MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023: MSc Geography distance education is designed at the postgraduate level to provide an understanding of relevant concepts like GIS, human geography, physical geography, etc. The minimum period to complete this course is about two years. It is more flexible to take a distance course than a regular MSc Geography course.
MSc Geography Distance Education program’s annual fees range from INR 23,000 to INR 33,500, making it affordable for geography students. Rest assured, the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Distance Education Bureau (DEB) have approved the programme, ensuring its academic quality.
For distance MSc Geography admissions, an online application system is used, making the process simpler for candidates. Bachelor’s degrees are all that is required of these candidates. Additionally, the cost of the study is affordable. The MSc Geography distance education programme at IMTS Institute is currently accepting applications for the 2023-24 academic year.
What is MSc Geography Distance Education?
MSc Geography is taught in distance mode, encompassing various virtual, not physical, resources. These distance learning resources include video lectures or recorded presentations, online libraries, and many more. With a distance MSc Geography degree, individuals can acquire a greater scope in the related working area by acquiring positions like GIS Specialist, Cartographer, Regional or Urban Planner, etc.
With this curriculum, graduates have many job options. They can work as teachers, geo analyst trainees, geography professors, and more. These chances are available in educational institutions, research organizations, government agencies, and commercial businesses.
Students can conduct research, apply geographical ideas to real-world issues, and promote sustainable development with this degree. Graduates can also participate in policymaking and understand the complex relationship between humans and the environment.
In conclusion, the MSc Geography Distance Education curriculum allows students to pursue their passion for geography and boost their job chances. With the help of expert academics and access to excellent resources, students may understand geography and be ready to face the world’s issues.
- The distance education program of MSc Geography offers an E-learning facility to students—allowing them to access the learning materials anytime they wish to study from anywhere free of cost.
- Self-learning is an important component of the MSc Geography Distance Education program. Students should keep in mind that self-learning does not mean they are completely cut off from institutes/universities, but it is about developing management expertise, which is beneficial to their academic and personal development.
- The significance of the MSc Geography Distance Degree program lies in the success rate it has achieved for placing previous alumni in various professional fields of Geography at handsome packages.
MSc Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc in Geography|
|Full form||Master of Science in Geography|
|Average Fee||INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year|
|Eligibility||Graduation (BSc Degree) with 45 to 50%|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
|Career Options||Geography Professors, Geo Analyst Trainees, Geography Teachers, and many more.|
Is Distance MSc Geography worth it?
Yes, MSc Geography Distance Education is worthwhile in learning and enhancing knowledge, whereas getting equal job opportunities as for the regular degree holders.
- Skills: The candidates who study distance MSc Geography gain excellent analytical skills, exploration skills, research aptitude, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, logical reasoning approach, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: In such distance learning courses, students are not bound to learn at a fixed time in a day; they are provided with their choice of setting the study timings, and all of these perks make this course time flexible.
- Cost: In distance mode, the cost of an MSc in Geography varies from INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per annum in most distance institutes.
- Earn While You Learn: Every student who desires or needs to work to earn some amount can avail of this flexibility through distance learning, where studies can be completed along with earning.
Why Distance MSc in Geography?
Distance MSc in Geography is a professional degree course with multiple profits and advantages for students. Some of the main reasons for opting MSc Geography distance course are:
- The demand for professionals who can easily handle and create an earth or country geography bond among workers has recently been high.
- After pursuing the course, students get to complete it at a lesser fee when compared with the regular mode course.
- The expected salary packages of applicants pursuing this course are comparatively higher than many other bachelor courses.
- By choosing the MSc Geography Distance Education course, Students are able to grow their geographical and research skills.
- The students will be able to develop a sense of kindness and nature that will help them in helping the people around them in every possible manner.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023
Admissions to the MSc Geography Distance Learning course at IMTS Institute have begun for the academic session 2023. Fill out the registration form on the website page to register your name for admission if you are interested in applying or need any information about the course. 10 November 2023 is the last date to apply for online admission.
Our expert counselors at IMTS Institute are available to answer any queries related to the course or career of students via the official website of IMTS Institute – imtsinstitute.com or the above form. Students will be provided with solutions for their queries in every possible manner. Students can also contact our counselor regarding their queries.
Master of Science Geography requires a bachelor’s degree (BSc in Geography preferred). The admission process will only be completed through the institution’s official website, so students will not need to visit the campus.
MSc Geography Distance Education Application Form 2023
Applicants are required to enroll for the MSc in Geography Distance Education course before 10 November 2023. Students who wish to continue their studies after completing BSc or BA in Geography may fill out an application form. All documents must be gathered and submitted online with the application form. It is required that students enter their names as they appear on their 10th-grade certificates. Before the deadline, they must apply for MSc Geography Distance Education admission.
Distance MSc Geography Eligibility Criteria
This course is designed for those applicants who will match the eligibility criteria for MSc geography Distance Education course admission. Following of the criteria are mentioned below.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum score of 45% to 50% is required for Distance MSc Geography admission.
- BA Geography, BSc Geography, or another equivalent degree holder can apply for admission to Distance Universities in India.
- The degree should obtain by UGC-approved University for Distance MSc Geography course admission.
- No age bar for Applicants.
MSc Geography Distance Education Fee
Interested students who want to pursue MSc in geography distance mode must pay the course fee. The average fee for MSc geography is INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year (which may change according to the university’s demand).
MSc Geography Distance Education in India
In India, admission for the MSc Geography Distance Education course has started at the IMTS Institute, Students who are looking for admission to a distance MSc course can apply online. Various Distance Universities provide MSc Geography Distance learning, and IMTS is the best option for students. This course varies for 2 years and can be completed in 4 years. A student who has a bachelor’s degree in Geography is eligible for admission.
IMTS Institute is offering admission to MSc in Geography course to all students from any state of India. Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Haryana have the largest number of students at this institute.
MSc in Geography degree holder has a wide scope in India. They can become teachers and archaeologists. Students can also continue for research-level education. A decent salary package is offered to such graduates.
MSc Geography Distance Education in West Bengal
- Students from west Bengal can apply for admission to MSc Geography distance learning courses at IMTS Institute. Currently, admission to this programme is ongoing for the session 2023-24.
- Distance MSc Geography allows students to gain knowledge and skills without regular on-campus classes. IMTS Institute is one of the best distance education institutes in India.
MSc Geography Distance Education in Tamil Nadu
- Admission to this course is open all over India. Students who want to pursue MSc Geography from Distance can choose IMTS Institute because it is a full-distance education institute in India. In Tamilnadu, many colleges and institutes offer this course. Candidates who want to get admission to M.Sc Geography Distance Education can visit the official website of IMTS Institute and fill out the registration form before admission closes.
MSc Geography Distance Learning in Delhi/NCR
- Delhi/NCR has many top institutes offering distance MSc degrees in Geography. To enroll in this course, students must have a BSc degree. IMTS Institute, a well-known distance learning institute in Delhi/NCR, offers ODL courses. Courses offered through distance learning have become increasingly popular over the past few years. It is possible for students to finish their degrees without leaving their jobs.
Distance MSc Geography Syllabus
|Evolution of Geographical Thought||
Advanced Geography of India
|The physical basis of geography||
|Principles and Theory of Economics Geography||
Agricultural Geography (Elements & Applied)
|Advanced Geography of Monsoon Asia (Choice)||
|Geography of Rural Development (Choice)||
|Comparative Geography of USA and Russia (Choice)||
|Geography of South Asian Countries (Choice)||
Climatology and Oceanography
|Advanced Regional Geography of West Europe (Choice)||
|Man and Natural Environment (Choice)||Pedology|
|Quantitative Techniques in Geography (Choice)||
Benefits of MSc Geography Distance Education
Distance MSc Geography course will get numerous advantages to pursue this course. There is no need for students to attend physical classes in order to complete the course. The study schedule is not fixed; students can study at any time of the day and at any place that is convenient for them. The candidates must physically be present at the examination center in order to give exams.
It is also possible for candidates to do this course in distance mode while continuing to work full-time. They can then apply for a promotion once they have completed this task.
Scope of MSc Geography Distance Education
MSc Geography Distance Learning offers students several field options that will assist them in upgrading their professional careers. Students learn about climate, demographics, cartography, and other topics after enrolling in the course.
Job-oriented training is emphasized in the course. In both the public and private sectors, students can pursue a variety of careers after completing this course. Students who have completed their MSc Geography Distance Education course can aspire for a job in various sectors like Universities, Environment, demographist, climate record sector, etc.
Apart from jobs, one can also continue their higher education at PhD level. Students who want to pursue their careers in the research field can enrol in PhD courses. The students can become research scholars and professors of Geography after completing the course.
MSc Geography Distance Education: Salary
In India, the average salary for an M.Sc Geography student is around INR 3,40,000 to INR 6,70,000, according to PayScale. Graduates with an M.Sc in Geography may receive a salary range that depends on their specialization and knowledge of geography. Graduates are paid differently depending on the position they have been assigned.
Jobs for MSc Geography Distance Education
M.Sc. Geography covers both private and public institutions. The Master of Science in Geography can also lead to jobs in journalism, especially in travel industries.
|Geography Professor||Content Developer – Geography||Management Trainee|
|Geo Analyst Trainee||Accountant Assistant||Senior Geographic Technician|
|Geography Teacher||Geographic Information System – Technician||Geography Expansion Leader|
|Subject Matter Expert – Geography||Business Development Executive||Sales/Marketing Executive|
Placement Area after MSc Geography Distance Education
MSc Geography Distance Education FAQs?
Ques 1: Is MSc Geography distance education UGC DEB approved?
Ans: UGC DEB has approved the MSc Geography in distance learning mode.
Ques 2: Is MSc Geography Distance Education in demand in the private or government sector?
Ans: The private and government sectors are demanding this postgraduate degree for the Job.
Ques 3: Is MSc a geography degree or certificate valid for government and private jobs?
Ans: Both Government and private organizations hire MSc Geography distance education degree holders.
Ques 4: Can I do MSc in Geography from a distance?
Ans: Yes, candidates who fully fill out the eligibility criteria for admission to the MSc Geography correspondence course can fill out the application form for admission. Eligibility criteria are mentioned above in the article.
Ques 5: Can I get govt. Jobs after MSc Geography distance education?
Ans: It is a UGC-approved distance education program. Therefore, various private and government organizations and industries hire MSc Geography distance education degree holders like regular one.
Ques 6: Is there any scope for MSc Geography Distance education?
Ans: The degree of M.Sc. enables a variety of careers in Geography. A demographic, cartographer, agricultural specialist, climatologist, urban and regional planner, environment manager, remote sensing specialist, and National Park Service ranger are just some of the jobs available.