MSc Zoology Distance Education: MSc Zoology is a 2-year postgraduate program focused on animal biology, genetics, ecology, evolution and related areas. No entrance exam is required for admission, the admission is based on previous qualifying examination records. The eligibility requires an undergraduate degree (preferably a BSc degree) in relevant subjects with a minimum of 45-50% marks. The average annual fee for MSc Zoology distance education ranges from INR 13,550 to 82,250. The admission deadline for the 2024 academic session is 15th March 2024 at IMTS Institute.
The curriculum covers subjects like animal psychology, taxonomy, adaptations etc. The program allows flexibility to work professionals. After completion of this distance course, there is a wide scope for zoologists, researchers, lecturers etc. with an average salary up to 4-9 LPA.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Zoology
- Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: Completed B.Sc in a relevant field with 45-50%
- Fee: INR 13,550 to INR 82,250/yr
- Subjects: Animal psychology and adaptations, biology, animal diversity and taxonomy,
- Career Opportunities: Zoologist, Zoo Officer, Lecturer, Research Associate,ecotourism, environmental consultation, pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology.
- Benefits: Affordable fees, flexibility for employed students
- Specializations: Different areas of Zoology.
- Popular Universities: NIILM University, WC University, IMTS Institute.
- Admission Last Date: 15 March 2024
MSC Zoology Latest Admission Updates (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute invites Students for applications for MSC Zoology for the 2024-25 academic session. Apply before the 15 March 2024. Apply Now
- Limited seats remaining for MSC Zoology at Subharti University for 2024-25. Apply by 11 March 2024.
- NIILM University Haryana announces MSC Zoology admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. Submit applications before the Last Date for admission of 13 March 2024.
- SKU University opens MSC Zoology admissions for the 2024-25 academic session. The last date to apply is 14 March 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences MSC Zoology program admission for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply by 12 March 2024.
- William Carey University invites Students for applications for the MSC Zoology program for the 2024-25 session. Apply before the deadline of 15 March 2024.
To seek any assistance for admission or career counseling free of cost for the MSc Zoology Distance Education program, aspiring students can contact the IMTS Institute at 9210989898 during working hours—10 am to 7 pm.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Highlights
|Master of Science in Zoology
|INR 13,550 to INR 82,250 per year
|INR 4.4 LPA to INR 10.8 LPA
|Graduate with 45-50%
|UGC / DEB Level
|Zoologist, Zoo Officer, Lecturer, Research Associate, and more.
Distance MSc Course Specializations
Why MSc Zoology through Distance Education?
In the below section, many reasons are mentioned for pursuing an MSc in Zoology Distance Education. Students should read them to understand how the course is beneficial.
- The MSc Zoology Distance Education program remains quite reachable in terms of fees. The inexpensive nature of the MSc Zoology program by distance is ideal for those students who cannot afford to study in the regular mode.
- Employed students can also reunite with education in the Zoology field without investing a great deal of time.
- Students who travel a lot do not need to bother because they can study through E-learning wherever and whenever they wish to.
- E-learning materials of MSc Zoology open and distance learning program remain mostly free of charge. Admitted students can download the learning materials of an advanced degree program from the official portal of the university.
- Students who desire to attend college classes may also see their dreams come true by coming to the campuses on the weekends to attend PCP classes for the MSc Zoology course from Distance Learning.
- MSc Zoology Distance Education is approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Everything you have read so far is merely a preview of what you will learn in the sections that follow this article on Distance Education MSc Zoology.
Is Distance MSc Zoology Worth it?
MSc Zoology Distance Education is worth the best in the field of animal sciences. Students will get a bright career if student obtain this degree from the top universities in India.
- Skills: It teaches the skills of Animal Taxonomy, Caring Techniques for animals, Zoo Management skills, research skills, Applications of Biotechnology, and Communication skills.
- Time Flexibility: The aspect of freedom and self-care that the Distance MSc Zoology program allows you to enjoy is one of its unnoticed benefits. Students can learn in this course in whichever environment is most effective. Some people require complete silence to concentrate.
- Fee and cost: Traditional MSc courses are not pocket-friendly; as compared to these courses, MSc through correspondence mode is the cheapest. The fee structure for this MSc course starts from INR 13,550 to INR 82,250 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: This MSc program gives time flexibility that allows you to work in the daytime and study at night.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Admission
At IMTS Institute, Students can take an MSc Zoology Distance Education program. Students who want to sign up for the course can fill out the form in the article. Registration can only be done online, as registrations sent in by mail are not accepted. Students with a BSc in Life Science, Physical Science, or Zoology Hons can fill out the Distance MSc in Zoology application form to be accepted online.
Students can seek help if they have difficulties with the MSc Zoology Distance Education course or have questions about their careers. If that is the case, they can contact our professional counsellors through our website, imtsinstitute.com. Students will have as many opportunities to receive answers to their questions as possible.
Students must provide all of the required documentation to complete the registration process. It is important to provide student’s contact information, especially how to reach them. In case of any questions, students can call the above-given number.
Is an MSc from distance education possible? Students are always confused that an MSc in Zoology is possible in distance mode or not. The program is approved by UGC and DEB in distance mode and students can pursue the course in distance mode after completing the eligibility requirements.
5-star Rating From Students: IMTS Institute Google Reviews
Am happy with their service and communication. IMTS provides you complete guidance and support. It’s a trust worthy distance education group that ensures your satisfaction of professionalism.
Awesome Experience With IMTS Institute of Distance Education… All The Departments whether it may be service department Exam department Fee Collection Team Outstanding in their Own services… Very Glad after joining With IMTS Institute.. Thanks & Best Of Luck for their Future Performance.
I am delighted to write this review to express my sincere gratitude and admiration for Ms. Jessica in IMTS. The individual in question is an outstanding educator who has consistently gone above and beyond to support me, where as no one from IMTS responded me for last months.
Additionally her knowledge and expertise in subject matter is unmatched.
Thanks for the support
IMTS institute is very good & very helpful for students in taking admission and efficient for students. Customer Services is much better than other institutions & I want to say that this institute is beneficial if any students want to do any management relateds course.
Thanks for the service team for their excellent work
Thank you, Mam / Sir 🙏😊 for not only teaching me about the course but also about life. Your wisdom, advice, and mentorship have shaped my character and taught me important life lessons that I will carry with me forever. Coach, your belief in my potential, even when I doubted myself, has been a constant source of motivation & Indeed this IMTS institute is very good for study👍
Distance MSc in Zoology Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the MSc Zoology distance education course is allocated to students once they complete the minimum eligibility criteria for admission. Some of the basic requirements for admission are listed below:
- The applicant should have passed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institute in science background (BSc Zoology preferred).
- In the bachelor’s study, a minimum score of 55% is required for the applicant.
- For admission into this course, no specific age criteria are announced by the institution.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Fee
The average fee for the MSc Zoology Distance Education course ranges from INR 13,550 to INR 82,250/Year. Students who have completed the online application form and verified their documents must pay their prescribed admission fee. Students must note that fresh students’ admission fee differs from existing students.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Application Form
The students must submit application forms before the last date. Students should check admission instructions before filling them up. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below. All the details provided by the students in their application form must be in the correct format and according to the educational documents.
To secure the admission to MSc in Zoology at IMTS Institute, students should fill out the form given above. The form required a few details like Name, Contact Number, Email ID, and Course Selection. After submitting the form students will receive a response from the Institute.
MSc Zoology Distance Learning in India
In India, various top colleges offer MSc in Zoology courses via distance learning mode. Students interested in getting into these top colleges in India must register at the official website. Zoology is popular among PCB students who don’t pursue MBBS courses. As this course’s demand rises, various high-salary job profiles, like Animal Biologist, Animal Scientist, Forensic Biologist & more, are available.
Is MSc Zoology Distance Education Approved? Several Open and Distance Education Universities have been approved by the University Grant Commission-Department of Distance Education (UGC-DEB) to offer MSc Zoology programs in open and distance learning mode. After completing a BSc in Zoology or equivalent from a recognized university with 45-50% marks, candidates may pursue this master’s degree in distance mode.
MSc Zoology is one of the most popular courses in India. It can be pursued by eligible candidates only. Students from states like Tamilnadu, Delhi, Haryana, Panjab, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Kerala, and others are showing high interest in pursuing the course.
MSc Zoology Distance Education in Delhi
The distance MSc Zoology program is provided in Delhi by various institutes. The top institute offering the course in distance mode is the IMTS Institute, where interested students may apply before the last date. The application form is available on the website, in all the information must be filled in correctly. The counselors will assist them as soon the possible.
Distance MSc Zoology in West Bengal
The number of universities offering distance learning MSc programs in Zoology in West Bengal is limited at the moment. Students can also enroll at the IMTS Institute to pursue the course. You can learn more about the course by visiting the Institute’s official website and filling out the application form. Students interested in MSc Zoology distance learning can fill out the application form and receive complete information.
Advantages of MSc Zoology Distance Learning
The MSc Distance Education course’s major advantages are given to students who are looking to pursue. Following of the advantages are mentioned below,
- Students who want to do a scientific study of the behaviour, structure, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals can opt for the MSc Zoology Distance Education.
- As the course is being offered in distance mode, students have flexibility in time, attendance, classes, and other activities involved in the regular mode of study. Apart from this, the fee is also lower in distance education courses as compared to regular mode.
- After enrolling in the MSc Zoology Distance Education course, students can learn and complete their studies without visiting the campus regularly.
- The curriculum of this course is designed specially by keeping in focus the industrial demands.
- The students get to complete their studies and opt for another course or a regular job at the same time by enrolling in the course.
- The fee for pursuing the MSc Zoology Distance Learning course remains low compared to the regular mode course.
MSc Zoology Distance Education Syllabus
|Structure and Functions of Non-chordates
|Structure and Functions of Chordates
|Taxonomy and Biodiversity
|Conservation Biology and Wildlife
|Genetics and Genetic Engineering
|Endocrinology and Neuroscience
|Development and Differentiation
|Biotechnology and Applications
|Parasites and Immunity
|Biochemistry and Molecular biology
|Elective I Theory
|Elective II Theory
|Ecological Theories and Applications
|Comparative Animal Physiology
|Evolution and Animal Behaviour
|Seminar and Dissertation or Review
|Tissue Structure Function and Chemistry
|Cell and Receptor Biology
|Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Instrumentation
|Elective I Practical
|Laboratory course (1 module)
Scope of MSc Zoology Distance Education
The MSc Zoology Distance Learning program raises a wide range of career options for students after completing the course. The program can prepare students for careers in animal nutrition, marine biology, ecology, and many other fields. A distance MSc Zoology graduate can apply for both Govt. & Private sector for the job at various job profiles like Animal Biologist, Forensic Biologist, Animal Control Officer, Animal Scientist & more.
What is the scope of an MSc Zoology? It is a general question asked by students who want to pursue an MSc Zoology course in distance mode, and the answer to this question is: There is a wide scope open for such graduates. They can find employment in a variety of fields such as Students can build their careers in government and private sectors in the industries like Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical industry, Wildlife and environmental conservation, Research and Development Industry, Wildlife and Environmental Conservation, and more.
Top Recruiter for MSc Zoology via Distance Education
Some top companies have offered handsome salary packages to Zoology Master’s degree holders. Salary levels in this field depend on candidates’ skills and experience. The following recruiters provide all medical facilities to candidates:
- NGOs working with wildlife or domestic animals
- Colleges and Universities offering MSc zoology courses
- State and National Forest Departments
Areas of Employment After Distance MSc Zoology
- Zoos & National Parks
- Colleges & Universities
- Agriculture Sector
- Biotechnology Companies
MSc Zoology Distance Education Job Profile
- Animal Control Officer
- Academic Teacher
- Media Sector
- Academic Researcher
- Research Scientist
- Scientific Writer
- Lab technicians
- Zookeeper Biochemist
- Animal Behavior and Training Specialists
What are the Salary Packages After MSc Zoology Distance Education?
The starting salary for a Zoology Master’s degree completed in distance mode is around INR 4.4 to 10.8 lakh per annum. Depending on their educational level, grades, and skills, MSc Zoology distance education salary per month in India varies. The public and private sectors offer a lump sum based on the graduate’s position. Here are some examples of job titles with salaries:
|Approx. Annual Salary
|INR 6 LPA
|INR 8 LPA
|INR 7.5 LPA
|Animal Control Officer
|INR 4.20 LPA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques 1: Is Distance MSc Zoology demand in the private or government sector and a safe option for a career?
Ans- Yes, the private and government sector demand this postgraduate degree for the job, and it’s safe.
Ques 2: Is MSc. Is a zoology degree or certificate from distance learning valid in another country for a job and study?
Ans- Yes, MSc. Zoology Distance Education is also valid in other countries for jobs and studies.
Ques 3: Can students pay fees in installments?
Ans- Yes, Students can pay fees in installments.
Ques 4: What will be the examination mode?
Ans- Mode may be changeable depending on university rules.
Ques 5: Can I do MSc Zoology in distance mode?
Ans: According to the UGC-DEB, various universities offer MSc Zoology distance education in India. Therefore, students can pursue this course in distance mode.
Ques 6: What is the highest-paid job with MSc in Zoology?
Ans: A candidate can work as a dentist, principal scientist, professor, veterinarian, etc., and earn a reasonable salary between INR 4.4 lakhs to 10.8 lakhs per year initially.
Ques 7: Is Distance Education in MSc Zoology course valid?
Ans: Yes, the MSc Zoology course from distance mode is valid if students complete their degree from a well-known institution or university. There are various universities that offer MSc courses in Zoology specialization.