MA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2022-23: Students who wish to have an MA Home Science Distance Education degree but have less time or can not afford the expensive regular courses can take MA Home Science Distance Learning Admission. IMTS Institute offers series of MA distance courses in various specializations.
MA Home Science include learning about food production using the most sustainable and environmentally friendly methods. Candidates also learn about food issues, textiles with different qualities, grass that is a nonfood crop, mushrooms, herbs, seaweeds, vegetables, ornamental and medicinal plants, and so on. In most of the technical fields, the subject of home Science puts a greater influence and those fields are textiles, biometrics, ecology, physiology, etc.
This course has given the value of an interdisciplinary course because it combines knowledge of social science, biological science, and physical science. The plants are cultivated and grown together using the Knowledge of this course which is a mixture of arts and science. Through this course, one becomes able to make a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.
MA Home Science Distance Education Full Form: Masters of Arts in Home Science
Eligibility: Graduation marks of students must be 50% minimum and less than they are not eligible. If students have a BA degree in Home Science, they will be preferred. The merit of students will be observed without an entrance exam.
Duration: At least 2 years is the duration to fully study this course the distance and online mode.
Fee: MA Home Science Distance Education average fee cost is around INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year.
Career-wise: When students successfully acquire their degrees of MA in Home Science, they can get jobs in food processing units and plants and can be appointed as floriculturists and horticulturists with a salary of INR 6 LPA.
MA Home Science Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Home Science|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline|
|Average Fee||INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year|
|Type||Online / Distance|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
Distance MA Course Specializations
Why MA Home Science through distance learning?
The distance mode has proven to be the right way during the pandemic. The classes are conducted with fewer physical classes. Most of the classes are conducted during the holidays and weekends when the campus is closed. The learning material is sent to students through study centers or email or invitation links.
- Online learning is available for the MA Home Science Distance Education.
- If students want to get a master’s degree in home science, it usually takes two years, and they need to have a bachelor’s degree to do so.
- MA Home Science Distance Education is about how to use resources in a way that makes your home better.
- This degree teaches you about research methods and statistics, human development and marriage, organizational theory and decision making, nutrition counseling, and how to work with food in education and health care.
- To apply, students need to have a UG degree having at least 55% of the rating.
MA Home Science Distance Education Admission 2022-23
MA Home Sciences is an art degree with a duration of 2 years. IMTS Institute offers this degree program twice a year. The candidate should have a graduation degree based on marks they got will be selected for MA.
Key Features of MA Home Science Distance Learning
- MA Home Science provide skills to students to understand the functional, environmental, financial, and social aspects of the course. Apart from theoretical learning it also imparts practical expertise to students.
- After acquiring this course there are job positions can available at various food processing units and plants. Such degree holders can become floriculturists, horticulturists, and so on.
- The study mode that is nowadays opted for this course is online and distance learning. Its scope is brighter and the study syllabus taught here is the same as that of regular courses.
- This course in distance mode can be pursued by candidates from all across the country. Its approval for teaching in online mode is gained from DEB. UGC also approves the course.
MA Home Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The course of MA Home Science is for graduates who have qualified in the related field.
- The admissions are merit-based and the basic requirement in these admissions is just the previous exam marks that must be 50%.
- Entries are done for this course without any admission exam.
The average fee for MA Home science through distance learning is INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per year for Correspondence mode the fee may change according to the university’s demand.
Specializations of MA Home Science Distance Education
- Foods and Nutrition
- Extension Education and Communication Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Clothing and Textiles
- Family Resource Management
MA Home Science Distance Education Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects to Study|
|I||Research Methods & Statistics|
|II||Advanced Food Science|
|IV||Clothing & Textile|
|V||Energy Management & Household Equipment|
|VI||Extension Techniques Programs|
|III||Clothing & Textile|
|IV||Rural Sociology & Rural Development|
|a). Food & Nutrition- Biochemistry, Microbiology & Advanced nutrition|
|b). Child Development – Human Development & Family Relations|
|c). Resource management – Interior Design.|
|d). Clothing and Textiles – Textile & Laundry Processes|
|e). Extension Education – Advertisement & Visual Publicity|
|VI||Dissertation and Viva|
Job Types for MA Home Science distance learning
Students can move for the job after completing the course in the field that is mentioned below.
- Teacher & Home Tutor
- Hostess & Receptionist
- Counsellor, Professor & Researcher
- Health & Nutrition Journalist
- Area Sales Officer
- Trainee Medical Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Data Research Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Assistant Dietician
- Lab Technician
- Community Center
- Diet Consultancy
- Colleges & Universities
- Public Mess
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Is this MA Home Science Distance Education course valid for the government or private Sectors?
Ans. Yes, all the Agriculture degrees and certifications are suitable for the government and the private sector.
Q: Is MA Home Science or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans. Yes, India or Abroad accepts all the degrees and certifications in Agriculture.
Q: Can students pay a fee in installments?
Ans. Yes, Installment and One-time payment both mode is available for the fee payment.
Q: What will be the examination mode?
Ans. Examination mode depends on the study mode, what students selected on admission time.
Be the first to leave a review.