MA Home Science Distance Education: The deadline for admission to the MA Home Science Distance Education program at the IMTS Institute is 31 March 2023. The students who have an interest in getting admission to the course can do so by filling out the registration form listed below in the article.
The duration of study in this course is 2 years during which the applicants are taught about the various aspects and fundamentals related to home science along with the basic course study of MA course via the distance education mode.
MA Home Science includes learning about food production using the most sustainable and environmentally friendly methods. Candidates also learn about food issues, textiles with different qualities, grass that is a nonfood crop, mushrooms, herbs, seaweeds, vegetables, ornamental and medicinal plants, and so on.
Latest Updates: Admission is Open for session 2023-24 at IMTS Institute. The deadline to apply is 31 March 2023.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Arts in Home Science
- Eligibility: Graduation marks of students must be 50% minimum and less than they are not eligible. If students have a BA degree in Home Science, they will be preferred. The merit of students will be observed without an entrance exam.
- Duration: At least 2 years is the duration to fully study this course in the distance and online mode.
- Fee: MA Home Science Distance Education average fee cost is around INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year.
- Career-wise: When students successfully acquire their degrees of MA in Home Science, they can get jobs in food processing units and plants and can be appointed as floriculturists and horticulturists with a salary of INR 3.12 to INR 6.44 LPA.
MA Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Home Science|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline|
|Average Fee||INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year|
|Type||Online / Distance|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
Why MA Home Science through distance learning?
The distance mode has proven to be the right way during the pandemic. Most of the classes are conducted during the holidays and weekends when the campus is closed. The learning material is sent to students through study centres or email or invitation links.
- Online learning is available for the MA Home Science Distance Learning.
- If students want to get a master’s degree in home science, it usually takes two years, and they need to have a bachelor’s degree to do so.
- MA Home Science Distance course is about how to use resources in a way that makes your home better.
- This degree teaches you about research methods and statistics, human development and marriage, organizational theory and decision-making, nutrition counselling, and how to work with food in education and health care.
- To apply, students need to have a UG degree having at least 55% of the rating.
Is MA Home Science Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, a MA degree in Home Science through distance education is the choice of many students because of its worth, and this is because it provides many opportunities in the related field.
- Skills: This course makes the students eligible for many tasks as the candidates learning this course get a variety of skills that include a scientific approach with analytical, logical reasoning and critical thinking ability. Other skills necessary in it are communication and life skills.
- Time Flexibility: In this course, many perks are provided, and the major one is that students get more time except for their studies. The candidates are free to choose their study hours, and the available time can be used for other tasks.
- Fee and Cost: An average fee is INR 12000 to 25000 per year, which is a reasonable amount for every candidate.
- Earn While You Learn: Those individuals who cannot support their study expenses can work part-time or full-time through this study course, and this will be best for working professionals.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Features of MA Home Science Distance Learning
- MA Home Science Distance Education provides skills to students to understand the functional, environmental, financial, and social aspects of the course. Apart from theoretical learning it also imparts practical expertise to students.
- After acquiring this course there are job positions can available at various food processing units and plants. Such degree holders can become floriculturists, horticulturists, and so on.
- The study mode that is nowadays opted for this course is online and distance learning. Its scope is brighter and the study syllabus taught here is the same as that of regular courses.
- This course in distance mode can be pursued by candidates from all across the country. Its approval for teaching in online mode is gained from DEB. UGC also approves the course.
MA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2023
IMTS has extended the last date of admission for MA Home Science Distance Education to 31 January 2023. All interested students can apply now. IMTS Institute has started admission into distance MA in Home Science for session 2023-24. Students can apply directly online at the website www.imtsinstitute.com. One who completed graduation from a recognized institute can apply for this course. MA Home Sciences is an art degree with a duration of 2 years. There is no entrance exam conducted, and students will get direct admission into MA Home Science Distance Learning.
MA Home Science Distance Education Application Form
Filling out the application form is the first step of registration for confirming the admission to MA Home Science Distance Education course. Students must fill in all the details that are necessary to fill such as Contact details that are needed to verify all the details. The academic information must be correct. In case, a student provides incorrect information. Then, the admission form will be rejected.
Distance MA Home Science Eligibility Criteria
There are several important eligibility criteria that students need to keep in mind, as every university has its own set of eligibility criteria. Listed below are all the relevant details regarding the MA Home Science Distance Education eligibility criteria.
- The course of MA Home Science is for graduates who have qualified in the related field.
- The admissions are merit-based and the basic requirement in these admissions is just the previous exam marks that must be 50%.
- Entries are done for this course without any Admission exam.
MA Home Science Distance Education Fees
There is an affordable fee for MA Home Science Distance Education. To provide higher education facilities in India to more students, the institute offers this course for a low fee. Admission fees must be submitted before the last date for admission. Students who have filled out the registration form but have not paid their admission fees will have their forms rejected.
The average fee for MA Home science through distance learning is INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year (the fee may change according to the university’s demand).
Specializations of MA Home Science Distance Education
- Foods and Nutrition
- Extension Education and Communication Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Clothing and Textiles
- Family Resource Management
Distance MA Home Science Syllabus
MA Home Science Distance Education course is offered after graduation. The course can be completed within a duration of 2 years. Hence, it consists of 4 semesters over a period of 2 years. The subjects taught in the program cover all the important aspects related to home science at an advanced level. The syllabus for the 2 years is given below:
|Sr. No.||Subjects to Study|
|I||Research Methods & Statistics|
|II||Advanced Food Science|
|IV||Clothing & Textile|
|V||Energy Management & Household Equipment|
|VI||Extension Techniques Programs|
|III||Clothing & Textile|
|IV||Rural Sociology & Rural Development|
|a) Food & Nutrition- Biochemistry, Microbiology & Advanced Nutrition|
|b) Child Development – Human Development & Family Relations|
|c) Resource management – Interior Design.|
|d) Clothing and Textiles – Textile & Laundry Processes|
|e) Extension Education – Advertisement & Visual Publicity|
|VI||Dissertation and Viva|
MA Home Science Distance Education in India
MA Home Science is a highly pursued PG-level course in India. The minimum duration of this specilization course is 2 years ( 4 years is the Maximum). Students can opt for this course while they are working. The plus point is the flexible timing of learning and there are no additional fee requirements. Students have to pay only Rs 10,000 annually fee for MA Home Science Distance education course.
MA Home Science Distance Education in Delhi
In Delhi, MA home science is a highly advanced course with bright career scope. This distance learning course duration is 2 years to 4 years in Delhi. there are lots of universities offering this Distance MA Home Science program. After this Masters’s course, students can apply for job as Teacher, Home Tutor, Health & Nutrition journalists, Lab technicians, Diet Consultancy etc.
Distance MA Home Science Scope
The students who have taken admission in MA Home Science Distance Education and who have completed this degree program have develop their knowledge and skills. Graduates from this course may have good career opportunities in all over the Country. Degree holders of the course may get jobs in many industries, like Govt. and private companies with high pay scale.
The average salary package that an applicant can get on passing the MA Home Science Distance Education course can go from INR 3.12 LPA to INR 6.44 LPA.
Job Types for MA Home Science distance learning
Students can move for the job after completing the course in the field that is mentioned below.
- Teacher & Home Tutor
- Hostess & Receptionist
- Counsellor, Professor & Researcher
- Health & Nutrition Journalist
- Area Sales Officer
- Trainee Medical Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Data Research Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Assistant Dietician
- Lab Technician
- Community Center
- Diet Consultancy
- Colleges & Universities
- Public Mess
Health & Nutrition Journalist: A graduate with an MA Home Science degree can work as Health & Nutrition Journalist. He/she creates written content focusing on health and food. A very wide scope is available to work and one can work independently or in any organization like News Agency.
Dietician: The main motto of this job is to provide the right advice to clients who want to change their diet for health. Clients get full guidance from a dietician for better eating habits to prevent ill health. By doing so, a student can earn Rs. 3.12 to 6.44 Lakh per year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)?
Question 1: Is this MA Home Science Distance Education course valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans: Yes, all the Agriculture degrees and certifications are suitable for the government and the private sector.
Question 2: Is MA Home Science Distance Education certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans: Yes, India or Abroad accepts all the degrees and certifications in Agriculture.
Question 3: Can students pay a fee in installments?
Ans: Yes, Installment and One-time payments both modes are both available for the fee payment.
Question 4: What will be the examination mode of MA Home Science Distance Education?
Ans: Examination mode depends on the study mode, and what students selected on admission time.
Be the first to leave a review.