MSc Statistics Distance Education Admission: Master of Science in Statistics is a distance education postgraduate degree program designed for students interested in learning various statistical tools, quantitative methods, and data analysis to get a deep insight into different data types. It is offered for two years. Students learning this course get the flexibility to pursue it at any location.
Admission Process: The admission process for distance MSc Statistics by IMTS is simplified by opening an application portal where everyone can easily apply. One must hold a BSc in Statistics or a related degree to study this course. The minimum percentage needed for the MSc ODL Statistics degree program at state, central and other universities is between 40 to 50 percent. This course can be checked now at a reasonable cost.
MSc Statistics Admission Updates 2023:
- 07 November 2023: Application forms for admission to MSc Statistics programme is available at IMTS Institute, candidates can apply by 10 November 2023. Apply Now
- 07 November 2023: NIILM University has started online admission to MSc in Statistics course. Students can apply before the deadline 11 November 2023.
- 07 November 2023: Admissions to MSc Statistics course is ongoing at Subharti University. 10 November 2023 is the last date to apply.
- 07 November 2023: SKU is inviting an online application form for admission to MSc course. The admission process will continue till 11 November 2023.
What is MSc Statistics Distance Education?
Online learning tools, such as videos, virtual classes, and libraries, provide information and have interactive discussions among students. In the distance MSc Statistics course, students can easily submit their assignments through the online portals and appear in exams.
On the accomplishment of a distance MSc Statistics course, a degree awarded to candidates is equally valued in the job market as regular degrees are valued. Pursuing this distance degree will enable candidates to get career options like Statistician, Cost Estimator, Investment Analyst, etc.
Fees: The approximate fee for the PG distance learning program of MSc Statistics in private and government-administered universities is INR 10,000 to 20,000 per year.
MSc Statistics Distance Education reasonably did well in offering standard knowledge in the Statistics domain at the advanced level. There are several benefits that tempt students from all across the world, especially in India, to apply for this mode rather than going for regular learning mode.
- MSc Statistics Distance Education is for all students because it does not impose restrictions on certain groups by playing a game of cards on fees. This means— the fee for the MSc ODL program in Statistics is low and does not have any added expensive value.
- Students who might have left or eliminated the hope of continuing education in Statistics due to not satisfying the requirement of regular mode or finding the conventional mode appropriate can apply to distance learning mode because it is flexible and definitely does not concern students over time
- The value of the MSc Statistics ODL postgraduate degree program is the same in authority as it has approval from UGC and DEB.
The following sections of this article contribute to sharing information on the admission process of the MSc Statistics Distance Education.
Note: Those students who wish to apply without entrance examination for MSc Statistics open and distance learning admission, aspirants may communicate with IMTS Institute and schedule a free admission counselling on 9210989898.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Highlights
Why Study MSc Statistics Distance Education?
The Distance Learning MSc Statistics course is focused on making students experts in statistics so that they work in either the private or public sector. Such degree holders can be hired as a statistician in government ministries in order to monitor the fluctuations and rise of money on an international level.
These candidates will become skilled in data analysis by choosing the appropriate method and providing a conclusion after finding the solution to a problem. They also get abilities to work on computers and implement statistical methods on them. On its completion, this MSc Statistics Distance Education course will provide you with the best career choices in the government finance ministry and others.
MSc Distance Education Specialization
Key Features of MSc Statistics Distance Education
MSc in Statistics via distance mode provides a complete understanding of data collection, data interpretation, and data analysis.
- In this course, descriptive statistics is learned in detail, that are further helpful at the research level where it is needed to be verified via statistical analysis.
- Statistical methods are implemented to solve daily life problems. In order to be placed in institutes and industries, this course is very helpful for the stakeholders.
- As statistics is a branch of mathematics, its concepts are all related to mathematics; a student good at mathematics will be an expert in statistics.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Admission 2023
UGC DEB approved the MSc Statistics program in distance education mode. Many Universities and institutes are accepting the Distance MSc Statistics program for the academic year 2023-24. IMTS Institute is also offering distance learning programs to students. Applicants can fill out the application form IMTS from the above form to enquire about admission. Our Career Counselor will help students to take admission.
The counselor will tell you the complete process of admission and also help you to fill out the application form. The institute is accepting online application forms for admission to MSc in Statistics. All the admission processes will be completed in online mode. Students must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for admission.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Application Form
The online application form can be filled out by interested and eligible students. The form is given above on this page. Students should fill out all details carefully. It is important to fill correct details so that our counsellor can contact you for further admission process. One can apply for admission to MSc Statistics before the deadline.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Admissions are provided based on some conditions that are the eligibility criteria and are given here:
- Firstly passing the minimum qualification for graduation is needed for the students.
- The last degree must be obtained from a known institute, and the passing score of students is required to be 40% or more it.
- It will be preferred to have a BSc Statistics degree or other related degrees such as BSc Mathematics, and others will be acceptable.
- The age limit is not mandatory, and no entrance exam will be conducted.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Fee
The fee for the course in distance mode is low compared to regular mode. The institute changes the fee every year. The fee may vary from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 per year. Students can pay the fee online.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Statistical Inference-I||Econometrics and Time Series Analysis|
|Distribution Theory||Advanced Statistical Computing and Data Mining|
|Linear Algebra||Generalized Linear Models|
|Statistical Methodology||Multivariate Analysis|
|Survey Sampling||Statistical Inference-II|
|Probability Theory||Demography, Statistical Quality Control, and Reliability|
|PRACTICAL – I||PRACTICAL – II|
M.Sc Statistics Distance Education Subjects
MSc in statistics distance learning program covers topics such as measure theory, distribution theory, and probability. The course also covers computer programming, numerical analysis, linear models and regression analysis, inference, and sample surveys.
- Distribution Theory
- Time Series Analysis
- Measure Theory and Probability
- Multivariate Analysis
- Linear Models and Regression Analysis
- Matrix Algebra and Numerical Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Computer Programming
- Ancillary Mathematics
MSc Statistics Distance Education in India
MSc Statistics Distance Education courses are offered by a variety of universities. Applicants can apply at their desired university based on their merit score. Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university in order to be eligible for the program. IMTS institution is currently accepting applications.
Students are enrolling for MSc in Statistics courses from several states at IMTS Institute. In India, the Institute is very popular among students. One can apply online for admission to this course. Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Maharastra, Delhi, Assam, and Gujarat have the highest number of students.
M.Sc Statistics Distance Education in Kerala
Students of Kerala who have successfully completed their BSc Statistics or equivalent undergraduate degree are eligible to apply for admission to the MSc Statistics program at IMTS Institute. The fee for this program is very affordable for the students. Make sure to fill out and submit the online application form before the deadline.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Scope
After completing this course, students can apply in both the private and public sectors for top job positions. A variety of jobs suitable for these candidates are starting cost estimator, statistical investigator, investment analyst, subject matter expert, arithmetician, and so on. The degree holders can also continue their studies at the Ph.D. level after doing this course. Earning trends are also high in this sector ranging from INR 3 to 7 LPA.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Salary
There is a wide range of salaries associated with M.Sc Statistics jobs in India, according to PayScale, ranging from INR 3-7 LPA. An individual’s salary as a statistician is influenced by his or her education and experience in the field. There are three jobs after getting your M.Sc Statistics degree in India.
FAQs Related to MSc Statistics Distance Education Admission:
Question: Who can do MSc Statistics distance education?
Answer: Candidates must have a BSc Statistics or equivalent bachelor’s degree to get admission MSc Statistics distance education course.
Question: Is the MSc Statistics course approved in Distance mode?
Answer: Yes, MSc Statistics via Distance Education is approved by UGC.
Question: Can I take Admission into MSc Statistics Distance Education?
Answer: Students can apply at IMTS Institute for MSc Statistics Distance Education.