MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission 2022-23: It is a 2 years duration course that is divided into 4 equal semesters of 6 months each so that the students can learn about the full syllabus step-by-step. Students who have interest in learning about biotechnology at the master’s level should opt for this course as it offers them the opportunity for learning from remote areas also.
MSc Distance Education in biotechnology is a specialized course focusing on subjects related to biotechnology while covering the basic concepts of the MSc course. Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institution can apply for admission into this course.
After completing the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course students can aspire for job at various profiles like a biomedical engineer, senior medical scientist, microbiologist, senior biochemist, etc. The average salary that an applicant can expect to get after completing course can get from INR 3,56,000 to INR 7,87,000.
- Course Full form: Master of Science in Biotechnology Distance Education
- Eligibility: BSc degree in biotechnology holder or any equivalent discipline can apply
- Course fee: Rs 10,000 to Rs 26,000 per year.
- Duration: MSc Biotechnology in distance learning is available in duration of 2 years.
Graduates of biotechnology schools can earn a master’s degree in the field. Molecular biology and engineering are combined in the field. Graduates go into research after graduation. Due to the fact that students do not have to attend college or university, distance education is easier to complete. Materials and projects are mailed to students. Distance colleges provide education circles where candidates can attend classes on weekends.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Biotechnology Distance Education|
|Eligibility||Graduation with 45-50% (PCB)|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||Rs 10000 – Rs 26000 /Year|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB Level|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
Distance MSc Course Specializations
Features of MSc Biotechnology Distance Learning
Students interested in pursuing MSc in Biotechnology in distance learning should know to follow the features of the programs.
- Biotechnology is an advanced technology in the medical science field. This kind of advancement leads to many superior job profiles in India.
- MSc in Biotechnology through distance learning is the best way to get PG degree while in work or research.
- Technology is about creating new products through modifications in living organisms & biological systems. The course leads to a broad scope like healthcare, pharmaceutical, research development & more.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education admission at IMTS Institute is going on and students who have interest in getting admission can apply for it by filling out the registration form. Students who are unable to pursue their studies in the regular mode should apply for admission to this course through the distance mode.
The biggest benefit for opting for admission to this course through the distance mode is that students will be able to get knowledge and a degree with the same value of the regular mode without appearing in the classes held at the institution.
Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a relevant discipline while scoring a minimum of 55% score can apply for admission to MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course. The selection of students into this course is provided by the students based on the merit list process.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education eligibility must Graduation complete with (45 to 50 %) in PCB/PCM.
For MSc Biotechnology distance learning, the typical tuition fee ranges from Rs 10000 – Rs 26000 per year.
Benefits of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
- Time flexibility: The students feel accessible in the distance mode because there is no fixed time for study. It is a free mode course for learners.
- Low cost: The distance MSc program is lower than the regular MSc. The average fee of this course is Rs 10000 to Rs 26000 per year. It is affordable and suitable for students.
- Earn while you learn: After completing the distance learning course, the students can expect a good job and a high salary graph. The candidate can work in different places because there is no time limit in this program.
- Online classes: All lectures and courses of this course are pre-recorded for students. The candidate can access them whenever and wherever when they want. It is the best option for online learners.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Syllabus
|Molecular Biology||Nuclear Organization|
|Modern Concept of Gene Organization|
|Transcription and Transcriptional Control|
|Control of Gene expression|
|Environmental Biotechnology||Status and Scope of Environmental Protection|
|Physicochemical and Bacteriological analysis of Soil and Water|
|Waste Water Constituents|
|Cell Biology||General Structure of Cell|
|Steps in Cell Cycle|
|Historical origin of Cell Biology|
|Cytoskeleton and Cell Motility|
|Genetic Engineering||History and Scope of Genetics|
|Mendelian Laws of Inheritance|
|Variations of Mendelian Analysis|
|Linkage and Crossing over|
|Cell types involved in Defence Mechanisms of the body|
|Functions, Development and Histogenesis of various primary and secondary Lymphoid organs in the body|
|Plant Biotechnology||Constituents and Concepts of Sterilization|
|Preparation, Isolation and Selection of Explant|
|Suspension cell culture, Callus culture, Protoplast Isolation, culture & fusion|
|Anther & Pollen culture for Production|
|Animal Biotechnology||Equipment’s & Media used for Animal Cell Culture Technology|
|Primary & Established cell line culture and Culture Media|
|Applications of Animal Cell Cultures|
|Serum Protein Media Viability and Cytotoxicity|
|Fermentation Technology||Basics of Industrial Fermentation|
|Design of Fermenter|
|Product Recovery and Purification|
|Industrial Production of Chemicals|
|Molecular Biotechnology||Isolation of Genomic DNA from bacterial cell / plant cell|
|Isolation of RNA from Yeast cells|
|Determination of Tm values of DNA|
|Isolation of Temperature sensitive conditional Mutant|
|Bioinformatics||Introduction to operating system and Basics of computer|
|Gene Prediction and Genome Analysis|
|Protein Structure Prediction|
|Food Technology and Nutrigenomics||Food Spoilage & Preservation|
|Methods of Food Processing|
|Designer Foods, Nutraceuticals|
|Genetically Modified Foods|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. 1 Is MSc biotechnology Distance learning valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans-1 Yes, the private and government sector accepts MSc Biotechnology.
Q. 2 Is MSc biotechnology Distance learning Degree or certificate valid for Jobs?
Ans-2 Yes, MSc Biotechnology Distance Education is acceptable for many jobs in different fields.
Q. 3 Can a student take the job after doing MSc Biotechnology?
Ans-3 Yes, many jobs are available after MSc Biotechnology.
Q. 4 What will be the examination mode?
Ans-4 Mode may be changeable depending on university rules.
Be the first to leave a review.