MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Admission: It mainly covers information related to different medical aspects. Students can opt for this course to get a master’s degree. Students can pursue an MSc Bioinformatics course only in regular learning mode. UGC DEB does not approve the MSc Bioinformatics distance course.
Bachelor’s degree holders such as BSc Physical Science and BSc Life Science are eligible to apply for MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Admission. The minimum duration to complete the course is two years. Students must take a maximum of 4 years to complete.
Students who are unable to pursue the MSc Bioinformatics course from the regular mode can apply for it through the distance learning mode. Through this mode, students will get the opportunity to complete the course at a comparatively low fee than the regular mode.
The students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a relevant discipline can apply for admission into this course if they have scored a minimum of 50% score in it. The process for selection of students for admission into MSc Distance Education is certainly based on the merit list process.
The fee for pursuing the MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education course generally lies between INR 12,550 to INR 45,850. Students, after completing this course, can apply for jobs at various profiles like bio-analytics, clinical pharmacologist, database designer, etc.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Science in Bioinformatics Distance Learning
- Eligibility: On a minimum basis, a student is required to have a UG degree like BSc Bioinformatics or another BSc degree relevant to subjects. It is necessary to have marked more than 50% in previous exams.
- Duration: At least two years are required to accomplish this course.
- Fee: The average distance MSc Bioinformatics fee is INR 12,550/- to INR 45,850/- per year.
- Career-wise: Various job roles after taking this degree will be Bioinformatics Analyst, Bio-Statistician, Bioinformatics Trainer, Team Leader, lecturer, and research scientist. Such job positions have a salary of INR 3 LPA to 10 LPA.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Bioinformatics|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||INR 12,550/- to INR 45,850/- per year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Eligibility||Graduation with min 50% in Science Steam|
It can find job opportunities in multinational companies and government institutes. And work as a bioinformatics programmer and bioinformatics analyst. Bioinformatics is a more opportunity for digital work in different fields.
Is Distance MSc Bioinformatics Worth it?
Yes, the Distance MSc Bioinformatics course can be worth the best if you get this degree from a top science institute in India.
- Skills: This program provides skills of Object Oriented programming, internet, database management, research, communication, writing, DNA Technology skills, and Java skills.
- Time Flexibility: Students of the MSc Bioinformatics program can schedule their study time around the rest of their day rather than the other way around. You can study and review the course contents at your own pace once you enrol in this course.
- Fee and Cost: This distance course is cheaper as compared to MSc Bioinformatics. The average academic cost of this distance program ranges from INR 12,550- to INR 45,850 per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: Due to time flexibility, students have a lot of time. So they can do a side job along with the study of MSc Bioinformatics. In this way, they can earn money while learning this distance course.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
Why MSc Bioinformatics?
Pursuing a master’s degree in Bioinformatics can be a valuable and rewarding choice for individuals for several reasons:
- This is an interdisciplinary field that combines Mathematics, Biology, and Computer Science. Students who pursue a Master of Science in this field gain a broad skill set that is highly relevant in today’s data-driven world.
- In today’s world Biology plays a crucial role in analyzing and interpreting biological data such as protein structure, DNA sequences, and gene expression profiles.
- The MSc Bioinformatics prepares a student to be integral to various areas of biomedical research including proteomics, genomics and drug discovery.
- The demand for bioinformaticians is continuously increasing in both academia and industry. Therefore we say that there are good career opportunities in MSc Bioinformatics. Students who complete this program can often find employment in pharmaceutical companies, healthcare organizations, research institutes, government agencies, biotechnology firms, etc.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to two year master’s degree programme MSc in Bioinformatics course offered for both academic (July-June) and calender (January-December) year sessions. Currently students are invited to register for admission to this programme for the academic year session.
Candidates for admission to the first year MSc Bioinformatics programme in the institute shall be required to have an undergraduate degree in the relevant descipline from a recognized university.
Here, it is important to note that the BSc Bioinformatics programme is not taught in distance learning mode. UGC and DEB not allowed to offer this course via distance learning mode. So, students can only register for the programme in regular mode of learning.
After completing the course, the student can work in any biological and molecule research centre as and bioinformatics engineer. This course is a higher degree in this specialization, and the Ph.D./MPhil is also available in this stream. Online admission mode is also available.
And also, one of the perks of studying through distance education is simple to get admission. Students must be eligible for the course, as this is a master course, and it requires graduation with a Bachelor of science.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Application Form
Distance learning students can apply now for a Master of Science in Bioinformatics. Application forms are required for admission to the course. The form can be found on the institute’s official website. As soon as the form is fully filled out, the institute will proceed with the next steps.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Fees
The annual fee for MSc Bioinformatics Distance Learning is INR 12,550/- to INR 45,850/- per year. Students who are taking new admission have to pay the fee to confirm the allotment. Usually, all amount of fees is paid by a student at one-time. If students have any financial problems, they can pay the fee in instalments also.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
A bachelor’s degree in a science discipline is required for students interested in doing an MSc in Bioinformatics via distance learning. Students must score at least 50% in their UG course, though SC/ST students get a relaxation in marks. Students in their final semesters of undergraduate courses who’ve passed their exams and are awaiting results can also apply.
Advantages of MSc Bioinformatics Distance Learning
- Time flexibility: These courses give the facility of time flexibility to the students because there is no fixed schedule for study. The most beneficial of this course is time relaxation. It does not bind the students to only study.
- Low fee: This course is quality and affordable. It has a total annual fee of INR 12,550/- to INR 45,850/-. The distance MSc program is a low fee structure instead of the regular MSc.
- Earn while you learn: The students can continue their studies and daily activity at the same time in this program. It is a distance mode course.
- Online classes: This program provides all lectures and books to the students online. Students can not appear in the physical class in this course.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Basic Mathematics||Bioinformatics II|
|Computer Fundamentals and Biostatistics||Bioinformatics III|
|Biomolecules||Database management System|
|Cell and Developmental Biology||Recombinant DNA Technology|
|Object Oriented Programming through ‘C++’||Project Work|
|Internet and Web-Based Programming (CGI PERL & HTML)||Molecular Biology|
|Practicals||Design and Analysis of algorithms|
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education in India
As per UGC DEB, the MSc Bioinformatics course is not offered in distance learning because it includes practical classes. Several universities/institutes offer this program in regular mode. IMTS Institute is the top institute that provides MSc Bioinformatics course in regular mode. Students with a Bachelor’s degree in BSc Bioinformatics or equivalent are eligible to apply for the institute website. Students from several states such as Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, and Kerala can take admission to this program at IMTS Institute.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Skills
Modern biology and medicine use bioinformatics to handle their information. It presents brand-new and cutting-edge methods for analyzing the massive amounts of data generated by genome sequencing. These days, it is both incredibly intriguing and challenging. For such research work, certain talents are needed, such as:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to use computers well
- Ability to solve problems effectively
- Working knowledge of technology and software
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Scope
The distance MSc in Bioinformatics has a wide scope, and it will only increase in the future. One may take up a job after completing the course or go for PhD in the same field. A variety of jobs are out there for the graduates of this course. Some of these include Bio-statistician, Bioinformatics Analysts, Database Programmers, etc. The amount of salary one can receive after having a degree of distance MSc Bioinformatics is INR 3 LPA – INR 10 LPA.
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Salary Structure
The salary for various job positions after completing the MSc Bioinformatics distance education is very high. The course is in great demand. Hence, the salary offered is also lucrative. The salary structure for different job designations is the following:
|Biostatistician||INR 6.9 LPA|
|Assistant Professor||INR 7.2 LPA|
|Pharmacy Informatics Associate||INR 5.3 LPA|
|Technical Executive||5 LPA|
|Research Associate||4.5 LPA|
|Bioinformatics Analyst||5.5 LPA|
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education Recruiters
Once you finish the Master in Science course in Bioinformatics through distance mode, top companies will recruit you. If you’re not interested in pursuing further education and want to find a job, you can work for some of the following leading organizations:
Types of Jobs After the MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education
- Assistant Professor
- Bio/Pharmacy Informatics Associate
- Techno-Commercial Executive/Technical Executive
- Research Associate
- Associate Director – Clinical Data Management
- Team Leader – Pharmacovigilance
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Bioinformatics Trainer
- Bioinformatics ‘C’ Programmer
Skills Required for the Best M.Sc Bioinformatics Graduate
Bioinformatics is used in modern biology and medicine to manage information. The program provides an overview of the most recent and effective methods for analyzing the massive volumes of data produced by genome sequencing. The following skills are required for MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education.
- Problem-Solving skills
- Computer Knowledge
- Technical Skill
- Communication Skills
- Hard Work Skills
MSc Bioinformatics Distance Education (FAQs)
Ans: No, it is valid only when completed through regular mode.
Ans: Yes, all Postgraduate courses are valid for an abroad country, done from a recognized university.
Ans: Yes, Students can pay fees in instalments.
Ans: The mode may be changeable depending on university rules.
Ques: What is the Eligibility for MSc Bioinformatics?
Ans: BSc Bioinformatics or equivalent with 45-55% marks must be required to get admission to the MSc Bioinformatics admission. Admission will be made based on merit/entrance, depending on the university/college. There is no specific age limit to apply for the program.
Ques: Is MSc Bioinformatics Hard?
Ans: The course is part of the science stream, as we know. As a result, it requires a lot of effort. You will gain a lot of skills and become capable of handling bioinformatics problems after completing this course.
Note: The MSc Bioinformatics distance course is not approved by UGC DEB. Because the course curriculum holds practical classes which are not possible through distance learning.