BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Admission: BA Travel and Tourism ODL course offered in multiple universities. Interested students must have passed 10+2 to apply for admission to the course. It takes 3 years of duration to complete. This is a UG course dealing with the learning of travel and tourism deeply. Students are taught to manage travel and tourism and develop strategies that help them to work without any hassle. In BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education, the skills related to travelling and tourism are imparted among students so that they can become good tour guides, tour planners, and so on.
Latest Admission Updates:
- 12 September 2023: BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Admission is ongoing at IMTS Institute for the July 2023 session. 20 September 2023 is the last date for admission. Apply Now
- 12 September 2023: Mangalayatan University is offering admission to BA course. 25 September 2023 is the last date to apply.
Tourist resort planning, hotel management, transportation, and all knowledge regarding these factors are imparted to the students. Through this course, students are introduced to various skills including client service, environment, ecology, intercultural communication, food service management, and many more. Students can take these skills as a base for moving ahead in the field of travel and tourism after doing the BA degree in travel and tourism.
- Eligibility: Aspirants need to qualify 10+2 board exam successfully to make eligible for admission to BA Hons travel and tourism.
- Duration: The duration required to complete this undergraduate degree is 3 years in total and this is the usual time period for this course.
- Fee Structure: Average fee range of BA Hons Travel and Tourism distance education is between INR 10,000 to 20,500*/-
BA Hons Travel & Tourism Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BA Hons. Travel and Tourism|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Fee Structure||Rs. 10,000/- Rs. 20,500*/ Year|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Duration||3 Year to 6 Year|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Why BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education?
Students who love travel and want to build their career in the tourism industry, have the best option to pursue BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education. As the course is available in distance mode, students don’t need to attend regular classes. They can continue their jobs and other activities in which they are involved. They can learn travel and tourism-related skills by doing internships along with their study.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education is a UG-level course and it is divided into six semesters. Apart from it, Students also have the flexibility in the completion of the course, as they can complete it in a 3 to 6-year duration.
Key Features of BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education
- Getting this degree will lead you to be completely aware of the travel and tourism sector and get to make an ever-shining career in various positions in this sector.
- In the duration and online mode, students can get access to this course in a more easy way of learning and with the same career scope.
- The various job roles one can get in this sector are hospitality executive, sales executive, marketing executive, catering supervisor, catering officer, hotel supervisor, hotel manager, cabin crew, etc.
- In its admissions, direct entries are made and no entrance exam is conducted in order to shortlist the candidates.
- Getting approval from UGC and DEB, this course is recognized all over the world and its scope is high in various related sectors.
Is Distance BA (Hons) Travel & Tourism Worth it?
BA (Hons) Travel & Tourism distance degree is the best opportunity for students who are interested in this field and also good for higher studies.
- Skills: leadership, teamwork, communication, analytical ability, business acumen, language skills, customer service, adaptability, flexibility, and many others.
- Time Flexibility: This course, in terms of time flexibility, is the most advantageous as the candidates are allowed to study when and where they want. They do not rush to reach the campus and attend classes.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of the distance education course BA Hons Travel and Tourism varies in different universities. IMTS Institute offered this program at a very reasonable and pocket-friendly fee range that is between INR 10,000 to INR 20,500*/-
- Earn While You Learn: Through this distance course earning is possible, and professional tasks can be kept continued where you are relaxed for meeting your financial needs, and this will also enhance your experience level in the related field.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Admission 2023
In this course, students can learn and develop skills in the field of travel and tourism management. After successfully completing this course the student can able to work in various sectors, which include tour operators, travel agencies, online retailers, accommodation providers, visitors attractions, and tourist boards.
- The travel and Tourism course aims at creating graduates who are active and energetic to hold this industry in the way of success. It includes the management of travel transport, accommodation, timings, Hotels and organizing the famous places in such a way that tourist wishes to visit there.
- Many universities provide bachelor of arts in Tourism and Travel, experts can increase the tourism trade. It estimates how many tourists visit the country each year and what effects are generated on the economy and its communities.
- Bachelor of Art honours in travel and tourism is an undergraduate course in the travel and tourism field. Students must have a higher secondary class, and with passing marks score they are eligible to get admission to the course.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Application Form
The first step to secure admission to BA Hons Travel & Tourism course at IMTS Institute is to fill out the application form given above. The form required a few details like the Student’s name, mobile number, Email ID, and Course. The details must be correct. Students will get a response from the Institute after the final submission.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The criteria for a student’s eligibility are based on previous education and this requires a minimum of intermediate-level qualification.
- It should be noted that the overall marks of students on a minimum basis must be 50%.
- For this course, students from the arts, commerce, or science stream can apply.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Fees
The fee for BA Travel & Tourism through distance education varies between INR 10,000 to INR 20,500 per year. To secure their admission, students are required to submit the admission fee. However, if students are unable to pay the entire fee at once, they can choose to pay in instalments. This option is beneficial for students who may find it challenging to pay the full fee amount at once.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Admission Procedure
Applications for BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education can be submitted in a common manner given here:
- One can apply to the course by visiting the IMTS website.
- This requires signing up first and then providing the details.
- Contact the IMTS counsellor if any difficulty is there in registration.
- That counsellor will send a link through which to pay the fee.
- Fee payment will secure your registration and automatic confirmation will be sent by email.
BA Travel and Tourism Distance Education Subjects
There are so many topics covered in BA Travel and Tourism distance education check out the following list:
- Innovative Practices in Tourism
- Tour Operation Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Hotel Operation
- Tourism in India
- Literature and contemporary issues
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Financial Accounting
- Air Fares & Ticketing
- Fundamentals of Tourism
Career Opportunity after BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education
BA Hons in Travel and Tourism distance education course provides the skill required for making a career in the travel and tourism industry. This industry is growing continuously, and there are many career opportunities available for graduates with this degree. Graduates may work in both government and private sectors. Students can work as Hotel managers, Cruise directors, Travel agents, Destination marketing managers and many more. Professional degree holders will get an average salary of INR 3 to 8 LPA.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Salary Offered
An amount of INR 3 to 8 LPA salary is offered to the Travel and Tourism industry specialist. This BA in Travel and Tourism is available in Distance learning mode as well as in regular classes. It is a full-time undergraduate degree program.
The most prominent posts in this industry are Cabin Crew, Catering Officer, Catering Supervisor, Marketing Executive, Hotel Supervisor, Sales Executive, Hotel Manager, Hospitality Executive, etc. The Travel and Tourism industry is large, but a few of its working fields are Airlines, Lounges, Bars, Hotels, Resorts, Restaurants, and many more.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Tourism Planning and Development|
|2||Tourism Policy and Strategy|
|6||Special Interest Tourism|
|7||The Significance and Impact of Tourism|
|8||Resort and Casino Management|
|9||Governance and Tourism|
|10||Human Resource Management in Tourism, Hospitality, and Leisure Services|
|11||Strategic Financial Management|
|12||Strategic Marketing for Tourism, Hospitality, and Leisure.|
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Scope
The distance BA course in Travel & Tourism has a broad scope. The candidates who are interested in tourism must opt for this course as it will provide detailed knowledge regarding the tourism sector and the places. After completing the program, one may either start working or pursue higher studies.
Here is a list of the available jobs. The course can also be followed by an MA or MBA in the same subject after the completion of this course. If you have a higher education degree, you will be able to enhance your knowledge as well as your salary structure as a result of it.
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Employment Areas
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Travel Insurance Companies
- Railways & Airlines
- Travel & Tourism Industry
- Educational Institutes
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Job Profile
- Tele Marketing Executive
- Travel and Tourism Manager
- Assist. Sales Manager
- Sr. Operations Executive
- Market Manager
- Travel Consultant
- Executive Sales
- Outbound Tour Executive
- Sales Representative
- Customer Relationship Manager
BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education Top Recruiters
Several top companies hire recent and experienced BA Hons Travel and Tourism Distance Education graduates to meet their needs. The table below shows some of the best companies that hire college students for campus placements or accept applications from job sites.
- Radisson Hotels
- Qatar Airways
- Air India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Ans: Yes, the Degree offered by these Universities is Approved for study in India, also other countries of the world.
Ans: Yes, Students can pay their fees in instalments either semester-wise or Year wise.
Ans: An examination can be held in either offline mode or Online mode at the concerned centres as per university rules.
Ans: Yes, this is UGC Approved University that is Valuable in all Government or Private Sectors.