MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2022: Last date for admission into the MA Sociology distance education course for the session 2022 is 30 November 2022 at IMTS Institute. The students who are aspiring to get enrollments in this course need to fill out the registration form for admission before the deadline.
The students are provided with the opportunity for learning about various concepts related to sociology, political sociology, economic sociology, sociology research, etc, in the 2 years duration of the distance MA Sociology course.
Master of Arts (MA) in Sociology is a PG program in which students learn about society and the mechanisms that are operated in it particularly. Various subjects that are studied in this course are the sociology of India, sociology of development, religion & Society, methods for sociological research, economic sociology, political sociology, and more.
MA Distance Education in sociology is given immense importance in India as the country has a wider sociological history. Students who gain the education of this course become enough equipped with communication, interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. The students who successfully qualified with this degree have further study options at PhD level by doing research in the field to be more expert. This is also beneficial in acquiring some most prestigious job roles in the sociology field.
- Course Full Form: Master of Arts in Sociology
- Eligibility: To pursue the MA Sociology distance course, it requires to have UG degree in a relevant discipline with 45% marks.
- Duration: The time period for MA Sociology when taught in distance mode is the same 2 years also the number of semesters are same that are four in total.
- Fee: The average fee of MA Sociology distance education ranges from INR 12,500 to INR 27,600 per year.
- Career-wise: There are top recruiters in India including public and government social organizations that hire such postgraduates. Upon hiring in such positions they can earn about INR 3.51 to INR 6.59 lacs per annum.
MA Sociology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Sociology|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Average Course Fees||INR 12,500 to INR 27,600 per year|
Why MA Sociology through Distance Learning?
- Students in this course thoroughly learn about the sociology of symbolism, the sociology of kinship, and a variety of sociological theories. In the subject students also learn about various other aspects connected with society.
- The scope of this field can be determined by knowing about the jobs one can get after this course and some are sociologist, researcher, consultant, administrator, counselor, and so on.
- It can also be recognized from its distance as an online learning mode that is now opted for by most students in India because of its easiness of learning.
- Making this distance course valuable and worth the approval of UGC and DEB is an important factor.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Points of MA Sociology Distance Education
- MA Sociology Distance Education is a course in PG degree which can be preferred by those working in NGO, Human Development, Society Development, and all sociology development departments.
- For admission to the current program, a candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university in India.
- MA Sociology distance education is a two-year course offered at the university level. Since sociology is a broad subject.
- The standard beginning wage for MA Sociology graduates ranges from 15,000 INR to 25,000 INR per month.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2022
The admission for the MA Sociology Distance Education course has been started by the IMTS Institute for the academic session 2022-23 and the last date announced for admission is 30 November 2022. The registration form is listed above in the article that the applicants need to fill out before the last date in the appropriate manner.
MA sociology is a two-year master’s level course offered by IMTS Institute to students interested in learning about various concepts related to sociology. Institutions conduct admissions based on merit lists for this course.
The top-selected students for MA sociology distance education admission must score good aggregate scores in order to get their names on the list. When students finish the course curriculum, they can apply for high-profile jobs such as teaching, counseling, and welfare advisor.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission Form
The application form is active on the official website of the IMTS Institute. Students can also fill out the form that is mentioned on the page. After filling in the personal details such as name, course name and Date of birth, they proceed to the next process where they must submit the scanned documents.
MA Sociology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum criteria required to secure admission in distance MA Sociology is having either a BA in Sociology or another related degree.
- Every student will be finally selected on merit, not on the entrance exam.
- As per their merit, these aspirants need to secure 50% marks in the last degree exams.
MA Sociology Distance Education Fees
It is an important part of admission and the final step of the admission process. Students must submit their application form fee. After paying the fee they will get a fee submission receipt. Students should save it for future reference.
Interested Students who want to do an MA in Sociology Distance education have to pay the course fee. The average fee for MA Sociology through distance learning is INR 12,500 to INR 27,600 per year.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission Process
For application candidates should follow the points given below:
- Students visit the IMTS website and first check their eligibility.
- If they are eligible they can sign up to fill out the form.
- In the form, there will be sections to fill in your academic and other important details.
- Documents will also be attached the also the fee submission slip.
If there comes a difficulty in registration contacting an IMTS counsellor is also an option.
MA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Sociology of Kinship||Sociology of India|
|Religion and Society||Economic Sociology|
|Sociological Theories||Sociology of Development|
|Political Sociology||Methods of Sociological Research|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Industry and Society||Urban Sociology|
|Sociology of Symbolism||Populations and Society|
|Gender and Society||Sociology of Science|
|Sociology of Organizations||Sociology of Media|
|Sociology of Education||Agrarian Structure|
Scope of MA Sociology Distance Education
The students who are pursuing the MA Sociology Distance Education course can aspire for a successful career around social concepts. The scope for the students pursuing this course is comparatively high as the students get to develop the skills that help them in leveling up their career up.
After pursuing the MA Sociology Distance Education course, students can find jobs at educational centers, welfare organizations, public health organizations, and medical centers, among others. An applicant who pursues the course can expect a salary package between INR 3.15 LPA and INR 7.65 LPA after pursuing the course.
- Public Relations Executive
- Social Worker
- School Teacher
- Data Analyst
- HR Executive
- Geo-Political Risk Analyst
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Sales Executive
- Criminal justice field
Public Relations Executive: If you have done an MA in Sociology, then you can work in different fields, and one of those fields is public relations executive. A public relations executive has a lot of work. They can do various activities like developing, monitoring, and considering the best strategy for growth in this field. Basically, the work of a PR executive is to write press releases and maintain the company’s brand.
Data Analyst: After completing Master of Arts in Sociology through distance education. A student can work as Data Analyst. The main job role of a data analyst is to collect and stores data on market research, sales numbers, linguistics, logistics, and other behaviors. Data Analyst uses their expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data to help the organization and people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is an MA Sociology Degree or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans- Yes, MA Sociology degree and certification is acceptable in India or Abroad for a job and study.
Q: What will be the examination mode?
Ans- Examination mode depends on the university’s decision.
Q: Who can do MA in sociology?
Ans- A Student who has an undergraduate degree from any recognized university can do an MA in Sociology.
Q: Is MA in Sociology valuable?
Ans- Yes, MA in Sociology is a valuable postgraduate degree. After completing the degree, one can become a teacher.
Be the first to leave a review.