BSc Agronomy Distance Education?: BSc Agronomy is an undergraduate course that takes 4 years to complete which is divided into 8 semesters. The course curriculum of the BSc Agronomy program is based on practical & theoretical classes. Therefore, BSc Agronomy distance education is declared invalid by the University Grant Commission (UGC).
Students can pursue this bachelor’s degree only in regular learning mode. Students interested in pursuing this program can do so in regular mode only. IMTS Institute is currently accepting the registration form for the regular classes, students interested in applying can visit the official website before the admission deadline of 28 February 2024.
The BSc Agronomy program comprises the study of core subjects like Soil science, Biotechnology, Environmental studies, Introductory agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Entomology, Agroforestry system, etc.
Eligibility Criteria (Overview): Candidates who pass the 12th class with Science subjects are eligible to apply for admission to the BSc Agronomy program.
Fee Structure: An average annual fee charged for the BSc Agronomy course ranges between INR 30,000/- to INR 70,000/-
Is BSc Agronomy Distance Education Valid? BSc Agronomy distance education is not valid in India. The University Grant Commission (UGC) does not give permission to any university/Institute/college to run the Bachelor of Science in Agronomy programme in distance learning mode.
Latest Admission Updates (February 2024)
- Apply for the BSc Agronomy program for the 2024 calendar year session; currently, IMTS Institute is taking applications for this program. 28 February 2024 is the last date to submit the application form. Apply Now
- The application deadline for the BSc program in the agriculture field at Mangalayatan University is 26 February 2024.
- Admission applications for BSc admissions at SKU University for the 2024 session are open in various specializations until 25 February 2024.
BSc Agronomy Course Highlights
|Passed 12th Class with 50% marks
|Rs 30,000/- to Rs 70,000/- per year
|UGC (Regular learning mode)
|INR 2.4 LPA to INR 6.8 LPA
Why Study BSc Agronomy?
The field of agriculture is vast and thus students learn here various techniques that are implemented to grow plants better. By focusing on this field students can play their role in enhancing the food, fuel, and fiber production of the country. This is a field that is directly linked to nature and thus students learn more about natural substances like soil, water, plants, etc.
Furthermore, this course when studied in distance mode is the most promising one as students can complete this valued degree without going to campus. They can get the study material at home and study at their preferred time.
List of BSc Distance Education Courses
BSc Agronomy Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are going to apply for BSc Agronomy admissions must consider the points given:
- Qualify the education up to the intermediate level from one of the recognized institutes.
- At least score 50% marks in the last passing exams of intermediate.
- There is no compulsory requirement for any experience.
- Without facing any age restriction, students are allowed to apply.
- Most distance institutes conduct entrance tests and most of these do not.
BSc Agronomy Scope
The scope for students passing with a UG degree of distance BSc Agronomy is wide in India as the country greatly depends on agriculture and also this degree is valued in foreign countries. There are various recruiters of scientific organizations in India that are working for development in the Agri sector and providing jobs to such degree holders. Some most prominent job positions offered here are corporate agronomist, rice breeder, agronomy officer, soil scientist, and many more. In the professional field, such graduates can earn around INR 2 to 7 LPA.
Note: As per the UGC, the BSc Agronomy distance education programme is not valid in India. One can pursue this course only in regular learning mode.