BA Geography Distance Education Admission 2022: BA Geography Comprises studies regarding various features of the earth that are taught to candidates. In this study, other factors that are related to the earth like soil, vegetation, and climate are also discussed. It does not only include studying the geography of India but of the world.
Field visits to various geographical sites are also made to provide students with practical experience in collecting data. This way students get more about the environment and the surroundings of that particular site. Individuals who pursue this course become geographers having expertise in geography both economically and socially.
Duration: The course duration is 3 years in general however based on certain factors there can be changes in the whole time period and it can be extended for 5 years. For the duration of 3 years, the study semesters are 6.
BA Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BA in Geography|
|Fee Structure||INR 11000 – INR 24500/ Year|
|Offered by||IMTS Institute|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
What is Distance BA Geography?
- Distance BA Geography is a UG-level of geography course, which provided the study of the Earth and its lands, features, inhabitants, and phenomena. After completing the Geography course, it has attached many career opportunities.
- However, this degree needs specialization since companies are enormous, and they have many aspects going on to manage the organization simultaneously. The Bachelor’s degree in BA Geography deals with the knowledge of not two subjects. It is going with the new trends that are also available in the patterns and teaching methods of distance education and online education.
BA Geography Distance Education Admission 2022
IMTS Institute offers admission into distance BA Geography for session 2022-23. Students can select this course as a core subject in the academic session- the mode of admission for this course is both offline and online methods. IMTS Institute offers these courses approved by UGC and DEB. The admission criteria for this course are based on merit.
BA Geography Distance Education Application Form
A student who has decided to pursue BA in Geography Distance Education can fill out the online application form. An applicant finds the online registration form on the official website of IMTS Institute. The Institute has opened the admission portal for the new admission for the academic session 2022-23. Students are advised to check their eligibility criteria before filling out the form.
BA Geography Distance Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate is considered eligible for admission to BA Geography Distance Education if that candidate has qualified for the 10+2 level of learning.
- In its last examination at least 50% score should have been scored by the candidate.
- Students with a science or arts background can apply.
According to the university, the Fee for both types of education varies while the off-campus (distance and online) education ranges from (INR 11000 – INR 24500/ Year).
Key Features of BA Geography Distance Learning
- In this course, students will get research skills, cartography skills, and most importantly the skills to analyze geographical concepts and then make reports for the collected data.
- With the advancement in technology, the course is now pursued through distance and online modes by most students.
- In distance learning, the course requires almost the same time period which is 3 years and 6 semesters in this complete time. This is basically a UG-category degree program.
- While taking admissions for these distance courses no entrance exam will be conducted for students to be shortlisted.
- This course has gained recognition to be equally valuable as that of the regular courses by UGC and DEB.
BA Geography Distance Education Admission Process
Every candidate should have to follow the BA Geography Distance Education admission process as described below:
- The website of IMTS will be visited to open the admission portal.
- This will register you for the course you have chosen in the form.
- You can also contact to admission counselor of IMTS for more details.
- Your registration will be made automatically when the counselor sends you the link and you pay the fee using the link.
After registration is completed an email confirming it will be sent to you.
BA Geography Distance Education Employment Areas
|Cartography Offices||Environmental Companies|
|Colleges and Universities||Urban Development Bodies|
|GIS||Residential Surveying Agencies|
BA Geography Distance Education Job Types
|Geography Teacher||Unit Sales Manager|
|Tech. Labs Researcher||MAP Consultant|
|Subject Matter Expert||Content Developer|
BA Geography Distance Education Admission Syllabus
|Geography of India||Physical geography I|
|Maps and scales||Representation of physical features|
|Representation of climate data||Human geography|
|Physical geography II||Maps projection|
|Economic geography||Introduction to remote sensing, hours GIS, and quantitative methods|
|Distribution maps and diagrams||Introduction to remote sensing and field survey report|
BA Geography Distance Education Scope
After completing the BA in Geography Distance Education, a student is eligible for the MA in Geography, and then after their Ph.D. BA in Geography is a UG-level degree. Both the government and private sector is providing a large scope after completing the distance education in BA geography. Students will get a decent salary amount after getting placed in the related sector.
Here are some employment areas mentioned below.
- Urban Development Bodies
- Environmental Companies
- Geographic Information Systems
- Colleges & Universities
BA Geography Distance Education Required Skills
People interested in teaching or social work will benefit from the BA Geography program. It provides aspiring welfare/socially engaged individuals with a variety of professional prospects in various international organizations. The following are required skills of BA Geography graduates:
- Critically interpreting data and text
- Analyzing and Problem-Solving
- Technology Skills
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, Degrees offered by these Universities are Approved for study in India, Abroad also other countries of the world.
Yes, Students can pay their fees in installments either semester-wise or Year wise.
An examination can be held in either offline mode or Online mode at the concerned centers as per university rules.
Be the first to leave a review.