MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023: Distane MA or Master of Arts in Sociology is the study of human society; it also includes studying social behavior, cultures, interactions, and social institutes. The degree provides complete knowledge and skills within a timeframe of 2 years. This course is flexible via distance learning and is taught at IMTS Institute.
Admission Process: An online application portal is there to apply for a distance MA Sociology course that makes the admission process flexible. Eligibility of candidates will be based on their last qualification equivalent to BA in Sociology or a related one. The students who are aspiring to enroll in this course need to fill out the registration form for admission before the deadline.
MA Sociology Admission Updates 2023:
- 08 September 2023: Registrations for the MA Sociology distance education course admission 2023-24 are going on at IMTS Institute. Eligible candidates can apply by 25 September 2023. Apply Now
- 08 September 2023: The application form process for the distance MA Sociology program is now open at Subharati University for the academic year 2023-24, and the last date to register for admission is 28 September 2023.
What is MA Sociology Distance Education?
Master of Arts (MA) in Sociology is a PG degree program of duration 2 years. It is a UGC-approved open and Distance Learning course that comprises the study of various subjects such as the sociology of India, the sociology of development, religion, and society, methods for sociological research, economic sociology, political sociology, and more.
Eligibility (Overview): To pursue the Distance MA Sociology course, requires to have a UG degree in a relevant discipline with 45% marks.
Fee: The average fee for MA Sociology distance education ranges from INR 12,500 to INR 27,600 per year.
Career-wise An Overview: MA Distance Education in Sociology is given immense importance in India as the country has a wider sociological history. Students who gain the education of this course become equipped with communication, interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. The students who successfully qualified with this degree have further study options at PhD level by doing research in the field to be more expert. This is also beneficial in acquiring some most prestigious job roles in the sociology field.
Salary: There are top recruiters in India, including public and government social organizations, that hire such postgraduates. Upon hiring in such positions, they can earn about INR 3.51 to INR 6.59 lacs per annum.
MA Sociology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Sociology|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Average Course Fees||INR 12,500 to INR 27,600 per year|
Why MA Sociology through Distance Learning?
- Students in this course thoroughly learn about the sociology of symbolism, the sociology of kinship, and a variety of sociological theories. In the subject, students also learn about various other aspects connected with society.
- The scope of this field can be determined by knowing about the jobs one can get after this course and some are sociologist, researcher, consultant, administrator, counselor, and so on.
- It can also be recognized from its distance as an online learning mode that is now opted for by most students in India because of its easiness of learning.
- Making this distance course valuable and worth the approval of UGC and DEB is an important factor.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Points of MA Sociology Distance Education
- MA Sociology Distance Education is a course in PG degree which can be preferred by those working in NGO, Human Development, Society Development, and all sociology development departments.
- For admission to the current program, a candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university in India.
- MA Sociology distance education is a two-year course offered at the university level since sociology is a broad subject.
- The standard beginning wage for MA Sociology graduates ranges from 15,000 INR to 25,000 INR per month.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS Institute started the registration process for admission in MA Sociology Distance Education program for the 2023 academic session. The application form is listed above in the article and students can fill it out to gain more information related to admission, eligibility, fees, and required details.
MA sociology is a two-year master’s level course offered by IMTS Institute to students interested in learning about various concepts related to sociology. Institutions conduct admissions based on merit lists for this course.
The top-selected students for MA sociology distance education admission must score good aggregate scores in order to get their names on the list. When students finish the course curriculum, they can apply for high-profile jobs such as teaching, counseling, and welfare advisors.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission Form
The application form is active on the official website of the IMTS Institute. Students can also fill out the form that is mentioned on the page. After filling in the personal details such as name, course name, and Date of birth, they proceed to the next process, where they must submit the scanned documents.
MA Sociology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum criteria required to secure admission in the distance MA Sociology is having either a BA in Sociology or another related degree.
- Every student will be finally selected on merit, not on the entrance exam.
- As per their merit, these aspirants need to secure 50% marks in the last degree exams.
MA Sociology Distance Education Fees
The final step in the admission process is the most significant aspect of the registration process. Applicants must submit an application fee. They will receive a fee submission slip after paying the registration fee. Students should keep it for future use.
Those who wish to pursue an MA in Sociology via distance education must pay the program cost. The average annual fee for an MA in Sociology via distance education is INR 12,500 to INR 27,600.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission Process
In order to complete the admission process students need to fill out and submit an online application form and submit a scanned copy of all the required documents. The process of admission to the MA Sociology distance education program is completely online and students need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, an applicant needs to fill out and submit the registration form which is attached above in this article.
- Then wait for a call or email, our expert education counselors will call you as soon as possible.
- They will assist you in completing the admission process and submitting online fees for the program.
- Ready a scanned copy of all your documents required in order to complete the admission process.
If you find any difficulty in filling out the application form then the counselors of IMTS Institute are always available to help you.
MA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Sociology of Kinship||Sociology of India|
|Religion and Society||Economic Sociology|
|Sociological Theories||Sociology of Development|
|Political Sociology||Methods of Sociological Research|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Industry and Society||Urban Sociology|
|Sociology of Symbolism||Populations and Society|
|Gender and Society||Sociology of Science|
|Sociology of Organizations||Sociology of Media|
|Sociology of Education||Agrarian Structure|
MA Sociology Distance Education In India
One of the best ways for a student to earn a Master’s degree in sociology is through a distance learning course offered by many institutes in India considered one of the best options for doing so. This program offers students a unique opportunity to gain valuable knowledge in sociology, perspectives, and skills while taking advantage of the flexibility of the Indian educational system through the acquisition of these skills.
IMTS Institute is one of the best institutes in India for distance learning. Students from all areas of India such as Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, etc. can apply for this distance learning course. It offers various Arts courses, including an MA Sociology course. At the institute, the admission process can be completed online mode. Students do not need to visit the institute physically. They can enroll in the courses from any part of India.
Scope of MA Sociology Distance Education
Students who enroll in the MA Sociology Distance Education program can aspire to a successful career in social work. The scope of this course is comparatively high since students gain skills that help them upgrade their careers.
After completing the MA Sociology Distance Education course, students can work at educational centers, welfare organizations, public health organizations, and medical centers. Applicants who pursue the course can expect a salary package between INR 3.15 LPA and INR 7.65 LPA.
Distance MA Sociology Jobs in India
The candidates who have enrolled or completed this degree program have developed their knowledge and skills. The degree holder of this course may have great opportunities in India. They will work in India with many popular industries which provide a huge salary to their candidates. The average salary of an MA Sociology degree holder is about INR 3.15 LPA and INR 7.65 LPA.
Job Roles After MA Distance Education Sociology
- Public Relations Executive
- Social Worker
- School Teacher
- Data Analyst
- HR Executive
- Geo-Political Risk Analyst
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Sales Executive
- Criminal justice field
Public Relations Executive: If you have done an MA in Sociology, then you can work in different fields, and one of those fields is public relations executive. A public relations executive has a lot of work. They can do various activities like developing, monitoring, and considering the best strategy for growth in this field. Basically, the work of a PR executive is to write press releases and maintain the company’s brand.
Data Analyst: Data Analysts are students who work in the field. Analyzing data on market research, sales figures, linguistics, logistics, and other aspects of behavior is the main duty of a data analyst. A Data Analyst makes sure data is accurate and of high quality to help organizations and individuals make better decisions.
School Teacher: It is possible for students who have completed a Master’s degree in Sociology to find a job as a teacher. There is no doubt that it is one of the most prestigious jobs in India. There are many types of teachers, including government and private school teachers. They can earn a good salary by becoming teachers while distributing knowledge and building the future of their students.
Employment Area for MA Sociology Distance Education
|Corporate Research Firms||Communications Industry|
|Education Sector||Humanitarian Organizations like the United Nations Organization (UNO)|
|Foreign Aid Programs||Journalism|
|Criminal Justice Field||Labour Unions|
|Research Organisations||Public Relations|
|Trade Associations||Radio Stations|
|Youth Services||Social Work|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is an MA Sociology Degree or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans- Yes, an MA Sociology degree and certification are acceptable in India or Abroad for a job and study.
Q: What will be the examination mode?
Ans- Examination mode depends on the university’s decision.
Q: Who can do an MA in sociology?
Ans- A Student who has an undergraduate degree from any recognized university can do an MA in Sociology.
Q: Is an MA in Sociology valuable?
Ans- Yes, an MA in Sociology is a valuable postgraduate degree. After completing the degree, one can become a teacher.