MA Social Work Distance Education Admission 2023: Master of Arts in Social Work is a two-year duration PG label program. IMTS Institute offers admission to this programme. Students who desire to apply for admission to the MA Social Work Distance education program have to pass the graduation in any stream with at least 45-50% marks from a recognized University. Usually, the UniversityUniversity sets the admission process for the MA Social Work distance education program on a merit-based.
- MA Social Work Full Form: Master of Arts in Social Work
- Eligibility: Colleges have varied eligibility criteria for distance MA social work courses. Students must have finished a bachelor’s degree in Humanities and Arts to be eligible.
- Duration: There are 4 total semesters in the course and the total time period to study across these semesters is 2 years.
- Fee: The average fee for the MA Social Work Distance course is range between INR 10,500 to 23,000* per year.
- Career-wise: The professionals of MA social work can perform various job roles some of them are: Social workers, Journalists, lecturers, Junior Research Fellows, Project Managers, Senior Managers – Human Resources, etc.
Micro Finance, Poverty Reduction, Social Work, Micro Enterprises, Human Growth, and Development, etc are all core subjects of the MA social work syllabus. Initial salary ranges from INR 2.5 to 5.5 LPA, depending on expertise and talent.
MA Social Work Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MA Social Work|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Fee Structure||INR 9,500 to INR 23,000 / Year|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
Why MA Social Work Distance Learning?
MA in Social Work is a fascinating course that attracts students who want to work for society’s development. Students have the opportunity to pursue the course in distance mode. There is various advantage of distance learning in MA Social Work.
Students do not need to attend regular classes. The fees are also lower in distance mode education than in the regular mode. Students can study the course according to their schedule. The study material is available online so students have access to it every time.
Is Distance MA Social Work Worth it?
Yes, doing an MA in Social Work can be worth it if you get this learning from a prominent college and obtain skills in it.
- Skills: Through this DL program, students will learn these skills: personal management, time management, social policy-making, social administration, rural development skills, oral, research and writing skills.
- Time Flexibility: You will be able to examine and study course materials when you enrol in the MA in Social Work program. Furthermore, you can continue to support your family, maintain a full-time job, and pursue your education.
- Fee and cost: This distance MA is cost and time-saving. It saves a lot of tuition and travel costs compared to traditional courses. The academic tuition fee for this program is between INR 10,500 to INR 23,000* per year.
- Earn While You Learn: While studying this MA course, you will have a comfortable time schedule. Due to your favourite time scheduling facility, you can select a specific time for study and job. Doing a job along with study will help you financially.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Features of MA Social Work Distance Education
- It is an important degree program to understand the basic welfare needs in society and create numerous ways to reach the goal of societal welfare.
- After acquiring this degree there are many job roles that are exposed to candidates including community mobilizer, customer service representative, social worker, journalist, counsellor, etc.
- Such professional experts are getting annual earnings of about INR 2-4 LPA at the initial level however it can be enhanced by gaining experience.
- It is now very well known in distance and online learning and students who are having trouble in regular classes can take this course.
- The course has gained a greater value in distance mode after having the approval of UGC and DEB.
MA Social Work Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into Distance MA in Social Work has started at IMTS Institute for session 2023-24. Students can apply online at @www.imtsinstitute.com. MA Social Work Distance Education is a postgraduate degree that aims to equip a candidate with information about social practices and prepares them to figure out the welfare of society. If students are interested to get admission to the course, first of all, they need to know about the admission and eligibility criteria. Admission modes are available online for students.
Distance MA Social Work Eligibility Criteria
- The students who need to pursue this course can take admitted after passing the 10+2+3 pattern of education within a subject that is related.
- Entries are provided without an entrance exam and students are selected on a direct basis.
- The score of each student who is applying must be 50% and more of it.
MA Social Work Distance Education Fee Structure
MA Social Work is a popular course covering different social issues. The course is generally completed in 2 years for which students are required to pay a certain amount. To enrol for the Distance MA Social Work at IMTS Institute, the tuition course fee is Rs. 10,500 to 23,000* per annum.
MA Social Work Distance Education Admission Process
- The applications for this course will be submitted online.
- It will be done by opening the IMTS webpage.
- Sign up and then an application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill out the form appropriately by completing the details.
- These aspirants can be registered by contacting the IMTS counsellor.
- It is a direct way to submit the fee and be registered.
Benefits of MA Social Work Distance Education
- Time flexibility: In this course, there is no fixed schedule for study. This is made easy for the candidate to pursue their study without lifting their current schedule.
- Low fee structure: One of the advantages of the distance MA program is that the fee structure is relatively lower than the regular MA program. Students can secure admission to the distance MA program at an affordable fee ranging between INR 10,500 to 23,000* per annum. This low fee structure makes the distance MA program accessible to a wider audience who wish to pursue higher education.
- Earn while you learn: The candidates of this course can earn during the study. If the candidate is working in another field then a distance MA is the best option for him.
- Online classes: All books and lecturers of this course are provided to the candidates online. This course is easy for the candidates.
MA Social Work Distance Education Syllabus
The MA distance program in Social Work is spread over 2 years in which students study various social issues and their solutions. The comprehensive syllabus for the course is discussed below:
|Year I||Year II|
|Indian Society||Social Disorganization & Legislation|
|Social Work & Human Psychology||Social Research Methods|
|Theory and Practice of Social Work||Social Policy and Administration|
|Sociological Concept||Personnel Management|
|Indian Social Institutions||Criminology and Penology|
MA Social Work Distance Education Specializations
|MA Social Work Specializations|
|MA Social Work Dalit and Tribal||MA Social Work in Family and Child Welfare|
|MA Social Work in Community Development||MA Social Work in Human Resource Management|
|MA Social Work in Criminal & Justice|
MA Social Work in Human Resource Management: It is the right way of learning the management techniques to handle an organization or a company so the business gains a competitive advantage.
MA Social Work Criminal and Justice: The programme is mainly designed to assist those people whose lives are affected by criminal activities.
MA Social Work Community Development: The programme is aimed to create positive development in different communities in India.
MA Social Work Family & Child Welfare: The purpose of this course is to provide students with the ability to deal with a variety of issues related to children and their families such as abuse of children, misbehaviour, and other such issues.
MA Social Work Dalit and Tribal: The purpose of this course is to give students a better understanding of the history of minorities in India. Those who take part in the MA Social Work Dalit Studies program are able to learn about indigenous and marginalized communities as well as work with them.
MA Social Work Distance Education Skill Required
Aspirants for an MA in Social Work should have critical thinking, analytical capabilities, empathy, effective communication, policy management, and decision-making abilities. Furthermore, they must be self-assured, determined, and committed to their goal. Skills that qualify candidates for a postgraduate MA in Social Work:
|Skill Required for MA Social Work Distance Education|
|Problem-Solving Skills||Management Skills||Inquisitive|
|Analytical Skills||Goal-Oriented||Technical Skills|
|Strong Work Ethics|
MA Social Work Distance Learning India
IMTS Institute offers MA in Social Work Distance Learning programs all over India. It is one of the best distance education institutes in India. These PG programs usually take two years to complete and teach a wide range of topics, including social policy, social welfare, and social justice. Students who have graduated with MA in Social Work Distance Learning program in India can work in a variety of fields, including social service agencies, government sectors, and private organizations.
Scope of MA Social Work Distance Education
After pursuing Social Work at the PG level, students can further study at MPhil or PhD level. If anyone is willing to continue his career by working in the field, then there are many recruiting areas. The most eminent professionals in this field are Social workers, journalists, Health educators, Counselors, CSR representatives, Career Counselors, and Community mobilizers.
Social Worker for Women: There are many villages and backward areas in India where women are humiliated for many reasons. The role of social workers is to spread awareness about the rights of humans and women. They are also responsible for teaching skills to women.
MA Social Work Distance Education Salary
An MA in Social Work is a very much opted course by students in their masters. After completing the program at a good college, various job options are out there that students can choose from.
A person who has an interest in social work can become a social worker, civil servant, journalist, writer, public relations officer, etc. After an MA in Social Work distance education, one can expect to earn an average salary of INR 4 LPA to INR 6.5 LPA, depending on the job position.
MA Social Work Distance Education Employment Areas
|Mental Health Offices||Drugs abuse|
|Child, woman, and tribal welfare||Inadequate education facility|
|Freelancing||Social Welfare Agencies|
MA Social Work Distance Education Job Profile
|Professor||Human Development Manager|
|Social Worker||Social Security Officer|
|Researcher||Field Worker Volunteer|
MA Social Work Distance Education (FAQs)?
Ans: Yes, all the Social work degrees and certifications are valid for the government and the private sector.
Ans: Yes, India or Abroad accepts all the degrees and certifications in MA Social Work Distance Education.
Ans: Yes, Installment and One-time payments both modes are both available for the fee payment.
Ans: Examination mode depends on the study mode, and what student selected on admission time.
Ques 5: Can MA Social Work be done in distance education?
Ans: Yes, candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognised university can apply for MA Social work distance education admission. Several Universities offer this program in distance learning mode.