MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023: Admission for MSc in Geography distance course is ongoing at IMTS Institute. Master of Science in Geography is a 2-years postgraduate course in the science stream. Geography is the study that comprises the distribution of resources, elements, natural & artificial developments & many more. This course can be done in distance mode.
Distance MSc Geography is available for admission at IMTS Institute. MSc Geography is offered in distance learning at various top colleges in India. This master’s degree in Geography after qualifying for all the semester exams within a minimum time of 2 years. However, it also offers a maximum time of 4 years to complete the course. This program is ideal for students who want to make a career as subject-matter experts, Geo analyst trainees, and Geography professors, Teachers.
- Course Full form: Master of Science in Geography
- Duration: The minimum length of this distance MSc program is 2 years.
- Eligibility: It requires first completing the BSc degree in geography or a related discipline from a reputed college/University.
- Fee: For the first year, the fees vary according to the institute and the average fee is INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year.
- Career Options: There are various career options after completing the MSc in Geography Students can become Geography Professors, Geo Analyst Trainees, Geography Teachers, and many more.
MSc Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Science in Geography|
|Fee Structure||INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year|
|Eligibility||Graduation with 45-50% (BSc Degree)|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
Is Distance MSc Geography worth it?
Yes, Distance MSc Geography is worthwhile in learning and enhancing knowledge, whereas getting equal job opportunities as for the regular degree holders.
- Skills: The candidates who study distance MSc Geography gain excellent analytical skills, exploration skills, research aptitude, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, logical reasoning approach, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: In such distance learning courses, students are not bound to learning at a fixed time in a day; they are provided with their choice of setting the study timings, and all of these perks make this course time flexible.
- Fee and Cost: In distance mode, the cost of an MSc in Geography varies from INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per annum in most distance institutes.
- Earn While You Learn: Every student who desires or is in need of working for the purpose of earning some amount can avail of this flexibility through distance learning, where studies can be completed along with earning.
Why Distance MSc in Geography?
Distance MSc in Geography is a professional degree course that comes with multiple profits and advantages for students. Some of the main reasons for opting MSc Geography distance course are:
- The demand for professionals who can easily handle and create an earth or country geography bond among workers has been high in recent times.
- Students after pursuing the course get to complete it at a lesser fee when compared with the regular mode course.
- The expected salary packages of applicants pursuing this course are comparatively higher than many other bachelor courses.
- By opting for this course, students will get to increase their geographical skills, research skills, etc.
- The students will be able to develop a sense of kindness and nature that will help them in helping the people around them in every possible manner.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
MSc Geography Distance Education Admission 2023
Admissions to the MSc Geography Distance Learning course at IMTS Institute have begun for the academic 2023. Fill out the registration form on the website page to register your name for admission if you are interested in applying or need any information about the course.
Our expert counsellors at IMTS Institute are available to answer any queries related to the course or career of students via the official website of IMTS Institute – imtsinstitute.com or the above form. Students will be provided with solutions for their queries in every possible manner.
Master of Science Geography requires a bachelor’s degree (BSc in Geography preferred). The admission process will only be completed through the institution’s official website, so students will not need to visit the campus.
MSc Geography Distance Education Application Form
An application form is open to fill out for those who want to study further after BSc or BA in Geography. Students must gather all the documents that are required to submit online with the application form. Students must fill in their names as mentioned in their 10th class certificate. They must apply for MSc Geography Distance Education admission before the last date.
Distance MSc Geography Eligibility Criteria
The following are some important eligibility criteria for applying to MSc Geography Distance education.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum score of 45% to 50% is required for Distance MSc Geography admission.
- BA Geography, BSc Geography, or another equivalent degree holder can apply for admission to Distance Universities in India
- The degree must be obtained from a UGC-approved University.
- No age bar for Applicants.
MSc Geography Distance Education Fees
Interested students, who want to pursue MSc in geography in distance mode, have to pay the course fee. The average fee for MSc geography is INR 23,000 to INR 33,500 per year (which may change according to the university’s demand).
MSc Geography Distance Education in India
Students who want to pursue a Master of Science in Geography can apply for admission to IMTS Institute. In India, Various organizations are providing MSc Geography Distance Education and IMTS is the best option for students. This course varies for 2 years and can be completed in 4 years duration. A student who has a bachelor’s degree in Geography is eligible for admission.
MSc Geography Distance Education in Kolkata
Admission to the MSc Geography is provided all over India. In Kolkata, there are many top institutes where students can apply. They can also apply at IMTS Institute’s website because it is one of the top institutes offering distance education. Aspiring students can fill the application form before the deadline. They will be provided with all the information and will be helped in the whole admission procedure.
M.Sc Geography Distance Education in West Bengal
Students who want to pursue MSc in Geography from a distance can enroll now for an ongoing session. Many institutions provide distance MSc Geography in West Bengal. Distance MSc Geography allows students to gain knowledge and skills without taking regular on-campus classes. IMTS Institute is one of the best distance education institutes in India. Students must check about Colleges and Institutes before enrolling in it.
M.Sc Geography Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Admission to this course is open all over India. Students who want to pursue M.Sc Geography from Distance can choose IMTS Institute due to It is a top distance education institute in India. In Tamilnadu, there are many colleges and institutes that offer this course. Candidates who want to get admission to M.Sc Geography Distance Education can visit the official website of IMTS Institute and fill out the registration form before admission closes.
Distance MSc Geography Syllabus
|Evolution of Geographical Thought||
Advanced Geography of India
|Physical basis of geography||
|Principles and Theory of Economics Geography||
Agricultural Geography (Elements & Applied)
|Advanced Geography of Monsoon Asia (Choice)||
|Geography of Rural Development (Choice)||
|Comparative Geography of USA and Russia (Choice)||
|Geography of South Asian Countries (Choice)||
Climatology and Oceanography
|Advanced Regional Geography of West Europe (Choice)||
|Man and Natural Environment (Choice)||Pedology|
|Quantitative Techniques in Geography (Choice)||
MSc Geography Distance Learning in Delhi/NCR
Delhi/NCR has many top institutes offering distance MSc degrees in Geography. In order to enroll in this course, students must have a BSc degree. IMTS Institute, a well-known open and distance learning institute in Delhi/NCR, offers ODL courses. Courses offered through distance learning have become increasingly popular over the past few years. It is possible for students to finish their degrees without leaving their jobs.
Benefits of MSc Geography Distance Education
An MSc in Geography through distance education provides multiple advantages to students. Students can pursue the course without attending physical classes. There is no fixed timetable; studies can be done at any time suitable to students. They just need to give exams by being physically present at the exam centre. Candidates can also continue with their jobs along with doing this course in distance mode. After doing it, they can apply for promotion.
Scope of MSc Geography Distance Education
MSc Geography Distance Learning comes with several field options for the students that help them in upgrading their professional life. Students, after enrolling in the course, are provided knowledge related to the prospects of climate, demographics, cartography & more.
Students who have completed their MSc Geography Distance Education course can aspire for a job in various sectors like Universities, Environment, demographist, climate record sector, etc.
MSc Geography Distance Education: Salary
Pay Scale estimates the average salary for an M.Sc Geography student in India is around INR 3,40,000 to INR 6,70,000. Depending on their specialization and knowledge of geography, the salary range for M.Sc Geography graduates may vary. Graduates are paid varying salaries depending on the position they have been assigned.
Jobs for MSc Geography Distance Education
M.Sc. Geography covers both private and public institutions. The Master of Science in Geography can also lead to jobs in journalism, especially in travel industries.
- Geography Professor
- Geo Analyst Trainee
- Geography Teacher
- Subject Matter Expert – Geography
- Content Developer – Geography
- Accountant Assistant
- Geographic Information System – Technician
- Business Development Executive
- Management Trainee
- Senior Geographic Technician
- Geography Expansion Leader
- Sales/Marketing Executive
Placement Area after MSc Geography Distance Education
- Tech Mahindra
- HCL Technologies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ques 1: Is MSc Geography distance education UGC DEB approved?
Ans: Yes, UGC DEB has approved the MSc Geography in distance learning mode.
Ques 2: Is MSc Geography Distance Education in demand in the private or government sector?
Ans: Yes, the private and government sectors are demanding this postgraduate degree for the Job.
Ques 3: Is MSc a geography degree or certificate valid for government and private jobs?
Ans: Yes, MSc. Geography Distance Education is valid for both sectors.
Ques 4: Can I do MSc in Geography from distance?
Ans: Yes, if you fully fill out the eligibility criteria for MSc Geography admission then you can pursue this programme in distance education mode.
Ques 5: Can I get govt. jobs after MSc Geography distance education?
Ans: It is a UGC-approved distance education programme. Therefore, various private and Govt. organizations and industries higher MSc Geography distance education degree holders like a regular one.
Be the first to leave a review.