MA Home Science Distance Education: MA Home Science in distance mode is studied at the postgraduate level with a duration of 2 years that can be extended up to 4 years. Students learn about home economics, consumer education, textiles and clothing, child development, nutrition, family relations, and home management in this program. Each candidate should have completed a BA in Home Science or a relevant degree to be eligible for this distance course. The course fee starts from as low as INR 15,000 per year. Students can take admission in the upcoming 2024 session by filling out the application form at IMTS Institute before 10 March 2024.
There are various job options for distance MA Home Science degree holders, such as family counsellors, textile & clothing designers, food technologists, home economists, etc. Once the admission process starts, an online application portal is opened so everyone can apply easily.
- Fees: MA Home Science Distance Education average fee cost is around INR 15,000 to INR 26,000 per year.
- Course Full Form: Masters of Arts in Home Science
- Eligibility: Graduation marks of students must be 50% minimum to be eligible for this course. If students have a BA degree in Home Science, they will be preferred. The merit of students will be observed without an entrance exam.
- Duration: At least 2 years is the duration to fully study this course in the distance and online mode.
- Career-wise: When students successfully acquire their degrees of MA in Home Science, they can get jobs in food processing units and plants and can be appointed as floriculturists and horticulturists with a salary of INR 3.12 to INR 6.44 LPA.
Latest Admission Updates (February 2024):
- IMTS Institute invites interested candidates to apply for admission to the MA Home Science program before the Last Date for admission of 10 March 2024. Apply Now
- Subharti University has opened admission for the MA Home Science course for the academic session 2024-25. Apply Now 07 March 2024.
- Admission has been announced at NIILM University Haryana for the MA Home Science program for the 2024-25 academic year. Submit the application by 09 March 2024, the Last Date for admission.
- SKU University has commenced the admission process for the MA Home Science course for the 2024-25 academic session. Apply before 07 March 2024.
- Mangalayatan University invites Students for applications for its MA Home Science program for the 2024-25 academic year before 09 March 2024.
- William Carey University has started accepting applications for the MA Home Science course beginning the 2024-25 academic session. Apply before the Last Date for admission of 08 March 2024.
MA Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Master of Arts in Home Science
|Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
|INR 15,000 to INR 26,000 per year
|Online / Distance
Why MA Home Science through distance learning?
The distance mode has proven to be effective during the pandemic. Most of the classes are conducted during the holidays and weekends when the campus is closed. The learning material is sent to students through study centres or email or invitation links.
- Online learning is available for the MA Home Science Distance Learning.
- If students want to get a master’s degree in home science, it usually takes two years, and they need to have a bachelor’s degree to do so.
- MA Home Science Distance course is about how to use resources in a way that makes your home better.
- This degree teaches you about research methods and statistics, human development and marriage, organizational theory and decision-making, nutrition counselling, and how to work with food in education and health care.
- To apply, students need to have a UG degree having at least 55% of the rating.
Is MA Home Science Distance Education Worth it?
Yes, an MA degree in Home Science through distance education is the choice of many students because of its worth, and this is because it provides many opportunities in the related field.
- Skills: This course makes the students eligible for many tasks as the candidates learning this course get a variety of skills that include a scientific approach with analytical, logical reasoning and critical thinking abilities. Other skills necessary in it are communication and life skills.
- Time Flexibility: In this course, many perks are provided, and the major one is that students get more time except for their studies. The candidates are free to choose their study hours, and the available time can be used for other tasks.
- Fee and Cost: An average fee is INR 15000 to 26000 per year, which is a reasonable amount for every candidate.
- Earn While You Learn: Those individuals who cannot support their study expenses can work part-time or full-time through this study course, and this will be best for working professionals.
Distance MA Course Specializations
Key Features of MA Home Science Distance Learning
- MA Home Science Distance Education provides skills to students to understand the functional, environmental, financial, and social aspects of the course. Apart from theoretical learning it also imparts practical expertise to students.
- After acquiring this course there are job positions can available at various food processing units and plants. Such degree holders can become floriculturists, horticulturists, and so on.
- The study mode that is nowadays opted for this course is online and distance learning. Its scope is brighter and the study syllabus taught here is the same as that of regular courses.
- This course in distance mode can be pursued by candidates from all across the country. Its approval for teaching in online mode is gained from DEB. UGC also approves the course.
MA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2024
IMTS has extended the last date of admission for MA Home Science Distance Education to 10 March 2024. All interested students can apply now. IMTS Institute has started admission into distance MA in Home Science for session 2024-24. Students can apply directly online at the website www.imtsinstitute.com.
One who has completed graduation from a recognized institute can apply for this course. MA Home Sciences is an art degree with a duration of 2 years. No entrance exam is conducted, and students will get direct admission into MA Home Science Distance Learning.
The admission process at IMTS Institute is simple and can be completed in simple steps. One can also call in the above-given number for any query regarding course and admission. Our counsellors will assist you on business days. Free career counselling is also available.
MA Home Science Distance Education Application Form
Filling out the application form is the first registration step for confirming admission to the MA Home Science Distance Education course. Students must fill in all the necessary details, such as Contact details that are needed to verify all the details. The academic information must be correct. In case a student provides incorrect information. Then, the admission form will be rejected.
Distance MA Home Science Eligibility Criteria
There are several important eligibility criteria that students need to keep in mind, as every university has its own set of eligibility criteria. All the relevant details regarding the MA Home Science Distance Education eligibility criteria are listed below.
- The course of MA Home Science is for graduates who have qualified in the related field.
- The admissions are merit-based and the basic requirement in these admissions is just the previous exam marks that must be 50%.
- Entries are done for this course without any Admission exam.
MA Home Science Distance Education Fees
There is an affordable fee for MA Home Science Distance Education. To provide higher education facilities in India to more students, the institute offers this course for a low fee. Admission fees must be submitted before the last date for admission. Students who have filled out the registration form but have not paid their admission fees will have their forms rejected.
The average fee for MA Home Science through distance learning is INR 15,000 to INR 26,000 per year (the fee may change according to the university’s demand).
Specializations of MA Home Science Distance Education
- Foods and Nutrition
- Extension Education and Communication Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Clothing and Textiles
- Family Resource Management
Distance MA Home Science Syllabus
MA Home Science Distance Education course is offered after graduation. The course can be completed within 2 years. Hence, it consists of 4 semesters over 2 years. The subjects taught in the program cover all the important aspects related to home science at an advanced level. The syllabus for the 2 years is given below:
| MA Home Science 1st Year Syllabus
|Subjects to Study
|Research Methods & Statistics
|Advanced Food Science
|Clothing & Textile
|Energy Management & Household Equipment
|Extension Techniques Programs
|MA Home Science 2nd Year Syllabus
|Clothing & Textile
|Rural Sociology & Rural Development
|a) Food & Nutrition- Biochemistry, Microbiology & Advanced Nutrition
|b) Child Development – Human Development & Family Relations
|c) Resource management – Interior Design.
|d) Clothing and Textiles – Textile & Laundry Processes
|e) Extension Education – Advertisement & Visual Publicity
|Dissertation and Viva
MA Home Science Distance Education in India
MA Home Science in distance learning mode is recognized by UGC DEB. MA Home Science is a highly pursued PG-level course in India. The minimum duration of this specialization course is 2 years (4 years is the Maximum). Several universities and colleges offer this program in distance education in India including IMTS Institute. Students can opt for this course while they are working.
IMTS Institute is one of the top institutes that provide admission to distance MA Home science programs to students. Those who have completed their graduation degree in a relevant stream from UGC approved university can fill out the above-given form.
Students from several states like Delhi, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala can take admission to the course. The plus point is the flexible timing of learning and there are no additional fee requirements. Students have to pay only Rs 15,000 annually fee for MA Home Science Distance education course.
Distance MA Home Science Scope
This program provides students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills in the field of home science. Graduates of this program will have access to career opportunities across the country. Upon completion of this course, students can find employment in a variety of industries, including government and high-paying private companies.
MA Home Science distance education graduates can expect to earn INR 3.12 LPA to INR 6.44 LPA as their average salary package.
Job Types for MA Home Science Distance Learning
Students can move for the job after completing the course in the field that is mentioned below.
- Teacher & Home Tutor
- Hostess & Receptionist
- Counsellor, Professor & Researcher
- Health & Nutrition Journalist
- Area Sales Officer
- Trainee Medical Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Data Research Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Assistant Dietician
- Community Center
- Diet Consultancy
- Colleges & Universities
- Public Mess
Health & Nutrition Journalist: A graduate with an MA Home Science degree can work as a Health & Nutrition Journalist. He/she creates written content focusing on health and food. A very wide scope is available to work and one can work independently or in any organization like News Agency.
Dietician: The main motto of this job is to provide the right advice to clients who want to change their diet for health. Clients get full guidance from a dietician for better eating habits to prevent ill health. By doing so, a student can earn Rs. 3.12 to 6.44 Lakh per year.
Counsellor: After completing MA in Home Science through distance education, students can start their careers as counsellors. A good knowledge of nutrition and diets helps them a lot. They can perfectly provide counselling sessions to the needy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)?
Question 1: Is this MA Home Science Distance Education course valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans: Yes, all the Agriculture degrees and certifications are suitable for the government and the private sector.
Question 2: Is the MA Home Science Distance Education certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans: Yes, India or Abroad accepts all the degrees and certifications in Agriculture.
Question 3: Can students pay a fee in installments?
Ans: Yes, Installment and One-time payments both modes are both available for the fee payment.
Question 4: What will be the examination mode of MA Home Science Distance Education?
Ans: Examination mode depends on the study mode, and what students selected on admission time.