is a UGC-approved distance education program. Therefore, various private and government organizations and industries hire MSc Geography distance education degree holders like a regular one.
|Course Distance Education|
|Arts Course||Science Course|
|Engineering courses||Commerce Course|
|Course After 12th||LLB Course|