MSc in Biotechnology Distance Education: Master’s degree in Biotechnology distance education programme of two years duration and approved by the UGC in ODL mode. The fee for this MSc Biotechnology in ODL mode is INR 12,000 to INR 36,000 annually. Not all applicants are accepted for admission to this postgraduate program. There is a criteria that needs to be met i.e., candidates must secure a bachelor’s degree in biotechnology or any related science field with a 45%. The curriculum covers genetics, bioinformatics, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, genetic engineering, plant & animal biotechnology and more.
At the IMTS Institute, students can fill out the admission form for the Master of Science in Biotechnology distance education for the 2024-25 academic session. Candidates who are interested in pursuing this programme can visit the official portal of IMTS Institute @imtsinstitute.com or call 9210989898. The last date for MSc Biotechnology distance education admission is 15 March 2024.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: BSC degree in Biotechnology with min 40% marks
- Fee: INR 12,000 and INR 36,000 annually
- Subjects: Genetic Engineering, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics
- Career: Biotechnologist, Research Scientist, Clinical Research Manager
- Benefits: Depth biotechnology study remotely
- Specializations: Medical Biotechnology, Agricultural Biotechnology
- Admission Last Date of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education: 15 March 2024.
Admission to most universities in the distance domain happens to this program on academic merit.
You can read the following sections of this post to find out more about the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education program without having to go anywhere else.
If you are seeking admission to the MSc Biotechnology distance education program but are unable to access the path, then your worry is ours as you may contact us at IMTS Institute for free admission counselling at 9210989898.
Latest Admission Updates (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute invites Students for applications for MSc Biotechnology Structure for the 2024-25 session. Apply before the 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- Limited seats for MSc Biotechnology Structure at Subharti University for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply by 13 March 2024.
- NIILM University Haryana announces MSc Biotechnology Structure admission for 2024-25. Submit applications before the Last Date for admission of 10 March 2024.
- SKU University opens MSc Biotechnology Structure admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. The last date is 14 March 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences MSc Biotechnology Structure admission for the 2024-25 session. Apply before 12 March 2024.
- William Carey University invites Students for applications for the MSc Biotechnology Structure program for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply before 15 March 2024.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Highlights
|Master of Science in Biotechnology
|Graduation with 35% (BSc)
|Online / Offline
|Rs 12,000/- to Rs. 36,000/- per year.
|UGC / DEB Level
Why MSc Biotechnology Distance Education?
The MSc Biotechnology program, offered in distance learning mode for the last couple of years, gets quite a bit of attention from the community of students. The probable reasons for this rise are mentioned below.
- Students in the past 3 or 4 years get close to the gadgets which allow them to obtain more than they think to study, extending knowledge and expectations. MSc Biotechnology Distance Education suits this approach to learning.
- When you can study quite well through MSc Biotechnology Distance Education, why would you pay attention to the regular learning universities that consume time and money both greater than distance learning?
- The affordability of the MSc Biotechnology distance learning program is actually enticing students.
- As we mentioned before, students may study from technology, and that is what they get here through the E-Learning materials, audio-video lectures, and so on, to maintain the standard of learning. Mostly, the contents of learning remain absolutely free around the clock on the official website of the Institution or university.
The above-mentioned information is not even a summary of what you may get in the next sections, which are dedicated fully to the MSc Biotechnology distance education program. To know what we have for you, it is better to read out the complete article starting from below.
Is Distance MSc Biotechnology Worth it?
Distance MSc Biotechnology courses get popular and demand day by day for admission. In this course applicants will learn various skills and also get other benefits which are explained below, Interested applicants should them. Distance MSc in Biotechnology can be worthwhile if you get this course from the best institute.
- Skills: In this course, students will be able to get various biotechnological skills such as Food Technology skills, Cell Biology, Research, Analytical, Statistical, Communication, and Writing skills.
- Time Flexibility: With the distance MSc in Biotechnology, students can create their study schedules and adapt the course materials to meet their requirements and interests.
- Fee and Cost: MSc Biotechnology through correspondence mode is cost-effective. It is cheaper than a regular MSc program. The average academic fee for this distance technology course ranges from INR 12K to 36K per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: The flexibility of this Master’s program allows students to balance employment and family obligations with their studies.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
Features of MSc Biotechnology Distance Learning
Students interested in pursuing an MSc in Biotechnology in distance learning should know the program’s features. Here are features of the MSc Biotechnology Distance Education course mentioned below,
- In the MSc Biotechnology distance course, students are intended to have advanced knowledge of biological systems to create a good livelihood for the people.
- Students can even opt for a PhD after doing a Biotechnology course and gaining the highest education degree.
- Technology is about creating new products through modifications in living organisms & biological systems. The course leads to a broad scope like healthcare, pharmaceutical, research development & more.
- Biotechnology is one of the most relevant studies for students interested in making a career out of researching products utilizing biological systems & organisms.
- Most students have a bachelor’s degree in those who want to learn at a deeper level and want to work in the same field can opt for MSc Biotechnology Distance learning.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Admission 2024
The last date is 15 March 2024 for MSc Biotechnology Distance Education admission in the 2024 academic session. Master of Biotechnology distance education admission has started at the IMTS Institute for the upcoming 2024 academic session. Interested students can fill out the registration form by visiting @dde.imtsinstitute.com or calling 9210989898 for more information. Candidates have a bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology with min 40% of marks from any recognized university. The fee is INR 12,000 to INR 36,000 annually at the various universities for a distance master’s degree in Biotechnology.
At IMTS Institute, you can complete the admission process online. There is no need for students to visit the institute in person. Admission to the program is as simple as filling out the application form above. Students need to remember that admission will only be offered to eligible candidates.
IMTS Institute Prioritise Student Reviews
Great support & service from the entire organization plus excellent support staff each member has been vocally supportive and understanding.
I am here to share my satisfaction and appreciation to the service department of the institute. The service department is always there for you to help you out with your queries. Till now I had very good experience with the institute. Would love to see the same kind of good work in future. Keep up the good work.👍
IMTS was provided with all the guidance related to my study and career prospects. All the staff members are very cooperative, helpful and polite. Their team members enjoy being challenged by their students and their new queries. IMTS provides sufficient help and ease at each and every stage of the process. It was an amazing experience to deal with them throughout my process.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
To get the MSc Biotechnology distance education admission at IMTS Institute, students must have a bachelor’s degree in Science stream with 40% marks from UGC approved university. Applicants of any age criteria can fill out the admission form. And there is no entrance examination conducted for admission.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Fee
The typical tuition fee for MSc Biotechnology distance learning ranges from Rs 12,000 to Rs 36,000 per year. The institute offers an affordable fee structure to its students who want to enroll for a postgraduate degree in biotechnology.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Application Form
The application form can be filled out online by candidates. You can find the application forms on the institute’s official website. Upon submitting the application form, which is the first step in the admission process, the admission process will begin. Make sure all the details are correct to prevent the form from being rejected if they are incorrect.
Skills Required for MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
Skills and interests play an important role in understanding any topic. Our interest also helps us find some new and interesting facts about the topic. Some of the skills mentioned for MSc Biotechnology Applicants:
- Time Management
- Polite Nature
- Good Research skill
- Problem-solving skills
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education in India
In India, there is an emerging medical science field known as Biotechnology. Students interested in learning the core and advanced aspects of treating & modifying organisms for human betterment can choose this program. There are various top colleges & institutes that offer MSc Biotechnology in India from distance learning. Students should complete the eligibility criteria to get enroll without an entrance exam in the Distance MSc biotechnology course. (note: it may vary as per the university & colleges).
The demand for MSc Biotechnology courses has increased in India. Students are pursuing the course due to its demand in the medical sector. Students from several states of India are securing admission to MSc in Biotechnology. A number of students from Kerala, Haryana, Panjab, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and others are also applying for admission.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus of the MSc Biotechnology program is spread over four years. During this period, students study various subjects of Biotechnology that develop advanced knowledge and skills. Some core subjects of MSc Biotechnology are Environmental Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Animal Biotechnology, advanced biological chemistry, plant biotechnology, cell biotechnology, and more. The yearly details of the MSc Biotechnology distance education course syllabus are mentioned below in the table:
|Modern Concept of Gene Organization
|Transcription and Transcriptional Control
|Control of Gene expression
|Status and Scope of Environmental Protection
|Physicochemical and Bacteriological Analysis of Soil and Water
|Waste Water Constituents
|General Structure of Cell
|Steps in the Cell Cycle
|The Historical Origin of Cell Biology
|Cytoskeleton and Cell Motility
|History and Scope of Genetics
|Mendelian Laws of Inheritance
|Variations of Mendelian Analysis
|Linkage and Crossing over
|Cell types involved in the Defence Mechanisms of the body
|Functions, Development, and Histogenesis of Various Primary and Secondary Lymphoid Organs in the Body
|Constituents and Concepts of Sterilization
|Preparation, Isolation, and Selection of Explant
|Suspension cell culture, Callus culture, Protoplast Isolation, culture & fusion
|Anther & Pollen Culture for Production
|Equipment & Media used for Animal Cell Culture Technology
|Primary and established cell line Culture and Culture Media
|Applications of Animal Cell Cultures
|Serum Protein Media Viability and Cytotoxicity
|Basics of Industrial Fermentation
|Design of Fermenter
|Product Recovery and Purification
|Industrial Production of Chemicals
|Isolation of Genomic DNA from bacterial cell/plant cell
|Isolation of RNA from Yeast cells
|Determination of Tm values of DNA
|Isolation of Temperature sensitive conditional Mutant
|Introduction to operating Systems and Basics of computer
|Gene Prediction and Genome Analysis
|Protein Structure Prediction
|Food Technology and Nutrigenomics
|Food Spoilage & Preservation
|Methods of Food Processing
|Designer Foods, Nutraceuticals
|Genetically Modified Foods
Scope of MSc Biotechnology Distance Education
The students pursuing the MSc Biotechnology Distance course will be able to raise the level of their career as their skills level after completing the course will be competitive. On completing this course, students get to apply for jobs in various disciplines and sectors that will increase their success rate.
In addition to their research skills, they will be able to find and impart new strategies and products with the best results for their industries or food & research organizations. MSc Biotechnology Distance Education degrees are in demand in many sectors, including research, healthcare, genetic engineering, immunology, etc.
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Salary
The salary structure for MSc in Biotechnology depends on various factors. These include the college from which students have completed the course, the organization to which they have applied, location, experience, skills, etc. The average starting salary after an MSc Biotechnology distance education is INR 6.8 LPA to INR 13.5 LPA. It can also vary depending on the job designation.
There are many different branches of biotechnology in the field of biological science, so there is a wide variety of jobs, business opportunities, and research and development opportunities if you are interested in the field.
- Applied Microbiology
- Genetic engineering
- Research and Development
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education Employment Areas
MSc Biotechnology distance education degree holders candidates have a lot of career opportunities in different areas. They are paid handsome salaries by the private and public industries. The following companies can recruit them.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Serum Institute of India
- Bharat Serum
- Panacea Biotech
Job Types for MSc Biotechnology Distance Learning
MSc Biotechnology demand is increasing day by day. All related courses have become popular as a result of the technology revolution, for which organizations are ready to pay excellent salaries. The course can lead to a number of job options after completion. The following are some of the top job positions:
|Crime Lab Technician
|Quality Control Analyst
|Forensic Science Expert
MSc Biotechnology Distance Education FAQs?
Q. 1 Is MSc biotechnology Distance learning valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans: Yes, the private and government sector accepts MSc Biotechnology in regular mode.
Q. 2 Is an MSc biotechnology Distance learning Degree or certificate valid for Jobs?
Ans: MSc Biotechnology Distance Education is acceptable for many jobs in different fields.
Q. 3 Can a student take the job after doing an MSc in Biotechnology?
Ans: Yes, many jobs are available after my MSc in Biotechnology.
Q. 4 Is an MSc from distance education possible?
Ans: The distance learning option is available for pursuing an MSc degree. This allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the theories and processes that support your area of expertise.
Q. 5 Can I do an MSc in Biotechnology in distance education?
Ans: A student can pursue an MSc Biotechnology degree program in distance mode. Most colleges and universities are offering this course.